Final Karka Event refund, remember?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fafnir.3960

Fafnir.3960

With this topic i just wanted to remember Anet, that they promised news about the refund on the chest, for people who spent over 2 hours in the event, to have it ruined just a step before it ended for many different bugs (Disconnecting, stuck at loading, texture bugs at the lava pools etc…).

It was really frustrating.

I don’t know if you guys forgot about it, because i didn’t, but recently i asked about it on Facebook, and i found my own comment deleted… i just hope you are not doing the same things politicians do in Italy, trying to shelve their mistakes!

Looking forward for any news.

(edited by Fafnir.3960)

Posted by: lolitsage.2185

lolitsage.2185

We haven’t forgotten, just…. patience. They said they’re working on a reward.for those who missed out.

Posted by: Levistis.8356

Levistis.8356

Lol….they have said they have a way to give all who participated a chest in the mail within a week or two. Dev tracker is your friend.

Magummadweller

Posted by: Pennderson.1698

Pennderson.1698

I received an email from support yesterday saying they will give rewards next week. Here was the reply:

Hello.

Thanks again for your patience while we looked into your issue with the Lost Shores event. We have confirmed that we can provide everyone who did not have the opportunity to loot the chest with a reward for their participation. All affected players will receive a reward regardless of whether or not they have contacted Support. We’re working very hard on this, and you should have a reward in your in-game mail early next week.

The Guild Wars Support Team

Posted by: Kromsin.6359

Kromsin.6359

Just move on. Only an in game item.

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

Patience you do not have.
Master Yoda.

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

They said they are working on it, remember? Do you think you are the only one?

Fafnir.3960

No i don’t think i’m the only one, that’s was the intention of the topic. To remeber Arena Net that it was not few having problems, but many… and the whole purpose of this topic is not saying “Hey i want my chest, NOW”, i’d like Arena Net to become more and more user friendly, by letting us know with some news now and then, at what point of solving the problem they are.
I know that they told us on facebook and other social networks, that they were working on this problem… but then it sunk into oblivion. I think i’m not the only one who’d appreciate ANY news, because it means that they care.

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

No i don’t think i’m the only one, that’s was the intention of the topic. To remeber Arena Net that it was not few having problems, but many… and the whole purpose of this topic is not saying “Hey i want my chest, NOW”, i’d like Arena Net to become more and more user friendly, by letting us know with some news now and then, at what point of solving the problem they are.
I know that they told us on facebook and other social networks, that they were working on this problem… but then it sunk into oblivion. I think i’m not the only one who’d appreciate ANY news, because it means that they care.

Pennderson.1698
I received an email from support yesterday saying they will give rewards next week. Here was the reply:
Hello.
Thanks again for your patience while we looked into your issue with the Lost Shores event. We have confirmed that we can provide everyone who did not have the opportunity to loot the chest with a reward for their participation. All affected players will receive a reward regardless of whether or not they have contacted Support. We’re working very hard on this, and you should have a reward in your in-game mail early next week.

You must have patience to read what other ppl posted…..

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.

Fafnir.3960

Pennderson.1698
Hello.

You must have patience to read what other ppl posted…..

I’ve read that, but it’s a one-person only response to a ticket. One has to make a support ticket for it (and personally i don’t think that making a ticket is the most proper way, since it will increase the burden of work Arena Net has to do).
I think that a news on the forum or even just a reply on the topics would be enough.

Posted by: Vakirauta.6397

Vakirauta.6397

Well, they might be working. But I’m sure as hell we are not going to get what other people did. Like 2 precursors from a chest.

The Iron Butterfly

Posted by: Valtameri.2075

Valtameri.2075

Well, they might be working. But I’m sure as hell we are not going to get what other people did. Like 2 precursors from a chest.

Yeah highly unlikely. If we get the bag and the ring, i’ll be happy enough.

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

I really hope that new statue they’re building in LA is actually a giant Ancient Karka holding a placard that says NEVER FORGET 11/16/2012

Fafnir.3960

Yeah like a gigantic monolith with the names of everyone that has fallen. Like million names listed ^^, and then a smaller monolith for the ones who lost their… connection! ._.

Buy anyway, the loot must be equal, with the same change of looting the same exact number of items of course. We took part of the whole event, why should we get reduced loot?

(edited by Fafnir.3960)

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

Yeah like a gigantic monolith with the names of everyone that has fallen. Like million names listed ^^, and then a smaller monolith for the ones who lost their… connection! ._.

Buy anyway, the loot must be equal, with the same change of looting the same exact number of items of course. We took part of the whole event, why should we get reduced loot?

Yeah I do think folks who DC’ed should get a box that gives you the event specific rewards and basically the same roll potential as the event chest (so like random 2 exotics, 2 random rares I believe).

Posted by: Thuran.7624

Thuran.7624

Hmm, reading the message again, i notice they use the wording: " a reward for their participation", which seems like a way of going “yeah, you are still kittened in terms of the chest you missed because of us, so we will give you some token compensation that isn’t actual compensation.”.

I hope I am wrong, but with the scope of the problem and how many people were affected, and that, according to what people mentioned in the thread, the halloween folks got the full reward, I will be severely pissed if the compensation doesn’t at least ends up being comparative. It is still 3 hours of work that went down the drain because Anet couldn’t make sure their servers were functional on the day of the event.

Posted by: grizzlebizzle.9371

grizzlebizzle.9371

I got the same message. It remains to be seen what it will be and if it will be limited to people who did the event but didn’t get any reward, but the wording does not sound very promising. They could send out a minipet to every character in the game and call it even and that wouldn’t contradict the email at all.

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

i posted this in the now-buried ex-sticky semi-official thread the other day:

The sceptic in me imagines that this reward has taken so long because it involves creating a T-Shirt to be worn as Town Clothes which says:

I Took Part In The Ancient Karka Event And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt

then someone replied…

“Would be the first time i have bothered with town clothes, i would wear it.”

:p

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello everyone,

As stated several times in this thread, rewards for thoses who were disconnected during the last part of the Lost Shore event, will be delivered soon.

However we can’t give you an exact date, as our teams are still working on it.

You can keep you up to date with the News and Announcements sub-forum.

Than you for your understanding & patience.