Fix minions

Fix minions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: virus.4370

virus.4370

when will Necromancers Minions be fixed? Can i get some time frame here? they keep despawning all the time. The despawning problem is so bad i can’t play my Necromancer, without fear of minions disappearing, and since they are the bulk of my damage no minions normally means my character dies.

Fix minions

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

when will Necromancers Minions be fixed? Can i get some time frame here? they keep despawning all the time. The despawning problem is so bad i can’t play my Necromancer, without fear of minions disappearing, and since they are the bulk of my damage no minions normally means my character dies.

Do like I do, play without minions. Minions end up being a crutch anyway.

Also, make sure your stats give minions more HP – some of them will die quickly w/o it.

I have seen necros play with all the minions and nothing like you are describing happens.

Fix minions

virus.4370

they are not a “crutch”..the same way high damage on Zerkers isn’t a crutch…it’s a build called Minion Master…. Minion master = someone who summons and commands minions to fight enemies for them..you basically are the general of your own small undead army. So it takes tactics to use them..can’t just run in and hack enemies to death. So since you think it’s a crutch, you don’t understand tactics of using minions, and you shouldn’t use them.

Fix minions

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

play without minions

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Fix minions

virus.4370

play without minions

how about you play without skills..because that’s what you are telling me to do..i’m a Minion Master..hence the word “Minion”..and i’m not the only one..

Fix minions

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

play without minions

how about you play without skills..because that’s what you are telling me to do..i’m a Minion Master..hence the word “Minion”..and i’m not the only one..

I guess QQing about something makes one feel better, than resolving the issue one’s self.

You are given a wide variety of these “Skills”. The set you want to use does not work, how about you try something else?

Beating one’s head into a concrete wall will likely not remove said concrete wall. Proverb

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Fix minions

virus.4370

play without minions

I guess QQing about something makes one feel better, than resolving the issue one’s self.

You are given a wide variety of these “Skills”. The set you want to use does not work, how about you try something else?

Beating one’s head into a concrete wall will likely not remove said concrete wall. Proverb

I was a MM in Guildwars 1 and i’m a MM in Guildwars 2….and if there is a guildwars 3 and they have minions..guess what..i will be a MM there..If you don’t like MM’s and having nothing helpful to say stay out my post you Troll. because the question here was " When will they fix the glitch causing Minions to despawn?"..not hey trolls tell me to use another build.

Fix minions

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

play without minions

Asking when a bug is going to be fixed is QQing now.
Telling people to play something else, that maybe they wont enjoy.

Fix minions

Posted by: Shalloe.4867

Shalloe.4867

try posting in the game bug forum instead of the general discussion then if you think they are not working as intended and give more detail about when it happens ect.

I personally just spent an hour leveling my necro and hardly ever had to summon new minnions except for bone minnions after I exploded them ofcourse

Fix minions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Are your minions despawning or dying, OP?

Fix minions

virus.4370

yeah every time i cross a sub-area..other also said if you are downed in pvp.that i can’t say..i don’t really play pvp.. not my cup of tea..lol..but i know my friends that play as necro’s have all reported the same bug.and Anet knows about it..i was just wanting some time frame on repair of said bug.. 1day..6 months..a year..never lol. that’s all, but all i got was trolling players saying “don’t use minions”..lol not you but a few others.

Fix minions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

yeah every time i cross a sub-area..other also said if you are downed in pvp.that i can’t say..i don’t really play pvp.. not my cup of tea..lol..but i know my friends that play as necro’s have all reported the same bug.and Anet knows about it..i was just wanting some time frame on repair of said bug.. 1day..6 months..a year..never lol. that’s all, but all i got was trolling players saying “don’t use minions”..lol not you but a few others.

The problem with bug fixes is that until you know what’s causing the bug, you can’t estimate how much time it takes to fix it. And you know, knowing a bug exists doesn’t guarantee you know what causes it.

Anet probably couldn’t give you a time frame if they wanted to.

Fix minions

virus.4370

it’s the trait “flesh of the master” they changed it to stop people from using it to get high health minions then change the trait to another..they way they was getting to use the bonus of both traits..but now it kills all your minions every time you walk over sub area’s or enter caves..or downed…lol..so they goofed. i never did the trait thing never even came to mind..lol

Fix minions

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

There is more to Necro’s than MM. Even in GW1, minions were often more of a pain to use than they were worth. I try not to use ANY minions – it makes it easier to play. I wish Rangers had that option.

Fix minions

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

play without minions

I was a MM in Guildwars 1 and i’m a MM in Guildwars 2….and if there is a guildwars 3 and they have minions..guess what..i will be a MM there..If you don’t like MM’s and having nothing helpful to say stay out my post you Troll. because the question here was " When will they fix the glitch causing Minions to despawn?"..not hey trolls tell me to use another build.

You should really try to branch out, all you are doing is gimping yourself, as evidenced by the fact you can’t play without minions.

Fix minions

virus.4370

play without minions

You should really try to branch out, all you are doing is gimping yourself, as evidenced by the fact you can’t play without minions.

i can play without minions..but i could play with no offhand and just one weapon..missing 2 skills…but why would i…i like minions..they are my favorite part of playing as a necro..i have 14 characters..and not all are necro’s..and they have no minions..

Fix minions

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

I have a Necromancer and yes, minions are a crutch. I used them while he was leveling. They were awful then and they are just as bad now. My main in Guild Wars was a Necromancer and he never ran minions. Why? Because my Heroes, and later my Mercenaries, could do it better and faster. That said, I have been using minions for parts of the Living Story and they are terrible. They generally do nothing, but they do let you think that you have a small army fighting with you. If they are the bulk of your damage, then you’re in trouble. They are meat shields. They will probably never be fixed although I hope I ’m wrong on that opinion.

Calling someone a Troll because they disagree with is just plain rude.

(edited by RoxBuryNine.4210)

Fix minions

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’ve seen it reported that one of the Minion Traits (Blood of the Master?) is bugged….don’t use it until they fix it.

Also, the suggestion was that you go with another Necro build until this gets resolved, not never use Minions again (tho there are plenty of valid arguments that you would be better off without them).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Fix minions

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

MM if you want a bunker. Flesh never gave me a problem. My MM owns in sPvP it all depends if you know how to use the build.

P.S MM FTW!!!!!!!!!!! Since GW1!!!!!!!

Necromancer Main

Fix minions

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Note that the de-spawning is the result of you Character changing levels as you move about in open world. It would not effect PvP or WvW in any way (level is constant there).

I don’t think anyone wanted a debate on the pros & cons of MM builds….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Fix minions

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

Been having the same issues when I change to Minion builds. All or most Minions will despawn. This happens frequently in Orr for no discernible reasons other than “sub-area transition” perhaps.

Isn’t this related to a Minion Trait Bug? Flesh of the Master and anything that changes impacts stats of the player character causes Minion despawn?

Calling someone a Troll because they are Trolls is absolutely fine.

(edited by Kuldebar.1897)

Fix minions

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Have you tried a Mesmer? They are essentially minion bombers.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Fix minions

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I would enjoy minions getting a nice rework. There are plenty of fun builds to use besides MM but I find it naive to not try and make minions better.

Fix minions

Posted by: Yuri Viltwin.8142

Yuri Viltwin.8142

I think the main problem the OP had on this one was putting it in the Game discussion thread instead of the bug report thread. That would alleviate the “Don’t use it if it doesn’t work” type comments & get more attention on getting it fixed rather than whether it’s the best build for necromancer.

I was having the same issue with all minions suddenly freezing & despawning at random intervals & was looking for information as to the cause. Learned here that it is probably the bug with Flesh of the Master trait. It’s an inconvenience but doesn’t completely break the MM build. Just need to be aware it can happen & don’t get into overaggroed situations where you can’t get out if you lose your minions. It all comes down to knowing how to play.

Fix minions

Posted by: Apollos.3206

Apollos.3206

I was also having trouble with my minions dieing when crossing a level scale up or down area. I did not think it might be a bug in one of the traits I picked. I also was using “Flesh of the Master” so I tested it out and when “Flesh of the master” is used they die and when I used a different trait they did not die when I crossed a scale area. I don’t mind swapping a trait out if it keeps my minions from dieing when they follow me through a level scale zone. Thanks for the helpful insight. I have my minions back!!