Fight Fire With Fire..Say No to Warriors

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

Not to mention further dividing the players, that’ll work real well.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

Posted by: Neverathome.8349

Neverathome.8349

Vayne.8563:
I was just thinking about this, and you know, I hardly ever run a dungeon WITH a warrior. Almost never. Oh, ocassionally here and there, but they’re the real exception to the rule. And then I thought about it….
Why not make dungeon groups and exclude warriors from them. Just post something on gw2lfg.com that looks like this.
Want to run SE Path 1…warriors need not apply!
First it would be funny to see how they like it, particularly if lots of people start doing it, but more, it would give everyone else a chance to get in their dungeon runs, without kowtowing to the efficiency slaves.
I think it’s a good move.

I think it’s a great idea. It might actually send a message where it’s needed to the Devs to show them we’re tired of the wide spread elitist nonsense, we want groups without issues, and we want our classes properly balanced so this kind of virtual bigotry doesn’t continue.
/signed
and engineer

The next op or fotm class will be engineer,then we can exclude them from dungeon’s
wtf are you saying man.pls just think for a moment!

there are other way’s to succesfully solve this problem.

Kind regard’s again;)

(edited by Neverathome.8349)

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Regardless of the game, or “New” mechanics, and no defined classes, cookie cutter builds seem to always emerge. My experience with GW1 taught me one thing, don’t sweat the FOTM builds. They will not last.

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

I play guardians and warriors (and an ele and a mesmer, but that is not important for this post). When I advertise in LFG I advertise “please no speed/farming runs” to avoid the 4 warrior/1 mesmer (or 3 warrior, 1 guardian, 1 mesmer) crowd. I think having mixed groups educate, you learn a lot more even in CoF1 how professions can work together.

That said, if OP’s call goes through I have no alternative than to go back to the speedrun crowd. Your choice

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

What anet is doing is an insult to PvE players

We get constant nerfs to PvE due to PvP played by few players….

While PvE is awfully broken.
GW2 guardian and warriors 2

Dont even try to pretend any class can do everything in PvE…while its true having 5X sustained DPS makes the difference in ANY pve situation (from ARAH to lvl 40 fotms etc etc).

But its pve who cares of balance? not Anet for sure (they will split skills? will i get war dps with mesmer or ele? if not that who cares).

Well the new talk about separating WVW skills from PVE skills could help. AS they have been doing blanket nerfs/buffs, which was less efficient. If they do implement this idea, it may help a lot with the frustration some feel in either PVE or WVW. I for one hate anything that makes pve play more annoying simply because a skill of mine is being used in an OP way in WVW or SPVP..

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Fight prejudice with prejudice?? Ridiculous.

I go out of my way to not join any group that excludes certain professions, newbies or asks for gear-pings.

Also, I just got my warrior to 80! Don’t exclude me! lol

It’s not a serious post…it’s a post made to illustrate the ridiculous of it all. As I said, I only run with guildies and I take any profession.

I’m just satirizing a ridiculous situation. I guess it didn’t come off that way. This is my protest against the efficiency crowd that’s all.

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Ah sorry Vayne, the issues of loss of tone in text posts

Vayne.8563

Ah sorry Vayne, the issues of loss of tone in text posts

Yeah, I was being somewhat flippant. I thought people would get that by now, particularly with my answers in all the threads about zerker warriors, and how some of us play without worrying about the extra five minutes a dungeon might take.

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Oh wai.. I also have a guardian, thief, engi and soon will have a mesmer too. And also have a low-level alt for every other class, which I can quickly level up if need be. All this “let’s exclude warriors” is so childish. Meh.

Instead of thinking about the team and taking the best class for the job you keep thinking about yourselves and insist on bringing inferior professions. Have some respect for people you’re doing dungeons with. Or you could farm cs with your dearly rangers and engis.

I’m all up for balance of classes. But atm the right way to do is roll a guardan+warrior+mesmer and be a good teammate till the time changes.

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

Everyone in fotm cheers when i have a guardian.

Posted by: MaelStrom.6175

MaelStrom.6175

Let me tell you my experience. I rolled a warrior way back and the reason for that was I saw a shout warrior put in so much work and support I was in awe. So accordingly I mid led my warrior the same way and freaking loved it, countless times I’ve watched DPS classes go down and thank me when I rez em and bust out the shouts, it was if I was the glue to the party. Anyways I decided for a change so I bought all dragonic zerk gear and tried it out…my God is it boring, sure you DPS a lot more but that’s it, its all about YOUR DPS and YOU only
Needless to say I found a happy medium between zerk and PVHp that’s fits my play style perfect

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I was just thinking about this, and you know, I hardly ever run a dungeon WITH a warrior. Almost never. Oh, ocassionally here and there, but they’re the real exception to the rule. And then I thought about it….

Why not make dungeon groups and exclude warriors from them. Just post something on gw2lfg.com that looks like this.

First it would be funny to see how they like it, particularly if lots of people start doing it, but more, it would give everyone else a chance to get in their dungeon runs, without kowtowing to the efficiency slaves.

What about us new warriors that just want to have fun and experience the dungeon for the first time? Will you shun us because of the majority of players who use them for speed runs?

Vayne.8563

What about us new warriors that just want to have fun and experience the dungeon for the first time? Will you shun us because of the majority of players who use them for speed runs?

No, I’m not shunning anyone. Read the rest of the thread. This thread is basically making fun of the perceived problem of warriors.

My guild usually runs dungeons in guild and we don’t care what profession anyone is. lol

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

It wouldn’t bother me. (my main is a Warrior who I’ve played since October) I wont group with anyone who says “no (insert class here)” or makes any other special requirement. When one is trying to fill a group you dang sure aint got room to be picky.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

(edited by Huck.1405)

Posted by: achensherd.2735

achensherd.2735

“GLF3M CoF Exp 1 Rangers only! Everyone else GTFO!” :P

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Oh wai.. I also have a guardian, thief, engi and soon will have a mesmer too. And also have a low-level alt for every other class, which I can quickly level up if need be. All this “let’s exclude warriors” is so childish. Meh.

Instead of thinking about the team and taking the best class for the job you keep thinking about yourselves and insist on bringing inferior professions. Have some respect for people you’re doing dungeons with. Or you could farm cs with your dearly rangers and engis.

I’m all up for balance of classes. But atm the right way to do is roll a guardan+warrior+mesmer and be a good teammate till the time changes.

You clearly have no respect for your potential “good teammates” if you consider the Professions they play “inferior” because they are not the ones you use. See who’s really thinking for himself/herself in here:

“I want my goals to be met ASAP, so I need people to use what I want them to use, otherwise they are being selfish for not catering to my efficiency needs!”

Yep, it doesn’t make sense, and you know it. There’s a balance between what our individuals needs are, and those of the group. None should be fully sacrificed for each other. The group leader would be selfish in requiring everything his/her way to do things as efficiently as possible, the individual player would be at fault is his/her individuals playstyle demands were unreasonable (wants to play without armor, just pressing auto-attack, etc.) If you don’t think it’s “reasonable” to use the “inferior Professions” that’s your bias and your problem, not players being “selfish” and not caring for the needs of the group (go find like-minded players, which will probably be easy at this point.)

There’s no inferior Profession in the game, all are fun to different kind of players and do different things. You can blame it all you want on GW2 “being only about DPS”, but that’s your limited perspective on the game, which shouldn’t be applied to everybody else. People may be having superior results with an “inferior” Profession when they know it well and have fun playing with it, as opposed as just grabbing a copy and paste Profession and build from youtube to be efficient “like everybody else” and to supposedly become a “good teammate” (but really, a clone) for its own sake.

To be fair, I don’t mind whatever you run, but that “inferior Profession” talk is just nonsense, no personal offense intended. All things(builds/Professions/playstyles/preferences) have a right to grow.

(edited by Star Ace.5207)

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

You know, the need for a particular profession in a run of anything only comes up in my guild in a few rare cases: high end FotM, some instances of WvW (“need some mesmers for a golem rush!”) and the like, but its all pretty uncommon.

Everyone gets to run whatever they want to run; one of our officers only runs a necro and an engineer, and a mesmer for jumping puzzles. thats it. And she has a blast.

Frankly, like I said, except in a few specific situations, we don’t care about class at all. I’m surprised other people make such a big deal about it.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

that’s no fun though. I have a warrior, but I choose not to bring it to dungeons. Weird combinations work in weird ways and I normally block elitists that exclude people from their group just because of their class.

Posted by: Jordan.6157

Jordan.6157

Does it matter? Not like this game has any structure to dungeons.

Vayne.8563

Or some people are just not able to see the structure of dungeons.

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

I’ve already been doing this. Well, a few months ago, a few friends and I. Since I’ve just started playing the game properly for the first time in a couple of months now the pain from a torrent of molten freaking stupidity that comes hand-in-hand with many Warrior players has dissipated a bit.

They didn’t appreciate it, honestly – but hey, if they want to “check gear on apply” when people join their CoF groups then I want to “check profession on apply” when people join mine. We don’t want you Warriors, there are plenty of other groups for you.

Eh, this subject gets me riled. This isn’t to say all Warriors are imbeciles.

Just most.

That is such a shame, because it really really should.

Well before release I was lead to believe Dungeons would be epic adventures with minor events, cool loot, dangerous foes. Ascalonian Catacombs in Beta showed promise, then after release it got nerfed, and transpired it was actually one of the harder dungeons (at the time)…they just got easier and substantially less epic.

(edited by Sarie.1630)

Posted by: Aegis.9354

Aegis.9354

Maybe all proffesions should have the same health pool as warrior so we all can viably go zerker…

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Maybe Warrior should have access to Protection, perma-Vigor, summons, AoE-anti-projectile and invulnerability (on short CD).

Vayne.8563

I’ve already been doing this. Well, a few months ago, a few friends and I. Since I’ve just started playing the game properly for the first time in a couple of months now the pain from a torrent of molten freaking stupidity that comes hand-in-hand with many Warrior players has dissipated a bit.

They didn’t appreciate it, honestly – but hey, if they want to “check gear on apply” when people join their CoF groups then I want to “check profession on apply” when people join mine. We don’t want you Warriors, there are plenty of other groups for you.

Eh, this subject gets me riled. This isn’t to say all Warriors are imbeciles.

Just most.

That is such a shame, because it really really should.

Well before release I was lead to believe Dungeons would be epic adventures with minor events, cool loot, dangerous foes. Ascalonian Catacombs in Beta showed promise, then after release it got nerfed, and transpired it was actually one of the harder dungeons (at the time)…they just got easier and substantially less epic.

Have you tried it since they redid it? AC I mean.

Posted by: NoobOnSteroid.7192

NoobOnSteroid.7192

It might actually send a message where it’s needed to the Devs to show them we’re tired of the wide spread elitist nonsense, we want groups without issues.

Yes, because nothing sends out a message like doing the exact same thing, except you’re “doing it out of protest”?

If you’re against elitism, you just group with whoever wants to group with you. No strings attached, no complaining. If someone seems to not know what they need to do in a certain dungeon, you explain it to them. No cursing, no name-calling, just working towards your common goal (which is finishing the dungeon).

This is not something the devs have to solve. There will always be a most efficient way to do something, no matter what the devs buff/nerf. This is something the community has to do for themselves.

I’m a warrior main, and you’re all welcome to join any of my parties (yes, that includes you, OP).

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Out of the 110 listings on the front page of gw2lfg.com there are only 16 asking for warrior.

You are making a problem where one does not exist.

is there any experienced players that can clearly says DPS warriors don t make a HUGE impact on a dungeon Group?

No?
Try one of the smart DPS barrier they put in fotm (lets say 40) with and without a war….
Its way more than ridiculous.

I honestly don’t notice any difference. I don’t really care about what classes people use.

But well, I don’t use timer when playing.

you don t need 1 when a 3 man party with 1 warriors kills the uncategorized fractal boss in poison room before 3rd Crystal at 30+

Try the same without a war.
Try to kill veteran grawls without wars at 40….
Its just stupid the dps difference is not 2X is something along 5-10X expecially since its sustained damage.

But the point is…
If you don t see how ridiculous and disgusting is the insane war dps, and how makes any ENDGAME dungeon an easy mode, you probably never saw competitive PvE groups.

As i said there is a reason if war/guard only parties have Always been the first to clear difficult paths, reach 80 at fotm and stuff like that.

TLDR
ANY fotm 30+/arah and stuff
With 1+war takes HALF time and is much easier

Maybe done without with double the effort and time AT LEAST.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Weird, I just did Fractals 32 with 2 Warriors, Guardian, Elementalist and Necromancer (omg!).
That run was much smoother and faster than the one yesterday, with Guardian and 4 Warriors.

And do you seriously do 300-500 damage per hit?

Sarie.1630

Have you tried it since they redid it? AC I mean.

I’m a bit lost on updates at the moment; a little out of date. I remember before I took my partial break there was an update to AC everyone was up-in-arms about that made it more difficult but I’m not sure if anything has happened since then.

Nevertheless, I maintain it needed it. A friend of mine kept telling me how it was impossible now. I tried it, with a PuG, and the biggest difficulty we faced was the stupid Ghost Eater bugging, yet again, on his new-style fight. I saw changes to the other bosses and such but it didn’t feel like it made a lot of difference. It’s certainly not as hard as it was on release, even after that update – but that’s not necessarily a bad thing because the first dungeon experience shouldn’t scare off newbies too much! That is, when they can get a group for it amongst the “L80 only” spammers.

No cursing, no name-calling, just working towards your common goal (which is finishing the dungeon).

From what I’ve experienced from playing through CoF so much (Other dungeons too, but not so much) – when you get a Warrior in your group there tends to be a mix of name calling, cursing or barking orders. Why? I guess they’re used to the way they do it in their efficiently built groups? Maybe they are just wannabe zerkers trying to push the group as fast as it will go because they lack the gear to enter the “real groups”, yet are just as impatient? The point is, it’s unpleasant. Just as Warriors want to minimise the risk of spending 20 seconds more on a run than they have to by scrutinising gear, some of us want to minimise our risk of facepalming/group anguish by denying such players access.

(edited by Sarie.1630)

Mirta.5029

Out of the 110 listings on the front page of gw2lfg.com there are only 16 asking for warrior.

You are making a problem where one does not exist.

is there any experienced players that can clearly says DPS warriors don t make a HUGE impact on a dungeon Group?

No?
Try one of the smart DPS barrier they put in fotm (lets say 40) with and without a war….
Its way more than ridiculous.

I honestly don’t notice any difference. I don’t really care about what classes people use.

But well, I don’t use timer when playing.

you don t need 1 when a 3 man party with 1 warriors kills the uncategorized fractal boss in poison room before 3rd Crystal at 30+

Try the same without a war.
Try to kill veteran grawls without wars at 40….
Its just stupid the dps difference is not 2X is something along 5-10X expecially since its sustained damage.

But the point is…
If you don t see how ridiculous and disgusting is the insane war dps, and how makes any ENDGAME dungeon an easy mode, you probably never saw competitive PvE groups.

As i said there is a reason if war/guard only parties have Always been the first to clear difficult paths, reach 80 at fotm and stuff like that.

TLDR
ANY fotm 30+/arah and stuff
With 1+war takes HALF time and is much easier

Maybe done without with double the effort and time AT LEAST.

are you playing this game to speed clear it or for fun?

Posted by: NoobOnSteroid.7192

NoobOnSteroid.7192

From what I’ve experienced from playing through CoF so much (Other dungeons too, but not so much) – when you get a Warrior in your group there tends to be a mix of name calling, cursing or barking orders.

Surely, you increase your chances of attracting performance-minded individuals when you’re running thé top speedclear location in the game (as you stated yourself), but that doesn’t warrant any generalization. Being jaded towards everyone with a specific profession because of a few individuals, doesn’t help anyone. Simply stating before you start the run, that you’re not in it for the speed, should weed out those individuals. It’s a couple of lines of chat, and it could save you all the anguish, without shutting out an entire profession.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Ravager.9628

Ravager.9628

Id like to add to this thread that I rolled a warrior from day one, not knowing how powerfull they are, infact the only taste i had of the warrior class, was in beta when I got one-two shotted in most events and was forced to constantly use ranged because melee was well, death.

So before starting threads like these, think of people who rolled warrior because they like being a kitten armored guy charging into things. I also have a ele and engineer alt, I do think ele is underpowered in PVE but engineer is extremly powerfull if played corectly as support, and makes up for the lack of DPS, by a lot!

Sarie.1630

[Edited by Moderator: Reply to a removed part of a post was deleted]

Surely, you increase your chances of attracting performance-minded individuals when you’re running thé top speedclear location in the game (as you stated yourself), but that doesn’t warrant any generalization. Being jaded towards everyone with a specific profession because of a few individuals, doesn’t help anyone. Simply stating before you start the run, that you’re not in it for the speed, should weed out those individuals. It’s a couple of lines of chat, and it could save you all the anguish, without shutting out an entire profession.

Rule 1. People lie to get into groups.

I’ve run groups before, to help out a Guildie for example, in order to introduce nervous players to Explorable Mode dungeons. Often it’ll just be two of us having to PuG the other three. I can advertise “teaching run”, “no rushing”, “kill everything” until I’m blue in the face. I’ll still get people applying who want to rush and skip as much as possible including not waiting that 30 seconds for me to type a basic explanation of the mechanics at play…though this will only come to light once you’re inside. Guess which profession is the biggest culprit.

During Beta I played Guardian, and loved it. I worried until release that Guardian would be seen as the “GW2 Wammo” that all Frenzy-Mending fans would flock to. I was so glad to find out they preferred Warrior.

I’m a reasonable person, even if the posts make out otherwise. I’m quite tolerant of most things, but after 5+ months of having to put up with the attitudes that come hand in hand with many who play “baby’s first DPS” – it’s just too much. Others evidently feel the same. I’d like to lift my blanket distrust of all things with Hundred Blades, really I would, but they’re going to need to re-earn that trust.

After some time off, I’m ready to give Warrior players another chance – we’ll see how it goes. I don’t have high hopes.

I do think ele is underpowered in PVE

Take care not to fall into that trap of “Elementalist = MMO Mage”. There are similarities but I find GW2 Elementalist to have far more inherent supportive options than a typical MMO Mage, which makes it a dodgy comparison to Warrior. Warrior has a few supportive options but they’re not as potent as Elementalist. That’s the trade-off.

I’m happy with the damage my Elementalist can throw out. It’s acceptable. It’s not as high as a Warrior’s for sure, and maybe that only matters in high level fractals but if high level fractals are just a DPS race as others imply… leave it to people who think that kind of thing is fun.

(edited by Moderator)

Vayne.8563

Id like to add to this thread that I rolled a warrior from day one, not knowing how powerfull they are, infact the only taste i had of the warrior class, was in beta when I got one-two shotted in most events and was forced to constantly use ranged because melee was well, death.

So before starting threads like these, think of people who rolled warrior because they like being a kitten armored guy charging into things. I also have a ele and engineer alt, I do think ele is underpowered in PVE but engineer is extremly powerfull if played corectly as support, and makes up for the lack of DPS, by a lot!

You should read the whole thread, instead of just the OP. I started this thread is more of a protest against the kind of player who actually insists you be X profession. It wasn’t a serious suggestion. It was an illustration of how stupid I think the whole thing is.

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

You should read the whole thread, instead of just the OP. I started this thread is more of a protest against the kind of player who actually insists you be X profession. It wasn’t a serious suggestion. It was an illustration of how stupid I think the whole thing is.

If someone says LF1M warrior and you are not warrior just don’t join. Think how stupid it is as much as you want, it’s not the players but insane PvE imbalance.

Mirta.5029

If someone says LF1M warrior and you are not warrior just don’t join. Think how stupid it is as much as you want, it’s not the players but insane PvE imbalance.

because you don’t play for fun, but rather to get everything faster faster faster? Why? What’s the point?

Posted by: Uncle Salty.6342

Uncle Salty.6342

Aren’t you the resident “it’s not anet, it’s you” forum poster.

Well here’s a solution.

Instead of playing the victim, form your own party. Solved.

This, consequentially is the result of game design, and not conveniently an elitist’s fault.

Play it your way. Form your own party. You remind me of one of those extreme labor unionists who used to lynch mob foreign immigrants.

Sarie.1630

because you don’t play for fun, but rather to get everything faster faster faster? Why? What’s the point?

It’s a competitive game. The PvE may not seem so on the whole, but players want to be richer than each other – the faster they farm dungeons, the quicker they make money.

Not a desire I share incidentally.

Sovta.4719

Cause i already played that dungeons many times and now i do it for armor. And cause mechanics of 95% dungeons are so boring/exploitable/buggy. Warrior is better then most other classes anyway in higher difficulty dungeons.
And i don’t grind, but there is so little challenging content left in this game and such small % of players who stayed and are willing/capable to do it. NERF!

Posted by: Uncle Salty.6342

Uncle Salty.6342

Cause i already played that dungeons many times and now i do it for armor. And cause mechanics of 95% dungeons are so boring/exploitable/buggy. Warrior is better then most other classes anyway in higher difficulty dungeons.
And i don’t grind, but there is so little challenging content left in this game and such small % of players who stayed and are willing/capable to do it. NERF!

Precisely.

In a thread on the same page, this guy says quite clearly, Living Story Sucks. Which I wholly agree.

Would’ve much prefered the resources spent revamping dungeons. That in itself would feel like new content, or at least, make current content enjoyable rather than passable.

Graphics are “GOTY” quality. Everything else, no.

Mirta.5029

I have ran all the dungeons to infinity, yet somehow wouldn’t want to bring my warrior to them. I’ve found many other classes to be so much more fun. Ever tried not exploiting dungeons? Not bugging them out?

Sarie.1630

In a thread on the same page, this guy says quite clearly, Living Story Sucks. Which I wholly agree.

Would’ve much prefered the resources spent revamping dungeons. That in itself would feel like new content, or at least, make current content enjoyable rather than passable.

When it comes to Living Story content I wish they could allow themselves to create L80 content. Proper L80 content. Everything seems like it has to be accessible instantly by all levels.

Southsun Cove – temporary upscaling to L80 so lowbies can participate in events.
Flame and Frost – all takes place in lowbie zones such that lowbies have something to do.

I’m not against including lowbies in some small way, but the meaty content needs to be aimed more at the established player base who are currently grubbing around for as much endgame as they can get.

Ever tried not exploiting dungeons? Not bugging them out?

Player responses when you suggest this are often priceless.

“We have to bug it or it’s impossible.”

(edited by Sarie.1630)

Sovta.4719

I have ran all the dungeons to infinity, yet somehow wouldn’t want to bring my warrior to them. I’ve found many other classes to be so much more fun. Ever tried not exploiting dungeons? Not bugging them out?

I did every dungeon without exploiting, ever did Simin (arah p4), CoF p3, SE p1 before nerf? (after that patrol waiting to pass “fix”)

Mirta.5029

I did every dungeon without exploiting, ever did Simin (arah p4), CoF p3, SE p1 before nerf? (after that patrol waiting to pass “fix”)

didn’t do arah p4 and cof p3 before the nerf, but I did do SE p1. I even remember having a funny problem there, of us wiping at first boss, respawning and being surrounded by 20 – 30 adds.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Remember in GW1 when they’d balance skills for PvE and PvP separately and nerfs / buffs in PvP wouldn’t affect PvE and vise-versa? The good old days.

Posted by: Johnson.3874

Johnson.3874

My main is a warrior.
I don’t play a berserker warrior (Full Soldier set). I don’t play a full dps build (0/0/25/30/15). I don’t ever use GS (Hammer/Axe+Shield).
And I wouldn’t want to group with you.

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

I can understand your frustration. I find something wrong when dungeons in a game like guild wars, are being run with “preferred” classes and builds. This, in a game that, says you don’t HAVE to play a certain way.

Not the warrior’s fault though. It’s a flavor of the month. Just wait, whatever class you are playing will be preferred at some point in time.

People have been waiting to be “the new Warrior” since BWE1. Good luck with that.

User was infracted for being awesome.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

My main is a warrior.
I don’t play a berserker warrior (Full Soldier set). I don’t play a full dps build (0/0/25/30/15). I don’t ever use GS (Hammer/Axe+Shield).
And I wouldn’t want to group with you.

Amen to that. I’m a dual sword warrior with rifle off-set. Condition damage build. I stomp face and never use a GS and it’s fun as hell to play.

12 Characters (1 being a low level farmer for certain items), 3 of them are warriors, 2 of them are 80. I don’t CoF 1 farm and I don’t use a GS in PvP.