First Person View, or weird bug??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: windyweather.1238

windyweather.1238

I just got a feel for what first person view might feel like, but I think it was a bug.
I was in Lions’ Arch near the Canal Ward WP and carved a pumpkin. I stepped back to take a screen shot of the pumpkin and may have hit some CTRL/Shift/Alt combo, but anyway, I disappeared. So I was able to do skills and zoom in and out. But my toon was gone. Weapon animations occurred, and for a time, my weapon appeared and then disappeared. I have a Fraps capture of the thing – not from the beginning, but from part of the way through. So did they add First Person? I saw something about a beta of it.
A search brought up some forum posts, but seemed to be more of the conversations asking for it rather than talking about its existence.

Anyway, it’s kind of freaky to see your foot prints when you zoom out, but not see yourself. Great for pics of game tho. I have great pics of the pumpkin without me in the way.
I had just changed my hair style a minute or so before I carved the pumpkin. Maybe that’s what triggered the bug. Dunno.
Maybe I got a Halloween Trick for carving the pumpkin, but usually those show up at the top of the screen or in the status area showing you are transformed.
Log out and back and it’s all fixed anyway.

Happy All Hallows Eve…
ww

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

If they added first person, I would be banned right now for posting 50 new topics on the front page of this forum titled “THANK YOU!!!”

Do I look like I’m banned right now?

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Using hair kit often cause your character to go invisible, I am not exactly sure what cause it, but every time I change my hair I end up invisible until I change map, waypoint or change my hair again. Great for taking screenshot when you have a permanent hair kit.

Posted by: windyweather.1238

windyweather.1238

Well now we know how to use First Person View. Just buy a Permanent Hair Kit and away you go. Odd that they would charge for such a simple feature. ; )
- ww

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Sometimes my character model dissapears from the random transformations that the mad king does.

Glorious Human Master Race