Feedback Thread: Summer Update (26 July 2016)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: flarezi.9381

flarezi.9381

+ More emotes (finally!)
+ Salvage all
+ Glider skills
+ Well made, interesting story
+ New map is fabulous
+ Ranger pet names
+ Chaos Fractal
+ Fractal UI
+ PVP UI
+ Agony infusion changes for new players sake.

Many players deleted their main character for this.

My suggestion is to revert cooldown nerf as fast as possible.
Give ele lot more access to conditions. We also love skills with mobility if you really wanna buy ele players back.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

An awsome patch! Good story, pets names sticking, new emotes, the salvaging thing, a new pvp map, (have not tried the fractal yet), New masteries,…..

Good Job A-net and thanks!!!

Kima & Co

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Wow, plot spoilers in this thread. Should NOT have read.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

-I’m really enjoying the Capricorn map, it makes me realize how much I hated the old maps.

-Salvage all, the best thing since sliced bread.

-Class balance isn’t good, we need separate balance for each game-modes. According to Grouch the PvP team does not have controls over skills balance, they can only modify amulets, runes, and sigils. This is a big issue with this game. You can’t create good class balance with a “one size fits all” skills team. You need separate class balance for PvE, PvP, and WvW.

-PvP UI changes are well done, ability to queue everywhere is awesome. Next up, please let us have presets that’ll work for all 3 game-modes. We need easier time switching builds & gear.

-WvW, still neglected, still an unbalanced mess, you need to do more if you don’t want this game-mode to die. There’s no excuse to not have more WvW changes & upgrades in this large patch. And no, the whole “WvW is on a separate schedule” excuse doesn’t work, because it really just means WvW gets updated less.

(edited by gavyne.6847)

Posted by: allias.1420

allias.1420

Okay, so firstly I am genuinely happy that we have finally received new, original content! In this comment I will share my view on the newly added map, because this is where I feel there could be a lot more improvement.

So here is my take:

Story Line

In short, I have found the story to be engaging, entertaining and rich with amazing voice acting and meticulous detail to it all! I honestly cannot wait for the next episode to arrive. Even though I might be waiting 2 or 3 months, I’m happy to know that Anet are trying their best to polish and deliver the best product they possibly can to satisfy our insatiable thirst for new content. Quality over quantity is what I feel is the most important aspect of developing GW2.

Bloodstone Fen Map

Aesthetics-wise the map really took my breath away! I love the uniqueness about it, the concept art is truly amazing once again! I feel like Anet always successfully deliver when it comes to invoking a gorgeous, well-thought out map. The huge, vertical scope of it all is truly impressive and something that really adds a lot more flavour to it.

Unfortunately, I share the same concern of its lackluster content as most other players. Like most others, I have completed Bloodstone Fen along with its story line and achievements in just a few hours. The map is certainly impressive, and there is so much potential with all these new mechanics such as triggering skills while gliding! But I just feel like there is not enough content in this map to keep one constantly exploring/visiting every corner of the instance and grinding away those meta-events. The goggle-dive island at the top of the map is the sort of thing I would like to see spread across the zone. These little, finer details enrich gameplay so much more. I feel like if there were some side-quests, or some interesting tid bits of information littered about the instance that relate to the story (apart from the scattered journals) then it would definitely keep me and countless other players engaged for so much longer.

The quality in terms of aesthetics of the overall map has exceeded my expectations, but the quantity of the map’s content is definitely underwhelming.

A lot of players have claimed that the episodes so far are rather lackluster in terms of quantity and span and while I do agree with them, I am highly convinced that Anet will do their best to deliver even more content and lengthier episodes in the next update.

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

The absurd range rock throwing has to go, and I wish lava font wasn’t so clunky to use now in timing. Otherwise things are alright.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Hairstyles that don’t suck for one
How about listen to suggestions for once as far as hairstyles go

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

This is what, the 3rd time in this thread you’ve hated on the hairstyles? Plus, there are two or three other threads you’ve created posts for in the last day saying just as much… Plus starting your own thread on the topic.

You’ve more than made your point about your feelings. At this point you’re just trolling.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Love the patch.

Really want to know how guild missions fit into the development schedule. Are they considered living world, do they have a team – and if neither, is anyone at all responsible for new ones?

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

At a quarterly release rate providing a LS episode … wouldn’t that mean a single season (roughly 8 episodes) take 2 years? Won’t that timeline mess up with expansion releases? Or does that mean expacs may come out every 3 years or so?

Just trying to wrap my head around what can be provided within what timeline versus competitor companies and would like to understand how this is superior to them

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

1) As a thief main, it’s a kitten to get into a raid group. So, a class that is not really wanted in raids getting nerfed (staff damage), and nerfed (no more might on venomshare) is not very appreciated.

Seriously. Waiting three months for a balance patch, excited to see what changes were made, and it was all nerfs. To a class that no one wants in a raid.

I guess I have to hope that elementalists were punched hard enough in the face that thief DPS is high enough to allow me to be attractive in a raid. Poor guys got wrecked harder than I did.

2) New map is great. Flying skills are awesome. Gathering blood rubies and magic is going well.

3) Enjoyed the story a lot, except for the first step which is flat out boring. Much like we asked for skippable cutscenes, I hope we can do something about standing around talking scenes, especially on subsequent characters.

4) The way Taimi said that last phrase at the end, and everything falls quiet actually got an emotional response from me (terror, to be clear).

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I enjoyed the story a lot. For me it was just the right size to get through and feel like I had done something. The story was spaced out enough for me to not feel like I was going through a non stop gauntlet and I had time to figure things out.

I think my flying has greatly improved on this map as well. It has made me really pay attention to my skills and I feel I learned more flying here catching unbound magic than any other place I have been able to fly.

I enjoyed the exploration of this map and really like the event progression. For an average jane player this map really did it for me. The vertical areas are great to explore and I was able to get to the lower areas fairly readily. My only issue is the masses of shooters who can shoot you down half the map away. That needs to be changed.

The account bound recipes – major winner. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

The infusions that were mailed back were an issue. I could still use those infusions on other characters who did not have any but my hubby has no spare spaces on any of his characters and is pretty ticked that he is out the laurels and has infusions clogging up his inventory that he can’t put anywhere because all his character’s have full slots. There should be a way to either trade them back for the laurels or trade some for the enrichment infusions.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

((Minor spoilers below, but I will try to keep them vague.))

I’m going to talk about the zone, and the problems I see with it.

First, it really IS small. Normally, I’d actually be okay with that. But in this case, there are things you can buy that work in this zone, and ONLY in this zone. The zone’s size limits the number of events you can find, and the number of uses you’ll get out of things like the gliding skills. It makes the cost of the skills seem somewhat unfair.

Second is the enemies. Look, if you dose someone with radiation, they might get super powers (in a comic book), but they’re far more likely to get sick and die. That’s what should be happening here, with those blasted and changed by the magic. It’s even stated that they need to keep one step ahead of the problem, or they’ll die. And yet, they’re really not on death’s door. They’re strong, far stronger than they should be. We, the hero, should be stronger than them. They, the sick and dying, should be fighting with desperation, not just acting like extra strong versions of normal NPCs. Also, those thrown rocks…. seriously, guys.

Finally, this is a zone where you have to spend a lot of time preparing to have fun. Now, a lot of players have done that work back in main HoT. They’ve got all or most of the gliding unlocked, and they’re good to go here. But anyone that hasn’t done that yet is going to be at a SERIOUS disadvantage in this zone. They may be able to complete it, but a lot of the fun mechanics of flying in the zone will be missing for them. Lacking just Ley Line gliding is enough to take some of the fun out of it, imagine trying it without updrafts. And yet, it’s supposed to be friendly to those that haven’t finished HoT yet, and may have only the bare basics of gliding to work with. Those people will have to spend a lot of time preparing to have fun instead of just having fun here.

Now, I should point out that the last point I made is somewhat addressed by the zone itself. You can save up and buy boosts to your EXP gain in this zone, adding up to a nice 30% boost. And that’s sure to help people earn those gliding masteries. However, the boosts themselves are a bit expensive, and for someone lacking full gliding, it’s going to be a tough grind to earn them all. And when you take into consideration my first point, you can see that it will indeed become a grind. The second point gets worse as well, because they’ll be locked out of several of the gliding combat skills you can buy to help you to survive in the zone.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Arvizal.8436

Arvizal.8436

I would just like to know (respectfully) why you guys think Thieves are in a state to be nerfed instead of HEAVILY buffed.

I understand the thief subforum is Salt City but to be honest there is good reason. It’s incredibly difficult to get in to a raid group, and when we do, we are outdone by most people, if not all. In PvP, it’s stupid to run anything outside of Dagger/Pistol anymore and that makes me sad. I honestly really don’t see how Thieves are in a position to get nerfed at all? The buffs I was waiting for these last months were nowhere to be found, and I don’t think us Thief mains can enjoy any content that is team driven for much much longer if we don’t get a buff asap :/

Here’s hoping!

Thief main since launch! – Ded Pixel – Maguuma – [SAS]

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

Big thumbs up for the new content and story line. It’s very promising! ^^

A query about this change though; “Added back the ability to receive Spirit Shards once all the Masteries in a given region (Central Tyria or the Heart of Maguuma) have been earned. Players will continue to earn experience, and with every 254,000 experience points gained, players will earn a handful of Spirit Shards, which are useful to spend in the Mystic Forge or with the Mystic Forge attendant Miyani.”

Would it be possible to change it so that it only takes into account all unlocked Masteries?
I am not in a raiding guild, and because of that have not killed a raid boss, and thus have not been able to unlock (and let alone max out) the Forsaken Thicket mastery line.. This means that any experience I earn in HoT is still completely wasted since I haven’t maxed out all HoT Masteries.

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I didn’t have any time to play the new content or LS although I’ve seen some of it while a friend played it. I do like the many QoL changes and I’d like to comment on some of the balance changes.

In general, I like most of the changes. Many people might be agitated and feel their main class has not been treated well right after a patch but I feel that the overall changes were reasonable.

My three favourite balance changes…

• Guardian Symbols. I have been waiting for this for soooo long.
  • Thief Venoms becomming group utilities
  • Rending Shade being added

Honorable mention: Better condition removal for Mesmers outside of Inspiration.

However, yet again, I feel that there isn’t enough class balance for it just occuring every 3-4 months. It’s not enough to significantly shake up the meta (… removing certain amulets potentially having a bigger impact). It does not keep me interested in crafting new builds. It’s not enough.

We have a plethora of issues remaining across all classes. And the new patch introduced even more. Two specific thoughts I had about Thieves:

• Does Venoms still make sense to being in Shadow Arts? Did it make sense putting Venom traits in this traitline to begin with?
  • Is Rending Shade strong enough for a GM considering the frequency of boon application?

Many things could be said about other classes but I guess it is more reasonable to look at respective threads in the respective class forum. One thing I don’t get into my head though: Why the underperforming Revenant Legends (namely Jalis, Ventari and Mallyx) and the corresponding traitlines didn’t get more attention. This should have been a given for this patch.

So, overall a great patch quality-wise and what I’ve seen from the story looks great. But the quantity of changes regarding class balance leaves a lot to be desired.

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I wish we could use those glider combat skills in other zones, heh, maybe later, like gliding in central Tyria. Have to test to make sure it won’t break things first.

But yeah, the Rock Throwing.. can the range be toned down on that or make it not work if you’re stealth gliding?

On a related note, White Mantle Knights have a ridiculously long aggro range. Could that be tuned down to be more in line with what we’re used to for aggro ranges?

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Nitrobacter.7530

Nitrobacter.7530

i have just a little tweak in mind for the salvage all option: prioritize single items over stacks… when i have stacked junk items in the invetory it almost ever trys to salvage them first but when my inv is full there is just no room to do so while there would be room if it starts to salvage single pieces of equip…

Posted by: Kazeshini.8210

Kazeshini.8210

> Please create more armor pieces with Marvelous Design
> More emotes
> Bring out the paper bag helm

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Now that I played through the entirety of the content, here’s my two cents.

PvE— I’m enjoying the story, although it’s short. I wish you’d all release a couple more chapters. I love Bloodstone Fen, it’s an interesting touch with the floating islands and it’s fun to explore. The new aerial combat skills are excellent! I love just lasering mobs before I even hit the ground! I love the new fractal. The fractals changes to agony, swamp and snowblind are much welcome.

PvP— Terrible. You guys need to change your philosophy on balancing this game mode. Deleting clerics amulet was a terrible decision. That kind of abrupt change just imbalances and breaks PvP even further. Also, PvP balance needs to be for PvP only. You all need to separate skill and balance between the 3 game modes. This is so PvE, WvW and PvP guys don’t get hurt by the changes.

WvW— While I enjoy WvW more than PvP, again, I have to say, world linking doesn’t work. Cannons and Repair hammers won’t work. These are not going to correct the server matchup and population imbalance in this game. You all need to look at your scoring system. I just don’t think glicko works in this game, it’s been shown by a lot of players, that it creates more unbalanced matches.

Overall, PvE is good as always. PvP is not good lol! Definitely the weakest link as usual.

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

My feedback was stated. I’ll give you some feedback for these threads in particular, though, Gaile.

Add separate rules for feedback threads. Seeing a number of critical posts from the thread being deleted and users banned from no IP’s (like mine) that offer suggestions on where to improve, despite having some good things to say about the release (such that the feedback is genuine and not just rage-induced hate), defeats the purpose of feedback. If it’s all positive, the major blunders of what was done will be ignored or lose precedence, and you’ll be down on players in the end because those upset will have no voice, and will get up and leave.

The absolute, undeniable, and frankly rather astonishing ignorance and ineptitude represented by some of the profession balance changes need to be addressed, and quite frankly, need to be addressed sooner than 4 months. Several changes are game-breaking, and there has been no response to any of them.

I’ve never been more disappointed in a patch before, even in HoT, because at least in HoT, there was a sense and accomplishment through feedback of changing some of the incoming would-be tragedies.

Posted by: MrJ.8142

MrJ.8142

honest feedback from me.

1. I am very happy with the new map, it is brilliant setting imo.
2. Battle while gliding, why not make it on every map?
3. I get my high hope on new elite specialization but looks like it’s not yet come out. Pretty disappointed on this T,T
4. QoL improvement is great, thanks for making everything easier.
5. Lastly, if can, please make dual pistol elementalist / mesmer and give it magicslinger or whatever you can think of. It is pretty cool i think, casting magic from guns. This is my honest highest hope from you Anet.

ty~

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I’m ever hopeful glider battle skills will eventually extend to other maps, as gliding itself did. Maybe.. no, actually, that idea is better suited to another thread. I’ll just finish this by adding I’m also enjoying the new map. Some may call it Mario-esque but I quite like the flying around, collecting blue glowing energy balls and riding the ley lines and updrafts. This map satisfies a glider enthusiast’s need.

Posted by: RforL.1974

RforL.1974

This patch was by far the most rewarding patch there has been since Season 2 of the Living world. The story and new map is eye capturing. It is far better than Season 2’s opening and the Dry Top map. It’s actually also better than half of the story content in the HoT expansion.

Regarding to fractals, it’s was a good start. The new Chaos fractal is both easy but not to hard and has a nice story to it. At a tier 3 level it very wells seems achievable. However, the new Swamplands revamp almost seems impossible at a tier 4 level. Literally my group spent 3 hours just trying to kill Bloomhunger. And this was with no reset. And it’s so boring! I personally think the Running around constantly getting the ghost stacks off would majorly fix this problem. Other than that you’ll finish that fractal and not feel bothered with the other 2 fractal dailies. However the Mossman fight was good and doesn’t seem too hard nor too easy. I haven’t had the chance to play Snowblind at a Tier 4 level but from the smaller levels it seems easy enough to complete without it being too easy or too much.

I enjoy the new PvP map aswell. It seems very well balance. I also liked the addition of multi-salvaging. Comes in super handy when doing Silverwastes and I also enjoyed the new balanced changes.

Overall I think this patch update was near spot on. The only thing I’m not happy about is the Swamp revamp. Maybe it’s just because I suck. I really hope someone else feels my pain with the swamp fractal.

Posted by: DragoTheWise.7256

DragoTheWise.7256

While I can’t give back much in the way of PvP/WvW, as I don’t play those modes often enough, I will give back my thoughts concerning PvE and just general stuff.

New Fractal- I felt like it had nice mesh of all the fractals in a fun and chaotic way. I’ve only gotten the chance to play it once through, so I hope to see how it is on a higher difficulty the next go through (played a lvl 30 first go). I’m looking forward to what story you have in store going forward for fractals. I do hope the final boss is a bit harder on higher levels as he felt very easy. I haven’t had much of a change to test out the other fractal changes; however, the changes to Cliffside seemed to be good, and the increased pacing of the drill and the NPC’s in the Molten fractal is great to have!

LS3- As someone who played GW1 and has played through all the Raid content, I found this small start of our story really enjoyable. I think it is safe to assume that this slower start was necessary for not only the Commander character, but for folks who haven’t seen much of the Raid story. I’m hoping that the next episodes will be able to move forward more so now that we got through some lore. The gameplay portion of the new story was fun though I hope for some more challenging fights in the future (For starting a new season, the fights were at a good level of difficulty)! I did find it odd that there wasn’t some segment between LS3 and HoT. HoT ended kinda abruptly and I’m not sure where the Commander character ended up afterward. It’s this odd hole that bothers me a bit. I really liked we got to use masteries in the story and in the new map. I like how the mastery applies well with the particular map as it shows a character adjusting to the particular surroundings instead of a generic ability. The map is pretty fun and the loot is pretty good. I like the “open world” VG boss that was put in.

General—-
QoL changes were really nice. From the pet names staying static to having the awesome salvage all option, they were good across the board. I do hope that QoL changes continue to be a regular part of these patches. The more general fixes (like the characters getting stuck after X fix, geeze that was so annoying) were a welcome sight.

As an officer of a guild, it was nice to see Anthems finally introduced to the game. We’ll be having a poll soon to see what anthem we will make our own. The Monuments upgrade is nice too. It will allow us to make some fun games within the guild hall. The best part is definitely the increase to the decoration cap and the fixes/improvements to the decoration skill bar ! This will help us a lot!

I was surprised with the inclusion of new emotes. I’m enjoying them (my fav is /crossarms ) and hope to see others in the future. You folks have great animation quality and I hope to see more of it in the future. More emotes!

Balance changes—-
I won’t go into too much detail and will just focus on the Engi portion), but overall I’m somewhat neutral on the outcome of the changes. I will say that seeing splits occur on skills between PvP and PvE is a good step in the right direction; however, some skills didn’t get the treatment without much explanation Some stuff was done for the better… some others not so much. The changes has spurred a conversation in the Engi forums and I think we need to start ramping up the evaluations on the Engi profession and the Elite spec. We are still a very selfish profession when it comes to party/raid contributions. Any sort of boon/support giving we do is shadowed by other professions who can do way better while doing a decent amount of DPS. While the nice buff to the Viper Engi was nice, I think we need to start looking at other parts of the Engi that have been neglected for too long and bugs that have been sitting around that need to be fixed
Examples- Gyro AI needs to be cleaned up, Turrets need to be reevaluated as the previous nerf on them, imo, was too harsh and the usefulness of turrets is at an all time low (they still do very little damage, and AOE’s in PvP/roaming just gobble them up too quickly for such long CD’s). Gadgets need to be tweaked to have a bit more impact and I would personally like to see the Gadgeteer trait at least have the 20% reduction at all times, not just on the annoying 5 stacks required to use it. Traits like Medical Dispersion Field have bugs or need to be reevaluated in terms of actual usefulness. Some scrapper skills like the Shredder Gyro still has to produce an actual good use… not necessarily a bad concept, but the usefulness and impact just isn’t great. I do hope you’ll listen close to the community on how we can expand the profession while keeping it’s core focus intact and making the profession something people want to bring instead of something that is OK… And hopefully within a good timeframe unlike what happened with the Mortar.

Thanks for the work you put into this patch and I look forward to the next one.

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

This patch didn’t feel like a quarterly update. It felt like a QoL update. I feel mostly postive about the patch despite some of my negative criticisms below.Almost everything I feel positive about this patch was QoL or a bugfix. That said here is my critique of things.

Living Story 8/10

LS3 Was really good and well done. The art and story telling was amazing. However, it does fall short in the amount of content it brought as a whole. It is really not enough for people to do for 3 months. I was expected to be entertained for at least a week, not a few hours by the story. It feels no longer than some of the LS2 episodes, but from my understanding was supposed to be much larger. I do think I will run around the map a lot though, as it is fun to navigate and visually interesting.

WvW 1/10

Was expecting the scoring changes that we voted on two months ago to come this quarter. Utterly disappointed in this sense. As a whole WvW feels the same always. The mode still has all the same issues it always has. Skill lag and desync has been a lot worse since the patch. I am constantly seeing yaks under ground, or ghosting behind where they actually physically are. Downed players seem to glitch out and continue moving as well. That’s completely ignoring class balance around the mode.

PvP 6/10

Have not tried the new map, so I cannot comment. I am really glad ranked is back for off season.PvP still has the same problems: there is too much passive defense going around, there is still to much aoe going around, there is still to much cc going around.

I still think the whole split balance and deleting amulets are both wrong directions. Both effectively pigeon hole build diversity.l like to think that pvp needs to be opened up to an amulet + armor system for stats to increase build diversity.

Additionally another issue is the stat pool. PvP has issues of having low stats, so any kind of class that has % scaling gets shafted. It also makes the dependency on boons much higher because they scale naturally instead of at a reduced rate. I really want to see stat pools normalized across game modes so that skills stop being band-aided or destroyed for other game modes.

Class balance 4/10 (I should really label this communication)

I do not feel the changes were on point this patch, many issues that needed to be addressed were left untouched, while non issues were absolutely gutted.

I really wish anet would take the time and talk with players about what their thoughts are on the classes are. Many people view a lot of the changes as you guys threw darts at a board and we got what was landed on. A lot of other games take the time to make video discussing point by point some of the major changes and why they were done. When that’s done, I can still disagree with changes, but at least I can understand why those changes happened.

In relation to the lack of explanation, I am becoming increasingly frustrated when class forums. I have seen many interesting constructive threads about classes shortcomings and overturned points to have nothing come of it except bug fixes. I do not feel that arena net is actively engaged with it’s player base or understands what it’s bases frustrations are. Which in turn is causing a lot of people to become apathetic and cynical on the forums. Neither of which are good for communication or postive feedback.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

Posted by: Lyndina.7984

Lyndina.7984

All in All it is…meeh. We waited one year for a 2 h our long chapter, which is good. A little short but good. The new map…meehh….fun for 3-4 days then its an drag. Theres nothing to grind 4 except minipets,which…you know…are kind of useless. No new Armor Sets,no new weapons, nothing to do. And now it takes 2 or 3 months for the next part, nothing to do so log in for daily rewards and maybe Fraktals and then play some other games. If you want to hold youre Playerbase somethings got to change, A-net. Make some Black-Lion Costumsets or something obtainable ingame! Give us something to do to make it to the next content patch. All i know for sure is that i dont buy any gems for your shop, not for the content drought hat went for the last year…and now it continues for the next 3 months.

Posted by: Okamikazi.8652

Okamikazi.8652

Really liked the Season 3 episode. Best of all are the new enemies, they are so active now, more than just dps sponges. The speed of the triple ghost dual blades in Caiths story took me by surprise and I questioned whether i was playing an action game than an mmo. Awesome please make more enemies like this.

This is my favorite episode, just enough mystery and reveals to make me want more. Taimi is now my favorite character in the game. Small details like the charred silhouettes on the wall were great too. The new gliding skills are fun I hope we can use them in other maps in the future.

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

I really enjoy this patch. Especially:

- salvage-kits change, because it saves so much time and clicking
- new emotes (please more in the future)
- LS3 storyline. I already had hours of dicsuission about the lore. Although I never played GW1, I do a lot of research about it to understand what happens in the LS3. It feels like a really good book which you cannot stop reading. Awesome job, looking forward to the next episodes.
- LS3 achievements so far. It is only one map and only one chapter atm, but I enjoy the difficulty. During LS2, especially after the first episode, I totally lost interest in the achievements. They were too grindy for me, and some felt so hard or used strange mechanics, or required you to do a mission in 3x the regular time … etc. – that might be challenging at some point, but I would not call it a fun experience. The LS3 achievements however are easy to do, without too much grinding or superior gameplay required. Maybe too easy for the hardcore players, but I like them this way more.
- the 11th skill. I added it to my mouse-wheel, where it works perfect. When I completed the LS3 in Bloodstone fen, there was one color I could not see for an hour -
red. A little too much for my taste, but the mechanics with the new skill are awesome.

+ After completing the new mastery, I re-visited the bandit events in Tyria with a couple of friends again. We like the challenge with the executioners and enjoyed the fights since they were added. Once one of my team-mates was down, I came to res and this deadly aoe with the sword from the sky appeared. Out of the sudden, my 11th skill flashed up. I pressed it and it was one of the most epic moments I ever had in this game. My character literally raised his right arm to the sky, caught the blade single-handed, this way he blocked the lethal attack at once. Then I had a sword in my hands, which I could throw at any enemy I wanted. After I told my friends, they did not beleive me at first. After they saw it as well, there was nothing to hold us. We literally ran into every aoe we found, used the skill and fought the boss mostly with his own blades. That aoe is evil, it makes these bosses a real challenge imho. And now we have the option to block it in a way which is just EPIC. We did a lof of bandit fights after that, especially with executioners. Thank you very very much for this new function and please, add more of these in the future ^^.

- Fractals. Although I’m not a fractal farmer, the changes, especially with the infusion changed a lot and made things so much easier.

I could add more and more. The only issue which was not that good, were the buged guild-missions. But as this happens after every bigger update, we were kinda warned from the past and predicted that issue. It was challenging at one point, but not much of a dissappointment. To be honest, the fact that we had the odds against us, motivated our members and we managed to do a guildpuzzle with the group, which we thought was impossible with our guild. So … thanks for the bugged guildmissions ^^.

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Kind of a mixed bag. I’ll start with the cons so I can end on a high note.

CONS
- The Recycled Assets Fractal is tedious to play through.
- The elementals trait change is awful, it makes the class feel sluggish and less enjoyable.
- Too much talk and not enough action at the start of the LS episode. I got bored and quit.
- The new area feels like another event grind map. I’d like another map with hearts and stuff to mess around with like the Asuran starting zone was before it was gutted.
- Ranger axe 1 skill change is awful, can’t see why it would be done except to make short bow look as bad as it does (didn’t work).
- Guardian scepter 1 range reduction to 900 was unnecessary. Range 900 is awful (see Ranger short bow above).

PROS
- Change to infusions worked out well for me. Went from 80 AR to 150 AR without spending much.
- Ranger pet changes were nice.
- Minor warrior buffs are nice too.
- Happy to have some toys back in WvW, a lot of people I’m playing with are having fun with them.
- Salvaging change is great QoL
- More e-motes are always welcome

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Kind of a mixed bag. I’ll start with the cons so I can end on a high note.

CONS
- The Recycled Assets Fractal is tedious to play through.
- The elementals trait change is awful, it makes the class feel sluggish and less enjoyable.
- Too much talk and not enough action at the start of the LS episode. I got bored and quit.
- The new area feels like another event grind map. I’d like another map with hearts and stuff to mess around with like the Asuran starting zone was before it was gutted.
- Ranger axe 1 skill change is awful, can’t see why it would be done except to make short bow not look as bad as it does (didn’t work).
- Guardian scepter 1 range reduction to 900 was unnecessary. Range 900 is awful (see Ranger short bow above).

PROS
- Change to infusions worked out well for me. Went from 80 AR to 150 AR without spending much.
- Ranger pet changes were nice.
- Minor warrior buffs are nice too.
- Happy to have some toys back in WvW, a lot of people I’m playing with are having fun with them.
- Salvaging change is great QoL
- More e-motes are always welcome

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

This is what, the 3rd time in this thread you’ve hated on the hairstyles? Plus, there are two or three other threads you’ve created posts for in the last day saying just as much… Plus starting your own thread on the topic.

You’ve more than made your point about your feelings. At this point you’re just trolling.

~EW

I’m glad I have a fan who watches my posts

~Chas

How about some decent balancing for ele? They’re fun as far as skirmishing goes, but they don’t stand a chance for ranked- I’ve won 4 out of 19(or 21 I lost count) ranked matches with my ele, I hop on my Druid and it’s a breeze because now Druid is your new ele but with a pet

(edited by Chasind.3128)

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Changes to engineer are very lackluster.
The nerf to hammer was needed, but hammer is feeling a bit clunky.
Rocket charge: remove the extra jump, increase dmg and distance of the 2 remaining jumps by 20% (net 10% dmg gain) or even better: – decrease the two first jumps dmg by 10%, increase the last jump dmg by 15% and make it a blast finisher (%5 dmg loss, jump, jump, blast finisher)

The CD reduction to AED was nice, but it is still lackluster. It needs to remove conditions even if not taking lethal dmg or something.
Gadgets in general need some love. They could be the engineer version of signets, as it fits thematically (googles give passive ferocity, ram gives power, AED clear one condi every 10s, slick shoes increase endurance regen, rocket boots gives 25% speed, mine gives 33% chance to trigger an explosion on attacks)

Riffle needs a CD reduction and dmg boost, autto attack needs a better RoF too.

The engi needs a way to be more rewarded for its complex rotations. A better interaction with combo fields and finishers. Just like the elementalists have more boons on fire field blasts (and engi could have the healing on blast finishers). Thermobaric detonation could give extra effects on combos, like blast finishers on combo fields trigger also a projectile finisher combo on each enemy hit (so enemies hit by the blast take extra burning on a fire field, chill on a ice field, poison on a poison field, and so on…) This would reward the complexity of engi a bit more with extra effects for its blast finishers…

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

-snip-

In relation to the lack of explanation, I am becoming increasingly frustrated when class forums. I have seen many interesting constructive threads about classes shortcomings and overturned points to have nothing come of it except bug fixes. I do not feel that arena net is actively engaged with it’s player base or understands what it’s bases frustrations are. Which in turn is causing a lot of people to become apathetic and cynical on the forums. Neither of which are good for communication or postive feedback.

QFT, this is a gem.

After playing every GW expansion, and GW2 since release, I feel like the franchise is being run into the ground. I enjoy the story still, but after a year of almost no content and this little tidbit of a LS patch on top of the terrible state of PvP, I’m hanging up the towel.

After 3 seasons of PvP and “Balance” changes, I have no faith PvP will ever get back to a similar state to before HoT dropped. I’m very sad to see so much community activity being ignored over and over in terms of suggestions and ideas.

Enjoy your gemstore updates people~

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Infusions

• The infusions system got whole lot more complicated from WvW point of view
  • Turned WvW into pay-to-win by locking extra 20 combat stats on rings behind expansion purchase
  • WvW players are now required to grind Fractals for weeks for the best-in-slot rings/backpack
  • There is no WvW enrichments in the game
  • WvW Laurel Merchant sells duplicate stat amulets
  • WvW Laurel Merchant sold duplicate stats rings and accessories are needlessly branded unique
Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Posted by: eNeRgOo.5463

eNeRgOo.5463

+Emotes
+Salvage them all
+Canach Outfit
+Changeable stats in Bloodstone accessories
_________
- Smallest map in the game
- Short and not satisfying story (because it’s too late for that bit of content). I enjoyed it but after year it just feels not enough, sorry.
- Hair is next middle finger towards players. Are you lazy? There is thread with players hair and face visions, did you ever check it? Sylvari got the most ugly ones. Oh, and charrs got ridiculous ones. Asura is imo okay while human and norn is facepalm as hell. Another big wait for next ones to be disappointed?
- Nerf
- Grind
- No armors
- Gemshop items forever, let’s milk gems from people.

Keep it that way and I am not seeing a good future for Guild Wars 2 anymore…Im playing since launch

Posted by: Annika.7084

Annika.7084

• I would like to see a new map that is not either completely destroyed or has death waiting around every corner. I mean it’s great and all, but it gets old after a while. Please make a map with civilizations, settlements, cities and temples that are still in tact, working as intended and with characters that live there. I’m sure you can still come up with nice stories surrounding it, and it’s much more satisfying to protect stuff that is still standing instead of ruins and burning camps. Also event stories can be much more political and/or personal in nature if it’s not this constant disaster prevention.

So much this.

From Orr and up to Bloodstone Fen all we’ve seen are maps made up of rubble looking like 1944 Dresden. With an ever increasing number of mobs camping out nodes and other important places. Mobs with ever increasing abilities to spam stun, daze, blind, immobolize, cripple, knockback, evade and immune to most our skills with little to no appearent cooldowns on their side. Periodically their aggro-radius has also been growing without any patchnotes regarding this. Yes, it gets old…

It seems to me devs got tunnel vision at some point, unable to look outside the lane and come up with any of the ideas Shrugal mentioned in the quoted paragraph.

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

So I’ve played through most of the patch. I’ve yet to try the new/old pvp map.

new map:
Interesting enough. Not huge but I never expected a huge map with an LS episode.
Quality seems to be there, if its cheaply designed.
Story:
A bit short. typical for an LS episode – but would have previously been a 2 week release schedule. For 2 months – a bit too short really.
Quality seems to be there at least.

Revamped swamp:
Only tried at t4.
Boring snoozefest.
This is just another “stack necros, spam minions + auto”.
The fight is indeed much more mechanical, requiring all players to actually pay attention to the boss ( I have a personal gripe with players who would do dungeons/fotm while watching tv..).

Definitely more a general complaint to fractals though: would be way more interesting, and much more “raid-like” if you didn’t have boon thieves making it counterproductive to bring most classes, it would be an engaging fight. Currently there is little point using melee classes, because without the various boons, its just not worth it to rush in for a melee burst – then move bloom to the next green circle. Result: necro scepter pewpew.

Chaos fractal:
The leading up to the final boss was mildly interesting.

The final boss is another absolute snore fest. Similar complaints to bloom. Not worth it to attempt to melee burst, so you get a very boring and slow auto attack pew pew fight with some side stepping involved.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment