Finally Understand who GW2 Demographic is!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

I love how people seem to think that Anet employees are all some kind of gods that can literally work on any part of the game. As cool as that would be, it is unfortunately not the case. The people that work at Anet do different jobs. The ones that worked on the SAB are not the same ones that would do any of the things some of the entitled people here say they should be.

What the SAB does do is prove a concept: puzzle dungeons and puzzle bosses can exist in an MMORPG format and people will play them.

The “entitled” people “demand” to know whether is this going to be a permanent feature of the game, since the concept is “proven”. Maybe NCSoft is planning a platformer MMO and GW2 is the testbed. Or whether does it bring in needed revenue for GW2?

http://qq.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1beyqg/petition_keep_super_adventure_box_in_guild_wars_2/

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

GW2 is like a good girlfriend who gives you space when you need it. WoW is like the bad ex who’s always keeping tabs on where you are. Just like good girlfriends are hard to find, GW2 is a rare gem in the MMO market. For all its flaws, it’s the best MMO on the market, just like the small imperfection that makes a girl interesting.

Unless you are trying to get ascended gear. Then she checks up on you every single day.

Also, that good girlfriend makes you roll a couple die to see if you get a good night kiss. Get 6-6 or get no kiss.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Unless you are trying to get ascended gear. Then she checks up on you every single day.

Also, that good girlfriend makes you roll a couple die to see if you get a good night kiss. Get 6-6 or get no kiss.

Dude, u dont have nerd cred. You should have said roll 20 on d20. At times it feels like 20 20s on 20d20.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

Geikamir.6329

Dude, u dont have nerd cred. You should have said roll 20 on d20.

Then it wouldn’t have been so catchy and rhymey.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Just one question to the OP, are you Finnish? Would explain everything about the sauna.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

GW2 is like a good girlfriend who gives you space when you need it. WoW is like the bad ex who’s always keeping tabs on where you are. Just like good girlfriends are hard to find, GW2 is a rare gem in the MMO market. For all its flaws, it’s the best MMO on the market, just like the small imperfection that makes a girl interesting.

RNG in GW2 is more forgiving than any other MMO out there. What are your chances to get the exact piece of gear you need after a raid on WoW for example?
Plus now imagine you didn’t have to roll. Everyone got everything. What would happen to the market?

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

Please don’t use facts and logic. Some people don’t like to be confronted with cold numbers.

Just as a thought experiment, regardless of demographic. How much disposable income would a gamer have who plays 10 hours a day, 7 days a week?

I understand where you are coming from, but the OP used the “d” word. It was too tempting to pass up.

To answer your thought experiment. Very little unless they lived in the Pacific. Rim..

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: Kakeru.2873

Kakeru.2873

Just one question to the OP, are you Finnish? Would explain everything about the sauna.

Nope, I’m African/Portuguese. I don’t get it , did I talk about saunas I’m so confused now

Posted by: Kakeru.2873

Kakeru.2873

Please don’t use facts and logic. Some people don’t like to be confronted with cold numbers.

Just as a thought experiment, regardless of demographic. How much disposable income would a gamer have who plays 10 hours a day, 7 days a week?

I understand where you are coming from, but the OP used the “d” word. It was too tempting to pass up.

To answer your thought experiment. Very little unless they lived in the Pacific. Rim..

What’s the d word?

Posted by: vladracul.6798

vladracul.6798

Yup and they use The Dreamer to target bronies, Necros for all the emo people out there, engies for steampunk lovers, rangers for animal lovers, and the Kraitkin for anime lovers.

My gawd, they got all their bases covered O.o

LOL xD
by the look of many legendary skins… i would say their demographic is 7-13 yrs old …

Geikamir.6329

RNG in GW2 is more forgiving than any other MMO out there. What are your chances to get the exact piece of gear you need after a raid on WoW for example?
Plus now imagine you didn’t have to roll. Everyone got everything. What would happen to the market?

-Imagine a job where someone got paid a wage that they expected and were informed of before doing the work.
-Imagine a product that people could buy that had a price tag with the exact cost to purchase it listed.

What would the world be like with such crazy stipulations?

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

What’s the d word?

demographic

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: Torpian.9142

Torpian.9142

It’s a pretty valid point. I’m 33 and I feel like the game was made specifically for me – which I’m grateful for. I’d also like to see some content introduced that includes the OPs demographic – there is plenty there for my demographic already.

Wardens of Myth, Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Here are some demographics for you:

Average incomes as of 2011

Ages 15 to 24 — 30.5k
25 to 34 — 50.5k
35 to 44 — 62k
45 to 54 — 64k
55 to 65 — 56k

which of these groups do you think has the most disposable income? I think the 35 to 44 and the 45 to 54.

Who would you market a game for? me? The 35 to 44 and 45 to 54 groups.

gee who has done that? Arenanet

what is the game called? Guild Wars 2

Assuming you mean 10 hours a day, 7 days a week (average) – 70 hours a week
Assuming 2 days a week are off
Assuming 8 hours sleep time
Assuming 8 hour work days, 5 days a week

2 days per week at 16 hours waking time = 32 hours
5 days per week at 8 hours = 40 hours
That leaves 8 hours work and 8 hours sleep! (assuming you work from home too haha).

Ok off of a lot of assumptions, one COULD have that playtime and work full time. Might be a cruddy life though?

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

This isn’t the most bizarre thread, but it’s close. Ok I’ll shut up now and refill the popcorn. Carry on.