Flame Dye Kit

Flame Dye Kit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: OneBigPear.1249

OneBigPear.1249

Warning: This is a whine post.

So I just bought a set of 5 Flame Dye Kits for 500 gems.

I got three natural dyes and two gray dyes. These are both blue rated items, which is bad enough, but MULTIPLES of just two dyes for 500 gems? Is this right?

~whine~

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: unseenone.1463

unseenone.1463

Yea I bought a frost and a flame dye. I was so mad, not only is it just one single dye, but on top of that it is NOT unique to the purchase, they are just cheap kitten dyes available on the trade post for nothing.

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

RNG, happened to me, got 4 blues, 1 rare (20s)

Kind of the reason why its best to not throw money at it anymore.

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

ArenaNet thanks you for your purchase. I’m sure they look forward to more of your dollars. The pretty dyes do exist, why not buy some more?

(sad part is, people will keep paying $ for RNG, so anet will keep adding it.)

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

Teheheh I’ll tell you What one day an old man said To me: RNG.
Those dyes are not a big deal To open

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

I would totally spend some gems if I could just get one of the Frost dyes (even if it was a random frost dye). But it’s just not worth putting gems towards dye kits that most likely will give me a dye I could have easily purchased on the TP.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Do they even look good?

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: Kadub.8743

Kadub.8743

1000 gems = 5 flame 5 frost
3 common dyes
2 uncommon dyes
4 rare dyes
1 flame (Pyre)
Do they look good? Imo yes some do look very good.
I just wish they would make these special and expensive dyes good for all your characters on your account.

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

you really can’t complain if you are going to gamble in this game. We all know how the rng works.

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: OneBigPear.1249

OneBigPear.1249

I did warn it was a whining post.

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: Banjal.7328

Banjal.7328

Never pay money for RNG junk,you will always lose your money.

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

Honest question, why all the love for these dyes? I mean some of them are really expensive and they are all just variations on red or blue with a bit of tarnish thrown in.

I wear light armor so maybe I’m not seeing the full effect…

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: Pictures.8954

Pictures.8954

There are a lot of OCD perfectionists out there who want to have everything. But, there are some in the F&F dye set that make certain armors stand out more with detail. The dyes are: Pyre, Deep Glacial Sky, Molten, Charred, and Flame. The others do stand out, but nowhere near the ones mentioned, hence their much more expensive price.

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

At least those dyes are cheaper (for now) on the TP

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: Caramel Ham.4891

Caramel Ham.4891

pls stop paying for rng items. It sends the wrong msg to Anet. We already have a ton of skins behind rng boxes, we gotta send them a msg that we will not for them.

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Flame Dye is the -only- dye that makes the cloth piece on Human Heavy Cultural Tier 3 look red, with a white® background, also it enhances the details on the armor a lot, same with the belt, while all the other dyes makes it blurry.

The other dye is Pyre Dye, which I use on the plate armor. Similar to Flame Dye (and almost all the other dyes from the pack) it enchances the details a lot.

Sadly, those dyes have to be RNG…

Attachments:

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

Thanks for the info. I just hopped on my guardian and the F&F dyes do indeed look much better on heavy armour.

@Farzo – love the look.

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

I do kind of have to agree with this. If they are going to do RNG it should at least be a kit with 1 guaranteed rare and 2 other dyes. Does the rare have to be one of the uber awesome ones? No, but 100 gems for 1 dye that you probably already have and might sell for 50c is NOT a good deal. I understand that RNG brings a lot of money in, so I won’t say NO to RNG. It is a business after all. However, ONE dye for that much, and not even a guaranteed good one? No way…

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

As with all things RNG, the safest way is just to save gold and buy it off the TP. On the bright side, I don’t think the F&F dyes will ever reach the prices they commanded prior to the Anniversary Sale ever again, because now the investors know that it’s possible for previously exclusive items to return, making the investments much more risky.

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Yeah I just wasted some gems on way too much of those. DON’T BE TEMPTED. It’s actually cheaper just to buy the best dyes at their 50-60g price.

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: unseenone.1463

unseenone.1463

You all say “never pay for rng” I had no idea that there was only a single dye, let alone that it was possible to be a dye that already exists! Pretty much consumer theft as far as I am concerned. If I had spent more I would be enraged.

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

RNG is as RNG does.

To offset the first poster. I bought two sets of flame dyes and got 2 unique dyes. One red and one yellow (don’t know the names). I don’t particular like the yellow one, so I might sell it later. It will pay for at least one set of dyes…

Flame Dye Kit

Posted by: Um Abbas.5693

Um Abbas.5693

I bought 5 flame 5 frost, and luckily got Pyre too, looks great on metal parts.
But yeah, could’ve bought all the others for few silver on TP.

Midget Gadget * Branch of Wood
Aurora Glade ~ Army of Forgotten Souls miniguild [AoFS]
http://umabbas.net/