Fix Personal Story Missions ASAP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

So, it has been going around that basically the Sylvari personal story is actually bugged in a way that you can’t actually get to the troll salve due to an invisible wall.

I’ve heard similar things about a golem not spawning after you find Zojja for Asura’s personal story.

This type of bug should never make it past a couple of hours on live at most(currently a few days and almost a week). I really don’t care where or what your devs are actually doing but it is both terrible developer and business sense to make it so that some of the early things in the game are actually impossible to complete. Do you know what kind of first impression that sends to new players who run into these problems?

“This game is bad, I’m going to play another MMO that came out recently or is coming out soon”.

This means they will never contribute to any of the three game modes (PvE, WvW, PvP) and they will obviously never buy the expansion nor will they spend money in the gemstore. This needs to be resolved, no excuses.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

And if that happens, that’s okay. The stuff will get fixed when they can fix it. There are many reasons why some fixes don’t happen in a timely manner.

There’s a bug that occurs randomly on one of the servers where you can’t get passed the tutorial. But it doesn’t happen on any server but that one. I thought it was gone but it reappeared recently.

The assumption that everyone has the issue because you have it is pretty large, and the assumption it’s easy to track down and they know how to fix it is equally large.

I’m sure if it were an easy fix it would already be done. There’ no reason not to. But there is a reason to tell someone okay we can’t find it, we’ll have to come back to it.

There are many people who play the game without even doing the personal story.

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

And if that happens, that’s okay. The stuff will get fixed when they can fix it. There are many reasons why some fixes don’t happen in a timely manner.

There’s a bug that occurs randomly on one of the servers where you can’t get passed the tutorial. But it doesn’t happen on any server but that one. I thought it was gone but it reappeared recently.

The assumption that everyone has the issue because you have it is pretty large, and the assumption it’s easy to track down and they know how to fix it is equally large.

I’m sure if it were an easy fix it would already be done. There’ no reason not to. But there is a reason to tell someone okay we can’t find it, we’ll have to come back to it.

There are many people who play the game without even doing the personal story.

So it is ok to drive away the players who do join and try the personal story? I’m sorry, what? This is also a problem that is fairly widespread, go look at reddit if you don’t take my word for it.

I don’t see how you can defend Anet in this case because honestly you’re just saying that “well you’re making assumptions and anet is NEVER wrong. They’ll fix it eventually.”. Well in this case I can safely say that no good developer would actually stand by and do nothing for five days and counting. Again, this isn’t good for new players at all nor is it good for the game in general. I

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have to doubt the Devs are purposely refusing to fix the bug. Especially since they have acknowledged it, and said they are working on it.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion, whatever it may be.

Posted by: Marius.9864

Marius.9864

Yeah, it’s the worst thing to see in a game, many people I know (as well as myself) were introduced very well into the game, and found no problem, but this is a problem that stop people from progressing early on, and it’s huge problem for Anet, new players, could very easily lose interest in the game.

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Kind of begs the question why adding flying .. sorry, gliding .. to Tyria so many invisible walls had to be erected to restrict it to avoid ‘exploits’, to use Anet’s own word.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Kind of begs the question why adding flying .. sorry, gliding .. to Tyria so many invisible walls had to be erected to restrict it to avoid ‘exploits’, to use Anet’s own word.

I don’t know. Most people I talk to are quite happy with flying. It adds a lot of stuff to the mix. Have you noticed all the jump pads that have been added to the game. I know they put one in the Straits of Devestation, by Rally Waypoint. Why? That point is almost never contested.

I remember doing Temple of Balthazar and dying and having to make that run back from Rally waypoint. It’s not fun. Now that platform shoots you in the air, and you can glide back. They’ve done it in other areas too.

We all know the old zones weren’t designed for gliding, so Anet made a compromise. But today while looking for the guild bounty, it was a godsend. It certainly got everyone there quicker, considering that Brekabek wasn’t near a waypoint, but the arca waypoint as a jumping pad near it now and we could all just glide on over.

Posted by: psyckos.6893

psyckos.6893

It’s funny…I haven’t ran into any invisible walls as of yet. Perhaps it’s because I’m gliding and not trying to break the maps. Give it a shot.

That said, this has nothing to do with the OP’s issues or complaints. Back to the topic, I haven’t experienced the OP’s issues either, but I focused on leveling my newest alt via exploring so the chance is there that my personal story could be bugged. We shall see. It won’t make me quit either way. I’ll find something else to do in game

(edited by psyckos.6893)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Updates aren’t every 3 months; they are usually bi-weekly. Geez.

The Seasonal Releases come every 3 months.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

….I’m sure if it were an easy fix it would already be done. There’ no reason not to. But there is a reason to tell someone okay we can’t find it, we’ll have to come back to it.

So it is ok to drive away the players who do join and try the personal story? …

I don’t see how you can defend Anet in this case because honestly you’re just saying that “well you’re making assumptions and anet is NEVER wrong. They’ll fix it eventually.”. Well in this case I can safely say that no good developer would actually stand by and do nothing for five days and counting. Again, this isn’t good for new players at all nor is it good for the game in general. I

I mean really what do you think? They’re not trying to fix the issues? That they’re not aware they exist?

It’s okay if some people walk away frustrated, yes. It happens all the time in every game.

I wish people would stop being so alarmist.

…This is an important issue and it is not being alarmist by saying it needs to be fixed. You may argue that “oh well business won’t go down because these people get frustrated” but at the same time you ignore that business won’t go up either. You will always have players quitting the game or leaving and the main goal should be keeping the playerbase in a state of growth and not decay.

There’s no value in the two of you arguing about this. Getting worked up about it isn’t going to get it fixed more quickly. Explaining why ANet might have other priorities isn’t going to get it fixed more slowly. And besides, both of you have valid points.

What Senario says is true: game stopping bugs that affect people in the personal story are horribly frustrating and this will cause some people to give up the game, never to return.

What Vayne says is also true: ANet has a lot of things to do — provide new stuff for the vast majority and fix issues that hold back a minority. GW2 is going to lose some players regardless of which is their focus.

All any of us can do when we see bugs is to report them as clearly as we can, to help the QA track down the root problem. (Or in this case, the route problem.) And then wait.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”