Fixing Econamy and rubies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stajan.4581

Stajan.4581

Ok it is becoming a little out of hand that you have given is only 30 nodes of blood shard to farm per account, while every other node in the game there is an unlimited amount of times you can do this. So lets solve the issue of this and the economy all at once shale we. It is very simple to do, give us 60 nodes with a guaranteed 1 blood ruby per node and make all other nodes 120 per day. This will have a double effect on everything first off it will still take no less then 2 days to get enough rubies to get a ring and no less then 3 days to the accessory and 4 days to get the backpack. Second it will limit the number of materials that can be harvested per day and drive the prices up, which in turn will slow down the TP a bit, not allowing players to finish stuff so quickly.

For blood rubies you get from events it is easy set it to a 1 time 10 rubies a day 5 for the Legendary Unbound Guardian and 5 for the Jusicater this gives you a max of 70 rubies a day guaranteed and is still a 2 day process for a rin and 3 for a trinket and 4 for the pack.

Just a note that second swings that get allotted by the node do would not count as one of the nodes.

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

I’ve collected enough to finish a ring and I’m half way towards the amulet. For such flexible end game trinkets I actually think this is a bit too fast of a pace. The fact that you can change the stats on all of them for the low cost of 100 unbound magic is ridiculous.

(edited by KickzNGigglez.4958)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Hmm around 3 days for a ring from fractals
1 week’s worth of guild mission for accessory
too lazy to calculate the number of days to get the laurels for amulet …

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Umm 2 days for a raid level item is insane… it takes 3-4 weeks of clearing raids to get this item.

They need to significantly nerf the ruby rate if anything.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Ok it is becoming a little out of hand that you have given is only 30 nodes of blood shard to farm per account, while every other node in the game there is an unlimited amount of times you can do this. So lets solve the issue of this and the economy all at once shale we. It is very simple to do, give us 60 nodes with a guaranteed 1 blood ruby per node and make all other nodes 120 per day. This will have a double effect on everything first off it will still take no less then 2 days to get enough rubies to get a ring and no less then 3 days to the accessory and 4 days to get the backpack. Second it will limit the number of materials that can be harvested per day and drive the prices up, which in turn will slow down the TP a bit, not allowing players to finish stuff so quickly.

For blood rubies you get from events it is easy set it to a 1 time 10 rubies a day 5 for the Legendary Unbound Guardian and 5 for the Jusicater this gives you a max of 70 rubies a day guaranteed and is still a 2 day process for a rin and 3 for a trinket and 4 for the pack.

Just a note that second swings that get allotted by the node do would not count as one of the nodes.

No. I am against this. There are plenty of methods to earn rubies. I know you just want to turn ascended trinkets into something that you can obtain quickly and without much effort but no. Someone on Reddit made a guide showing how to get about 27 or so rubies a day on just one character.

Posted by: Stajan.4581

Stajan.4581

27 rubies a day is nothing you should be able to get to the half way point or so for the ring since you can only wear one of them, there is not even a second ring to get to make it a set. So this idea is not just for the rubies it is also to clean up the trading post and make it supply and demand.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Umm 2 days for a raid level item is insane… it takes 3-4 weeks of clearing raids to get this item.

They need to significantly nerf the ruby rate if anything.

The question is obviously whether it’s intended to be a raid-level item. As far as I understand, the ring can also drop as a normal drop (albeit it very rarely). Personally don’t think 2 days is that much, but I don’t think it should become much more either.

Which is more tied to my personal opinion regarding builds. Personally I would prefer they go raid level skins and less raid level/expensive stat combinations. Builds should be cheaper to manifest than customisation, if it were up to me. One of the things I like in GW1 is testing out numerous builds, which is hampered by grinding all the various stat combinations in GW2. Especially as to me it feels like playing lots to get a certain combination which I would have used to play lots in the first place. It’s playing to prepare to play, in my point of view. I can do that upto some point, but I mostly just hoard and then see whether I want to make a stat combination or not. If I can’t, I just shelve the idea indefinitely until I get back to it and see whether I can. Which is why I mostly stick to one set in GW2 and screw all with the statistical combinations. If I get that far anyway.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Honestly, I don’t understand these people complaining. This is the fastest way to get ascended items ever.
Fractals used to take 10 daily chests to a single ring.
Accessories used to take 2 weeks to get the 12 commendations when guild missions came out, and that assuming you had all g missions unlocked.
Amulets took 30 days to get 1 from laurels.
These time may have decreased, but 2-3 day is an all time low.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

27 rubies a day is nothing you should be able to get to the half way point or so for the ring since you can only wear one of them, there is not even a second ring to get to make it a set. So this idea is not just for the rubies it is also to clean up the trading post and make it supply and demand.

You can attune/infuse one and not the other to wear two.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

How does your suggestion even clean up the trading post and make it supply and demand when rubies are not even tradeable?