Fields of Gold, Tower?

Fields of Gold, Tower?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

I was just wondering if anyone knows, what the story behind this huge tower is? I noticed it while doing an event at Fields of Gold. It’s the tallest structure I’ve seen in the game.

Attachments:

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Fields of Gold, Tower?

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Yeah I stared at it for a good few minutes the first time I traveled there.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Fields of Gold, Tower?

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

It’s an arch. Orrians were kind of obsessed with them. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was purely decorative.

Fields of Gold, Tower?

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:The_Ruined_City_of_Arah_(explorable)_loading_screen.jpg

I am guessing its one of the arches from that image. I think most of the random stonework/piles of stone that you find out and about in Orr is supposed to have fallen out of these when the cataclysm ruined everyones day.

Fields of Gold, Tower?

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I think I read some scrolls ingame about these really, really big ring structures and whatnot. It said that no one actually knows what they are for, not a single clue, they can only guess it was for decorative to show how beautiful and mighty Orr was when the Gods themselves lived there.

Fields of Gold, Tower?

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

http://cghub.com/images/view/45762/

The artist calls it “Risen Arch”. What their purpose is/was is unknown, as far as we know, there are at least two of these arches, one starting at the northern and the other one starting at the Cathedral of Silence. Adjusting for the the cataclysm, and assuming the arches are equal in size, they would meet somewhere northeast of the area where we start the Arah storymode dungeon.

I have never done any explorable of this dungeon, so I don’t know where exactly the city center of Arah is.

Attachments:

Fields of Gold, Tower?

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

It is hiding the clocktower jumping puzzle >_>

/wish