Fix Strafe and Camera lock already.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Binkydink.2697

Binkydink.2697

Ok its been a few years its time to see that Strafe is just all messed up and you need to make a UI that is compatible with camera lock. Making people hold down the RMB is too much oriented with a tab target non action combat game. This is an action combat game so I would like a character that can move better then myself please. Why does my character strafe like he has a broken leg? Strafe is running with your head turned sideways. So basically there should be at least 90% speed at this not 20%.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I could swear your character only lost a bit of speed when they entered combat(To much regardless) But strafing doesnt reduce it…

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, strafing itself isn’t what slows you down; being in combat slows you down. Also, when my toons strafe, they’re running with their heads and arms facing towards the mob while their bodies are facing where they’re going. So, I’m not sure what you’re seeing that I’m not there.

Binkydink.2697

Hmm did they fix strafe its been a while since I played and strafe was very sluggish and felt like an 80 year old with a broken leg.

Dante.1763

Hmm did they fix strafe its been a while since I played and strafe was very sluggish and felt like an 80 year old with a broken leg.

Theyve never done anything with strafing so far as i can remember and ive been playing all 3 years.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Strafing in video games is moving from side to side, while facing forward, not running with your head turned sideways. It can be used in GW2 to dodge projectiles, get out of red circles or attack while moving without just going forward or backing up. Try firing a bow or a gun while sidestepping in RL. I think you’ll find that your character in GW2 does it a lot better than you would.

Binkydink.2697

Last I remembered the actual strafe keybind was really bad. You could do a turn while holding down the RMB which would result in a much better strafe. But then that’s not what the game is calling strafe. The actual strafe from the game is really slow compared to the one you can do while holding down the RMB.

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

You know u can turn the camera with left mouse button right? its just for clicking. And strafe speed just a bit slower than running forward but its faster than walking backwards. some enemies will switch targets if you run from them but they wont if you strafe. I don’t see anything wrong with it.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Dante.1763

Last I remembered the actual strafe keybind was really bad. You could do a turn while holding down the RMB which would result in a much better strafe. But then that’s not what the game is calling strafe. The actual strafe from the game is really slow compared to the one you can do while holding down the RMB.

Had my strafe keys bound to “A” and “D” since the game came out(moved the turn left to “Q” and the turn right to “E”), havent noticed any difference between them(Which i use all the time) And using my right mouse button, but its more annoying to turn the camera(for me).

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

The strafe speed reduction is a balance thing. In the beta you could go faster, but it was possible to to run endlessly in tight circles with a ranged weapon and become pretty much immune to melee.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

……
Strafe is running with your head turned sideways.
….

No it’s not…and if you continue to insist this is so, your credibility is nil.

While an alternative to the constant need for RMB use is not something I would object to, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way the game implements strafing (it should be slower than a forward run).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Binkydink.2697

So apparently camera lock was in the interface during beta and they removed it. It also worked very well with the way the game is setup. We want camera lock back.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Couldn’t this be posted in your existing thread?

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

Yes. Please. My right mouse button will be thankful…

Binkydink.2697

Couldn’t this be posted in your existing thread?

Well I would have but everyone seems to be concentrating on the strafe side and ignoring the most important which is the camera lock.

Binkydink.2697

……
….

While an alternative to the constant need for RMB use is not something I would object to, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way the game implements strafing (it should be slower than a forward run).

DUDE I just downloaded the game to make sure I wasn’t delusional. GUESS WHAT? My character is running with his head turned forward when he is strafing. Just like I said. I cannot freaking believe the amount of people who purposively trolled this thread. He is also running about 40% slower when he strafes. So yes strafe is all messed up in this game. Maybe it was a balancing issue in beta but at least acknowledge common sense or quit trolling people’s threads on games you don’t even play.

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

……
….

DUDE I just downloaded the game to make sure I wasn’t delusional. GUESS WHAT? My character is running with his head turned forward when he is strafing. Just like I said. I cannot freaking believe the amount of people who purposively trolled this thread. He is also running about 40% slower when he strafes. So yes strafe is all messed up in this game. Maybe it was a balancing issue in beta but at least acknowledge common sense or quit trolling people’s threads on games you don’t even play.

DUDE, you made a topic about something before even checking if they have done anything about it. You said you haven’t played game for a while, so your brain randomly picked up a thought of how you had trouble strafing in gw2 and you came to make a topic not even knowing if there was anything done about it, DUDE!

Plus, running left and right while your head is facing mob = strafing! DUDE

Looks to me you’re trolling your own thread.

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

try strafe in RL and then come back saying you can strafe as fast as running forward…..

Binkydink.2697

try strafe in RL and then come back saying you can strafe as fast as running forward…..

Football players do it and I can do it. Look at ESO,Rift,Swtor,WOW and see how agile your character is and how well they can move around then look at GW2 and see how sluggish and handicap you feel. The character is suppose to be more agile then myself not less. The bad part is GW2 is sorta of an action combat game and Rift,Swtor,WOW are not yet they allow better freedom of movement. I really like this game but just can no longer stand playing character that is sluggish.

Binkydink.2697

……
….

DUDE, you made a topic about something before even checking if they have done anything about it. You said you haven’t played game for a while, so your brain randomly picked up a thought of how you had trouble strafing in gw2 and you came to make a topic not even knowing if there was anything done about it, DUDE!

Not a random thought it was the reason I stopped playing and they have done nothing about it probably because of players like yourself who see nothing wrong with it. And would rather troll someone and lie to them about the current situation then come up with a solution.

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

Strafing is intended you move slower. Forwards (fast), Sidewards (medium) and Backwards (slow) is usually how movement is balanced out. If you move the same speed in all directions then one would argue backwards should be as fast as forwards.

Also I don’t see why holding down RMB to turn camera is an issue. It’s like those who complain about it never played other mmorpg before….

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

……
….

Not a random thought it was the reason I stopped playing and they have done nothing about it probably because of players like yourself who see nothing wrong with it. And would rather troll someone and lie to them about the current situation then come up with a solution.

I’m playing gw2 for 2+ years and this is the first time I heard anyone having problem with moving/strafing. You expect them to do something about something because one random guy has a problem with it? Plus there is no problem. I don’t know why you expect to strafe at the same speed as running forward. And then you call us trolls… Don’t be ridiculous.
You don’t like something about game and come here to accuse other people “you’re the reason they haven’t fixed this yet!” Haha, what the hell.
Also, learn what strafe is before you continue making fool of yourself.

(edited by serialkicker.5274)

Binkydink.2697

Learn what strafe is? Do you not play this game? Strafe and what happens? Your character runs forward with his head turned sideways. Now that wasn’t too hard was it? Combat strafe is different of course but then again combat is different as well. The RMB issue is because this is an action combat game not another tab target game. Which requires a different control scheme then what was invented 20 years ago for the first gen mmo’s.