Finding people in overflow during halloween

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Betonboor.7154

Betonboor.7154

Halloween is coming up soon and I want to organize an event for my guild. We want to meet in Lion’s Arch and party! We are expecting Lion’s Arch to be the go-to place for halloween, so overflow is going to be inevitable.

I know you can join other people in an overflow if you are in the same party (“join in” feature), but that’s not enough to get an entire guild of around 100 man together. So I’m wondering, how can I get my entire guild together in the same overflow?

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

What you could do is form a party, get everyone in, form a new party, get everyone in and so on.

Yes it will be tedious, but it should work.

Alternatively, you could all try meeting out side LA and then attempt to enter at the same time.

Posted by: Stevoli.8795

Stevoli.8795

One option would be to have a check-in person, who invites members to his party and lets them join his instance.. that could take a while though. I don’t see any other way around it, unless you can right click “join in” from the guild window. (which I don’t think you can)

I’m eventually expecting to see something like guild halls, or guild housing areas, where we can have events like that.

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

This is one of the main reasons the instance list thing in gw1 was so nice. It was dead simple to get groups of people together in the same area with almost no effort. You just tell everyone which instance to meet up in and everyone joins it.

GW2 really needs that instance list feature for overflow servers.

Posted by: Miss Sugarific.8471

Miss Sugarific.8471

I didn’t even think of this. 8( Man, partying is gonna suck in GW2 with the whole overflow crap. There is no way everyone will fit on the normal server. Yeah, I wish they brought the GW1 districts back.

Stevoli.8795

If they did allow instance switching, it would be a nice way to look for non-bugged skill challenges and events as well.

But you know how that goes, as soon as they implemented it, people would start switching instances and farming the same crafting nodes and mobs in one area over and over.

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

If they did allow instance switching, it would be a nice way to look for non-bugged skill challenges and events as well.

But you know how that goes, as soon as they implemented it, people would start switching instances and farming the same crafting nodes and mobs in one area over and over.

What if they implement it for the cities only ?

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

Posted by: Crimsony.2514

Crimsony.2514

Lion’s Arch has a few crafting nodes.

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

There are 5 other major cities in Tyria. Why not go to one of them with your guild and I’m sure you’ll all get in.

I don’t understand why it has to specifically be Lion’s Arch that you go to. I surely understand why it’s a central hub with most of the Asura Gates being there, including those that go to the Mists for WvW and sPvP. However, you’ll not need those portals if you’re doing a holiday event. Also, it’s just an extra Asura Gate travel from one of the other main cities to this Lion’s Arch.

My recommendation: Rata Sum or Divinity’s Reach. RS doesn’t have bars or large halls like DR does.

Stevoli.8795

My recommendation: Rata Sum or Divinity’s Reach. RS doesn’t have bars or large halls like DR does.

The Norn capital city has huge meeting halls, one for each of the animal gods. (Bear/Raven/Wolf/Leopard)

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

There are 5 other major cities in Tyria. Why not go to one of them with your guild and I’m sure you’ll all get in.

I don’t understand why it has to specifically be Lion’s Arch that you go to. I surely understand why it’s a central hub with most of the Asura Gates being there, including those that go to the Mists for WvW and sPvP. However, you’ll not need those portals if you’re doing a holiday event. Also, it’s just an extra Asura Gate travel from one of the other main cities to this Lion’s Arch.

We don’t know yet if other cities will be decorated and will be part of the haloween event or is just Lion’s Arch..

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Lion’s Arch has a few crafting nodes.

Cities-only district choices is a wonderful idea.

And the few nodes in LA are not simple to get to…they are at the end of a jumping puzzle, and there are like 5 nodes total. If someone is farming those they really have issues. =)

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

(edited by Obsidian.1328)