Fine & master & Essence of Luck & karma items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jekarce.5673

Jekarce.5673

So.. I bought a bunch of karma ‘fine’ items only to find out that it can’t be salvaged.

The release notes say: “Salvaging fine and masterwork items now produces Essence of Luck.”

Is this considered a bug or are karma items excluded from salvaging in general?

Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

Karma items have never been salvageble.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I have been getting that luck stuff from blues rarely and greens often. I’m not going to buy a bunch of junk just to salvage to increase my MF. I get enough junk in the open world to salvage for luck. I feel like I would be spending more by buying junk to salvage than the worth of the items I might find due to magic find, many of which I might salvage anyway. Really I’m not sold on the whole MF thing as it is.

The Burninator

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

You can mystic Forge karma items and then Salvage the result I believe.

Apart from that you can craft tier 1 items with all that spare materials you get while running the Champ Train in Queensdale and easily make fine items (torches are good) to easily get these Essence items if you want a quick boost.

I made a few hundred of these myself last night from all the spare copper, logs, leathers and clothss I had been hoarding for some time and managed to raise myself a good 6% luck.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

I have been getting that luck stuff from blues rarely and greens often. I’m not going to buy a bunch of junk just to salvage to increase my MF.

OP was likely trying to exploit, buying 20 karma lvl 2 blue items and hoping he could get tons of luck for cheap. For once the devs had something in place to prevent that kind of ridiculousness.

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Some fine/masterwork items cannot be salvaged.

However other items, both fine and masterwork can be salvaged

So the patch note stating “Salvaging fine and masterwork items now produces Essence of Luck” is both possible and true

logic is nice

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I have been getting that luck stuff from blues rarely and greens often. I’m not going to buy a bunch of junk just to salvage to increase my MF.

OP was likely trying to exploit, buying 20 karma lvl 2 blue items and hoping he could get tons of luck for cheap. For once the devs had something in place to prevent that kind of ridiculousness.

This would not exactly be “exploiting” it would be using the “rewards” (karma) he got to buy items and then gain benefit from that.

We earn gold in many ways in the game and can buy Blues/Greens to salvage for this essence. What would the difference be from doing the same by spending karma to do the same thing? The Karma was earned just like gold is and in some cases it’s a lot harder to earn.

Your logic astounds me.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Jekarce.5673

I usually only salvage salvageable items. Salvaging gear I only really started doing since the MF change hence I could not know that karma gear isn’t salvageable, I thought it was a bug

Interesting take you have on this. How can something be an exploit if the description reads “fine and masterwork” items which I’m trying to salvage, no matter how I get it.

As the previous poster stated perfectly, your logic astounds me.

Jekarce.5673

You can mystic Forge karma items and then Salvage the result I believe.

Apart from that you can craft tier 1 items with all that spare materials you get while running the Champ Train in Queensdale and easily make fine items (torches are good) to easily get these Essence items if you want a quick boost.

I made a few hundred of these myself last night from all the spare copper, logs, leathers and clothss I had been hoarding for some time and managed to raise myself a good 6% luck.

6% extra, way to go!

I think I might have some leftovers as well and I’ll definitely go on a gathering trip soon to craft myself a few salvageable items.

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Buy 4, throw them in the forge, then you can salvage it as long as it doesn’t roll another karma item.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger