10k drinks [Merged]

10k drinks [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gilgamesh VII.8690

Gilgamesh VII.8690

10k is doable but drains the fun out of the festive event. The way am doing it is selling my presents for around 9s and buying the drinks for around 7s to avoid rng, then buying the karma presents after saving up enough after playing the bell choir. Am close to the 5k mark so it is doable if your willing to pit the effort in.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Cyrotek.7019

Cyrotek.7019

Wait, what? You want to replace grind by even more grind? 50 wins of this snowball crap? Are you serious? I’d rater grind 100.000 of those drinks instead.

Also, why the heck do you need it NOW anyways? It is like 3 days in of 30 (?).

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Lucent.8906

Lucent.8906

Agreed. I play 1 or two hours a day if I’m lucky and I just did my dailies and worked on the festival achievements. Got just under 1k drinks, so yeah, 10 more days and I should be there.

I also like that not everyone will put in the time to get it. I don’t raid, so there are items I’ll miss out on, but this one I can earn, even with carpal tunnel and a busy schedule.

Could you please share how exactly you manage to get over 1000 gifts in 1-2 hours?
Those tips might help others on this task too.

They’re exaggerating. The fastest way to get gifts apart from buying them is doing the jump quests (if you’re good at them). This yields about 300 gifts per hour assuming perfect runs, but even for the people who’re really good at the jump quest, it’s closer to around 250 per hour. That’s 1000 gifts every 4 hours.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Thagyr.4136

Thagyr.4136

Some people seem to confuse tedium with difficulty these days.

No, it isn’t hard to earn drinks, or use drinks. It drops from presents at a reliable rate and presents come in decent amounts.

However, the problem here is that the number of ways to get presents is restricted to a specific set of actions. Most of which get rapidly stale or are full of annoying bugs/aspects right now, like joining a closing map or not being able to get into a map at all.

Additionally people are stressing because there is no official word on how long this event is running for this year and they don’t want to miss out. If it is 4 weeks, then sure, people could space the grinding out a bit more so they don’t have to put their nose to the grindstone as much.

Honestly having everything controlled by the TP as a fix-all measure is just placing power in the hands of the goldhounds. I honestly doubt the drinks or presents are going to get any cheaper before the event ends as there is a veritable hoard of flippers milking this for all its worth.

(edited by Thagyr.4136)

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: JasonMars.3498

JasonMars.3498

Did anyone have the same idea with me? Festive Imbiber is too hard to finish this at limited time. this is too mean.

Consuming 10000 drink’s achievement is too mean, and not fun at all.

I tihnk game is let player feel leisure and happy, but after the HOT release, I think this games achievement is more hardcore than before and not fun at all recently.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

10K beverages for someone who loves playing GW2 but also loves not to spend his/her life in front of PC is just undoable. I started selling them after first 50 I so blindly consumed…. didn’t expect it will recquire as much as 10K. But then again, this is not the first or last time ArenaNet released content that they didn’t think about at all.

The person who came with 10K should feel ashamed. He/she would fly away from company in the speed of light.

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Gilgamesh VII.8690

Gilgamesh VII.8690

I do feel 10k is too much, but it’s not hard just time consuming. You know people have responsibilitys and jobs.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

It’s not hard nor difficult. I believe the word(s) you are looking for is either timely in realistically; a very short time span so impossible or costly if one chooses to buy their way through the achievement.

Hopefully there is a “consume all” option for stacks.

Stuff like this already existed in GW1; I am glad to see it make a comeback in GW2.

Even Thirst Slayer achievement exists here.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Michael.4079

Michael.4079

If it feels too hard for you than just skip it… I doubt they would change it now…

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

Did anyone have the same idea with me?

A few, see the several threads already about this.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

It’s not hard nor difficult. I believe the word(s) you are looking for is either timely in realistically; a very short time span so impossible or costly if one chooses to buy their way through the achievement.

Hopefully there is a “consume all” option for stacks.

Stuff like this already existed in GW1; I am glad to see it make a comeback in GW2.

Even Thirst Slayer achievement exists here.

Difference is GW1 counts ALL ales, and there’s no TIME LIMIT to gain the achievement.

GW2 counts ale coming from presents, which then only come out during wintersday, and only when doing the winterdays event.

GW1 also have all the ales counted for the AP sold by NPC, while GW2 forces you to play with TP and let the market determines the price, which is often overpriced due to lack of supply and huge demand.

I can only shake my head that people even bring GW1 to compare to GW2 now, since their objective and goal now are nothing alike at all since HoT.
Every of GW2 post HoT is a grind-fest and gold sink. Period.

I’m a GWAMM player from GW1, and I can tell you that aside from things like Lucky and Unlucky, or Party Animal/Sweet Tooth, there’s nothing in GW1 that can be called grind. There’re just too many objectives/goals to work for. Hard-mode and map completion is probably the best thing GW1 ever implanted. It satisfies both casuals and hard-core players alike. They even afford ot make new challenging free-to-play story line before GW2 launch! (The new Cathan side-story is so challenging and very satisfying when beated. It’s nothing like GW2’s grind-fest for shiny items)

(edited by Aomine.5012)

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It is not hard at all.

It’s a soul-sucking, soul-crushing, soul-breaking, soulless time-limited grind, but not hard at all.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: FireCrescent.6512

FireCrescent.6512

If they don’t nerf it the only way to get it is buying gold.

‘10 easy steps to slowly choking your MMO to death’ by the Anet Devs

10k drinks [Merged]

Aomine.5012

People are mad because this is not the first time post HoT. (Nightfury being the first)
People are seeing this has starting to become a trend now post HoT.

The time-limit also makes things even worse. (There’s no time limit for Night-fury)

Btw, calling people who have incentive for something as"greedy and needy" is plain immature. Everyone is greedy and needy, every incentive is driven by greed and need.
Otherwise there’s no point of doing anything.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

After two days of farming semi-casually, I’m at around 830 drinks basically from the karma vendor and farming the activities(mostly bell choir). I never considered the selling gifts to buy drinks method. Mostly because I didn’t want to deal with the TP at all for this.

I currently believe I’m well on track to farm the drinks out, but with the TP method, that makes this seem a whole lot easier. The price gap seems to have closed though.

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

Nice try, but 1 hr for 1000 drinks is greatly over-estimate, if not out-right exaggerating / lying.

Assuming you make PERFECT run, a minimum run for JP would be 2.5 mins. (This is including loading screen and opening the chest and returning to starting point)

Assuming there’s a margin of error you could screwed up some times due to RNG box explode or you misclicked, let’s average up the number to 3 mins per run.

Each run grants you exactly 10 presents, so an hr of JP will net you 200 presents.
Each present has around 85% chance of getting an alcohol drink, so 200 presents will give you around 170 alcohol points.

You’d need to do this JP AT LEAST 58.82 hrs, or 60~ hrs of JP to finish this.
Assuming the event lasts for 3 weeks, you’d need to do around 3~ hrs of JP EVERY SINGLE DAY to get this shoulder.
If you are going to vacation (and have no choice) during Wintersday for a week or so,
you’d only have 14 days to gather 12000 presents. You now need to do around 4.3 hrs of JP EVERY SINGLE DAY to get the shoulder.

Your statistic is completely off.
3~4 hrs of JP everyday is by no means casual.
Forcing you to do JP for 3~4 hrs everyday is beyond the definition of outrageous too.
I see no causality here.

Three minutes per run is a bit of an over-estimate. A perfect run can be completed in one minute fifty seconds, give or take a few seconds. This is assuming your loading screens are short, and that you don’t end up waiting for snowflakes to spawn at the beginning and also don’t waste time waiting for presents to spawn over and over again. Typically, if you do NOT fall, you can get about 15 runs in. My best was 14, and that was after falling once due to my character bugging out and me being unable to move (right at the present part too >.>).

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: SleepyKitty.4071

SleepyKitty.4071

I’d settle for even 5000 drinks (which I still think is crazy) but 10k sounds insane. Especially for people who work and have other commitments because I don’t know if Anet noticed but it’s Christmas time and a lot of people do real life stuff then.
Last year we had until January 13th but even then 10k still sounds like a hell of a lot.

I guess I think that because it’s not meant to be easy doesn’t mean it should feel like a chore to get if you’re not a rich or intense player. The regular people like cool stuff too. ):

10k drinks [Merged]

Aomine.5012

After two days of farming semi-casually, I’m at around 830 drinks basically from the karma vendor and farming the activities(mostly bell choir). I never considered the selling gifts to buy drinks method. Mostly because I didn’t want to deal with the TP at all for this.

I currently believe I’m well on track to farm the drinks out, but with the TP method, that makes this seem a whole lot easier. The price gap seems to have closed though.

You’re getting most of the stuffs from completing the Meta-objective.
You also got those one-time bonus from completing the AP.

After you finished them, you have to finish the remaining 9000 by grinding JP or Bell Choir.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Johnsen.6253

Johnsen.6253

10k is ridiculous. Even 5k or 1k is way to much. We should call the game Grindwars II

(edited by Johnsen.6253)

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

Anyone remember the meta achievements in season 1? You got something just for playing. Sometimes you had to use 250 Zhaitafy. What you didn’t have to do was spend 3g and 25k karma to unlock a collection where you need to drink 10k drinks.

I kinda want my 3g back.

10k drinks [Merged]

Aomine.5012

Nice try, but 1 hr for 1000 drinks is greatly over-estimate, if not out-right exaggerating / lying.

Assuming you make PERFECT run, a minimum run for JP would be 2.5 mins. (This is including loading screen and opening the chest and returning to starting point)

Assuming there’s a margin of error you could screwed up some times due to RNG box explode or you misclicked, let’s average up the number to 3 mins per run.

Each run grants you exactly 10 presents, so an hr of JP will net you 200 presents.
Each present has around 85% chance of getting an alcohol drink, so 200 presents will give you around 170 alcohol points.

Assuming the event lasts for 3 weeks, you’d need to do around 3~ hrs of JP EVERY SINGLE DAY to get this shoulder.
If you are going to vacation (and have no choice) during Wintersday for a week or so,
you’d only have 14 days to gather 12000 presents. You now need to do around 4.3 hrs of JP EVERY SINGLE DAY to get the shoulder.

Forcing you to do JP for 3~4 hrs everyday is beyond the definition of outrageous too.
I see no causality here.

Three minutes per run is a bit of an over-estimate. A perfect run can be completed in one minute fifty seconds, give or take a few seconds. This is assuming your loading screens are short, and that you don’t end up waiting for snowflakes to spawn at the beginning and also don’t waste time waiting for presents to spawn over and over again. Typically, if you do NOT fall, you can get about 15 runs in. My best was 14, and that was after falling once due to my character bugging out and me being unable to move (right at the present part too >.>).

You have to consider all aspects, like walking toward present, walking to door, loading, snowflake disappearing, people rushing for present and make them pop early, accidental failure, and whatnot.

More importantly, you have to consider your physical condition, like after doing a full hour of JP making you tiresome, decrease reflexes, decreases motivation, rage due to random failure and stuff. And you have to keep up this process for at least 3 hours everyday. I doubt most people can endure this process.

I’d even say 3 mins is an underestimate because we’re not robots. We’re human afterall.
It’d usually end up spending way more time than the hypothetical value.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

You’re complain about grinding for COMESTICS. They’re entirely optional, and no one force you to do so.

That is no argument because everything in the game is optional.

10k drinks [Merged]

Johnsen.6253

I think the biggest thing ANet needs to clarify now is:

a) How long will Wintersday be here for? This gives us the ability to plan ahead and see if we can farm the drinks ourselves, or have to buy it.

b) Will the ability to progress the collection be available even after Wintersday? The ones tied to the Wintersday mini-games are obviously going to be gone, but drinks can be acquired all year round thanks to our personal Gift Trees. If the achievement becomes locked after a couple of weeks, that puts TREMENDOUS pressure on people who want the skin.

You know the gift tree gives us exaclty ONE gift per day. Each gift has a 80% chance to drop some drinks. So how many days are we going to wait to get 10k drinks?

10k drinks [Merged]

Aomine.5012

I think the biggest thing ANet needs to clarify now is:

a) How long will Wintersday be here for? This gives us the ability to plan ahead and see if we can farm the drinks ourselves, or have to buy it.

b) Will the ability to progress the collection be available even after Wintersday? The ones tied to the Wintersday mini-games are obviously going to be gone, but drinks can be acquired all year round thanks to our personal Gift Trees. If the achievement becomes locked after a couple of weeks, that puts TREMENDOUS pressure on people who want the skin.

You know the gift tree gives us exaclty ONE gift per day. Each gift has a 80% chance to drop some drinks. So how many days are we going to wait to get 10k drinks?

Around 28 years
Do the math.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

I see no causality here.

You have to consider all aspects, like walking toward present, walking to door, loading, snowflake disappearing, people rushing for present and make them pop early, accidental failure, and whatnot.

More importantly, you have to consider your physical condition, like after doing a full hour of JP making you tiresome, decrease reflexes, decreases motivation, rage due to random failure and stuff. And you have to keep up this process for at least 3 hours everyday. I doubt most people can endure this process.

I’d even say 3 mins is an underestimate because we’re not robots. We’re human afterall.

Except for me it is not hypothetical. I go in there and finish a run in about 1:50. With my loading times (even though they are not extraordinarily good) and including time waiting for presents to spawn and snowflakes as well, it takes just about that. The best possible I can see is 16, but that is if EVERYTHING plays out PERFECTLY. If not, and you do not fall at all, about 15. And it is impossible to have a run take more than 3 minutes, unless you spent over a minute waiting around at the presents or you have rediculous loading screens. The cold will kill you :P

10k drinks [Merged]

Johnsen.6253

Let’s call the game Grindwars II.

10k drinks [Merged]

Aomine.5012

Assuming there’s a margin of error you could screwed up some times due to RNG box explode or you misclicked, let’s average up the number to 3 mins per run. You have to include every possible margin of error.

If you want to persuade me, do a 3 hr consecutive JP run and tell me how many presents you get. Do it around 3 times for 3 days and see what is your result.

I see no causality here.

Except for me it is not hypothetical. I go in there and finish a run in about 1:50. With my loading times (even though they are not extraordinarily good) and including time waiting for presents to spawn and snowflakes as well, it takes just about that. The best possible I can see is 16, but that is if EVERYTHING plays out PERFECTLY. If not, and you do not fall at all, about 15. And it is impossible to have a run take more than 3 minutes, unless you spent over a minute waiting around at the presents or you have rediculous loading screens. The cold will kill you :P

Like I said earlier, 3 mins is not the minimum time you do to complete JP , but factor in all the possible failure/accident/ additional wait time/ phyisical condition / motivation.
After all you’re not just doing it once, but doing like 3 hours worth of JP every single day.

Plus it’s really tough to have perfect run for this JP even if you can perfectly finish the first part w/o falling 95% of the time. There’re RNG element in 2nd part afterall.

Try timing it yourself, doing 3 hours worth of JP.
Do it for 3 times → 3 days, and time yourself for each time.
See the result. You’d find that you’re gaining alot less presents than you’d have expected hypothetically.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I don’t really understand why people think this needs to be doable within some type of time frame, these shoulders are not a “here have some nice shoulders for free guys” from anet, they are an exclusive skin that requires either a very large time investment or a large gold investment, you either invest in one of these ways to get them or you don’t get them, its quite simple, they are not for peasants.

10k drinks [Merged]

Aomine.5012

I don’t really understand why people think this needs to be doable within some type of time frame, these shoulders are not a “here have some nice shoulders for free guys” from anet, they are an exclusive skin that requires either a very large time investment or a large gold investment, you either invest in one of these ways to get them or you don’t get them, its quite simple, they are not for peasants.

This is when you have a fail X-mas event. No present for peasents.
Pfft. You’d run a great country sir.
Seems to me Anet have no problem giving out past rewards though, but suddenly feel like shoulder need to be legendary-ish prestige.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

It was assumed that if acquiring was any easier then everybody would get it and wear it ALL THE TIME.
Yeah, that’s the reasoning behind how dumb every requirement is nowadays.

10k drinks [Merged]

Aomine.5012

It was assumed that if acquiring was any easier then everybody would get it and wear it ALL THE TIME.

It doesn’t even work with Outfits, and it’d look fugly on races that need shoulder-piece. (Charr) to look normal.

So it’s not like everyone would use them, which seem to be the trend of those selfish rich people’s arguments lately that everything need to be gated behind a large gold sink to keep the prestige.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

It doesn’t even work with Outfits, and it’d look fugly on races that need shoulder-piece. (Charr) to look normal.

So it’s not like everyone would use them, which seem to be the trend of those selfish rich people’s arguments lately that everything need to be gated behind a large gold sink to keep the prestige.

I always bring up GW1, but in GW1 stuff like this piece would be collected by people and maybe on special occasions they’d get together and shoot a video of doing conga line or dance session with everyone wearing it.
I miss those days because it seemed like the community found ways to make epic fun stuff with what the game gave them access too. Now it feels like GW2 is incredibly stingy on access to such fun.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Mosferre.1246

Mosferre.1246

3 weeks to do it in (roughly to be safe).
477 drinks per day.

hic

I came, I saw, I continued watching as I’m a newbie…

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Death Aggro.9602

Death Aggro.9602

If you think its hard try being a PvP only player. We get nothing in comparison to PvE. I don’t have enough time in my life to do PvE and PvP. I found PvE to be boring. But i will admit. For a game thts not supposed to be about grind. Does it not feel like EVERYTHING is becoming a grind? Basically they want you to complete every event once per day to get everything. That is a huge time investment.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

“No presents for peasants” should be a motto somewhere.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You can complete the JP 16 times if you’re in an empty map and RNG favors you with the snowflake at the beginning. That’s the only part with significant enough RNG to impact you. You most certainly can get 15 without any issue. It’s not that difficult to be consistent at the JP. Then again, I’m only speaking about myself so I don’t know how it is for everyone else.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I made it 34.22 years, assuming an average of 0.8 drinks per day and an average year length of 365.25 days and ignoring missed days due to holidays, illness and the fact that PCs will not exist in 34 years time.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Thagyr.4136

Thagyr.4136

Kinda like real life society. Trickle down economics has come to GW2. Enjoyment shall be granted only to those on the mountain of gold.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

Don’t forget that you can easily get 1000-2000 drinks every wintersday through presents everywhere
Completing it in 3 years is very doable without spending money.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

lol It is not hard by any means… you either earn them by hard work inside the game… or earn them by hard work at your real life job…

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

10k drinks [Merged]

MithranArkanere.8957

Nop, 10000 times better than nightfury. Also this is kind of a pun Anet throw at us so I’ll just have some Wintersday spirit and suck it up. After all it’s a one time thing.

Nightfury can be continued during the rest of the year, as long as you got 4 wings.

This one is limited to Wintersday. When it’s over, the achievement is disabled when moved to the Historical section. If it were to return, like the other Wintersday achievements, it’ll be a new one you still have to do from scratch.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

10k drinks [Merged]

MithranArkanere.8957

lol It is not hard by any means… you either earn them by hard work inside the game… or earn them by hard work at your real life job…

Yeah. Forget about having fun and playing in a game. Let’s all just work.

Just all what people need from a game. More work.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

These skins are suppose to take time to give prestige. I have only seen two people with nightfury, and one with the snow one.

This is good, it adds what the game needs. Just my two cents. I know people will complain about needing to grind for something they want for free or cheap. But it is what it is, and remember it is an optional thing to do. If you want it, commit to it.

I have to question the wisdom in that, honestly. For a genre that’s in a rat race to appeal to as many potential players as possible, it seems self-defeating to implement rewards that only benefit a minority of the player base.

That being said, I’m not advocating anything silly like making every skin available sans any effort, I’m okay with the idea of prestigious skins… but I would rather they actually represent something that reflects that prestige; PvP tournament armor skins, PvP league backpiece, and (eventually) PvE raid armor are good examples of cosmetics that actually have prestige because they’re actually earned – the Halloween and Wintersday shoulders are not, because all they represent are luck and wealth respectively.

I mean, really, anyone who’s walking around with a snowy aura right now 100% got that from buying drinks from the TP, how’s that any more prestigious than the people who bought their legendaries off the TP?

10k drinks [Merged]

GussJr.1643

10k drinks is fine lol finished mine last night

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

10k drinks [Merged]

GussJr.1643

Yeah. Forget about having fun and playing in a game. Let’s all just work.

Just all what people need from a game. More work.

lol See…I do have fun in the game…and I love my job….so its a win/win for me

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

You sure have faith in this game.
And somehow you are certain that we’ll get the chance Next year, even though no GM said so.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Phoebe Poison.4875

Phoebe Poison.4875

It would be fine, it’s especially fine as far as the shoulder skin goes, since that one should be expensive, but it shouldn’t count towards the meta. You shouldn’t be required to spend ~800g to finish the festival meta imo.

-

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

quality content.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

If the achievement wasn’t time gated, then it wouldn’t be that bad. But of course they some how thought 10k in a span of a couple weeks (we don’t even know when wintersday ends >:( ) was a good idea…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

Did you stop to consider maybe you’re not suppose to get it all in one season unless you’re dedicated? You can live another year or two without the skin. And if you can’t well, you can grind!