Fixing the outfits

Fixing the outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arrk.4102

Arrk.4102

This is not one of those bahhh let me mix outfits threads. Nope. See, a lot of people who know anything about outfits will tell you that the outfit is made out of two parts. The main “body” and the headgear. Now we can currently disable the headgear, and that works fine. But why can we not use the current headgear we have on WITH the outfit?
For example I have the [Inventor’s Sunglasses] on and the [Exemplar Outfit] on. Sadly, they can not be shown both at once. What I suggest is to add a Hide Headgear option in the OUTFITS tab, so it would hide the helm that the outfit provides, but would let us still see the helm that we have on. This will placate the outfits-are-satan-incarnate-thanks-obama crowd by giving some amount of customization to them, and will not require a lot of work from ANet, since we can already hide the helmet of outfits.
Thoughts?

Fixing the outfits

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

I like this idea. I liked it in gw1 and I’d like it implemented here. I’d love to use my eyepatch with the pirate outfit, etc, etc, etc.

Sadly the silence on these matters seems to me like they’re either A) not listening, B ) not interested in making changes or C) listening but refuse to talk for fear of being beaten to death with a bat if they go back on something they said (which is annoying for both them and us).

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

(edited by Miss Lana.5276)

Fixing the outfits

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

This is a pretty good thought on the problems that outfits have.
however currently, to disable the outfit headgear, you have to disable the regular helm.
My Asura wears glasses, so if she is wearing an outfit, she can look pretty, but be a little nearsighted.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Fixing the outfits

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

how about let us transmute outfits

Fixing the outfits

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I’d like this a lot, this is how it worked in gw1, outfits were two piece sets, head and body

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Fixing the outfits

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I like the idea Arrk. I would take it a couple of steps further. Not only allow us to show our armour helmet instead of the outfit helmet, but do the same for the shoulders and gloves as well. Maybe have two tickboxes, one to hide the outfit version and one to show the armour version.

The only problems I can see with this, aside from extra development time and cost, is the potential for clipping issues and the reduced need to have armour skins. Other than that I would like to see this change.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.