Fix PvE Parking

Fix PvE Parking

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

Since we can’t have the convenience of a place to craft in WvW, lets also fix some PvE issues like parking toons at the end of jumping puzzles.

Make it so when you log out, you are teleported to the nearest waypoint stone if you don’t log back in to that toon within 15 minutes. That way if you want the PvE jumping puzzle rewards each day you need to actually gasp do the jumping puzzle.

Then all the toons parked at jumping puzzles that used to craft in WvW can be moved back to the cities to give the illusion of civilization.

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

How does this impact you or anyone else? And what does the change to WvW have to do with this?

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’m not sure how the two are the same or even necessarily related. The crafting change in wvw was to keep people from filling up player slots, sometimes preventing people who want to actually play wvw from getting into the map in a timely manner. While a change to JP parking would affect me, I wouldn’t care too much because the ones I park can be done within 5 minutes (10 if I’m having a particularly dumb day). But I don’t see the real point in putting in such a change.

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

This just seems like a reactionary post by someone who was affected by the crafting nodes being removed from WvW.

I have no issue with parking players at certain places at all. What’s next booting players who’ve parked at the flax farm in VB?

Fix PvE Parking

Xernth.8561

Yes, boot the flax farm people too. Why get the rewards forever for playing the content once. Jumping puzzles and the flax farm are cool, play the content for the reward each time.

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Mmmhmm. Sure.

Fix PvE Parking

Xernth.8561

The only reason this topic and WvW are related is all the comments reminded me how many parked toons are out there and how absurd it is.

You don’t run a dungeon or adventure once and get the reward daily every day thereafter. Play the content for the rewards.

Fix PvE Parking

CMM.6712

Getting the feeling the OP would be against standing around in the PVP lobby sorting inventory/bank tabs too.

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

The suggestion just sounds like the OP is sore about something, and wants to take it out on another group of players. The WvW crafting stations fixed an issue to stop players being parked there, preventing other players who actually gaps want to WvW instead of craft.

Parking a character in a PvE area such as at a flax field or a mini-dungeon or jumping puzzle doesn’t affect queues or other players.

My advice to the OP: just get over it. Or purchase a [Royal Terrace Pass] and you can craft conveniently there.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

OP is freaking out because someone gets a blue piece of armor and a crafting mat without doing a jumping puzzle.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Actually, playing that content isn’t required if a mesmer is around. I’d expect more things to be removed from WvW to get the pairings as accurate as possible, like the Mystic Forge and other vendors that don’t require WvW play, and more.

Does everyone realize that just the login rewards alone will give us the ability to make all characters level 80 and to outfit them? While we can play some of those characters, at some point there are too many to play effectively. Anet doesn’t want that to be the end of the game, so options are available to still make those characters useful. It just makes sense.

(edited by Tumult.2578)

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Sounds like someone is kitten about the WvW changes so he wants to make other people suffer… great human being you are there…

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

OP just feels slighted because a convenience was removed and now wants others to suffer the same inconvenience he is now experiencing. Sounds very much like a WvW player, who tend to wish their own suffering on others (especially PvE players). Keep on dreamin’, mate. :P

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: Nika.3946

Nika.3946

Fix PvE Parking ??
I didn’t know there is something wrong with it , hehe

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

Yes, boot the flax farm people too. Why get the rewards forever for playing the content once. Jumping puzzles and the flax farm are cool, play the content for the reward each time.

… You do know there’s a waypoint almost smack on top of the flax farm so people would just park there instead and glide down? I think most flax farmers are ok with 5 seconds of freefall to get to the farm lol. With the aerodrome being added to LA, we’ve passed the days when people would end up getting frustrated in VB because people were waiting to get into the raid, taking up spots on the map during metas.

Crafting being removed from WvW is in the same vein. This change is in favour of WvWers as the borderlands won’t have as many PvErs going there to craft, meaning those who are serious about WvW are less subject to queues and being forced into EotM (and then taking it out on newer WvWers there). Given that Gift of Battle now requires WvW participation (blame ANet for not forcing this from the start), I can totally understand why this was done, not to mention it means that server performance in WvW will be more accurate now as people can actually get in to fight, just need to make sure you have everything ready beforehand, just like you would before going off to raids/fractals/dungeons for example.

Side note: people wouldn’t park at JPs as often if there was a more reliable way to get Silver Doubloons, just throwing that out there for the attention of John Smith.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

(edited by Bellatrixa.3546)

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

Nobody is taking your JP rewards or flax, OP. They’re not first-come first-served.

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Since we can’t have the convenience of a place to craft in WvW, lets also fix some PvE issues like parking toons at the end of jumping puzzles.

Make it so when you log out, you are teleported to the nearest waypoint stone if you don’t log back in to that toon within 15 minutes. That way if you want the PvE jumping puzzle rewards each day you need to actually gasp do the jumping puzzle.

Then all the toons parked at jumping puzzles that used to craft in WvW can be moved back to the cities to give the illusion of civilization.

How do the two things connect?

• Non WvWers added to queue times in WvW because of the crafting stations. Removing the stations reduces the queue.
  • People parked at chests (whether from JPs or other) do not get in anyone else’s way. If anything, forcing people to repeat the puzzle could take up a map slot (although, in practice, I doubt if this would have any meaningful impact).

This reads to me as if the OP wants others to share their sense of loss, rather than as a suggestion for how the game could be changed to benefit the community.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: Silas Eorth.7348

Silas Eorth.7348

Since we can’t have the convenience of a place to craft in WvW…

Let me stop you right there. For a very long time PvEers complained about the changes to the GoB and lots of WvWers laughed and mocked us for it. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, you guys want us to have to endure some kind of retaliatory measure?

Sorry, but this is what you get. Don’t try to demand that we change our PvP gaming due to something that affects WvW. No sympathy here.

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

Of all the issues in GW2 that need fixed you are worried that a player might get a slight bump for parking characters? How does this hurt you in anyway? It’s not like that’s going to be enough reward to even make a bump in the economy. The rewards from those chests and flax farm is hardly any at all. They should be more worried about fixing real issues and making new content. Suggesting this is like suggesting that all characters should have to start at their home location at every login because parking on a map gives them some supposed advantage.

(edited by Tekoneiric.6817)

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

If you reached that point then you already know how to complete it anyway (unless you had a Mesmer port you).

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

Probably won’t happen unless the rewards are improved for Jumping Puzzles. It isn’t much of a problem since the rewards are pretty dismal.

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

Isnt Pve Parking pretty much logging out of the game with your character sat ANYWHERE in the world?

Why single people out?

I know – lets make it so that whenever you log out somewhere you plan on going back to that on logging in you are instead transported to the furthest point on the map from where you were, or dropped in the Caverns in Tangled Depths with no active WP or Wallows for 15 minutes.

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Why are people still so cheap with WP’ing to a crafting area? Do 3 dailies and get 30 WP round trips lol.

Half of my characters are WvW only, and they’re always parked next the appropriate crafting station at the end of the day.

I used to craft in WvW too, but then I realized there’s a lot of better places to do it especially since the trading guy is so far away…

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If they were going to fix JPs, they would have done so with HoT. They could have easily made them like adventures. You could still park at other chests however, which is probably why HoT is full of smaller chests. They could however prevent all parking if they really wanted to, by having hidden reset factors, such as a damage or distance travelled threshold.

The problem with being in WvW with no intention of WvWing is that the population is based on the number of participants and the slots are limited.

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

How does this impact you or anyone else? And what does the change to WvW have to do with this?

While I don’t necessarily agree with the OP, they took the crafting stations out of WvW so people wouldn’t AFK there, just like people do at the end of JPs. Only difference is that JPs don’t require a team that you are taking up a slot of by AFKing.

And besides that point, when is it ever good game design to balance rewards around players effortlessly cheesing rewards instead of actually playing through the content that grants them? Never, that’s when.

That having been said, some of the crap that comes from those JP chests is already player-screwing goldmongering bullkitten RNG that shouldn’t exist, let alone be made worse. So just band-aiding this in would be bad, very bad.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I have an idea guys! Let’s have Anet put crafting stations..at the end of jumping puzzles!

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

PvE parking? I don’t see it as an issue. Also, I’m not fond of the OP’s solution. I leave characters where I want them to be in PvE, so I can jump into what I want to do when I get on. Sometimes, this is nowhere near a WP. No, I don’t usually park at the ends of JP’s either, but I do park near stuff I might want to do. This is a convenience, especially in zones with few/contested WP’s.

Darn! I thought this was going to be another back-door thread about mounts (vehicles).

Fix PvE Parking

CMM.6712

PvE parking? I don’t see it as an issue. Also, I’m not fond of the OP’s solution. I leave characters where I want them to be in PvE, so I can jump into what I want to do when I get on. Sometimes, this is nowhere near a WP. No, I don’t usually park at the ends of JP’s either, but I do park near stuff I might want to do. This is a convenience, especially in zones with few/contested WP’s.

You win the thread. Minus the mount part

Fix PvE Parking

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

My word, the OP sure seems bitter about this change, I don’t think it was requested by any PVE players maybe you should direct your spite elsewhere.