Fiery rush, exploit? bug? or Feature?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Debbysaurus.4016

Debbysaurus.4016

Define [HC] made some examples and clip’s together.
Watch this video first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfCNZeW8BOM

Watch the video, give your thoughts.

Intricacy [iV]
Seafarer’s Rest
My Youtube channel

(edited by Debbysaurus.4016)

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Exploit? nah.

The bear form has such a long cooldown that using it specifically for that one skill isn’t going to increase your DPS all that much. The FGS is slightly more worrisome, but the skills only work in this fashion when your target in pinned to a wall or packed into a corner.

It’s not always a feasible tactic in PvE to drive your target into a wall and facetank them. And in PvP, this tactic is almost impossible to pull off, as few people are going to stand still and eat an entire rush like that.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

Exploit? nah.

The bear form has such a long cooldown that using it specifically for that one skill isn’t going to increase your DPS all that much. The FGS is slightly more worrisome, but the skills only work in this fashion when your target in pinned to a wall or packed into a corner.

It’s not always a feasible tactic in PvE to drive your target into a wall and facetank them. And in PvP, this tactic is almost impossible to pull off, as few people are going to stand still and eat an entire rush like that.

actually fiery rush works anywhere for the exact same damage you just have to use that ele blink skill

Quarktastic.1027

actually fiery rush works anywhere for the exact same damage you just have to use that ele blink skill

And who isn’t going to reflexively dodge roll when that ele teleports right on top of them with an FGS in hand?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Bannish to wall —>Immob --> Charge.
Ele’s get immobs too.

I’d call it a programming oversight… it doesn’t matter what the Cooldowns are or how difficult it might be to reproduce. …infact the more difficult something is to consistently reproduce, the more obvious it should be that it’s not intended, lol

Quarktastic.1027

Ele’s get immobs too.

I’d call it a programming oversight… it doesn’t matter what the Cooldowns are or how difficult it might be to reproduce. …infact the more difficult something is to consistently reproduce, the more obvious it should be that it’s no intended, lol

Immobilize doesn’t prevent you from dodge rolling. You will roll in place, and you will get the exact same evasion frames regardless of whether or not you are immobilized. Fiery rush is so short, that one dodge roll -even while immobilized- will negate almost all of it.

Will it get fixed? I hove no doubt that it will.

Will anyone get banned for using it? Absolutely not.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Ele’s get immobs too.

I’d call it a programming oversight… it doesn’t matter what the Cooldowns are or how difficult it might be to reproduce. …infact the more difficult something is to consistently reproduce, the more obvious it should be that it’s no intended, lol

Immobilize doesn’t prevent you from dodge rolling. You will roll in place, and you will get the exact same evasion frames regardless of whether or not you are immobilized. Fiery rush is so short, that one dodge roll -even while immobilized- will negate almost all of it.

Will it get fixed? I hove no doubt that it will.

Will anyone get banned for using it? Absolutely not.

Dodge rolling in immob? Proof please. I have never been able to dodge roll inside immob, without a utility or weapon skill that “evades” like thief and ranger shortbow, or thief utility etc.

ilr.9675

Immobilize doesn’t prevent you from dodge rolling.

PffffFFFfhHhHAAAHAAAHAAAAHAAAA….

Oh wait, are you being serious??

Debbysaurus.4016

can we get back on topic?

Intricacy [iV]
Seafarer’s Rest
My Youtube channel

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Seems like a trivial non-issue to me.

Call me when they bring Eles up to par with Wars in PvE.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Debbysaurus.4016

Seems like a trivial non-issue to me.

Call me when they bring Eles up to par with Wars in PvE.

actually, elementalists already can do more dmg then warrior’s without using this FGS exploit.
Only reasons warrior is more popular is cause of its other team support skills, easyer to play and they are less squishy.

Intricacy [iV]
Seafarer’s Rest
My Youtube channel

ilr.9675

^ that

“Perfect Ele” is always preferred in PuGs but is a bit of a Mythological Creature at the same time. I’ve never seen one and Pugging is about all I ever do when it comes to dungeons. Fastest runs I see are always multiple Warriors FGJ’ing and facerolling.

The only place I’ve ever seen Perfect Ele is in youtoube video that captured it in its natural habitat (usually guild-runs only) — …which is also the only place I see perfect Rushes being pulled off or even Conjures themselves actually being made available.

Oh and if it’s a Lightning Hammer, don’t you dare pick it up! They get defensive about their Hammers …. their shiny … candy-like …sparkly hammers !

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: mehcetylene.2376

mehcetylene.2376

That use of fiery rush (no target, against a wall or with lightning flash) is clearly not how Arenanet intended the skill to be used.

That said, elementalists are so underpowered in everything else that FGS/LH is their only means of outputting decent damage in PvE. To nerf that (or fix it depending on how you look at it) without buffing scepter/dagger MH or some other means of dps would just be a slap in the face to ele players.

Posted by: Elliyana.8936

Elliyana.8936

As an elementalist, I can only dream of dealing this much damage.

Attachments:

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Not that I agree with Debby about FGS, but that number is really miss-leading. Malrona’s poison makes you do about 4x more damage than usual. Also remember that the number from 100b is the combined damage that you did over the entire channel. One hit did not do 70k.

Anyway, about FGS/Fiery Rush. The skills work as designed, but I’m not that ignorant that I’d pretend that the common usage isn’t in the ‘gray area’.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Debbysaurus.4016

1: That’s on Malrona, Being poisoned by her makes you do 4-5x more dmg, 73k is low for this boss, as warrior you should easily reach 90-100k with the full chain of 100b.

2: try this build
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-k;4B2FY0w4Z0kY0;9;4T99J-27A5;05;035;25c1;0R;0udbTudbTm-knF6;1Fb-V1-60B1G2LZR_-30C-2i;9;9;9;9;9;9;0VRU

stack 15 might + 40 sec fury to yourself and team, then bash away with LT hammer on water attunement with auto attack only.
should make you do equal if not more dps then the average warrior.
If you hit a average of 11-13k crit on the third hit you are doing it correct.

Intricacy [iV]
Seafarer’s Rest
My Youtube channel

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Watch the video, give your thoughts.

I think you guys have too much time on your hands.

If people are doing this it is causing me 0 discomfort.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Elliyana.8936

Elliyana.8936

This one a better screenshot then?

Anyway, I’m tired of LH gimmick build, if you conjure it while in a zerg, it’s generally going to picked up by another player, so we’ll be doing 25 hits then back to subpar damage skill while waiting for the cooldown on LH. Getting downed makes us lose our conjured weapon as well. I don’t mind the FGS Fiery Rush, gives eles one more option besides LH, don’t take the fun away.

Attachments:

Debbysaurus.4016

This is not a zerg build, it’s for structured / organized teams.
If you plan to zerg in pve you shouldn’t need to worry about dps.

anyway, this dmg in the screenshot is still low.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlXHdKxaOVI

Intricacy [iV]
Seafarer’s Rest
My Youtube channel

Quarktastic.1027

Immobilize doesn’t prevent you from dodge rolling.

PffffFFFfhHhHAAAHAAAHAAAAHAAAA….

Oh wait, are you being serious??

I don’t suppose you know what an evasion frame is, or that you get them every time you press the dodge roll key.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I’m sure there are thousands of players out there that choose to main an elementalist so they could summon a lightning hammer, stand on top of a boss, and auto attack to victory. I know that’s why I rolled mine.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Debbysaurus.4016

I’m sure there are thousands of players out there that choose to main an elementalist so they could summon a lightning hammer, stand on top of a boss, and auto attack to victory. I know that’s why I rolled mine.

i’m sure there are, but there is so much more to a ele then just that.
ANYWAY….

let’s get back on topic please.

Intricacy [iV]
Seafarer’s Rest
My Youtube channel

ilr.9675

I don’t suppose you know what an evasion frame is, or that you get them every time you press the dodge roll key.

You said dodge rolling… not evasion. (I evade all the time while immob’d).

Reduces damage, but we’re talking about a long multi-packet attack with extreme DPS.
Moving out of it’s path is required to survive it

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

But you cannot use the dodge move while immobilized. It doesn’t work. It does nothing.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

exactly…
And once they will fix this stuff pve ele will be so unviable they will be forced to finally do something.

I m tired to play a dumbed down copy of a warrior.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Debbysaurus.4016

bump.
Get on topic now pls, no1 gives adamm about dodging.

Intricacy [iV]
Seafarer’s Rest
My Youtube channel

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I know about this technique, showed it to a guildie of mine today, pretty awesome, I asked about it in the dungeon forum a while ago and they said it does around 70 attacks, now, assuming you’re in an organized party with 25 stacks of perception/bloodlust, each attack will land around 3k damage, that’s over 200k damage in less than 3 seconds (SUCK IT WARRIORS!!!), if done right, which is very hard to achieve on small targets and it’s a situational attack.

IMO, it’s not an exploit, but it’s not a very legit technique, grouping it with skipping lupi and safe spots is not fair, it’s somewhere in the grey area, don’t think anet intended fiery rush to be used like that though. Another reason why you shouldn’t use that in a guide video is because it’s OP, it will kill the boss so fast viewers won’t be able to understand the boss, it’s like using rT’s lupi 13s kill as a reference to teaching someone about lupi, they won’t understand any kitten of what’s going on and they’re just left with a way on how to kite him down really fast without understanding anything.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Debbysaurus.4016

i do agree with everything you say but it’s taking advantage of a un intended mechanic, thats what defines it as an exploit.

Intricacy [iV]
Seafarer’s Rest
My Youtube channel

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

It’s been that way since release.

They’re about to finally fix it.

It’s the only good thing Ele’s do dmg wise so leave them alone.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Are Define too scared to post this in the dungeon forum knowing it’ll just get mocked for the sham it is?

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. You get a speed clear time beaten, start whining about an “exploit” yet ignore the fact that you shadow refuge through blossoms (totally legit, amirite?) and that you skip on SE p3 after the first boss, because that jump is totally intended. What about feedback on Lupi? Or feedback on Malrona (or any other poison = DPS boost bosses like champ spiders in Arah)? Why aren’t you begging for that to be nerfed when that deals hundreds of thousands of damage within seconds as well?

Grow up.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

I think someone from anet commented (in a live stream) that the trail damage from firy rush is unintended.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

The use of bear form and fiery rush is so situational and trivial it is pretty much not viable.

For the most part, it will get your party wiped. Sure there are a few places where it is easier to pull off, but that accounts for let’s say, 0.01% of all monster spawns in the game.

- using Bear Form leaves you without utilities
- using FGS or Bear Form leaves you without support like guardian hammer
- forcing a lot of dungeon bosses into a wall and stacking on them will get you wiped pretty fast due to the bosses mechanics, and lack of utilities/support.
- CoE/alpha is 100% viable, but that dungeon has always resulted in stacking alpha against a wall, so killing him a little faster due to fiery rush doesn’t even matter, until stacking him gets fixed.

It is more trouble than it is worth.

Let ele’s/people have their fun, it’s not breaking the game.

Posted by: bookman.9260

bookman.9260

This video displays a clear double standard of FGS rush and the whirl skills. They were both intended as gap closers and movement skills and both skills allow maximum damage against walls. a whirl skill shouldn’t be dealing so much damage either if used against a wall. The only difference in terms of how FGS rush is an exploit is the amount of damage it deals, they both exploit walls. imo they are both exploits, if you can call them that, personally I think it’s good strategy and should stay.

Posted by: Eir Jordan.2156

Eir Jordan.2156

The hypocrisy displayed in your video when it comes to whirl versus rush is absolutely astounding. Furthermore I am unsure what the point of this topic is other than a cry for sympathy after your video on the subject got trashed in the youtube ratings. Your constant pleading for people to get on topic is unintentionally hilarious. Your speed clear times got utterly destroyed and so you made a video to try and defend away your lack of success compared to others. This is laughable…

Yes those are my thoughts on the subject. Come post it in the dungeon section of the forum where this belongs if you have a shred of courage and dignity <3

EDIT:
P.S. Please everybody get back on topic and only discuss this subject in the narrow confines that Debby has “defined”…

(edited by Eir Jordan.2156)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s just thinking out of the box. Not an exploit, but also not intended by Anet. It will likely get nerfed so hard that the FGS will be completely worthless in all circumstances.

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Yeah, why didn’t you post this in the dungeon forum, that’s where it should be, and why aren’t you asking anet to fix other exploits like safe spot in mage crusher or belka or skipping bosses, honestly, I think this is more complaining that someone beat your records than it is asking anet to fix an “exploit”, also, fiery rush can can only be used in dungeons, anet doesn’t care about dungeons and for kitten’s sake don’t nerf eles dps anymore…

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over