Female Human T3 medium armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I find it amazing that people find it easier to say “no offense but” than actually refraining from giving offense ;p

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

@ OP: Try the vigil medium chest piece, could work nicely with your current look.

Other than that I can’t agree with the general sentiment, but I’m all for a second set – for all tiers and all races.

Edit: And please stop insulting people who don’t share your taste, it makes you look bad.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Why so much hate for one of the best armor sets available in game? If you can’t appreciate well done art, you can always gear yourself with something cheaper, as there’s always T1 and T2.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

You do realize you’re insulting players who like the said armor by saying that they lack the correct taste? Do you realize that you’re ignoring subjectivity and generalizing?

You do realize that admitting to liking said armor automatically shows lack of taste.

Shows a lack of taste in your opinion.

I think lace is almost always hideous (on anything; table clothes, curtains, clothing; anything) but that doesn’t mean I go around telling people how surprised I am that they have lace curtains in such an otherwise high-quality house. Again, tact.

Edit:

Go home, folks.

I hope you’re right. Show’s over, time to move on with our lives. \o/

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

(edited by Redenaz.8631)

Posted by: Zerole.7306

Zerole.7306

You do realize you’re insulting players who like the said armor by saying that they lack the correct taste? Do you realize that you’re ignoring subjectivity and generalizing?

You do realize that admitting to liking said armor automatically shows lack of taste.

/thread ?

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

I am not acting like it’s universally tasteless and trashy. It is universally tasteless and trashy.

The fact that a female human character has to run around shooting arrows, slashing with daggers or throwing granades while half her underboob is hanging out from her armor, is not only trashy but also degrading to women.

Morrigan.2809

oh my guess you have never heard of amazon warriors? You are in for such a shock

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Redenaz.8631

I am not acting like it’s universally tasteless and trashy. It is universally tasteless and trashy.

…If it is universally tasteless and trashy, why don’t you act like it’s universally tasteless and trashy?

The fact that a female human character has to run around shooting arrows, slashing with daggers or throwing granades while half her underboob is hanging out from her armor, is not only trashy but also degrading to women.

Now there is a can of worms. While I don’t like the armor much myself, I’m not convinced that it’s particularly degrading. There are too many non-revealing sets, or moderately revealing sets, for me to look at this one (which isn’t, as I’ve said, even the most tasteless set in my opinion,) and say, “Yep, they’re objectifying women, and that must be stopped.” In the context of the game, which has a lot of strong female characters as well as decent armor selection, it’s just a revealing set, not an inherently degrading set. Context is important.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Pls don’t state opinions as facts.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I agree that there should be more non-trench coat options for all medium armor wearers.

But it should be done by adding new sets with alternative designs, not by editing ones that already exist, and players may have put a lot of work into acquiring.

Also personally I’d say as well as less trench coats the one thing human, medium armor sets need is more revealing options. There’s only that one, the named exotic set and arguable the Order of Whispers armor that we’ve got to choose from. All the rest are fairly conservative.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

I don’t always dress “revealing”. But when I do, I go for under-boob (Human Medium T3) & some underwear showing armor (Norn Heavy t3).
Only 2 of my 8 characters are dressed “revealing” considering I mostly prefer just looking like I kick butt no matter the character.
These are “subtle” if you consider looking at Tera & other of those type of game’s female armor theme.

Redenaz.8631

You win an award for missing the point.

…If it is universally tasteless and trashy, why don’t you act like it’s universally tasteless and trashy?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I feel some infractions coming on….and, perhaps, a trip to the trash can.

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

oh my guess you have never heard of amazon warriors? You are in for such a cshock

And that’s why norn cultural armor is fine being skimpy and showing those fit, muscular bodies and tattoes. It just looks great for a race of hunters that live in the middle of the wild.
But humans? Not even taking into account that most human faces look like school girls.

People saying that taste is subjective, do you know there’s something called “standards”?
Do this thread a favour and google “underboob” and find me a single picture that looks classy, tastefull or anything remotely close to that.

Bläck Dähliä

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

You do know the term tastefully dressed? Wearing an outfit that does not belong in a strip club or a street corner? Showing underboob in an outfit is and always will be tasteless. Thus the armor piece is tasteless.

If it is so hard for you to understand that or you get offended by it, this is your problem , not mine.

“Is and always will be tasteless” – Seriously? There was a time that a woman showing her shoulders or stomach was tasteless. Bikinis would have been a complete scandal. Elvis was chastised for shaking his hips on TV. Some cultures have women fully covered in burkas, making the blue jeans and t-shirt your mom wears seem downright disrespectful and unacceptable. Tastefully dressed is also venue-based. The outfit I’m wearing now are fine for where I am, but I’d be woefully underdressed arriving at a wedding like this, causing people to discuss how tasteless and trashy I am.

Times change, notions of taste and acceptability evolve. Nobody here is offended by you, but instead we are shaking our heads at how you can’t see this truth.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I like the underboob, and I don’t even have the armor set because the T3 I bought for human was light. I say keep it. If you want modesty, there are innumerable other sets you can choose from. There should absolutely be a good measure of diversity. As it stands there are more modest armors for medium wearers than skimpy ones.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Morrigan.2809

oh my guess you have never heard of amazon warriors? You are in for such a cshock

And that’s why norn cultural armor is fine being skimpy and showing those fit, muscular bodies and tattoes. It just looks great for a race of hunters that live in the middle of the wild.
But humans? Not even taking into account that most human faces look like school girls.

People saying that taste is subjective, do you know there’s something called “standards”?
Do this thread a favour and google “underboob” and find me a single picture that looks classy, tastefull or anything remotely close to that.

The Amazons were a tribe from ancient Greece that consisted of female warriors- and they were very much human.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazons

I am not sure if you are thinking of Valkyries that come form Norse Myth but ok

ohh I did google underboob at your suggestion and I found an image I really like- it certainly is tasteful and very sexy but also contains a real person so I won’t post it here

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

Like Upham said: google underboob and find a single tastefull picture.

If you are comparing showing shoulders to showing underboob, the same way that people are comparing twerking to Elvis’ hip shaking, then I rest my case.

Posted by: Zerole.7306

Zerole.7306

I guess that this can be summed up by saying that the top of a boob is tasteful (cleavage), but the bottom of a boob is is sleazy.

This thread of full of spatial injustice.

Morrigan.2809

If you are comparing showing shoulders to showing underboob, the same way that people are comparing twerking to Elvis’ hip shaking, then I rest my case.

I am a 42 year old woman- I certainly don’t confuse my boobs with my shoulders but twerking made me lol thanks

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

I think the t3 armor is beautiful and in fact I created a human medium specifically so one of my characters could wear it.

That said, there is something rotten in the state of some of the armor, imo. I don’t mind skimpy to a certain extent… but underboob on an armor set for females and not males is a bummer. I’d make more male characters if they could run around in as skimpy clothing as their female counter parts wearing the same exact armor. And yeah, I don’t understand why it was necessary on this piece of clothing to go up that high. Some of the light armors sooort of make sense… I mean, at least they have the appearance of some sort of underwire. I know it’s fantasy, but I’m also getting bored of pieces looking like someone had no clue how women’s clothing actually works whereas the male armor actually looks like it would protect them from something/more practical. Of course sets like the gladiator armor are the few happy exceptions. Impractical nakedness for everyone, whee!

-shrug- I don’t have more of a problem with the underboob than the extremely cleavagey light armors, I’d just like a little more parity between the sexes, which I think would lead to more options. I guess I just don’t understand why the men’s chest piece is full coverage but for the medium female it was necessary to remove 70% of the armor and throw some exposed breast in, to boot. Again, I don’t think this is a problem limited to this particular armor set.

And I totally agree about medium armor and those hideous trench coats. Let’s move away from those, please. They make me resent picking out the perfect pair of pants only to have most of them hidden from view.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

You can always wear a trenchcoat.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

There are many girls in my guild who play this game. Each one of them has a female human character with this armor. Why? Because it’s one of the best armors available.

Not sure how it’s degrading to women, when they’re the ones who like this. Perhaps the armor is too expensive for you?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

I hate you OP if this armor get touched oh god kitten il hate you OUTRIGHT… Leave this smexy armor alone

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

The Amazons were a tribe from ancient Greece that consisted of female warriors- and they were very much human.
ohh I did google underboob at your suggestion and I found an image I really like- it certainly is tasteful and very sexy but also contains a real person so I won’t post it here

No, when you said “amazons warriors” I thought about, you know, snu snu? Which to me fits the norn race in gw2, but it doesn’t fit the human race in gw2.

Also, you could crop the face if that’s the only problem with posting it. I know I wouldn’t post underboobs here because I don’t wanna get infracted.

This is what my thief looks like. A mix of many armors. My ranger got to inherit the rest of the magitec armor because I only liked the leg pieces.

I had no idea that the Arah armor was censored, but the change did indeed make the armor look better.

I would love to see more elegant medium chest pieces, that don’t make female characers look bulky or clumsy (like the vyper one does) or force a trenchcoat on you.

That’s super similar to how my new ranger looks, btw :P

And it wasn’t explicitly “censored” but they did change it by covering the fleshy boob, and yes it looks better now. Before it wasn’t even sexy, just bizarre.

What’s even more bizarre to me is the amount of females loving these little details that make armor sets look trashy. Like they fulfill some kind of fantasy through gearing they characters that way.

Bläck Dähliä

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

You missed my point entirely. Which only further illustrates how frustrating this conversation has gotten.

Yes, I am comparing those things. Because in the 1950’s Elvis’ hips were 2013’s equivalent to twerking. And since you’re stuck on shoulders, yes, there was a time a girl wearing a tank-top would have been deemed tasteless and inappropriate. Times change. So does taste.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Since this thread has devolved into too many insults and rude comments, we’ll be closing it. If you wish to start a new clean thread, that stays on-topic and clean, you’re welcome to do so.