Finding Jumping Puzzles

Finding Jumping Puzzles

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, the game hints at some Jumping Puzzles with the Dailies. When you click on them, the map pans out, then back in to show the approximate location. So, there’s that.

But, I think they are supposed to be sort of ‘hidden treasures’, so I’m not sure if they could be added to the Content Guide, or something.

Still, something to think about. =)

Finding Jumping Puzzles

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I wouldn’t mind it, but I’d want a way to turn it off.

Exploring is one of my favourite things to do in this game (and most others) and I love the idea of finding something I wasn’t expecting. But it’s a lot less fun if I’m told as soon as I enter the zone what’s there to find.

It was exciting the first time I saw Morgan’s Spiral and immediately thought “oh, that must be one of those jumping puzzles they’ve talked about!”, but it was even more exciting when I was just making my way up the map, poking into caves and gullies as I went and jumping about on rocks and I found this one cave which seemed deeper than the others, then I started climbing the rocks at the back for no particular reason, then I found a little hole….at first I thought I’d actually gotten out of the map, then I realised I’d stumbled into another jumping puzzle, one I had no idea was there at all.

Many of my best memories of jumping puzzles are of realising when I was already part way through that I’d stumbled into a puzzle. And I have many other great memories of thinking I’d found a puzzle and discovering it was actually a mini dungeon, or a little easter egg, or simply an out of the way area that’s used during certain storylines.

So whilst I can understand that what you’re asking for would be helpful for some people if it was mandatory it would be very disappointing to me.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Finding Jumping Puzzles

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Exploring and discovery is important to me. To get a hint where a JP is just click in the hero menu, in the jumping puzzle section on the one you want and it will give a hint on what wp it is near, is that not enough?

Finding Jumping Puzzles

CMM.6712

I would hate to have a neon sign saying YO THE JP IS RIGHT HERE… I mean c’mon where is the fun in that?

Finding Jumping Puzzles

CMM.6712

Beyond the game there is Dulfy with her wonderful guides and youtube… not sure what more can/needs to be done.

Finding Jumping Puzzles

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Jumping Puzzles are called puzzles for a reason. Most of them also have indications that they are indeed puzzles. Look for subtle hints.

Like look at Troll’s Revenge in Lions Arch. You don’t really know where to go, but subtle hints (like the seagull poop) tell you that you’re in the right place, or at least going the right way.

Or, let’s say the Conundrum Cubed in Mt. Maelstrom. I immediately knew I was in a JP when I saw the cubes.

Or that one in Timberline Falls with the blue glowy spheres.

Hidden Garden was also organized in a manner that made you want to explore.

Scavengers Chasm was also set up so that you could collect all of the energy nodes.

Point is, JPs are relatively easy to recognize. They ARENT meant for everyone to find – they are simply places meant to “guard” treasure chests – the guard being the jumping puzzle itself.

Most achievements tell you the location of the JP, except for the Under New Management and the sanctums. But those you’ll find after enough WvW traveling.

Point is, they are all able to be found. Look for hints in the achievement, such as the name corresponding to names on the map of the done you’re in. Like Morgans Leap correlates to Morgans Spiral in Caledon Forest.

We don’t need arrows pointing us where to go. If you pass a JP, you pass it. Simple as that.

I’ve also ran into lots of players who blurted out certain JP whereabouts on map chat.

Finding Jumping Puzzles

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Jumping Puzzles are called puzzles for a reason. Most of them also have indications that they are indeed puzzles. Look for subtle hints.

Like look at Troll’s Revenge in Lions Arch. You don’t really know where to go, but subtle hints (like the seagull poop or tightfits) tell you that you’re in the right place, or at least going the right way.

Or, let’s say the Conundrum Cubed in Mt. Maelstrom. I immediately knew I was in a JP when I saw the cubes.

Or that one in Timberline Falls with the blue glowy spheres.

Hidden Garden was also organized in a manner that made you want to explore.

Scavengers Chasm was also set up so that you could collect all of the energy nodes.

Point is, JPs are relatively easy to recognize. They ARENT meant for everyone to find – they are simply places meant to “guard” treasure chests – the guard being the jumping puzzle itself.

Most achievements tell you the location of the JP, except for the Under New Management and the sanctums. But those you’ll find after enough WvW traveling.

Point is, they are all able to be found. Look for hints in the achievement, such as the name corresponding to names on the map of the done you’re in. Like Morgans Leap correlates to Morgans Spiral in Caledon Forest.

We don’t need arrows pointing us where to go. If you pass a JP, you pass it. Simple as that.

I’ve also ran into lots of players who blurted out certain JP whereabouts on map chat.

Finding Jumping Puzzles

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

since the expansion it is pretty easy to find jps

always when you have a “no gliding zone” sign on your char you should suspect a jp nearby

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Finding Jumping Puzzles

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

I would hate to have a neon sign saying YO THE JP IS RIGHT HERE… I mean c’mon where is the fun in that?

Wouldn’t be far off from a big green arrow pointing at where you need to go. Just saying.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Finding Jumping Puzzles

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

It would help though if new players knew that jumping puzzles even existed.
I got my first char to L 80 without even knowing such things were in the game.
Even if its nothing more than a message which says there is a jumping puzzle somewhere in this zone.

Finding Jumping Puzzles

CMM.6712

New players should press H and explore what they find in there more often!

Finding Jumping Puzzles

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Or new players could look at the Dailies offered each day, and voila! Jumping Puzzles with a method to show them where they are (approximately) on the map, right there next to the tiny compass. =)

Finding Jumping Puzzles

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

nah if people want to know where they are rather than exploring for them they should just look up a guide, leave the game itself as it is

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Finding Jumping Puzzles

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You can also look at the Wiki, which explains how to find the puzzle and how to complete it. Sometimes there’s links to videos too.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”