Feeding Hungry Cats

Feeding Hungry Cats

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Alas, I have neither the Grumble Cake for the Necromancer, nor the soup for the Guardian.

Some day…

There are thousands of grumble cakes on the TP – last I looked they were 40 copper but folk were bidding no where near that amount. The soup recipe can be gotten if you have high enough WvW Provisions Master to open up those on the Heroics Notary. Of course you have to have a chef able to make it as well. Bowl of Curry Mussel soup is account bound as well….

(edited by Aerinndis.2730)

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have the Portable Provisions Master, a Chef at 400, and I could purchase recipes from the Heroics Notary, if I had enough currency.

I didn’t know the cakes were on the TP; when I was in the midst of ‘feeding’ all the new cats my TP/browser borked.

Thanks for the tip. =)

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

With libertreats and justfish for all!

lol

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

A couple of cats plus 9 you mean?

9 new fantastic cats have appeared!

Oh kitten me!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cat#Hungry_cats

Seems the wiki finally has a section for it.

I don’t have a mesmer, thief, or necromancer, but I do have over 300 tomes of knowledge. Though it will be a loooong walk to the cats for them when I get around to it. Not just a long walk, but I’ll need to get decent gear from the TP ‘cause I’ll have to do things on them to get the items needed, such as the soulbound Harpy Feathers for the thief to give to a cat, which requires you to buy them from a merchant after an event is completed.

When I eventually get all that done, I’ll go to Bloodstone Fen or Ember Bay and let out a few screams to vent my frustrations.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

A couple of cats plus 9 you mean?

9 new fantastic cats have appeared!

Oh kitten me!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cat#Hungry_cats

Seems the wiki finally has a section for it.

I don’t have a mesmer, thief, or necromancer, but I do have over 300 tomes of knowledge. Though it will be a loooong walk to the cats for them when I get around to it. Not just a long walk, but I’ll need to get decent gear from the TP ‘cause I’ll have to do things on them to get the items needed, such as the soulbound Harpy Feathers for the thief to give to a cat, which requires you to buy them from a merchant after an event is completed.

When I eventually get all that done, I’ll go to Bloodstone Fen or Ember Bay and let out a few screams to vent my frustrations.

all of the new cats are at the starting point. So just make char with the corresponding race.

but the thief and ranger’s items do need some walking.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Feeding Hungry Cats

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I am pleased to announce my new cat fight has 8 (of the 9) participants (plus one frightened frog). It’s hilarious. Lol.

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Are the cats in your home instance directly related to the ones you fed? Or better put, do I get a cat in my home for each fed cat outside in the wild? I seem to have 3 oranges, a gray, 2 blacks playing snowball and had a kitten (haven’t seen it recently).

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Feeding Hungry Cats

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I believe so. I fed 8 of the 9 newest ones, and I have 8 new cats participating in a cat fight (along with one hitch-hiking frog…lol).

The kitten(s) come from the two original cats/kittens found in The Grove. One fed in the day, one at night. If you only fed one of the two, you will only see a kitten in your Home Instance during the corresponding day/night cycle.

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

I bought character slot and i’m going to make warrior and all of that for that cat.

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

All my new cats are fighting!

I suppose it’s to be expected, but still! My other cats still play with the snowball or generally ignore each other. Perhaps I need to start bringing food home for them?

I also vote for a title for acquiring all these felines. I propose "Catfinder General".

.EDIT: I just saw the poor juvenile frog hopping around the fighting cats. I suppose that may explain something. In RL, my own cat recently brought in 3 frogs in one week. Apparently, it’s great sport. :/

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

I wanna know if the cat that has the frog with it is in tribute to one of Gail’s cats??

:)

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Feeding Hungry Cats

KyreneZA.8617

It’s a Ranger/Druid cat, so it kinda fits. My Ranger has had a frog in her backpack ever since she discovered Bloodtide Coast.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: Neurion.4086

Neurion.4086

It was the day before yesterday I fed Thief, Ele, Ranger and Mesmer cats, and yesterday I created a Necro for that purpose. Still. No one of the new profession specific kitties has appeared in Divinity’s Reach home instance yet. Is this normal? How long should I wait for Their Majesties to show up?

Feeding Hungry Cats

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Have you tried a different Home Instance to see if the fighting black cats are present? I use The Grove, and they, and the frog, are there. I only have 8 of the 9.

The DR Home Instance is large. Maybe they are just off in some odd place.

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: StAllerdyce.3941

StAllerdyce.3941

It took a bit over a day for the new cats to appear in my instance. In DR, they appear in the NW corner.

Feeding Hungry Cats

Neurion.4086

I’ve found them in Rata Sum, so now I have to find out their exact place in DR. At first I had thought they would be together with the other black cats, but I was totally wrong.
Many thanks for the help and suggestions, guys and galls.

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: fizzypetal.7936

fizzypetal.7936

I LOVE THIS! I collected all the cats today…my docile kitties are on the left side ground floor of the Nornian home instance…some at the front, a group of 4 middle back playing with a snowball. My ferocious fighting kitties along with a most unfortunate juvenile frog are on the 1st floor where the Ogre Cheiftain and his warhound Sourfang are. There should be a Crazy Cat Person title…this is just too fun!

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The soup one was a tad demoralizing as I realized I was spending 1/4 of my crystalline ore on a recipe I’d almost certainly never make again … but then I got all my kitties wrassling in DR (hint — go past the fountain and left under the foot-bridge overpass to find them) and it was so worth it.

This image seems appropriate:
https://pics.onsizzle.com/the-perfect-cat-lady-plan-take-pictures-ofevery-cat-i-4278018.png

Feeding Hungry Cats

Neurion.4086

@fizzypetal
I’ve finally found them in DR home instance. Lots of thanks for pinpointing the exact location!

Now, if only they could quit CvC for a while and play like normal cats do!

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Oy. I think I got them all now. I hope this will eventually lead to something nice.

My home instance is full of cats now. And today I had to clean up a dead bird. :P

There’s something charming about rangers.

Feeding Hungry Cats

Donari.5237

Reddit folks have spotted another cat source: Use your witch’s broom, summon the familiar, use special action to feed it. But what it wants to eat is still unknown. Since the black cats like ice cream I wonder if that will help narrow it down.

It’s not Candy Corn Ice Cream though, I just tried.

Feeding Hungry Cats

Ceridwen.6703

Reddit folks have spotted another cat source: Use your witch’s broom, summon the familiar, use special action to feed it. But what it wants to eat is still unknown. Since the black cats like ice cream I wonder if that will help narrow it down.

It’s not Candy Corn Ice Cream though, I just tried.

I’ve tried a few different Halloween foods, even the Feline Blessing sharpening skulls, chattering skulls, etc. Single uses of these didn’t seem to work. XD

Feeding Hungry Cats

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Whilst in the Labyrinth today, my Special Action skill appeared a few times. When mousing over it, it said something about feeding a cat. Very odd. I was a bit too busy killing mobs and Legendaries to really investigate.

Hopefully, it will appear again (if not some strange bug) and I can spend more time examining it.

Feeding Hungry Cats

Ceridwen.6703

The text for it is something along the lines of, "Communicate with this cat in a way you don’t quite understand."

Feeding Hungry Cats

Donari.5237

It’s not a bug, Cedo! It’s witch’s broom toy, skill 5 when not in Brawl. It makes an interactable feline familiar. Anyone with the broom can proc it at will.

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

It’s not a bug, Cedo! It’s witch’s broom toy, skill 5 when not in Brawl. It makes an interactable feline familiar. Anyone with the broom can proc it at will.

What about those without the witch’s broom toy? As in, I have it and can summon the familiar, can my friends interact with it? (At work right now so can’t check for myself just yet)

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

The text for it is something along the lines of, “Communicate with this cat in a way you don’t quite understand.”

That’s better than what I feared…. /ScootAcrossTheCarpet. o.O

~EW

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: Nep Leet.5491

Nep Leet.5491

What if it wanted a… Mini Candy Corn Skritt? o.O

You Live, You Learn
You Die, You Learn Faster

Feeding Hungry Cats

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yeah, I saw the Wiki was updated. I guess someone was riding a broom in the Laby. Lol.

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

Wants frog in a jar

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

I was so excited to be able to feed hungry cats but after feeding just one I am so bummed out it results in dead birds in my home instance. I was hype to feed all cats and now I wish I could undo the one I did feed because it depresses me to keep seeing dead birds.

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

I was so excited to be able to feed hungry cats but after feeding just one I am so bummed out it results in dead birds in my home instance. I was hype to feed all cats and now I wish I could undo the one I did feed because it depresses me to keep seeing dead birds.

Don’t be sad! It’s a gift from your feline friend. You fed him when he was hungry, he was just trying to repay the favor by bringing you a tasty snack.

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

And unlike in real life (where cats killing wildlife is a huge problem) Tyria’s birds respawn.

As soon as you clean it up it’ll go back to flying around outside…Ready to be caught again.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Feeding Hungry Cats

Ceridwen.6703

Wants frog in a jar

Indeed it does. I should’ve figured: my RL cat has favoured frogs this year. :/

Feeding Hungry Cats

KyreneZA.8617

Wants masterwork frog in a jar

FTFY

Recently returned to…

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Wants masterwork frog in a jar

FTFY

Fancy cat has standards.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Also, the home instance Feline Familiar will go to the Candy Corn node (if you have one) and rub itself on it, releasing pink hearts of love and happiness into the air. Too cute!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: Kunzaito.8169

Kunzaito.8169

Was the Revenant cat in HotM removed due to the Halloween redecoration? I can’t seem to find it based on the wiki screenshot…

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

Was the Revenant cat in HotM removed due to the Halloween redecoration? I can’t seem to find it based on the wiki screenshot…

It wasn’t there for me today either so perhaps the halloween version might have accidentally excluded the cat from the map? Either way I could not find one there.

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: Paralux.6714

Paralux.6714

Anyone know if there has been added new cats after the frozen ones?

m e s m e r <3

Feeding Hungry Cats

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes. Three new ones since ‘frozen’.

This page lists all cats as they are released (you can change the order at the top of the list to show ‘Date added’).

Good luck.

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

I won’t shell out for Scholar runes or Force sigils, but I will pay someone to carry a piranha to the bee dog cat in SAB after failing for hours. And I am considering buying character slots just to get the Thief and Engineer cats (I would have a complete collection at that point). I think I have a problem.

Feeding Hungry Cats

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

I won’t shell out for Scholar runes or Force sigils, but I will pay someone to carry a piranha to the bee dog cat in SAB after failing for hours. And I am considering buying character slots just to get the Thief and Engineer cats (I would have a complete collection at that point). I think I have a problem.

Protip; buy and/or keep 1 slot free/empty for class-related stuff like this:

• You can roll a temporary alt of one class, use it, delete it and re-roll it as another class.
  • Works for PvP dailies too since sPvP auto-80s every character.
  • You can run all the cities for trans-charges
  • Use it for a weekly keyrun