First area smaller than expected beta

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alwayshappy.2549

Alwayshappy.2549

Hi!

So….we started the preview weekend. Got a mount and we ran throughout the area that’s currently open. My husband noted that the map will probably continue on the south side, but there are walls everywhere. There are some things in the east (which we can already see, a waypoint, etc), but…..that’s really it? Didn’t the creators say the world (5 zones) would be bigger than of the HoT maps and Living Story 3 maps combined? Due to that I expected A LOT more.

Posted by: zionophir.6845

zionophir.6845

its a beta. never give everything mode.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think, perhaps, some players may be expecting larger maps than will be offered. The statement was that the 5 Path of Fire maps will be equal (approximately) to the 10 maps in Heart of Thorns and Living World Season 3. That would mean each map in PoF is about twice as big as HoT (and LWS3)maps each were.

Not that each PoF map is the size of all HoT maps and LWS3 maps, combined.

(I’m not saying this is what the OP is suggesting, just that, judging by some posts, this may be what some players are expecting.)

Posted by: Palimow.6342

Palimow.6342

I’m thinking the other 4 maps are where the size is. This first one seems smaller than some of the basic maps.

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

I’m thinking the other 4 maps are where the size is. This first one seems smaller than some of the basic maps.

We are playing a very small part of the first map, so dont make that judgement yet.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Hi!

So….we started the preview weekend. Got a mount and we ran throughout the area that’s currently open. My husband noted that the map will probably continue on the south side, but there are walls everywhere. There are some things in the east (which we can already see, a waypoint, etc), but…..that’s really it? Didn’t the creators say the world (5 zones) would be bigger than of the HoT maps and Living Story 3 maps combined? Due to that I expected A LOT more.

Your perception is correct. We got 3/4 of the whole map for the demo (Check leaked maps for reference!!!). The walls on the south are the borer to the next map. On top of the “huge” maps now we have mounts which make them even smaller. I’m very disappointed tbh and decided that I’ll only use this mount when they are really needed for their special ability. else I’ll run on foot.

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

Check this: http://imgur.com/a/QLwD4
It is simple comparison I made with Queensdale. Same amount of zoom. Assuming the proportions stayed same, the beta area is roughly equal or slightly larger than Queensdale. And there’s 1/3 of the map still inaccessible. North and south borders we can safely assume will stay. West border at sea will probably slightly move (there’s some thing beyond the border at sea that will probably become accessible).