"Fixed" Monk Outfit - Updated July 28th

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Athena.3579

Athena.3579

Updated July 28th, 2015

The July 28th patch fixed some of the issues (the invisible thighs were fixed — although the skirt is still bloated), but unfortunately added another issue. Human females now have no feet. Picture included!

Attachments:

(edited by Athena.3579)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

So, was it pulled because of the fix? I ask because I actually wanted to buy it today and saw it was gone once I logged in.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Direct refund inquires to Support.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Athena.3579

Direct refund inquires to Support.

I am, but I still don’t think it’s right how they “fixed” the issue.

Posted by: krzygum.4028

krzygum.4028

Arena stated that outfits as one part skin are easier to design and implement and they have less clipping issues than normal armor skins. Therefore each outfit must be considered as top quality content and we should be grateful for them, because tiwh outfits there is no clipping and we can wear them anytime and we can’t mix’n;match so even less clippin’

This outfit is top quality and you should not ask for refund but be happy with it.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Looked at the picture a second time. Wow, that is really bad. I’ll have to see how this looks on my Charr, too. If it’s too terrible, I may be following you to Support.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Chaos.2108

Chaos.2108

They should look at the Asura’s version too, the sandals are clipping with the pants when in combat, they’d have to reduce the pants or the sandals to stop it.

Posted by: Sold Out.7625

Sold Out.7625

I’m mainly just sad that they had to do the rush-fix of making it overly wide, ruining the aesthetic of it on females entirely.

Next time, give us the male version on that, eh?

Edit: Try to bring the issue to the thread in the bug section, too! And make personal refund tickets.

Leader of the Free Winds – RP, community, and all kinds of fun.
Jara Ariasdottir (Soon all classes proper!)

(edited by Sold Out.7625)

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I only noticed the clipping on my sylvari and it didn’t even bother me that much. The fix looks good for sylvari, but was the human skirt always so wide? Why change it for humans that didn’t seem to have a clipping issue before?

Athena.3579

I only noticed the clipping on my sylvari and it didn’t even bother me that much. The fix looks good for sylvari, but was the human skirt always so wide? Why change it for humans that didn’t seem to have a clipping issue before?

The human monk skirt was not always so wide (or flared out, as I put it). That’s another part of the problem is that the skirt now looks ridiculously wide and stiff now.

I just love running around knowing that I look like this from the front side!

http://i.imgur.com/ZPxH0N1.png

Posted by: Cerpin.9152

Cerpin.9152

Was really loving it before. Not every character could wear it because of the clipping, but it looked soooo good on my thief!

Now it is ruined …

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

The rap song “Baby Got Back” should play when outfit is equipped

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Oh sadness…and I just put this on my human guardian too (who is partially named after one of my GW1 monks).

Anyone have an image of how this looks on asura? Is it still “ok” on them?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Firedancer.8350

Firedancer.8350

It has not been pulled, you can still find it in the style section on the Gem Store.

Posted by: MetalGirl.2370

MetalGirl.2370

I used to love this outfit, but the second I logged in after patch it looked weird and way too wide around waist..just looks wrong.

Mesmerizing

Athena.3579

It has not been pulled, you can still find it in the style section on the Gem Store.

It was pulled at the time of my original post and added back in with the latest hotfix.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Yes, the item has been reintroduced to the Gem Store. I will pass along your input regarding the corrected outfit.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Brigantia.5746

Brigantia.5746

I also am not pleased with how wide it is on human females now :\ otherwise it seems good

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Yes, my female human looks pretty “hippy” now.

It’s strange… the Ancestral Outfit (the very first outfit introduced after they killed Town Clothes) still clips with my body style to this day. It has never been addressed, and the dress clips through the sash at the hips. But I never noticed any clipping on my body style with the new Monk Outfit. I was happy with it until the “fix”.

This is the first and only Outfit I have ever purchased since the removal of Town Clothes from the game, and now it looks as if they’re going to make me ask for a refund. Thpppt!

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Yeah new one sucks. Looks way too unnatural. Go back to the previous but do a better job fixing the clipping issues.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Yes, my female human looks pretty “hippy” now.

It’s strange… the Ancestral Outfit (the very first outfit introduced after they killed Town Clothes) still clips with my body style to this day. It has never been addressed, and the dress clips through the sash at the hips. But I never noticed any clipping on my body style with the new Monk Outfit. I was happy with it until the “fix”.

Better live with those small clipping errors if you don’t want to run around
as a balloon.
All those complains about small nearly visible clippings just lead to the fact
that we get monster hips and stuff like this.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: ShadeOfGrey.1943

ShadeOfGrey.1943

This looks terrible I will definitely submit a support ticket, it looks like a bug with the skin and it is not what I paid for.

SoS

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

It looks great! Now you can create perfect homemaker characters, then we need a vacuum cleaner in the gemstore.

Posted by: Berobad.4536

Berobad.4536

Yes the “fixed” outfit looks awful now.
It was way better with the small clipping errors.

(At least for human female)

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

Lol, I thought this outfit looked good before but now it is hideous. Support better get ready for mass refunds.

Posted by: DrRock.1637

DrRock.1637

Checked both versions (female human), and felt I had to leave my comment. This fix really destroyed the charm of the original outfit, and I’m being kind here.

I particularly love the orignal version. Now, god…

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

To be fair, the original clipping was not worse than other clipping in game. I am not sure why it had to be fixed.

(edited by serenke.4806)

Beldin.5498

To be fair, the original clipping was not that worse than other clipping in game. I am not sure why it had to be fixed.

Because some people simply seek with the magnifying glass for ever clipping
error and can’t stop complaining until everything turns into a big balloon.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

Maybe there should just be two different versions in the gem store. Traditional Monk Outfit and Balloon Monk Outfit.

Beldin.5498

Maybe there should just be two different versions in the gem store. Traditional Monk Outfit and Balloon Monk Outfit.

Also a male version for female norn / human this time. Im so sick of all those skirts.

Posted by: TheDuck.4526

TheDuck.4526

Yes, the item has been reintroduced to the Gem Store. I will pass along your input regarding the corrected outfit.

Hey Gaile— thanks for the communication.

I rarely speak up on issues— but I do have to say that I am a bit displeased with the corrected version of the outfit. Compared the previous iteration, the skirt region is noticeably more flared out. Like… my character’s is pretty poorly proportioned now compared to how it was before. From what I understand, the outfit worked perfectly on some body types, and poorly for others. It used to be proportioned perfectly on my human, and now it’s… well, I’ll just throw up some pictures to compare.

First image is before the change, second is after.

Really hope this feedback is taken to heart, as this outfit was pure bliss. Like, hands down— it was my favorite outfit and I thought you guys did a fantastic job on it. I sincerely hope you’ll look back into it!

Attachments:

(edited by TheDuck.4526)

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Just to add my 2 cents, I also asked for a refund.
What an anti-consumer decision that was. If you have to pull it for a week to fix it, fine. But then release it actually fixed, not greatly altered, especially not for the rest of us who didn’t experience bugs.
As I understood it, only certain body models had the problem, so it should have been trivial to release a hoop-skirted hotfix (and I hope it’s only a hotfix) only for those types until they actually fixed the look.

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

I don’t like this idea of fixing clipping issues. I wonder if the size increase was really needed, wouldn’t re-rigging the skirts around the legs be enough?

Then again, not sure if there was a weighting corrected on this one, or just the size of the mesh increased, and then the bone scaling did its thing. I can just guess, but I still don’t like the result. Sure there’s no clipping now… cuz characters wear totally oversized skirts that stretch and bend far too… um, far.

How do I say it while not sounding like a whiner? :/

Attachments:

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: Bacon.1835

Bacon.1835

I play a charr and this thread is absolutely disgraceful for so many reasons.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

If you’re fixing bad skin designs, please fix Imperial female Norn when using a greatsword… the collar part of the design goes into the face and glitches the face a little.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Ana.2415

Ana.2415

I’m so disappointed with this “fix”, it just make the monk outfit so awful for my human.
The size and form of the dress are wrong.

I was so happy with my new outfit because it was exactly like on gw1, etc and I loved it and now you destroyed it trying to fix it.

I hope you can fix the “fix” otherwise I’ll have to ask for a refund maybe.

(edited by Ana.2415)

Posted by: little ceasar.9254

little ceasar.9254

Pretty much all norn and char armor/outfits

Ashr [AGG]RESSION
CD→SoS→BG→ET→DB→JQ→SoS→
Mag→JQ→SoS→JQ→TC→FA→DB→FA→Mag→TC→KN

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Don’t hold your breath, AN doesn’t have good record with their “fixes”, look at multiple human animation threads, some of those issues are a year long or so, Howler animation issue etc. Unless community uproar is huge AN won’t move it’s kitten . On the topic, i dislike the “fix” as well, i liked this outfit so much that i even made a female norn ele just for this outfit, but hey, good things don’t last, do they. RIP.

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

They’re just using the term ‘fixed’ very loosely.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The annoying part is that this is the “premium” content we’re getting for paying, in lieu of ingame variety of armor designs.

Which as a game monetization concept is fine, iff the skins actually work.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Oh God, that looks awful.

I, basically, bought it in the first place because it had a straighter skirt.

Going to check mine…

ETA: Yeah, looks pretty terrible.

Not only more flared, but also makes my char’s hips and butt look like they’re about 16 feet wide. :/

I’d like a refund please, Anet – this simply isn’t the style of outfit I bought, anymore.

Wish it had just been made with leggings, for the bottom half, in the first place.

I don’t think Anet are very good with skirts.

I play a charr and this thread is absolutely disgraceful for so many reasons.

I play a human and I have absolutely no idea what you mean?

If you mean that Charr have clipping issues, that is a completely separate issue and does not, in any way, negate issues people have re. post-purchase changes to an outfit.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: Tere.4759

Tere.4759

90% of the armor including the cultural armor clips. You can’t have hair below the neck or it clips.

Guild Leader of The Black Court, we’re small, friendly and active.

Tigaseye.2047

90% of the armor including the cultural armor clips. You can’t have hair below the neck or it clips.

True, but in this case, the leg of your char clipped through the skirt, in certain positions, which is why they made it far larger and more flared.

Unfortunately, this “fix” has completely changed the proportions of the outfit.

Attachments:

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

True, but in this case, the leg of your char clipped through the skirt, in certain positions, which is why they made it far larger and more flared.

Hope they fix this too.

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Tigaseye.2047

Hope they fix this too.

With respect, you’re missing the point.

The complaint that is being made, here, is that they have “fixed” the skirt clipping issue, by ruining the look of the outfit.

It is not a complaint about the original clipping issue.

If I’m honest, I think they did this on purpose.

They said they knew that it clipped, before releasing it, but I think they also knew that it would sell better without a balloon skirt.

So, they released it looking good, but clipping badly in certain positions and then hoped no one would notice, or care, when they “fixed” it.

If so, that was a really cynical move, on their behalf, quite frankly.

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

I’d love someone’s confirmation or denial, but it seems to me that every shot I’ve seen of the previous clipping issue is on a female human/sylvari medium armor class. And now it appears they’ve solved this by giving the skirt the same bell-profile as all the medium trenchcoat/butt cape armor.

I bought this outfit specifically for my mesmer, and until the ‘fix’ it looked fantastic and was my favorite outfit. Now it looks terrible on every one of my humans and Sylvari, to say nothing of the one it was purchased for.

I doubt I’ll get it, but in light of the change, I’ll be seeking a gem refund for the first time ever. I’m not remotely interested in the look of the outfit now. And even though the clipping was fixed, I can’t see how most who had that issue would be very pleased, either. They also did not get what was advertised.

Very lazy, Anet.

Tigaseye.2047

To be fair, the original clipping was not that worse than other clipping in game. I am not sure why it had to be fixed.

Because some people simply seek with the magnifying glass for ever clipping
error and can’t stop complaining until everything turns into a big balloon.

In this case, they were aware of the clipping issues pre-release and said they were going to fix them.

So, this was not due to customer complaints (about this particular outfit, anyway).

Besides, if you look at the screenshot I posted (above), you will see that you wouldn’t have needed a magnifying glass to see that rather obvious clipping issue…

Even though it only seemed to occur when my char was standing in certain positions (like on a hill).

So, no, it’s not our fault and it’s not due to us using our “magnifying glasses”, or even due to our complaints; it is entirely their fault.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I’d love someone’s confirmation or denial, but it seems to me that every shot I’ve seen of the previous clipping issue is on a female human/sylvari medium armor class. And now it appears they’ve solved this by giving the skirt the same bell-profile as all the medium trenchcoat/butt cape armor.

I bought this outfit specifically for my mesmer, and until the ‘fix’ it looked fantastic and was my favorite outfit. Now it looks terrible on every one of my humans and Sylvari, to say nothing of the one it was purchased for.

I doubt I’ll get it, but in light of the change, I’ll be seeking a gem refund for the first time ever. I’m not remotely interested in the look of the outfit now. And even though the clipping was fixed, I can’t see how most who had that issue would be very pleased, either. They also did not get what was advertised.

Very lazy, Anet.

The clipping, as far as my characters go, seemed to be on the more voluptuous body types. My human female ele is one of the skinnier models and I noticed no clipping. My sylvari female necro has a curvy body, and I noticed some clipping. I didn’t notice it have anything to do with armor type. I can’t speak for the other races because I’ve only used it on these two characters.

Tigaseye.2047

My human female ele is one of the skinnier models and I noticed no clipping.

Did you try standing on the downward slope of a hill on her?

Because that is the only time I noticed it, due to the char’s legs bending and pushing her knee/thigh through the front of the skirt.

My char is not the skinniest, but she’s also not the largest body type, either.

She’s the first body type, on the second line of the first page, if that makes sense (i.e. this one):

Attachments:

Tigaseye.2047

Forum bug strikes again…