Finally! Fractals have some worth!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Who else is excited for this?! Spending a kitten ton of money and being time gated for 2 weeks is great and all (/sarcasm) but they finally did it! A reason to run the high end pve content!

THANK YOU ANET! Much love <3

P.S. To all you zergers who are whining because you cant be spoon fed or just given the weps, ZIP IT!

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Posted by: Pelagato.6092

Pelagato.6092

So confuse… What are you talking about…?

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

It’s just a bad attempt at trolling. Move on.

rjnemer.7816

“First off, crafting is not the only way to get Ascended Weapons! Anywhere you can get an Ascended Material drop or an Ascended item drop there is also a rare chance that you will get an Ascended Weapon chest that allows you to choose which weapon type you want from within a stat combo”

There is only one place where ascended materials drop. FRACTALS (and prob WvW). Unless they add them to dungeons or Queensdale. Which they will probably end up doing because people will complain fractals are to hard. Even though at lvl 48 they are still a breeze :/

rjnemer.7816

It’s just a bad attempt at trolling. Move on.

You sir cannot read apparently.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

“First off, crafting is not the only way to get Ascended Weapons! Anywhere you can get an Ascended Material drop or an Ascended item drop there is also a rare chance that you will get an Ascended Weapon chest that allows you to choose which weapon type you want from within a stat combo”

There is only one place where ascended materials drop. FRACTALS (and prob WvW). Unless they add them to dungeons or Queensdale. Which they will probably end up doing because people will complain fractals are to hard. Even though at lvl 48 they are still a breeze :/

Assuming you get an Ascended drop in the first place, what will the likelihood be that you will get the stats you want? Of the Exotic weapon drops I’ve gotten, all but a couple have Healing Power as the main stat.

Regardless, good luck and have fun. My cynicism is not aimed at you, but at ANet.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

they don’t mention it being exclusive to fractals. Chances are it will drop anywhere, just like precursors, but be just as rare as precursors.

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

You are wrong, sorry to say. In the live stream, the dev mentioned a couple of the new different ascended crafting mats. And if anything they “force” you out into the world more than anything else.

Don’t quote me on this, as I’m going from memory:
W crating mat drops from temples in orr and <blank> in WvW
X crafting mat drops from jumping puzzles and camps in WvW
Y crafting mat drops from world bosses and keeps in WvW
Z crafting mat only drops from salvaging exotics (don’t know if that’s guaranteed or rnd)
Z2 crating mat costs 20 skill points (and maybe some other things)

etc.
(like I said I may have mismatched the WvW to the PvE content, but those 5, and maybe 1-2 more were all mentioned, each for a specific crafting mat)

If I recall, the unrefined mat is account bound, but the refined version (which are time gated to 1/day, and cost a good number (50) of t5 common crafting mats or t2-4 crafting mats) are sellable on the tp.

Sorry to say fractals were not mentioned (unless champ bags were mentioned, which I can’t remember).

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

So they think that keep = crappy world boss.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

Assuming you get an Ascended drop in the first place, what will the likelihood be that you will get the stats you want? Of the Exotic weapon drops I’ve gotten, all but a couple have Healing Power as the main stat.

Regardless, good luck and have fun. My cynicism is not aimed at you, but at ANet.

EDIT: i think you actually are right, nevermind. You get to choose what weapon but not what stat, if i understood it correctly this time.

Apologies : I

(edited by Gathslan.1870)

Wallace MacBix.2089

So they think that keep = crappy world boss.

Sorry, like I said, I can’t remember which PvE thing went with which WvW thing. Something that wasn’t clear, (to me at least); do we get those mats 1/day/account as well? Or 1/event/day/account?

Basically, can I do 10 (different) jps in 1 day to get 10 of X ascended crafting mat? (but still only refine 1/day) Or can I mix and match PvE and WvW content? Considering the refinement is gated I assume so, but if anyone understood it better than me, let me know.

On the plus side, PvE and WvW can both gain the mats. On the down side (for us) we’ll have to hop around more to get all of the different mats we need. So if you don’t like JPs, for example, hope you don’t need that crafting mat for your gear (or you’ll have to wait for someone to put up the refined thing for you to buy). But on the flip side, Anet wants people to go experience a little bit of everything.

rjnemer.7816

If you are going to kitten at least do so informed, they said that you get to CHOOSE what stats you want once you get a drop. CHOOSE, so you will get whatever stat you want.

Now what you should be shedding tears over instead is what weapon will drop, you do not know if you will get the weapon you want once you get a drop. Now start crying about that instead please.

That feeling when you get a fractal wep skin that you can use >

Wallace MacBix.2089

If you are going to kitten at least do so informed, they said that you get to CHOOSE what stats you want once you get a drop. CHOOSE, so you will get whatever stat you want.

Now what you should be shedding tears over instead is what weapon will drop, you do not know if you will get the weapon you want once you get a drop. Now start crying about that instead please.

I thought the wording was, you get to pick which weapon, but not which stat combo:

Anywhere you can get an Ascended Material drop or an Ascended item drop there is also a rare chance that you will get an Ascended Weapon chest that allows you to choose which weapon type you want from within a stat combo.

Posted by: Khairiya.7240

Khairiya.7240

Actually, the opposite of this. Blog post says you “choose which weapon type you want from within a stat combo”, meaning that the stat combo is fixed but you can then take any weapon you like to go with it.

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Boxes with ascended weapons can drop ANYWHERE, new ascended crafting materials will drop in WvW, Dungeons, World events etc.

I think that once you open the chest you will have a menu similar to the one where you claim Zenith skins. Then once you use it another window will appear with stat combination to chose from, just like they shown it with legendary weapons in the newest video.

(edited by Venirto.4208)

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

You can drop them also in dungeons, jumping puzzles and more places, they wrote a blogpost about it. I’ll never come Back To fractal sowwy

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Actually, the opposite of this. Blog post says you “choose which weapon type you want from within a stat combo”, meaning that the stat combo is fixed but you can then take any weapon you like to go with it.

That’s the way I read that line also. Whichever, though, you’re at the mercy of RNG — they’ve just replaced one of the two RNG components with choice.

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

they don’t mention it being exclusive to fractals. Chances are it will drop anywhere, just like precursors, but be just as rare as precursors.

My thoughts exactly, we all know Anet’s definition of rare = foorrrrrgeeet about it.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

There is only one place where ascended materials drop.

Fractals (existing)
Jump Puzzles (new)
Mini-dungeons (new)
Every WvW structure (New)
Mega-boss events (new)

I’m seeing rather more the “one” place to look for them.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.