Feedback Thread: Account Bound WXP, Ascended and Legendaries!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Another thought, the shared WXP also begs the question of whether ranks will still be displayed since they will become rather useless. I build a new toon and they have 400 rank points to distribute…..guess that bronze general won’t be expecting that when he’s rolled by an assaulter

Something doesn’t make sense here. When you combine all your WXP, all your characters will be at the same rank, so they’ll see your account rank.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

YAY!!!!… I so wish I didn’t buy a full set of Asc trinkets last week, ugg! lol

Ouch you just reminded me i did the same thing….and it was the same set as 3 other chars…

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

love this decision! thanks anet!

Posted by: Mario Lemieux.9107

Mario Lemieux.9107

I have a very similar concern….

For example, I crafted a full ascended Zojja’s set for my warrior, then transmuted it onto his T3 Cultural set…I’m assuming that this armor will not be available to any other characters since it’s Charr cultural armor…

Posted by: Grace.6074

Grace.6074

Still no tradable ascended gear…. -,-

Always one person that just can’t be happy when good things happen : /

There are always multiple people like that.

I was thrilled when I saw these changes. Said it was just announced in my guild chat, first thing someone says is “That’s stupid” and goes on about how ridiculous it is.

I honestly think it’s just people who feel entitled and think they’re elitists that dislike changes like this that are better for the game’s overall player base, because it means they won’t be a special snowflake anymore.

Aerre – Sylvari Elementalist
Necro/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer/Guardian
HoD – PHZE

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Sucks that if you have ascended armor on a cultural armor it doesn’t matter though lol.

Or does it?!

If you have t3 human skin on ascended armor, I bet you can still swap the ascended around characters, but only your other human characters will be able to wear it.

Oh no it makes sense but it’s a little bit sad. I started to work on ascended armor now and i will have to give up cultural T3 on both of my characters :-(

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Now I’m excited for the removing restrictions blog post.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Thanks a lot arenanet!

This proves it yet again that they really do listen to the community and do read the forums.

(edited by Kraljevo.2801)

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

The dye change, the wardrobe, and the WXP I am very very happy with. The account binding of ascended/legendaries just leaves me disappointed that all the rest of my gear is still soulbound. It is a good change and a point in favor of finally making a legendary, but when i make a legendary I want to be able to pass the exotic it’s replacing on to one of my other alts.

I don’t think account binding everything is a wise idea. The market would take a major hit, and that will not be good for the game. And crafting will also take a hit, because people who make exotics to sell them later won’t be able to anymore, thus making crafting worthless.

Some things should remain the way they are, and hopefully Anet knows this, even if we the players think otherwise.

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Sucks that if you have ascended armor on a cultural armor it doesn’t matter though lol.

Or does it?!

If you have t3 human skin on ascended armor, I bet you can still swap the ascended around characters, but only your other human characters will be able to wear it.

Oh no it makes sense but it’s a little bit sad. I started to work on ascended armor now and i will have to give up cultural T3 on both of my characters :-(

Transmutation splitter.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Just give it time, when people read it at their works lunch they’ll start complaining how they got the same legendary twice solely because it was bound to another character and they feel cheated out of having multiple legendaries.

As opposed to yesterday, the same thing happened but they couldn’t change stats on the fly….

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I.. I think I’m going to cry…

This is the most beautiful thing I ever seen in written text. ;-;

I made a thread asking for this ascended update and it’s like my dreams came true.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

About kitten time they announced it, should have announced it to start the blogs.
Thank you very much ANet.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

This is amazing – thank you, ArenaNet

daros.3407

Or does it?!

Transmutation splitter.

Well even with that i will still have 2 T3 sets that i can’t use :-)

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Just give it time, when people read it at their works lunch they’ll start complaining how they got the same legendary twice solely because it was bound to another character and they feel cheated out of having multiple legendaries.

As opposed to yesterday, the same thing happened but they couldn’t change stats on the fly….

Some people just can’t stop complaining.

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Am I the one who misunderstood the blog post or is it all other people ?
From what I read, it only says that ascended will become account bound, which means you can remove armor from a character to give it to another and vice-versa, NOT that you will somehow unlock the ascended armor for your account ….

Posted by: Klein.9207

Klein.9207

With the new changes to ascended armors being account bound, what will happen to those who transmuted their racial armor to their ascended armor? Granted I love how Anet is making everything account bound now but it doesn’t include those who binded their racial armor looks into things that are going to become account bound. I hate to think that I spent so much time and gold into making my armor, with the stats and looks it got, to be only soulbound to his racial race and armor class. Will Anet do anything about this Players who soulbinded their racial armor into their ascended armor set will screwed over with this upcoming patch.

g e o.2589

You will still get ascended look in wardrobe. Every transmuted item will take its FIRST and LAST appearances into the wardrobe meaning your T3 and Ascended will be in there. So you can just change its look back to Ascended via wardrobe transmutation and it will not be bound to race.

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

From what I read, it only says that ascended will become account bound, which means you can remove armor from a character to give it to another and vice-versa, NOT that you will somehow unlock the ascended armor for your account ….

If you want to be able to use the stats, I guess you have no choice to move them around. But the looks of it will probably be unlocked in the wardrobe. Not sure though.

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

daros.3407

That is right.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

You would just have to transmute it into a look that is supported by your race. The actual ascended item itself if soulbound, the skin is applied from the wardrome.

Posted by: TonyWn.4376

TonyWn.4376

This is so cool!!! I have had an Ascended Shaman Gear Box in my inventory unopened because I was not sure which character to try it on. Now I can experiment with my various characters more.

Thank you Anet. I am anxiously awaiting what Removing Restrictions will bring.

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Just wanna say thanks to Anet for these great changes!

Posted by: Uther Lightbringer.5718

Uther Lightbringer.5718

In the post it says all equipment, does this include ascended trinkets??

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Another thought, the shared WXP also begs the question of whether ranks will still be displayed since they will become rather useless. I build a new toon and they have 400 rank points to distribute…..guess that bronze general won’t be expecting that when he’s rolled by an assaulter

Don’t worry about it as being rolled has little to do with ranks anyway.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Or does it?!

Transmutation splitter.

Uh…why can’t you use the t3? Cuz you want to swap the ascended between characters?

Here’s the thing —- Just because we have the option to swap our entire gearset of ascended between characters doesn’t mean we HAVE to. That’s incredibly tedious, time-consuming, and even cumbersome with bank space. Just swap the full set if you’re taking an alt through high fractals, or doing WvW, otherwise, nothing’s wrong with exotic.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Vagrant.8613

Vagrant.8613

Awesome! I’ve always wanted to start playing my Guardian in wvw but Ranger is rank 80. Account bound wxp is going to be great. Also happy about the account bound ascended/legendaries. I can finally make use of my ascended GS that is collecting dust.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Yup.

Trinkets are equipment too.

Posted by: Coodles.6198

Coodles.6198

How is this account-bound ascended armor going to affect pieces that I skinned over with racial cultural armor? I have a few pieces of tier 2 and 3 norn cultural armor that I have done this with. Will that mean I can’t use those on other characters? And if I can, that bring up the even more exciting prospect of other races using different racial armor.

(NA) (HoD) Leader of Cherry [BOMB]! Now recruiting new/experienced players!

g e o.2589

You can not use them on other characters uless they’re of the same race. BUT if you transmutate them to something that is not race-bound you can.

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Ok, I have to admit, this is pretty great. With this I no longer have to consider wether it’s worth to buy ascended trinkets for a character or not, because even if I don’t use them very often, who cares, some other character will surely be able to use it.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

You can just apply another skin on them if you want to use it on another race. Its not that bad as before since you will now not loose the Skin of the cultural armor.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Klein.9207

Klein.9207

EDIT: I don’t really need the look of the ascended armor look but the stats of it

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

These are awesome changes. But I probably won’t use the account bound aspect of ascended gear, since I switch characters far to frequently to keep depositing it in the bank.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

daros.3407

Or does it?!

Transmutation splitter.

Uh…why can’t you use the t3? Cuz you want to swap the ascended between characters?

Here’s the thing —- Just because we have the option to swap our entire gearset of ascended between characters doesn’t mean we HAVE to. That’s incredibly tedious, time-consuming, and even cumbersome with bank space. Just swap the full set if you’re taking an alt through high fractals, or doing WvW, otherwise, nothing’s wrong with exotic.

To Swap gear every day is still much less tedious, time-consuming then making several ascended sets :-D I am greatful for this change becouse of fractals but it’s is kinda sad that there are still some restrictions in it. But overall i am extremely happy for it. Maybe in future they will work on those restrictions to remove them. Who knows :-)

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

And the natural progression…does that include ascended weapons (I’m assuming yes)

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Coodles.6198

Figured it would be that way. Wanted to make sure though. Seems a shame I would have to waste transmutation charges to switch my gear over to another toon, and lose my look in the process.

Posted by: terminatorkobold.6031

terminatorkobold.6031

To be honest, now they’re making legendaries account bound I don’t get why the skins should be in the wardrobe. It’ll only make everyone have legenadaries everywhere and when I see a legenadary I want to know it is in fact a legendary not a lvl 12 weapon transmuted to look like one. People are gonna be able to swap em around anyway now.

That is easy to answer,

PvP players have been wanting to use legendary skins in PvP since forever and with the wardrobe legendarie skins they will be able to (account bound only does not allow it) under the condition that they craft one (adding them to regular tPvP matches rewards would have made the PvE players howl see what happened with the legends tourney).

I think it is an elegant compromise :-)

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Account / Soulbound status is tied to an item’s stats.

So as long as you chose the ascended stats when you transmuted (which I’m sure you did) I would assume the armor would be converted to account-bound even if its been transmuted with a different look. Basically as long as the name is pink, it should go to account-bound.

That said, cultural armor is still racially restricted. So while the armor would become account-bound and you’d be able to move it between characters, only characters of the race the armor matches would be able to actually wear it. So if you have, say, a Charr with ascended cultural armor, you could move the armor to your Sylvari but that character wouldn’t be able to wear it. But if you had another Charr character, that character should be able to wear it.

If you wanted to make it wearable by anyone, you’d probably have to give the set a different skin.

Mind you, that’s all just my personal guesses on it, but based on how the system works right now that should be accurate I think, as long as they go by the system already in place and not something else.

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

DOES THIS INCLUDE TRINKETS ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

It’s a difficult thing to answer as we don’t fully know how the wardrobe will work when equipping new pieces. I’d imagine one of three things would happen if you move an ascended item that has a cultural skin to another character of a different race: either the ascended piece will go to its default skin or will take the appearance of a pre-set skin on the other character or you can’t equip it.

I’d prefer it taking the appearance of a pre-set skin on the character so that we don’t have to use charges each time we change a piece of gear.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

DOES THIS INCLUDE TRINKETS ?

YES! OR AT LEAST IT SHOULD!

:D

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

YAY!!! I think ArenaNet deserves some cookies for this one.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Finally, I can transfer my unused Triforge since October 2012.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

To be honest, now they’re making legendaries account bound I don’t get why the skins should be in the wardrobe. It’ll only make everyone have legenadaries everywhere and when I see a legenadary I want to know it is in fact a legendary not a lvl 12 weapon transmuted to look like one. People are gonna be able to swap em around anyway now.

Why does it matter if legendary skins are everywhere? If the reason for getting a legendary was the look of it, you should be focused on that. How your character looks with it, how well it works with your character. How fashionable it is all together for you. There should be no concern over other players having that look as well.

Legendary weapons have been becoming more and more prevalent. Almost every PUG dungeon run I do, someone has a legendary. They really aren’t special anymore, and no one really should have felt like a special snowflake for having them.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

Medium armor full ascended vs. guardian+warrior+ele alts …. :S

Coodles.6198

Yeah, I’m aware how cultural armor works on only it’s race right now lol. I just thought, if they were ever inclined to, that this would be an interesting time to make cultural armor open to others. I’m sure they would that would have been in the post if that was the case, but you never know. Worth a shot lol.

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i hope this stats from asc gear are than somehow in warderrobe so i can transmute it on my characters when ever i need

when not and they stay as items than its useless cause i dont wanna click through all my chars when forget where i have which item

this is anoying with endless harvest tools and will be more annoying and useless with items