Fix fractal skins already!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: phantom.8426

phantom.8426

I’ve been farming for my fractal greatsword, staff and hammer for almost 1 year. Currently personal level 65 which does NOT improve chances for more skins or drops. Almost every day I do lvl 38/48 daily, everyday! And all I got are 4 rifles, 3 pistols, 5 spearguns, 3 scepters, 2 tridents and so on. Fix this already!

Oh and btw, whats up with the same chance for a skin OR a ring? what were you thinking? Separate them!

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

Yeah, I like this:

30, 40, 50, x0 = chance of ascended weapon box
26+, even levels except x0 = fractal skin chance
27+, odd levels = ascended ring chance

That way, people don’t have to wait for others to load even levels only all the time.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Or what about having fractal weapon box or ticket. That way you get the skin you want.
pretty simple and reasonable way to deal with this.

Posted by: leng jai.2961

leng jai.2961

It’s one of the most outrageous things about this game and that’s saying something. I pretty much gave up hope of ever getting a Fractal sword.

Posted by: Karalaza.6021

Karalaza.6021

Imo the only fix the weapons need is to make them actuall skin items rather than weapons – or at least give them stats.
Everything else is a skin item (the 412 back skins we got) or actual weapon (the new TA weapons)

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Imo the only fix the weapons need is to make them actuall skin items rather than weapons – or at least give them stats.
Everything else is a skin item (the 412 back skins we got) or actual weapon (the new TA weapons)

whats the point of that…….YAY they made them a skin…but wait i probably wont get a useful one..

Posted by: Karalaza.6021

Karalaza.6021

whats the point of that…….YAY they made them a skin…but wait i probably wont get a useful one..

At least more ppl will get to use them rather than just piling them up in the bank

Posted by: veasna.3675

veasna.3675

So.. yeah i did three Fotm back to back and guess what happened… three underwater weapons: 2 harpoon guns and 1 spear.

Sadness consumes me. That said, allowing people to pick their weapon from a box would be a huge improvement.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Agreed on the boxes. I’d also like to see the skins made tradable so if you get a Fractal skin you don’t want (or you can’t use, or you just dislike the look of the Fractal skins), you can sell it to someone who does.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I can agree with “making them a skin portion”. Then you could at the very least stack them.

I can also agree with having them be buyable with either type of relic. Doing higher number fracs would get you to your goal faster.

What I don’t agree with is making them come in “choose your own weapon” box. The only way I agree with that is if there are two types like ascended weapons are now. One box =specific stat type Another box=choose any stat type. The choose any stat type should be the rarest. Hell, you could make the specific stat type exotic and the other an ascended piece.

I also don’t agree with making them sellable. I’m not against anyone making money, I just think that these weapons shows that you have a willingness to do certain content much like dungeon armor/weapon skins do. There just needs to be a sure fire way of getting what you want. I am of the mindset that certain things should be earned rather than bought especially in group content. Solo content, my thinking is a bit more open to everyone should have a shot at it. MMO’s imo should have more things that actually support group content.