First Christmas miniatures?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

The questionis perhaps to the developers: any plans to repeat the sale of Christmas miniatures from the first of Christmas of Event (Festive Golem, Snowman, Infinirarium and MF of them into Foostivoo)? Until now this is the only miniatures, whose sale has never been repeated.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I really hope so.

When the new mini system was introduced I read somewhere that it would only show locked minis if they are still available, ones you can’t get any more would be hidden. Those are some of the only special minis I don’t have and they appear locked at the bottom of the list in my hero panel, which I think means they will be available again.

But if they are I really hope they have a new distribution method. I didn’t get them last time because I refuse to pay real money for RNG items. If they’re acquired the same way again I’ll be missing out again.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

I’ve still got my Ventari and Golem frames from the first Winter’s Day.

I would like very much to finish them.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

As a proud (read: lucky) owner of Foostivoo, I’d like to say this – screw my RNG during a small time frame, let everyone have a shot at this amazing creature! As long as it has to be earned in some way, I’m fine with these minis making a reappearance.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

What is christmas? Christmas does not exist in Tyria, nor should it.

Wintersday.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

They should only come back if people have to go through the same RNG boxes to get them. I spent a lot of gems on them to get my minis. I would be very disappointed to see them for a fixed price in the gemshop.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Not only this, but also the first halloween minis and all of the SAB minis ect.
I’s love to see it, if some of those could hopefully also return as permanent rewards.

Not everything must7should always return only as gem shop sale, it would be nice/fun to see somethign return for once also as ingame reward for doing something special/challenign in the game at a certain time like those holiday events like halloween.

Those year one halloween minis for exactly could rarely drop as loot while playing that halloween related pvp game (cant remember the name now, the inquisition or so …)
Those christmas/wintersday minis could be rewarded for doing the snowball minigame as some kind of wintersday metachievement reward or so.

There’s no need to have somethign return always only as a pay gems to get it item, when play the challenge to earn it content would be much better, because anet has so or so the option to always come up with something new to place into the gem shop if they want/need. There’s absolutely no must in havign to make old stuff from the gem shop to come back also again only in the gem shop.

Im sure anet could also be more creative around gem shop stuff also as ingame rewards.
They do it with boosters, they do it with keys and bank npcs ect. so why not also with minipets? Whats so special about them, that they can’t be given somehow also ingame as a reward for something?

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Malediktus.9250

Not being a permanent reward is what makes them special. Miniatures are prestige objects.

Danikat.8537

I don’t mind them not being permanent, but it seems strange that all the other gem store minis have been reissued periodically and these ones never have.

I’d guess it’s because of the distribution method (they abandoned the idea of limited time RNG boxes not long after because so many people hated it) but that doesn’t explain why the ones from the 1st Halloween haven’t come back either.

Personally I think everyone should have the opportunity to get all the minis (and other cosmetic items). They don’t have to be available permanently but they should be put back on sale every so often.

Posted by: Sir Egil The Bull.7869

Sir Egil The Bull.7869

RNG is great if you happen to be a lucky person. Otherwise, it’s horrible.

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Not being a permanent reward is what makes them special. Miniatures are prestige objects.

Hm… It’s more like objects of a collecting. Overwhelming majority of the people do not care about them at all. That hardly makes minis prestigious. But collectors, who are not able to… well… collect, can be very disappointed.

Malediktus.9250

They can make them tradeable (expect them to be worth 100s of gold each) or bring the RNG boxes back. Both is fine with me.

Danikat.8537

They can make them tradeable (expect them to be worth 100s of gold each) or bring the RNG boxes back. Both is fine with me.

Or both.

Part of the problem with the RNG boxes is that even if you got ‘lucky’ and got a mini you might still lose out.

To get the complete set you needed 1 of each and then any 3 others to combine in the forge for Foostivoo the Merry. So if you happened to get 3 snowmen and 3 golems before getting an Infiniarium (for example) you’d be left with an extra snowman or golem you have no use for. It sounds unlikely but I know it did happen because people on here complained about it.

Whereas if they were tradeable you could have stopped buying boxes after the first 6 and traded one of the extras for the one you were missing. Or if you really felt like gambling bought more boxes and then sold the minis at a profit on the TP.

My first choice would be that they bring them back as a straight forward mini pack, with the price set to about the average of what people had to spend on RNG boxes to get 3 minis.

But there’s other options that could work too. They could add a token system like the Kite Fortunes from Bazaar of the Four Winds (the last time they attempted festival RNG boxes before dropping the system completely).

Each RNG box would have a chance to drop a mini and whatever else was in their loot table but each one is also guaranteed to drop at least 1 ticket and some number of tickets can be exchanged for a mini. That way even the unluckiest person has a cap on how many times they have to try before they get their minis.

Posted by: ZitheratiS.8967

ZitheratiS.8967

Foostivoo the Merry and Festive Golem still haven’t returned after 2 years? Come on GW! I’m sitting here, waiting to throw money at you.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I have been asking for their return since the first GW2 wintersday. I am missing the Infirarium and would love to complete him. Please bring these back.