Female VS Male Appearance/Height

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dyani.8291

Dyani.8291

So me and my friends (guy and girls) were just getting into GW2. Some of us were goofing off like trying to make the ugliest character imaginable (all with human characters) and some of us were serious in creating a character that we liked.
This one girl in particular was really tall and she liked being tall.
However the gw2 human creation for females made it obvious that even at max height the female character could not be taller than males

The max height female character (in this case the female elementalist) wasn’t as tall as the male character who wasn’t at max height.

And this really peeved our tall female friend and she said something along the lines of sexist appearance creations (she wasn’t feminist, nor was she dead serious, but we could tell it bugged her a bit)

Is there a way that she can get her character to be as tall as max height male human characters?
Or are female humans supposed to be set as lower in height?
If so, why is that? Why can’t female humans be as tall/ taller than males?

Posted by: Sarabande.8260

Sarabande.8260

Sure men are generally taller than women, but with stuff like this, I’ll come out and say it, it’s generally [subtle] sexism. These GW2 characters are art. In Western Art, which can trace it roots back to African, or “Ancient Egyptian” art, women are often depicted as shorter, even if they were taller in rl, or had a higher or equal status to the man. In a notable exception, Queen Hatshepsut was depicted as tall (equal to a man), which was rare.

(edited by Sarabande.8260)

Posted by: Verdelet.3812

Verdelet.3812

The only solution I can think of is to have your friend create a female Norn as short as possible, that way she’ll be slightly taller than the tallest human. Just keep in mind that having a tall character can negatively affect you when doing jumping puzzles because of the way the camera works.

Tarnished Coast
Evadney (Mesmer)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Sure men are generally taller than women, but with stuff like this, I’ll come out and say it, it’s generally [subtle] sexism. These GW2 characters are art. In Western Art, which can trace it roots back to African, or “Ancient Egyptian” art, women are often depicted as shorter, even if they were taller in rl, or had a higher or equal status to the man. In a notable exception, Queen Hatshepsut was depicted as tall (equal to a man), which was rare.

Interesting (and off-topic, sorry) note – Hatshepsut was also depicted without breasts so she would seem to be equal with a man. Or so some scholarly thought goes.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I wouldn’t call height difference portrayed in art, media and games to be sexism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_people
http://www.ask.com/answers/130524141/who-is-the-tallest-male-and-female-on-this-planet
The tallest female in the world is shorter than the tallest male.
Even on average males are taller than females
http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height-chart.shtml

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Say your very tall friend meets a very tall guy, chances are his height would exceed hers. Would she get mad too? :P

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Sarabande.8260

I wouldn’t call height difference portrayed in art, media and games to be sexism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_people
http://www.ask.com/answers/130524141/who-is-the-tallest-male-and-female-on-this-planet
The tallest female in the world is shorter than the tallest male.
Even on average males are taller than females
http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height-chart.shtml

Again….

“SURE MEN ARE GENERALLY TALLER THAN WOMEN….”

Mirta.5029

Again….

and in the extremes. Isn’t it more of a social commentary than sexism? Women in general are smaller than men, therefore it only makes sense to portray them that way in art and media.

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Could have been the body type? Those alter the height a bit.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Sarabande.8260

Again….

and in the extremes. Isn’t it more of a social commentary than sexism? Women in general are smaller than men, therefore it only makes sense to portray them that way in art and media.

Women are generally physically weaker than men as well, how about we reduce melee dmg dealt by female player characters? Let’s go for the whole 9 yards, right?

Seriously, we aren’t rolling what’s supposed to be the world’s tallest people. At character creation, the tallest woman should be as tall as the tallest man, because the tallest man you can create isn’t supposed to be the tallest man in the world. No, it’s sexism, it’s rife in the media (especially games), and it shouldn’t be trivialized as social commentary. Look at the paintings coming out of the Renaissance, even if the women were tall as or taller than the men, the men were depicted as taller. This is a theme in Western Art, and it did not just stop with GW2. The past makes the present.

Mirta.5029

Seriously, we aren’t rolling what’s supposed to be the world’s tallest people. At character creation, the tallest woman should be as tall as the tallest man, because the tallest man you can create isn’t supposed to be the tallest man in the world.

And why may I ask? Why SHOULD it be taller than a male when it is NOT how it is in reality?
You seem to be claiming that this or that thing SHOULD be this way, otherwise it’s sexist. Well that’s not how it works in reality. Women are not as buff and as tall as males in reality nor on average, nor on the tallest/ strongest graphs. If we’re portraying your average hero then on average the female will be shorter.
I feel like people throw around the word “sexism” far too much. So much that portraying our bodies the way that they are is a crime apparently. It’s ridiculous. Males and females have physical differences. Deal with it.

Women are generally physically weaker than men as well, how about we reduce melee dmg dealt by female player characters? Let’s go for the whole 9 yards, right?

That would harm gameplay, while height difference harms nobody.

Posted by: Bonefield.9813

Bonefield.9813

By the same token, having similar height harms nobody, while providing the benefit of letting people make the character they want to make. My wife is taller than most men, while I’m shorter than the average guy, and it’d be kind of nice to see a greater range of height variation in what we’re allowed to do with our characters. Even if you don’t consider it sexist, it is restrictive; a lot of the character customization options are based on what the developers and designers consider attractive or ideal (as much has been said outright), and that leaves something to be desired for those of us who don’t share their tastes.

Sarabande.8260

Seriously, we aren’t rolling what’s supposed to be the world’s tallest people. At character creation, the tallest woman should be as tall as the tallest man, because the tallest man you can create isn’t supposed to be the tallest man in the world.

And why may I ask? Why SHOULD it be taller than a male when it is NOT how it is in reality?
You seem to be claiming that this or that thing SHOULD be this way, otherwise it’s sexist. Well that’s not how it works in reality. Women are not as buff and as tall as males in reality nor on average, nor on the tallest/ strongest graphs. If we’re portraying your average hero then on average the female will be shorter.
I feel like people throw around the word “sexism” far too much. So much that portraying our bodies the way that they are is a crime apparently. It’s ridiculous. Males and females have physical differences. Deal with it.

But height would also be your social commentary, and would make the game more accurate [wikipedia links soon to come].

Also: Well then, are the females of Tyria’s other races tall as or taller than males? Or is it just human males that can be taller than their female counterparts? Also, I see no crime. I, personally, have no problem with sexism — it exists though.

(edited by Sarabande.8260)

Mirta.5029

By the same token, having similar height harms nobody, while providing the benefit of letting people make the character they want to make. My wife is taller than most men, while I’m shorter than the average guy, and it’d be kind of nice to see a greater range of height variation in what we’re allowed to do with our characters. Even if you don’t consider it sexist, it is restrictive; a lot of the character customization options are based on what the developers and designers consider attractive or ideal (as much has been said outright), and that leaves something to be desired for those of us who don’t share their tastes.

Create the shortest guy and make your wife create the tallest girl. No matter how tall she is she will never be taller than most guys in reality and no matter how short you are you’re likely not to be shorter than a very short woman. The GW2 height system represents it well.
I like realism. Does that mean that your vote should count for more than mine?

But it would be a social commentary, and would make the game more accurate.

Yet it harms gameplay. Gameplay >realism. Who is harmed by a realistic height slider though?
Example of where gameplay and realism was done correctly – Mount and Blade. You’re allowed to be a female fighter (even though in reality you most likely wouldn’t have) (gameplay), however characters you come across most likely won’t take you seriously, which fits with the medieval feel and medieval point of view.

Also: Well then, are the females of Tyria’s other races tall as or taller than males? Or is it just human males that can be taller than their female counterparts?

Completely depends on what kind of physiology does the game developer develop for the race and what is natural for that race.

But height would also be your social commentary, and would make the game more accurate [wikipedia links soon to come].

How would that be a good representation of reality when on average women are shorter and the tallest woman is shorter than the tallest guy?

(edited by Mirta.5029)

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

she wasn’t feminist

So she believes that she is inferior to men?
Fem-i-nism: the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes.
lol

….Anywaaay… the character creation for Guild Wars 2 only allows you to make characters that fit Western beauty standards. AKA: Anorexic, frail-looking women with implants and men who wax & take steroids.
A woman who is taller then a man doesn’t look anorexic and frail enough to be “beautiful” by the narrow standards the GW2 devs are using for character creation. There are issues with both the female and male character models tbh… not just sexist issues, but ageism, weight discrimination, and poor anatomical proportioning as well

(edited by Weindrasi.3805)

Mirta.5029

she probably believes that she is equal to men and not better. Hence equalitarian. Feminism suggests taking one sex in higher regard.

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

she wasn’t feminist

Fem-i-nism: the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes.
lol

Feminism: the idea that we can make both sexes equal by fcusing solely on the issues of one of them.

Sarabande.8260

Create the shortest guy and make your wife create the tallest girl. No matter how tall she is she will never be taller than most guys in reality and no matter how short you are you’re likely not to be shorter than a very short woman. The GW2 height system represents it well.
I like realism. Does that mean that your vote should count for more than mine?

But it would be a social commentary, and would make the game more accurate.

Yet it harms gameplay. Gameplay >realism. Who is harmed by a realistic height slider though?
Example of where gameplay and realism was done correctly – Mount and Blade. You’re allowed to be a female fighter (even though in reality you most likely wouldn’t have) (gameplay), however characters you come across most likely won’t take you seriously, which fits with the medieval feel and medieval point of view.

Also: Well then, are the females of Tyria’s other races tall as or taller than males? Or is it just human males that can be taller than their female counterparts?

Completely depends on what kind of physiology does the game developer develop for the race and what is natural for that race.

How would that be a good representation of reality when on average women are shorter and the tallest woman is shorter than the tallest guy?

Nope, you can’t make a female toon equal to size as a male toon with any of the races in this game. Why can’t one make the females of other races equal or greater height than the males? Are Sylvari males generally taller than females irl?

Mirta.5029

Nope, you can’t make a female toon equal to size as a male toon with any of the races in this game. Why can’t one make the females of other races equal or greater height than the males? Are Sylvari males generally taller than females irl?

Where did you find a sylvari irl? Like I said once it comes to other races – there’s no logic behind it, it’s all up to the way the developer wants to portray the race. If I want my males in my games to lay eggs, I can make it so, however if I decide to copy the human reproductive system and put it on an alien, nobody can say that that is wrong.
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/44575-full-size-comparisons-of-races-and-genders/
also from this image, Charr and Humans seem to be very similar in height when it comes to male/female height comparrison.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

ld’s tallest people. At character creation, the tallest woman should be as tall as the tallest man, because the tallest man you can create isn’t supposed to be the tallest man in the world.

Nope, even as a girl I gotta call shenanigans on this one. How do we know the top height possible for men in the character creator isn’t the tallest a man can be in Tyria? Maybe everybody what makes a guy at top height is doing just that and adventurers just tend ta be really big people, apparently. Same goes for us. Now if the tallest woman weren’t as tall as the shortest guy, if we couldn’t ever be as tall as a guy, that’d be arsed up, but that ain’t the way it is.

And not all the body models look anorexic … the heaviest one looks healthy. Yeah, that really does need some fixin’, come on Anet.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I never noticed the height issue before. Between that and massive killing of harmless animals I’m highly offended.

The Burninator

Jack of Tears.9458

Is this actually in the game? Do NPCs treat female characters worse? Because that’s kinda lame in an MMO. You expect everyone in the game ta be a supermodel – bleh – but sexism at practice in the world is going way too far.

Sarabande.8260

Where did you find a sylvari irl? Like I said once it comes to other races – there’s no logic behind it, it’s all up to the way the developer wants to portray the race. If I want my males in my games to lay eggs, I can make it so, however if I decide to copy the human reproductive system and put it on an alien, nobody can say that that is wrong.

Exactly Sylvari don’t exist irl. With respect to other races there is indeed logic behind it. It is because males are deemed to be taller than females which is, like I said before you even mentioned it, grounded in a reality – but if it were not a brand of sexism, which you’re dismissing, why can I not make a female taller than or tall the males in even the mythical races? Why does human male talleness have to be superimposed on all the other races as well? Sexism, is why. Even for the mythical races there is no way a female could possibly be taller or more robust than a man.

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Roll a norn female, enjoy being two and a half feet taller than humans. If that’s too much, roll a min height norn female and enjoy being a few inches taller than the tallest human males.

There’s no sexism in the heights. If you want to talk about sexism, talk about how the male vigil heavy armor doesn’t have a crotch-hole and the female one, which is virtually identical in every other respect, does – for no reason.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Jack of Tears.9458

I never noticed the height issue before. Between that and massive killing of harmless animals I’m highly offended.

Pokemon is all about enslaving intelligent creatures and forcing them to fight for you – I was pointing that out before it was popular. There is an Asian Pen ‘n Paper rpg all about turning into animals and helping people; don’t remember the name right now. I was really disappointed when whatzihoozit got bought up by SOE and gutted; the game was supposed ta have a pretty good social combat system in the works. (I got to play with it a bit – kind of a strategy card game – was actually really cool) Haven’t seen that happen in an MMO since. (and it was never finished in that game, either)

JustTrogdor.7892

Pokemon is all about enslaving intelligent creatures and forcing them to fight for you – I was pointing that out before it was popular. There is an Asian Pen ‘n Paper rpg all about turning into animals and helping people; don’t remember the name right now. I was really disappointed when whatzihoozit got bought up by SOE and gutted; the game was supposed ta have a pretty good social combat system in the works. (I got to play with it a bit – kind of a strategy card game – was actually really cool) Haven’t seen that happen in an MMO since. (and it was never finished in that game, either)

Well then I’m highly offended by Pokemon too even though I never played it. I tell you, no game is safe anymore. Everywhere I turn another game is going out of its way to offend me. Don’t even get me started on the insulting tone of those bandits. Talk about ruining my day every time I encounter one.

The Burninator

Jack of Tears.9458

but if it were not a brand of sexism, which you’re dismissing, why can I not make a female taller than or tall the males in even the mythical races? Why does human male talleness have to be superimposed on all the other races as well? Sexism, is why. Even for the mythical races there is no way a female could possibly be taller or more robust than a man.

This is a real thing, it’s an ambient kind of sexism that alotta people don’t notice because society has brainwashed em into not noticing. I would think that Charr females might very well be bigger, since that does happen in the animal kingdom, and it would just be fun to have Asura women bigger. Sylvari, I’d go either way – they shouldn’t lean one way or the other. But, maybe, the mother tree made them that way because she was basing them off of human designs? Have ta beef up on my Sylvari lore for that one. Norn? They’re just Norsemen on steriods, so I expect them ta be the same as humans.

Jack of Tears.9458

Well then I’m highly offended by Pokemon too even though I never played it. I tell you, no game is safe anymore.

Oh you don’t even know! Mario Bros? All about oppression. Donkey Kong? Barely concealed racism. Pacman and Mrs. Pacman? Sizeism. Sonic? Encourages the use of performance enhancing drugs! (not ta mention it’s amazingly racist. Sonic runs around stealing gold rings from a fat white guy what kidnaps his girlfriend and tries ta kick his friends off his property?)

(Should prolly add a winky to this so’s someone doesn’t come in here and take me seriously. )

(edited by Jack of Tears.9458)

JustTrogdor.7892

Well then I’m highly offended by Pokemon too even though I never played it. I tell you, no game is safe anymore.

Oh you don’t even know! Mario Bros? All about oppression. Donkey Kong? Barely concealed racism. Pacman and Mrs. Pacman? Sizeism. Sonic? Encourages the use of performance enhancing drugs! (not ta mention it’s amazingly racist. Sonic runs around stealing gold rings from a fat white guy what kidnaps his girlfriend and tries ta kick his friends off his property?)

(Should prolly add a winky to this so’s someone doesn’t come in here and take me seriously. )

At least I still have Pong.

The Burninator

Jack of Tears.9458

Two fat (fat cat) paddles (notice the violent word) smacking a little white piece (the little guy) back and forth between them for nothin’ but their own amusement? Even if ping-pong weren’t already a Chinese racial slur (it actually is) this would cinch the deal.

Not to mention, in the US ping-pong (that slur again) was, for a long time, considered a “rich person’s game”, (this is true) adding more support to my points above.

Mirta.5029

Exactly Sylvari don’t exist irl. With respect to other races there is indeed logic behind it. It is because males are deemed to be taller than females which is, like I said before you even mentioned it, grounded in a reality – but if it were not a brand of sexism, which you’re dismissing, why can I not make a female taller than or tall the males in even the mythical races? Why does human male talleness have to be superimposed on all the other races as well? Sexism, is why. Even for the mythical races there is no way a female could possibly be taller or more robust than a man.

maybe because most of the figures are based on human anatomy? Did you look at my link? Charr females are the same height as males.
And then like I said it solely depends on the developer. Is it sexist for females to see more muscular taller males as more attractive and therefore to develop them taller than females?

Jack of Tears.9458

Is it sexist for females to see more muscular taller males as more attractive and therefore to develop them taller than females?

Well, technically, yeah.

Well, actually, not even technically. It assumes on a cultural standard fed to us by the media what tells us “this is sexy and this is not”; a media what makes its money by selling sex and promoting stereotypes.

JustTrogdor.7892

Two fat (fat cat) paddles (notice the violent word) smacking a little white piece (the little guy) back and forth between them for nothin’ but their own amusement? Even if ping-pong weren’t already a Chinese racial slur (it actually is) this would cinch the deal.

Not to mention, in the US ping-pong (that slur again) was, for a long time, considered a “rich person’s game”, (this is true) adding more support to my points above.

Ghhesss… First it was books, then that darned rock and roll music and now video games.

/searches Craigslist for sensory deprivation tank

The Burninator

Jack of Tears.9458

So you can dwell on your own inner demons and be swallowed up by the innate evil of mankind without distractions?

JustTrogdor.7892

So you can dwell on your own inner demons and be swallowed up by the innate evil of mankind without distractions?

No, it’s a wedding gift.

The Burninator

Jack of Tears.9458

No, it’s a wedding gift.

Ah, a greater form of evil.

Mirta.5029

Well, technically, yeah.

Well, actually, not even technically. It assumes on a cultural standard fed to us by the media what tells us “this is sexy and this is not”; a media what makes its money by selling sex and promoting stereotypes.

except that it’s probably written into our evolution. A buff gruff tall man would protect a family better. The same way that a female with bigger breasts, hips seems to be more fertile and more wanted.
Now portraying females anorexic and males with a 6-pack is the image our media fed us. You can blame them for that.

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

Why don’t you complain about how females don’t get to have muscles like the males while you’re at it? How about how the males don’t get as revealing armor as the females? I’m sorry, but I think these types conversations are ridiculous. You can’t make everyone happy.

Dyani.8291

We were just thinking that something as simple as height could be fixed.
She doesn’t look to have a female character that is in a sense “better” but just as a sense that she is equal in height, or as some cases muscle mass as well.
Whats wrong with having the option having a tall female character? Just because it isn’t realistic?
Shes taller than almost all of the guys she meets, and we have met even taller women than her before. Does that mean her and the tall women are not real?
She just asks the simple question of “Why can’t my character be as tall as guys?”
And honestly the answer “Because women are just shorter in general” didn’t sound right to her. And heck it didn’t sound right to us either.

But as a lot of people said, you can’t make everyone happy, I guess shes just a the few that will have to stay sad :p
Also we did explore the Norn Female option. She didn’t like the Lore and ideals behind Norn.
She liked the human story line, and she loves their voice actor, which is why shes so adamant on staying with humans.
O well, We’ll just tell her to trans into the avatar of melandru if she asks to be taller next time LOL

(edited by Dyani.8291)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

For the record, sylvari are modeled off of humans. That’s part of the game lore. So, there’s a very good reason why they share the same size difference as humans.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Mirta.5029

Shes taller than almost all of the guys she meets, and we have met even taller women than her before. Does that mean her and the tall women are not real?

We’re saying that the tallest woman is still shorter than the tallest man (see links I’ve provided), so while she might be taller than everyone in the region, she is still shorter than the tallest men.

She just asks the simple question of “Why can’t my character be as tall as guys?”
And honestly the answer “Because women are just shorter in general” didn’t sound right to her. And heck it didn’t sound right to us either.

But her character can be taller than MOST males in the game. Just like in reality. It’s realistic.

Posted by: Chrissy Chan.4573

Chrissy Chan.4573

We’re saying that the tallest woman is still shorter than the tallest man (see links I’ve provided), so while she might be taller than everyone in the region, she is still shorter than the tallest men.

But her character can be taller than MOST males in the game. Just like in reality. It’s realistic.

I don’t know why we’re comparing a fantasy video game with reality and what is realistic. My elementalist can shoot fireballs underwater: that doesn’t seem very realistic to me for several reasons.

I just don’t think it’s too much to ask that the height slider be exactly the same regardless of a character’s sex, that’s all.

Dyani.8291

[quote=2362747;Chrissy Chan.4573:]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I will assume the height range they chose for humans fall within the 95% of the population. For men that’s 5’4" to 6’5" and for women 4’11" to 5’9". Yes the max heights listed here are about the average for guards in men’s and women’s college basketball.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

My Female character is not as tall as a Male character. Sexism.
My Male character cannot wear a skirt. Sexism.
My Asura character is not as tall as a Norn character. Racism.
My Norn character’s ears are not as long as my Asura character’s ears. Racism again.
My Sylvari character cannot have the same color skin as my Human. Racism…again.
My Human character’s skin cannot be blue. Too much Racism in this game.
My Asura character can have a bigger afro than my Human character. Serious Racism.
All my Human characters had the option between killing their parents, their sister or join a circus…that’s an awful lot of choices about not having a (assumed)dead family member. Communists forcing us to join a circus or killing a family member.
Kill the cute dolyaks carrying supplies for the other teams. PETA on their way.
Thousands of virtual bunnies die everytime there is Daily Ambient Killer. PETA already at your doors with pitchfork and torch.

Enough. Make your character the way you want within what the sliders permit and stop comparing your character to the choices of other people’s characters. The developers designed the game on what they think(opinion!) looks good, rather than giving us every option to make a Human look like Manbearpig. Disagree with their opinion? Leave, kthxbai.

Stop comparing this to reality as well, or the next time you inflict bleed on my character, i’ll press charges against you for assault.

This is just a game.

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

OP, I agree. It was a relief when game developers stopped crippling female characters by making them automatically weaker (yet usually with higher charisma, whee.) There should be equal height options, too.

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Much Ado about Nothing: GW2 Thread Edition

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

This one girl in particular was really tall and she liked being tall.

men in the world records still have the highest recorded height.

Posted by: RedRhino.4281

RedRhino.4281

All the talk about the female height options being sexist. What about cup size on all the female models? I wanted to make a female Norn character for something different, but alas, I was forced to give her gigantic breasts. This game, like many in the genre, doesn’t have an option to “tone them down.”

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

The race in question is called humans. HUMANS. Yes, that’s what we are; they are based on rl-humans. In real life, women can be taller than men. Sure. Actually, my main character is a human female, and I’ve made her quite tall… not max-size, but tall. And guess what; she’s taller than most human males. Sounds familiar? However, the tallest males would be taller than me even if I would play the tallest female… human anatomy is just like that irl (which is what ingame-humans are based on) as well. The tallest rl-man is taller than the tallest rl-woman. Same counts for average size.

So yeah; I don’t see any problem here.

I’d also like to add that I can’t think of any mammal where the female generally is taller than the male. And since all GW2-races so far are mammals (except the Sylvari; but the pale tree designed them after humans)… go figure why the size choices are like they are.

(edited by Saturn.6591)