Fiery Dragon Sword aura is too big :(

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Don’t you agree the Fiery Dragon Sword aura should be toned down to the level of Jormag’s Breath aura? When Fiery sword is stowed, the flames are so big it seem’s unnatural and overwhelming. I hope some day it will be fixed.

Edit: reading the feedback, I suggest toning down the aura when it’s stowed, and being the same as it’s now when wielded.

Attachments:

(edited by Sublimatio.6981)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

No. Absolutely not. It’s perfect the way it is.

Sublimatio.6981

It was perfect in GW1, now it’s just a big pillar of light :c

Attachments:

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I like it the way it is, thank you. =)

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

It’s funny to see how many things from GW1 still look better than their counterparts in GW2, although there’s such a great age difference.

Just one thing: in GW1, you could see the whole process of an arrow being taken by a ranger from behind the back and put on the bowstring before being fired away. In GW2, you can’t see an arrow in the whole process, just when it fires away.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

The icy dragon sword’s aura should be fixed to match the FDS flames IMO

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

Astral Projections.7320

Scale up Jormag’s Breath to match, that’s the correct answer.

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

This.

Astral Projections.7320

One can never have too much bling.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I remember back when I stopped using it long ago specifically because it was too bright and annoyed my eyes after a while~ especially dual wielding them. XD

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I would be upset if they would scale the effect down

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Sublimatio.6981

You guys would just like to be a bright shining ball x_x
Anyways, I’m just gonna craft Firebringer in the future, and use it until the FDS aura is toned down eventually. Firebringer aura has smaller flames, but it’s too red

Posted by: InfernoCrossing.8063

InfernoCrossing.8063

You guys would just like to be a bright shining ball x_x

Have you ever been in any kind of zerg? Half of the peeps seem to be running full Celestial Dye and Fractal Capacitors, or somethin’.

Our style of not burning retinas out is a dying breed. >_>

[Stormbluff Isle since September ’12] |VZ|
Ragnarune | Lily Vinheim | Voirdere
Viezza

Sublimatio.6981

Yeah, I like to have some effects, but not too much, have some boundaries people :P
The recent bug with AC skinned legendaries makes me wonder… there are so many people that like the double skinned incinerators. Like being a glowing orange ball is classy? xD
Personally, more attention from me people get, when I see some real fashion, matched dyes with armor and weapons alongside with hair, skin colour etc
Glowing ball are less interesting xD That’s why I made this topic, because I’m changing my mesmer into more fiery with the balhazar backpack, and these swords are too shiny for me T_T

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

It’s funny to see how many things from GW1 still look better than their counterparts in GW2, although there’s such a great age difference.

Just one thing: in GW1, you could see the whole process of an arrow being taken by a ranger from behind the back and put on the bowstring before being fired away. In GW2, you can’t see an arrow in the whole process, just when it fires away.

Crystalline sword in GW looked AMAZING, the broken glass particles inside and the transparent effect. <3

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The FDS is fine when wielded but when it isn’t wielded it looks silly because your character ends up running around dragging their sword on the ground.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

LEAVE MY SWORD ALONE !

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Fire is fine. Don’t fart though.

Posted by: Mono.7320

Mono.7320

I third this ^. Jourmag breath have low animation to start with…its kinda unfair considering that they both resemble dragon swords :/

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

GW1 had no bowstrings

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Zesbeer.8365

Zesbeer.8365

dis lets make things more awesome instead of less.

Posted by: Porterhouse.6304

Porterhouse.6304

Don’t you agree the Fiery Dragon Sword aura should be toned down to the level of Jormag’s Breath aura?

It’s perfect the way it is. Absolutely not. No

Posted by: Caro.2730

Caro.2730

I have a good pc and I also think it should be toned down. Too much is never good.

Sublimatio.6981

dis lets make things more awesome instead of less.

For me, it would be less awesome if everything in the game would be too shiny X_X
I think Icy sword has a properly scaled aura. It’s not too big and looks like real blue flames. The FDS aura however… doesn’t resemble real flame. It’s a pillar of light instead of fire. Fused weapons are IMO the best to resemble real flames and they are properly scaled as well… only this sword is kinda bugged o.o

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Bah, there is no such thing as “too big” when it comes to burninating!

Posted by: phirefox.2568

phirefox.2568

Don’t you agree the Fiery Dragon Sword aura should be toned down to the level of Jormag’s Breath aura? When Fiery sword is stowed, the flames are so big it seem’s unnatural and overwhelming. I hope some day it will be fixed.

Edit: reading the feedback, I suggest toning down the aura when it’s stowed, and being the same as it’s now when wielded.

Wow, finally! Can’t believe there is someone who actually shares my opinion regarding this sword – most players i’ve met so far seem to like overloaded flashy SFX’s (“the more the better”), and if i look at the answers you got so far, this seems to be the case here as well. I don’t particulary care about the fiery dragons sword’s length while it’s drawn – but i absolutely dislike it in it’s stowed form. Most of my characters are Human, and “can’t” (rather because i don’t want) use like 95% of all the 1H Swords in the game, because most of them are so kitten long that they sink into the ground while my characters are walking/standing around – it looks kinda “goofy” in my opinion. Unfortunately, the fiery Dragon Sword is part of those 95% – and it wouldn’t even have to be :/ When i first came across the Jormag Sword, i was like “woah! why can’t my fiery Dragon sword be like that!?”, since it had the perfect length for me – then i noticed, that it wasn’t the fiery dragon sword itself, but rather the fiery effect that added too much to it’s length. Just as you, i’am going to invest into a firebringer now (it doesn’t sink into the ground, and the “aura on draw” effect is nice) – though unlike you, the color doesn’t really bother me, since it reminds me a bit of a Demon-Zweihander Sword from the Gothic Series

That being said, they probably won’t change the FDS anyway, especially if so many ppl actually like the run-me-through-the-ground effect. At least they (flashy-streetlamp like characters) make it easier to distinguish them from other players in small skirmishes, so that i know who has to go down first – for the sake of my eyes :P

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I would not disagree with it being “toned” down when stored but it is fine during combat.

On the other hand, I would think a visual request of this kind would be somewhere near the bottom of a rather long list of things that Anet needs to “tweak” in this game….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

This.

Nahh .. leave my Jormags alone .. i have 3 of them and they are fine the way they are

And i meant i had made 3 before the wardrobe patch with that.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Sublimatio.6981

^ I made 2 xD

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

It’s not scaling of the sword but the effect themselves. There’s much more fire than Icy Breeze around both swords.

Mono.7320

1. Tone it down
OR
2. Make Jourmag’s Breath aura bigger

edit: its really unfair.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

No, it’s perfect the way it is.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Lockon.5312

Lockon.5312

Fiery Dragon Sword is a stylized fire-breathing dragon sword. Although it resembles the legendary weapons Magdaer and Sohothin, it is merely an Ascalonian replica without special powers. Swords like this were an iconic symbol of the fallen human nation, but have become less common during the last century. The Guild Warrior who defeated the Great Destroyer managed to obtain one that was subsequently placed in the Hall of Monuments, where it has been guarded by the ghosts there ever since, waiting for a hero worthy of its power.
( taken from the wiki )

So in-short if you want Sohothin then try taking it from Rytlock. I doubt though he’d give it to you without a fight.

Mono.7320

you just say that cuz you have one and people who didn’t play first game don’t get to have it on top of that gw2 dragon sword which is Jormags Breath have small aura. How is this fair?

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

So it’s not only me! I too think that some things looked way better in GW1.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/b/bf/Anura.jpg – Frog scepter from GW2
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/0/07/Frog_Scepter.jpg – Frog scepter from GW1

Wth is this!? it’s terrible in GW2! Plus I might add I have to use lowest settings because loadings in GW2 are horrible so graphical experiences are even worse than in GW1.

(edited by Psychol.5783)

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

you just say that cuz you have one and people who didn’t play first game don’t get to have it on top of that gw2 dragon sword which is Jormags Breath have small aura. How is this fair?

Actually I was just saying that because I like the sword just the way it is, but sure lets go there for a moment:

I say that because I worked hard to get one and you obviously are not willing to work for it. If you are not willing to play gw1 for this sword then you do not deserve to have one.

I’m all for making Jormag’s Breath aura/flames bigger though.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

But folks, its the brightness (aura) that makes these fiery swords so practical sometimes. Hint: Obsidian sanctum jumping puzzle and the dark room – you don’t need to carry a torch if you have two fiery sword skins equipped The aura is so useful in dark places that reducing its intensity would actually make the skin useless.

Sublimatio.6981

But folks, its the brightness (aura) that makes these fiery swords so practical sometimes. Hint: Obsidian sanctum jumping puzzle and the dark room – you don’t need to carry a torch if you have two fiery sword skins equipped The aura is so useful in dark places that reducing its intensity would actually make the skin useless.

Are you even serious, skins are not made to be useful, but pretty. I believe with toned down aura it would still be good light in dark rooms, you probably don’t have a Jormag’s Breath so you didn’t experience it’s FAR stronger brightness than FDS provides, despite having a smaller aura.

Edit: adding some screens

Attachments:

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

The fiery sword is actually perfect. The whole point of the sword is the blade is made of fire coming from a open dragon mouth hilt. my 2 biggest complains are actually that it looks silly with those 2 metal pieces sticking out 1/3 of the way when its put away and that Jormags breath doesn’t match the intense look giving off a weaker impression.

#ELEtism

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Are you even serious, skins are not made to be useful, but pretty. I believe with toned down aura it would still be good light in dark rooms, you probably don’t have a Jormag’s Breath so you didn’t experience it’s FAR stronger brightness than FDS provides, despite having a smaller aura.

Excuse me but is there a definition of skins which says they should be only pretty, not useful? Yes I do have both swords but I still prefer having a source of yellow light as opposed to going blind from blue.

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

Leave the FDS alone. It’s the one sword skin I actually like (besides bolt). For those of you complaining about equalizing it to Jormag’s breath, increase Jormag’s to equal it out, don’t reduce the FDS.

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

It was perfect in GW1, now it’s just a big pillar of light :c

It is because dragons are getting stronger and more ambient magic the the area

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Excuse me but is there a definition of skins which says they should be only pretty, not useful? Yes I do have both swords but I still prefer having a source of yellow light as opposed to going blind from blue.

They did release a torch item for 1 of the living stories that any class or race could use, provided you did the story to unlock it.

#ELEtism