Fire Sale: Commander tags!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CajunSinjin.3410

CajunSinjin.3410

GET YOUR TAGS NOW!

So basically, it cost right around $10USD (800 gems) to get the 100 gold for the gem. If you buy them now, you will be grandfathered in and have apply to all your accounts and not have to pay 300 gold

So………….

Will this mean we will see a onslaught of multi-colored Doritos running around? Will the collect pool of commander skill drop since almost anyone can buy this now?

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

I don’t get it, most people have one already, it’s always been 100g. People are surprisingly actually pretty good about not randomly tagging up out in zones for no reason.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

Posted by: CajunSinjin.3410

CajunSinjin.3410

multiple colors, I just see a rainbow of flavor happening and it won’t be because of skittles.

Posted by: Natomi.9427

Natomi.9427

I bought one for exactly this reason – effectively it is now on sale. I am not going to command (yet), I am also not going to ‘tag up’ but I am definitely not going to spend 300 gold later when I can spend 100 gold now. Hopefully I can find a Commander mentor at some point so that I can eventually put the tag to a proper use.

Posted by: Zenty.3596

Zenty.3596

Got mine last week for this reason but so far I’ve only been using it for tequatl and a few guild events, hopefully i’ll use it for more stuff later if I find something else that I enjoy doing with the community.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I hate to admit that I have never thought about having one, but getting it account bound with multiple colors for 1/3 the final cost does seem a bit enticing…..

I think this one item will end up being the biggest gold sink since Ascended Armor…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I bought one for exactly this reason – effectively it is now on sale. I am not going to command (yet), I am also not going to ‘tag up’ but I am definitely not going to spend 300 gold later when I can spend 100 gold now. Hopefully I can find a Commander mentor at some point so that I can eventually put the tag to a proper use.

^^ this. The only resin I got one now was to save 200g.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Now I’m tempted. Not to lead people around to events, I’m not qualified for that as I get too focused on my own immediate stuff. But a time or two my guild’s done large scale RP with other guilds and using the squad channel was a great thing given the lack of guild alliance chat or custom chat channels.

Ten bucks, you say?

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I don’t have a tag. I can’t say I see much difference between spending 100g on it, or just throwing away the 100g, so I’m not buying one.

I can only hope that a great many people buy it now though.

Sink that gold, make mine more valuable.

Or by all means, get gold with gems, push the conversion rate more in my favor.

And lastly, when ridiculous amounts of tags start littering the minimap in the near future, maybe they’ll finally add the option to not display any tags.

It’s all good.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

yep, it’s a fire sale and the village has burnt down..
apparently the appalling idea of charging for additional colors put the new tags in some sort of unattainable place.. yet somehow, now that they are on sale everyone and their cousin can magically afford them.. i’m not saying they should be an elite item, but arena net certainly shouldn’t have caved 100% on this one..

forget commander tags, if everyone complains enough 800gem items will be reduced to 266gems ! ! which commander should i follow? ..the one that can get me a discount
-
in the immortal words of our tragically departed scarlet briar – “hooray, for progress”

Attachments:

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

It’s to late to discuss, the Fire Sale began several days ago and it has already created blight on my UI, my maps, my minimap. I watch abject “noobs” with tags doing jumping puzzles I did, on low level maps, years ago, and failing.

This was all heralded over 1.5 years ago, now it’s just so IN YOUR FACE.

If a toggle to disable them from being displayed on my CLIENT, then the developers want that blight to exist.

I mentioned before in another thread I started:

1. Only display commander tags from my server.
2. Only display commander tags from my guild.
3. Do not display commander tags.

These three options should be available in the UI settings. With none being checked it would work as is now, display all tags.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I thought about it, but was unable to make myself care enough to do it.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Maybe we could get ArenaNet to team up with Skittles to sponsor the Commander Tag?

“Skittles: Taste the Rainbow: Commander Tag Edition”. Skittles could then team up with Doritos to have Skittle flavored Doritos in the shape of Commander tags! There could then be a contest where if you find the ArenaNet Logo-shaped, Skittle-flavored Dorito, you win 5000 gems.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

So that’s why I saw a few dozen commanders in Divinity’s Reach yesterday. I thought that I’d missed some event.

edited ‘cause I can’t speel

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

Oh sure, NOW people echo my calls to add a UI option to disable the commander tags… after I buy my own because it makes perfect sense to buy one before the price triples even if I might not really use it.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Oh sure, NOW people echo my calls to add a UI option to disable the commander tags… after I buy my own because it makes perfect sense to buy one before the price triples even if I might not really use it.

I brought it up around the 3rd month after launch, just sayin. On these forums too.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

GOSU – I so agree with u. I want to be able to decide wether I have to see them or not…. They kind of ruin the Visual experience when there is 20+ of them…

Kima & Co

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

GET YOUR TAGS NOW!

Will this mean we will see a onslaught of multi-colored Doritos running around? Will the collect pool of commander skill drop since almost anyone can buy this now?

As being a commander in WvW/EotM basically just means something visible on the map for the Zerg to follow, I’d say no.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Posted by: Spiderbite.8049

Spiderbite.8049

I would totally do this, just to watch people follow me around as I do my random nonsense. Except $10…. that’s alot of marshmallows.

“No, I don’t.”

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

This 300g increase won’t make any noticeable change, at least not for years. So many people already have them. They need some kind of continuous cost to use them if they want to get control of the worthless commanders who have them simply for attention.

Blackgate

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

GET YOUR TAGS NOW!

So basically, it cost right around $10USD (800 gems) to get the 100 gold for the gem. If you buy them now, you will be grandfathered in and have apply to all your accounts and not have to pay 300 gold

So………….

Alternatively you can farm for like 2 days and have the 100 gold ready.