Finisher Randomizer

Finisher Randomizer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FluffyBunny.6138

FluffyBunny.6138

How sick would it be to have the option to have your finishers cycle randomly!? Every time you stomp someone a different finisher drops on the enemy!! One time would be the new Ley Line Finisher then the next could be the Super Explosive Finisher. How awesome would that be?? nudge nudge

Battleground Heroes [Hero] – DH

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

I also would like that. Even though I play little PvP elements and don’t have many finishers…

Or we could have a similar to map selection in some game, two lists on window, other has finishers, other is where you put them. Also should include randomizer.

I would also love to have racial, weapon or profession tied finishers, stuff falling from sky is rather dull…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

that would be a finisher I would buy. I like these other ones thhat are out, but then I have a feeling I would get bored of the same one over and over and that’s why I haven’t boughten any. But one that would switch them around sounds really cool. Like a little surprize to see which finisher you’ll get each time you vanquish someone.

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Definitely a top suggestion for a gem store item…..good call!

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Murdoc.4251

Murdoc.4251

Would LOVE this.

[HDS] – Gate of Madness
Murdoc Jones – Brock Jones – Murdoch Jones – Jaedmara Jones
Warrior – Guardian – Ranger – Necro

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Great idea, I’d love this too, as would my poor extra finishers I never remember to use.

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Personally, i wouldn’t use it, but there should at least be an option to not use limited finishers.

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Heck no. It should just be a toggle you select in the Finisher Panel. You set it to “Random Finisher”.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Sure, but only if we can choose the finishers that go in the rotation!

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Colin lives ;o

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Love it.

On Reddit, DigitalRuse suggested Finisher Playlists. That is: the asura engi could cycle Golem and Laser, but leave out the Quaggan or Cow.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Love it.

On Reddit, DigitalRuse suggested Finisher Playlists. That is: the asura engi could cycle Golem and Laser, but leave out the Quaggan or Cow.

I did indeed. I love my SAB finisher, but thematically, the Golem and Laser are just as great.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Great idea, I’d love this too, as would my poor extra finishers I never remember to use.

Wow a response after 5 posts, yet none in Megaserver or Trait threads with thousands. Maybe you forgot about us too? Is the China player base dealt the same wonderful PR?

It’s almost like they’re being honest when they say they’re always reading the forums but can’t always make time to respond. (Or can’t respond because they don’t speak about upcoming features until they’ve been announced. etc.)

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Damarus.5938

Damarus.5938

Love the idea! I too would see more use out of some of my old finishers I’ve purchased.

Member of Knights Templar [KT] – http://knights-templar.com

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Heck no. It should just be a toggle you select in the Finisher Panel. You set it to “Random Finisher”.

If wishes were horses…..(no, not a mount thread).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Great idea!

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

The way this could work is to simply allow multiple finishers to be active. If only one is selected then that one is used. Otherwise it’d randomly pick one from active list.

This mostly so people wouldn’t be upset due to non unlimited finishers being randomly used up

Yes, I still have some of those from wintersday

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Hellmasker.1649

Hellmasker.1649

I came to mention a checkbox for each of the “active” finishers in the cycle, but could we maybe even have a specific order of finishers? It’d be cool to see how many times your cycle starts over in WvW or PvP as sort of a way to track how many (stomped) kills you get as you get them, without having to open the hero panel every few minutes.

REJOICE! Dwayna hath had her mercy on us; her battered and beaten, tired and taxed.
For we have held fast our ground and our loyalty to Tyria each and every day…
And it is time the Six show their blessings. Freedom for ALL doers of great and wondrous things!

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Wow a response after 5 posts, yet none in Megaserver or Trait threads with thousands. Maybe you forgot about us too? Is the China player base dealt the same wonderful PR?

Yea the difference between the two is between a major overhaul of the system or adding a small feature for finishers, completely related!

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Great idea. I strongly suggest this idea to be implemented ingame. This will help both players and the PvP marketing team.

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Glad to hear you like the idea.
Also, this requested feature was already made over 3 months ago on April 14th by someone else and I even included a mock-up design in my reply there to help inspire ANet into making it a reality by having a visual of what it could be like.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Randomize-Finishers

It is such a logical feature to have that it should already have been an option to select when more than one are unlocked. It’s never too late to add options like this. Hopefully they will.

Perhaps the first selection area should be a configuration box that has a drop-down selection to choose:

• “Cycle from first to last”
  • “Cycle from last to first”
  • “Randomize”
    It should also have a tickable box to exclude limited-use finisher items from being randomized.

Included a mock-up.

edit
Updated image to include more options that may be desirable.

• Cycling Method: disabled
  • Checkboxes on finishers
  • Option to cycle only selected finishers

Perhaps the finisher screen could even be redesigned to be similar to the achievement tracker to where players can drag and drop the finishers to be included in the cycling, and also to customize the order of the finishers for when they are in first-to-last and last-to-first cycling. Can throw together a mock-up of that version as well if desired.

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Unless all of my finishers were unlimited, I personally wouldn’t use this.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

It’s a great idea, if you can make it not include the limited use finishers you may or may not have at a given time. For permanent ones, awesome option.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

I like this idea buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut…..

Why would you want any other finisher than The Minstrel one ;P

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Lioknight.8075

Lioknight.8075

And this is the reason they dont post.. Because whenever they do, entitled kittens start kittening

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

That would be fully sick bro. Seriously tho, great idea :p

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

And this is the reason they dont post.. Because whenever they do, entitled kittens start kittening

If they were communicating with their playerbase on topics that are causing issues, like the various Feature Pack Feedback threads, I wouldn’t mind them responding in threads such as this one. But they aren’t doing that. If its not a support ticket for problems like lag, login errors, or gem purchases – odds are you’re not getting a Dev response. Then there are the occasional threads like this one, over a potential windfall gemstore item idea. When they take priority over responding to a concerned playerbase that has posted THOUSANDS of posts over things that many view to be game-breaking for them – Then we have a problem.

Unfortunately its a “problem” that ArenaNet isn’t addressing enough to satisfy its customers. So to reiterate… When a company is more interested in addressing a gemstore item such as the one the OP suggested, admittedly a good suggestion, rather than trying to alleviate the outcry over the 4/15 Feature Pack – The impression is given that they don’t care.

Blame can’t be placed on any forum poster for the actions of ArenaNet, or lack of action. We’re the customers. We are entitled as customers. ArenaNet Dev’s will not whimper and break if harsh words are expressed in their general direction. They’re not that fragile.

If they responded to the important topics…
Sure, there would still be negative feedback. Unfortunately its extremely difficult to please everyone on every issue. However if they did decide to take the time to show that they give a kitten – I guarantee you there would be positive responses and gratitude directed towards whomever took the time to grace us with 2 minutes of their day.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

that’s a very simple, very good idea
arena net will never do it

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Unless all of my finishers were unlimited, I personally wouldn’t use this.

Why though? What’s the point in having these limited use finishers stocked up if they never get used? It’s not like they’re of any value, it’s just hoarding for hoarding’s sake.

Not that I’m any different. Every limited use finisher I have is still sitting there fully stocked up, and I just never use them because I don’t want to “waste” them, but they never get used anyways, so… yeah.

Although it would probably make sense to leave a limited use finisher out of the randomized thing so that a person could deliberately control when to use it in case they wanted to reserve it for a certain situation (i.e. a tournament game or a theme WvW raid).

Finisher Randomizer

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

How about we get a real good looking, new dragon finisher?

And give a kitten skyhammer cannon to those who skyhammered their way to 80, like atleast 85% of the pvp players r80 atm.

-Sâmbuca