(Feedback) Tired of Bulging armor/outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

It has always bothered me that 99% of gw2 leggings/coats/dangly sashes, bulge out into either a balloon or stick out in front of you, or back of you, or both. Why is that?

I’ve never complained about it till now in hope things would change. In fact, I’ve bought many of these items due to lack of other choices and i also wanted to support the game as much as i can, but in truth, I much prefer a more slick look where your gear hugs and follows the contour of your character’s body. Not the gear that defines/changes my character’s body shape, where in most cases, it makes them bulky waist down, especially Norns.

I know you can create the gear in my preferred style, for eg: Kasmeer’s feathered armor, lich outfit and now Reverent armor set and to some extent carapace armor, yet, you still keep making these strange bulging designs, that have weird dynamics and look just as weird on my characters.

Perfect example of what i’m talking about, is the new Dwyna outfit. On humanoid characters, the pointed front of the skirt sticks out so much it’s put me off buying it. Not only does it stick out, but it’s as stiff as a board when moving. Yet on my Asura and Charr, the skirt actually hugs the body much better, at least in the preview window.

I’m not sure if you’re following some era trend/design, but i wish you would change it to more slinky style, or at least mix it a bit more. If not, i think i’m done with outfits/skins coz honestly, i’ve come to a realization they all kinda look the same.

Does anyone else feel this way? Would u rather have slinky gear or the way it is? Share your thoughts.

Posted by: Emergencee.8259

Emergencee.8259

I’d be super happy with at least the male armor slimming down a bit. On my one female character, I can make most things work fairly easily, but my male mesmer’s stuck with fabulous hips from his poofy mandresses and my thief’s carrying enough excess fabric around his middle to open a JoAnn’s. As is, they look good, but they could definitely look better.

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

Yeah I don’t like it either but I assume they make them that way to minimize clipping when running or something (clipping has never bothered me much though).

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

The Rubicon outfit makes my Human Ranger look pregnant. It is really bulgy and not very flattering. I’ve given up trying to find a nice Warrior armor as I look like a walking tin of tuna. I know they need protection but even Robocop never looked that bad!

Anx

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I cannot agree more. I am getting really put off by the odd “material” they’re using to make these clothes/armors. I mean really, does nothing “fall” against the body? Like, NOTHING? I’m pretty tired of seeing huge clipping issues and large looking butts due to tent-like armors. But you know, I am voting with my wallet. I think that’s one reason I love, love, love the Carapace armor (heavy). It looks amazing, and doesn’t have the need to stick out all over the place. Please, I beg you, make some less poofy tent-like stiff plasticy armors/outfits.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

My Sylvari Mesmer started out with a nice, normal body size. So did my female Norns. After trying to find armor that didn’t make their hips XXL, I gave up and made them as skinny as possible. The armor fits now, but I had to chose a body size that I didn’t like for it to do so.

Yah. It’s annoying that armor “poofs” out so far on them.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

anx.7549

I’ve been trying to make a Necro Human Female but I am put off by the armor styles available. I either dress like a kittening kitten from a bondage movie or its MC Hammer style pants and weird kitten jacket. And I made a Female Human Ranger, had to make her a size zero to get the armor to not look bulky but her legs are so skinny I’m amazed she can run!

Anx

Tiger Ashante.1792

I’ve been trying to make a Necro Human Female but I am put off by the armor styles available. I either dress like a kittening kitten from a bondage movie or its MC Hammer style pants and weird kitten jacket. And I made a Female Human Ranger, had to make her a size zero to get the armor to not look bulky but her legs are so skinny I’m amazed she can run!

Haha, that made me chuckle, but yea i know exactly what u mean.

I mean i look at Eir and the medium t3 Norn cultural armor which has that same bulging out effect form the waist down. I haven’t bothered getting it because of that. It’s an expensive armor that i would never wear. Imo, that shape makes it look terrible and completely spoils an otherwise awesome armor set. The issue i have, is that was the style at launch, almost 3 years ago, yet today, we’re still getting the same styles and and those bulging designs.

I’m sure Tyria is a progressive kind of a nation and can accept a new fashion style, something more slinky to suit our beautiful characters. It’s about time too, i think.

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

I’m all for more form-fitting armor and clothes. Really sick of weird puffy leggings on male characters, giant floating shoulder pads, and don’t get me started on those butt tents, ugh.

Posted by: Geneaux.9547

Geneaux.9547

Not to mention the rubberbanding effects nearly all the non-metal portions of armors in the game have. Meanwhile, Grasping Dead Legguards remain among the few armor pieces with decent cloth animations and effects.

“Man this jungle in the expansion better look so good it gives me flashbacks to Nam.”
Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Knights of Ares [ARES]

anx.7549

I suppose it explains usage of the crafting materials. No wonder we use so many bolts of silk or insert other crafting item here! Have you seen the overlaying of material in some of the clothes?? So many kittening layers! And while I am sure layering was all the rage back then in Tyria, how about some simple skirts, or legging….none of this tents with legs please!

Anx

Tiger Ashante.1792

I suppose it explains usage of the crafting materials. No wonder we use so many bolts of silk or insert other crafting item here! Have you seen the overlaying of material in some of the clothes?? So many kittening layers! And while I am sure layering was all the rage back then in Tyria, how about some simple skirts, or legging….none of this tents with legs please!

Don’t get me wrong, i love lots of the armor styles in gw2, i even like long coats. The details in a lot of armor pces are amazing like for eg ascended and carapace armors. The work that has gone into them must be huge, yet the actual design execution in many of them is kinda meh, including ascended.

Here’s hoping, when HoT comes out, we also get some new fresh designs and styles for the fashion lovers in gw2. Keeps fingers crossed.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

totally agree with all this post.
whenever i try to dress my norn there is nothing i can think of that make look like he is not fat, and i chose the skinniest of them all.
also pouldrons on norns look so huge it is embarassing.

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Tiger Ashante.1792

totally agree with all this post.
whenever i try to dress my norn there is nothing i can think of that make look like he is not fat, and i chose the skinniest of them all.
also pouldrons on norns look so huge it is embarassing.

I avoid wearing pauldrons on most of my chars, esp Norns lol. Thank god u can at least hide them on armor, not outfits ofc, but if i don’t like them enough on an outfit i don’t buy it.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Yeah .. for light armor there are only emroidered pants, for heavy only aetherblade pants
and for medium there is not much beside krytan top, if you don’t want to have some
sort of buttcape or trenchcoat.

Please more of something like this :

Attachments:

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

Still hoping for some slinky dresses and armor that looks great on humans but isn’t then stretched funny to fit on the norn models.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

It’s the absolute worst on a Charr. Anything that goes below the waist just expands.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632