Female charr Ancestral Outfit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Can females get the same treatment as males please? The dragon on the tail is probably the best idea since launch for charr armor………..and you choose that of all things to not make unisex, hell I’d forgive the female tail clipping with the coat if it was added.

Male:

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/gw2-ancestral-outfit-gemstore-charr-male-2.jpg

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/gw2-ancestral-outfit-gemstore-charr-male-3.jpg

Female:

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/gw2-ancestral-outfit-gemstore-sylvari-charr-female-3.jpg

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/gw2-ancestral-outfit-gemstore-sylvari-charr-female-2.jpg

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I can get behind this, but I’m wondering if the reason they didn’t has to do with complications with the model of the female tail. Anyway, +1 for female tail dragons

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Celestina.2894

I can get behind this, but I’m wondering if the reason they didn’t has to do with complications with the model of the female tail. Anyway, +1 for female tail dragons

Possibly, although other then the extra fur that hangs down, aren’t the tails fairly similar?

Celestina.2894

bumping for visibility

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

+1000000 for more tail dragons

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

They’d probably take away the dragon around the shoulders if they added it to the tail. Fine by me though, that shoulder-dragon looks fat and lazy anyways.

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Is the male and female tail clipping again?

Anyone having this on EU server? Please send me an email/PM, I would love to check it out on a charr. It will take just a few seconds! Nick Harny ingame.
Thanks in advance

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

This almost makes up for how ridiculous the overall set looks. Almost.

Still not getting it, as someone who mains Charr characters.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Lilith Ajit.6173

Really? I mean I get not liking it… or getting it. But as a Charr main you’ve got to be happy that there was an armor designer who gave some kittens about Charr and gave their male outfit a totally unique feature. That’s never happened since the beginning of the game.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Really? I mean I get not liking it… or getting it. But as a Charr main you’ve got to be happy that there was an armor designer who gave some kittens about Charr and gave their male outfit a totally unique feature. That’s never happened since the beginning of the game.

There has always been two versions of townsclothing, even for Charr.

There are other armors that modify the tail – Orr medium, cultural T3, just off the top of my head.

Like I said, the tail bit is really fancy looking – what Charr player doesn’t like further tail accessories? The problem is, it’s an outfit. No mix and match, and I abhor the rest of it.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Lilith Ajit.6173

There are other armors that modify the tail – Orr medium, cultural T3, just off the top of my head.

Like I said, the tail bit is really fancy looking – what Charr player doesn’t like further tail accessories? The problem is, it’s an outfit. No mix and match, and I abhor the rest of it.

But they are not armors that were released after launch. My point is there hasn’t been anything like it for Charr since launch, that there was a detail made specifically for Charr

[ARES]

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

But they are not armors that were released after launch. My point is there hasn’t been anything like it for Charr since launch, that there was a detail made specifically for Charr

the zodiac armor has the zodiac effect on it’s tail

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’ve never seen it, because I’ve never seen a blue Charr. But okay. I stand corrected.

[ARES]

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I much rather like the dragon hanging around my shoulders on my female charr. Please keep it as it is.

Posted by: Lordphantomhive.1256

Lordphantomhive.1256

Is the male and female tail clipping again?

Anyone having this on EU server? Please send me an email/PM, I would love to check it out on a charr. It will take just a few seconds! Nick Harny ingame.
Thanks in advance

Male not only clips very little to none, but also has a nice dragon design that runs down most of the tail. Sucks female didn’t get the same treatment, but i still like that version in other ways despite the tail clipping and HUGE dragon around the head.

I not in EU, but here a look at both from multiple sides http://dulfy.net/2014/05/27/gw2-ancestral-outfit-and-mini-jaguar-in-gemstore/

Darkness becomes light, light falls into darkness.

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

This is ridiculous. It is clear that the male armor was modeled especially for the charr, but then female charr don’t even get it. They even have the big breast-hole hanging in the middle of their chests!
I can understand giving gendered armor to charr in some cases—for instance, the wintersday dress is hilarious. But beyond comic relief, there’s no point. Please change this—it isn’t fair to female charr players that the male charr gets a tail-customized outfit and the female gets a dress with a breast hole.

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

I’ve never seen it, because I’ve never seen a blue Charr. But okay. I stand corrected.

As well as ascended and the recent armor sets, the rampart and the rest that came out at the same time with it, include tail wiggle with their armor.

On a semi related note to this thread, I kind of wish the charr, and asura, didn’t have the chest gap. I feel they could just add a piece of cloth there bound to the hide/display shoulder toggle that would make everyone happy(some people just don’t like skimpy, i get that)

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

IMO they are just saying by this:
“Not that many play charr, even less play female charr. Not worth doing, wouldn’t affect our profit.”

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

It does affect their profit, even if just a little. I’d have bought this set for a start.

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

Wow maybee if charr are popular enough in china we will get events in our city for once and more armor that does not clip. The shoes look stupid though on males and I wish they would add a hide feet button pretty much specifically because shoes on charr make no sense.

-Ironcurtain

Celestina.2894

Was afraid people were gonna ignore this thread x_x Glad that is not the case

I honestly was gonna make my first charr when I saw the male version………….then I saw it on female.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I think the idea was probably like peakittens and lions, Charr women have less Showy aspects. like manes etc.
that said i dont think thats a good idea, for players. The female set looks pretty drab compared to the male set.

perhaps if it had something else going for it

Posted by: crosknight.3041

crosknight.3041

personally i like the fem charr version

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I also like the tail-dragon!

The female version is tail clipping.

A plus is that thay actually made one for each gender this time – that has NOT ben the case for charr – until now.

Attachments:

Kima & Co

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I also like the tail-dragon!

The female version is tail clipping.

A plus is that thay actually made one for each gender this time – that has NOT ben the case for charr – until now.

Actually there’s been a few versions that differ for each gender.
The Wintersday and the Witch’s outfit if I recall correctly. Probably more too.

Personally, I kinda wish it wasn’t the case here.

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Actually, on looking at it again I prefer the female version above the waist. And I’m not a fan of the boots on either.

Maybe it wouldn’t look like a jumpsuit on humanoid characters but the male version has serious issues with charr – for reasons that the character artists became familiar with early in the game’s development.

All the detail is on the front. You don’t see the front on charr because of their posture. You see their shoulders, head, and back.
So when the back is devoid of interest, the whole outfit looks devoid of interest. A couple dragon figures isn’t going to hold the illusion for long.

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Charrs must be the bane of every graphic designer at Arenanet

I wouldn’t be surprised if they spend less time on charr versions because they know it’s one of the least popular race, especially female charrs

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Supported. I don’t understand why male Charr would get the dragon tail, but females don’t. :/

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I wouldn’t be surprised if they spend less time on charr versions because they know it’s one of the least popular race, especially female charrs

I think charr persist as the least popular species in the game because of the lack of attention given to it and not because of a dislike for the species itself.

Devs seem to have looked at their metrics and got it completely wrong…obviously that would happen simply by going off of metrics yet they persist with that behavior. The stance of “they don’t like it so why put effort into fixing it” is completely wrong when really they are not liked primarily because of the effort not being put into fixing them. Put actual effort into fixing them and players will make them more.

It’s like:

• “Our metrics show people aren’t eating the cake (playing charr) so we shouldn’t put effort into adding frosting or sprinkles to it.”

When really we aren’t eating the cake because it’s full of thumb tacks!
(clipping, lazy adaptations, ignoring species attributes; horns, ears, tails, claws, etc.)

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

really i think charr and asura need more race specific gear. The problem is they always want to throw charr in humanoid clothes, it would be better to make more charr focused designs. And really, its not any harder than making human designs.

Celestina.2894

I’d argue it’s one of the least popular BECAUSE of the artists put so little effort in making outfits/armor look good on Charr.

Outfits/armor on charr are so flawed it’s down right embarrassing.

Hell, even the cultural T3 Light Charr armor clips with the tail. There is no excuse for that at all.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Posted by: AjninSurlaw.8019

AjninSurlaw.8019

All of the races share the same template. Females get the dragon collar and males get the across the chest dragon.

Not sure why they decided to give the male that extra tail accessory and give nothing to the female. Responses like this were bound to happen.

Attachments:

Celestina.2894

morning bump for attention

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

This is ridiculous. It is clear that the male armor was modeled especially for the charr, but then female charr don’t even get it. They even have the big breast-hole hanging in the middle of their chests!
I can understand giving gendered armor to charr in some cases—for instance, the wintersday dress is hilarious. But beyond comic relief, there’s no point. Please change this—it isn’t fair to female charr players that the male charr gets a tail-customized outfit and the female gets a dress with a breast hole.

The breast hole isn’t a problem. The problem is in the oversized collar dragon (Blurry texture and jagged mesh) the awful tail clipping, and Yet-Another-Ugly-Skirt.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

It’s pretty shabby how Charr get so abused on armor/costume design. :\

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Celestina.2894

It’s pretty shabby how Charr get so abused on armor/costume design. :\

Asura get it bad at times also, for example toe clipping. Charr however tends to be the most obvious.

Celestina.2894

Bumping again, I refuse to let this die…..at least not for a while.

Posted by: VoiceOfUnreason.5976

VoiceOfUnreason.5976

Fight the good fight buddy. Though, if they don’t respond to a 1,000 reply post with major concerns about the game, I sincerely doubt they’re going to reply to this one. ArenaNet seems to have adopted the policy of brushing things under the rug in hopes that people eventually forget about them.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Fight the good fight buddy. Though, if they don’t respond to a 1,000 reply post with major concerns about the game, I sincerely doubt they’re going to reply to this one. ArenaNet seems to have adopted the policy of brushing things under the rug in hopes that people eventually forget about them.

You’d be surprised what may get a response. If you look at the game bugs forum you can see that certain developers are active in their areas. (For example, an audio developer obviously won’t comment on this or on megaserver problems, but is extremely vigilant for audio bugs and problems). It just depends on whether the right developer sees it.

[ARES]

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

You’d be surprised what may get a response. If you look at the game bugs forum you can see that certain developers are active in their areas. (For example, an audio developer obviously won’t comment on this or on megaserver problems, but is extremely vigilant for audio bugs and problems). It just depends on whether the right developer sees it.

Looking at the “Watchwork Pickaxe” thread, which is still being constantly revived with no response, doesn’t give me much hope this will ever be looked at all that seriously. It’s Charr, they already said they don’t care.

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: VoiceOfUnreason.5976

VoiceOfUnreason.5976

Looking at the “Watchwork Pickaxe” thread, which is still being constantly revived with no response, doesn’t give me much hope this will ever be looked at all that seriously. It’s Charr, they already said they don’t care.

Charr female cultural T2 Heavy Helm caves in and clips with itself near the center while the male version does not. It’s been that way since release. So… yeah. If they won’t even bother getting at least their cultural armor looking right, there’s no hope for anything else. Like you said, they don’t care. Not worth the time.

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

Really? I mean I get not liking it… or getting it. But as a Charr main you’ve got to be happy that there was an armor designer who gave some kittens about Charr and gave their male outfit a totally unique feature.

As someone who plays female characters, not only do not have to be happy, I’m really ticked off because as with every other case of gendered armor, the female version is an inferior kick in the teeth compared to the male default. I play charr in no small part to get AWAY from gendered armor. Yes, male charr are the red-headed, left-handed stepchildren of this game in terms of gear, but female charr are below even that.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Really? I mean I get not liking it… or getting it. But as a Charr main you’ve got to be happy that there was an armor designer who gave some kittens about Charr and gave their male outfit a totally unique feature.

As someone who plays female characters, not only do not have to be happy, I’m really ticked off because as with every other case of gendered armor, the female version is an inferior kick in the teeth compared to the male default. I play charr in no small part to get AWAY from gendered armor. Yes, male charr are the red-headed, left-handed stepchildren of this game in terms of gear, but female charr are below even that.

Wallow in your misery then and refuse to acknowledge the silver lining. Idgaf.

[ARES]

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

Actually, you don’t get to tell me how to feel and you can stop being so condescending, thank you.

The fact that FINALLY we get an outfit that looks good on male charr and actually has a neat charr-specific feature is one step forward, yes, but to make the kitten thing gendered and look like crap on female charr is two steps back. We do not “have to be happy” about that.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Actually, you don’t get to tell me how to feel and you can stop being so condescending, thank you.

The fact that FINALLY we get an outfit that looks good on male charr and actually has a neat charr-specific feature is one step forward, yes, but to make the kitten thing gendered and look like crap on female charr is two steps back. We do not “have to be happy” about that.

As you just demonstrated it is possible to be happy about one thing and unhappy about the other. That was my point. Thank you for being logical.

[ARES]

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Not every case of gendered armor has the female be inferior. The Phoenix and Orrian armors for females, for example, while skimpier than the male counterpart, are also significantly more detailed and unique.

Posted by: Stormdancer.4972

Stormdancer.4972

Definitely would like to see more tail ornamentation… so yes, let’s make this one actually work for both genders of Charr.

It’s a pretty absurd outfit, IMO, but clearly some people like it.

Celestina.2894

Aaaaaaaaaand bumping again.