Feeling completely Left Behind

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mian.1945

Mian.1945

Welcome to gear grinds, gated content and raids. Like drug dealers, they clearly don’t care if they lose casual users because they believe the money is in the hardcore addicts. You’re a second-class citizen of Tyria, my friend, and they’re only going to get worse in their treatment of you.

By very definition the bleeding edge hardcore are not the bulk of the population. The vast sea of any MMO population (and hence money in subscriptions/gem stores etc) is in Joe Average. Pandering to hyper-elitists makes no sense monetarily.

In regards to the Fractal levels thing. I’m 840 hours played, working on my 4th L80 and all of them with full exotics. However because I was WvWing for most of the weekend I’ve only done L1 fractals (twice with different people). So even someone who plays like I do is being gated.

Posted by: Arsenal.2601

Arsenal.2601

Question: if someone were to run a number of fractals with a number of characters and lose count, where would the “fractal level” information be found, if anywhere?

“I’m always achieving greatness!”

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Question: if someone were to run a number of fractals with a number of characters and lose count, where would the “fractal level” information be found, if anywhere?

When you chose the level by stepping through the portal to Mistlock.

Posted by: Arsenal.2601

Arsenal.2601

When you chose the level by stepping through the portal to Mistlock.

Thanks. Gave it test. It would be nice to be able to check somewhere other than physically going up to the portal (hero panel maybe), but that’ll do.

“I’m always achieving greatness!”

Posted by: aliksyian.7642

aliksyian.7642

lol. what we have here is a failure to communicate. read carefully. all other things being equal -traits, etc (everyone gets those), the gear gives significantly better stats. stats matter esp in small scale wvwvw. I should be able to get those stats by doing things other than dungeon grinds.

How is that a failure in communication. People wanted to have gear adventage in wvw. And now they have.

People want a lot of things that are stupid. That doesn’t mean they should be implemented.

I’ve heard people say they want to use every trait at once, or every utility skill at once. There are a lot of bad ideas floating around in people’s heads.

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

“Is it going to continue with this design philosophy?”

Yes. And people will stop playing.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: MrDmajor.7084

MrDmajor.7084

Dont’ feel bad, everything is falling to kitten. All types of crashes and random disconnects parties can’t recover from. If 1 person has a dc or crash, game over.

kitten that.

Peace Sign

ArenaNet does NOT play Guild Wars 2. This can’t be.

Posted by: Rangle.2539

Rangle.2539

The game is naturally progressing to appeal to all spectrum of gaming. Everyone can have their slice of pie. There is no one stopping you if you want to play around with cosmetic items. Or if you want to progress your characters to become better and more skillful. Tolerance toward different spectrum of gaming is a good thing.

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

The game is naturally progressing to appeal to all spectrum of gaming. Everyone can have their slice of pie. There is no one stopping you if you want to play around with cosmetic items. Or if you want to progress your characters to become better and more skillful. Tolerance toward different spectrum of gaming is a good thing.

Although your goal is noble, it just isn’t practical and I have yet to see it work out in an MMO since you can’t please everyone. At some point you end up alienating different playstyles if you try to do so, much like this current patch has already done.

Posted by: Ebon.7641

Ebon.7641

Starting to feel this as well. The group I’ve been running with (level 13 fractals now) are pretty hardcore, but I’m not quite the same. I can’t really handle how long they want to run this stuff for, but I like playing with them so it’s sort of a weird situation. Don’t play with them and be left behind (I’m sure they’d do a few levels to catch up, but there’s a limit I suppose) or keep playing and feel like I’m not really doing what I want to. This sort of feeling is exactly what I wanted to leave behind in other MMO’s. :\

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Although your goal is noble, it just isn’t practical and I have yet to see it work out in an MMO since you can’t please everyone. At some point you end up alienating different playstyles if you try to do so, much like this current patch has already done.

So it’s best to alienate the WoW players, because they are unlikely to leave WoW.
While the players who don’t like grind should be easier customers, since there isn’t any competition for them.

Just look at Eve Online. It’s doing well because CCP know what niche of players they are aiming at.

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

Gonna play a white knight’s role this time. You don’t have to do those dungeons. You have plenty of other content to do. They might be a little deserted but you can always bring your friends/guildies! That’s the beauty of the game without a necessary grind and whole game being the endgame.

Except none of the other content gives you Ascended gear, which will be required to do future content.

IMO, it seems like most dungeons in the future will rely on Agony and gating, while the rest of the community will be left to squander in open world.

Posted by: Omniwar.4985

Omniwar.4985

To the OP, and others with same problems, come over to Emhry Bay (American server) and join Unholy Royalty [HIGH]. We are a non elitist guild and we have no issues with running dungeons with lower level toons and running low tier fractals to help our guildmates.

Can find more info here http://www.gw2guilds.org/view-guild/7130

If you take gaming or yourself too seriously, dont bother though, we are here for fun and not drama.