First person view option

First person view option

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Thoughts on this?

Yay or nay?

Success is my only option, failure is not.

First person view option

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Asked many, MANY times.
The huge majority of the players wants that, but apparently that camera cause some issues in the game.
I’m sure that when Anet find a way to fix that, it will be implemented.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

First person view option

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

How about your thoughts on this? Otherwise what is the point of the thread?

What do you gain from giving up situational awareness? Granted this is mostly a WvW/sPvP issue since stacking in dungeons makes trying to see anything irrelevant and I can’t think of any open world content where that would be a concern. In case anyone wants to bring up GW1, that had the red dots on the radar.

First person view option

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

What do you gain from giving up situational awareness?

My understanding is that most players, myself included, want first person POV not in order to use it in combat but to simply get a closer look at something.

I’m really tired of having to run ten feet past things in order to get a good close-up angle on them, and half the time the camera shunts around it and I can’t get a look anyway. For once I would like to get a nice landscape shot without my character standing there. I would love to examine that Krait Obelisk Shard in my home instance and for the life of me I just can’t get a good view.

Please, Anet. How difficult can this really be?

First person view option

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

1st person POV would also be great in JPs, to look where you are going to, specially if you are a norn or charr.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

First person view option

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

The option exists in the testing client (for Edge of the Mist, etc.)

You cant see your hands, but you can see your skills shoot out (iirc, I didnt play with it much).

But I guess it’s still in testing.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

First person view option

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

First Person View out of combat would work.

First person view option

Posted by: Arkham.9165

Arkham.9165

First-person would be stellar for taking screenshots of scenery/environment art.

First person view option

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

This has been asked a million times. Like everyone said. Now there is a program out there that allows you to move with your mouse instead of right clicking with an “X” in the middle of the screen so you can zoom in and play it more action combat wise and according to reddit, Anet said this program is allowed because it doesn’t alter anything in the game and actually just puts an X in the middle of the screen and acts as if you’re holding down right mouse button the whole time. BUT, if you’re specifically asking for first person view as in inside the character, seeing out of their eyes with your weapon in front of you I don’t see it happening anytime soon. This isn’t ESO ;P

First person view option

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I can confirm FPV sucks in combat, especially melee combat.
however, it does have uses in scenery and jumping puzzles.
I hope they know we don’t want permanent PFV, but rather just another step on the zoom with the mouse wheel.

First person view option

Posted by: drenmartin.1462

drenmartin.1462

You cant see your hands, but you can see your skills shoot out (iirc, I didnt play with it much).

How does one get the “testing” client or is that just a Anet internal thing?

First person view option

Posted by: Braclo.7380

Braclo.7380

This is something I would like to see someday and has been asking for since more than a year ago.

I don’t see much use for it in combat, but for scenery, screenshots and machinima, yes! Anet created a beautiful world… and half of the time you can’t really just look at it cause your character is in the way.

First person view option

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

How does one get the “testing” client or is that just a Anet internal thing?

That was the client used for the people that were doing tests for Edge of the Mist before its release.

First person view option

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

Would be perfect for taking screenshots. And a free view would be even more perfect for this. And ofcourse for the jumping puzzles if you play a big norn or charr.

First person view option

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

First-person would be stellar for taking screenshots of scenery/environment art.

Very much this. As much as I like my big old charr it does get a bit annoying when he’s constantly photo-bombing.

First person view option

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

I support the idea for 1st person view!