Flame & Frost launch time

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

Seriously, this thread @ every patch

Which only goes to prove Anet couldnt care less about their players. Every time all we want is to be kept up to date!
Every time Anet slap us in the face, keep quiet, dont make posts (on any media) and people get annoyed.
Surely somebody at Anet has the brains to realise players/customers like to be kept informed. Its simple good customer service, something Anet repeatedly FAIL to do !

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

This game is always about when it’s done, we are never assured of nothing, when it’s about updates and what devs are working on the game there are very lacky info.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

About every update happened around noon ANet time or later. Why do people from Europe still expect that something announced on the 28th will arrive in the 28th? It’s only very rarely that something starts at midnight ANet time (which is morning in Europe).

They said it would arrive the 28th, it’s still the 28th for ANet. It’s still the 28th even in Europe. And it’s still the 28th in Australia (as I write this).

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

Get a life, and chill out.
And learn Yoga or you’ll die at 40 from a heart attack at this rate.

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

We went through all of this frustration in last patch. The answer was clear to everyone:
Just announce the time zone
“By end of day Jan 28th PST”

Clear to everyone, even people who can’t intuit that it will be in Anet’s office time zone. Then at least complaints would be limited to “tell us an exact hour”. I can’t believe they didn’t do this this time after learning from last time.

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

You guys do realize there is physically no way for ANet to release the update at the same local time for everyone? Instead what they’re doing is releasing it at the same global time for everyone, which means some of us get the patch “later” than others simply due to time difference and the fact that ANet is not based in Europe.

And if ANet launched the update during business hours in Europe, then the Americans would get the update at 4AM in the morning. SO it has nothing to do with customer’s convenience. Can’t please everyone, we live on a rotating globe.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Posted by: Neishi.5309

Neishi.5309

You guys do realize there is physically no way for ANet to release the update at the same local time for everyone? Instead what they’re doing is releasing it at the same global time for everyone, which means some of us get the patch “later” than others simply due to time difference and the fact that ANet is not based in Europe.

And if ANet launched the update during business hours in Europe, then the Americans would get the update at 4AM in the morning. SO it has nothing to do with customer’s convenience. Can’t please everyone, we live on a rotating globe.

THIS. So much this.
I don’t understand why people feel like they’re being shafted. We’re all getting the update at the exact same time. Americans aren’t getting the patch before anyone else. Updates have always been in PST. When Anet posts times and they don’t meet the deadline or their EU players’ time surpasses the time stated for PST, they get unnecessary backlash from the community. Be patient, people. It’s not anything to lose sleep or stress over.

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

So, by the following times we will have the patch.

Mon 28 23:59 PST
Tue 29 02:59 EST
Tue 29 07:59 UTC
Tue 29 08:59 CET
Tue 29 17:75 AEST

Posted by: Taiance.6213

Taiance.6213

So, by the following times we will have the patch.

Mon 28 23:59 PST
Tue 29 02:59 EST
Tue 29 07:59 UTC
Tue 29 08:59 CET
Tue 29 17:75 AEST

This is the entire issue i have with Anet’s release schedules.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/the-game/releases/january-2013/

That link shows that the update is coming on the 28th. It does not say 28th PST. Nor does it say that the update is coming on the 29th for any other timezone.

Anet seem to repeatedly forget they are catering to a global audience. As a UK player I don’t give one iota what time it is at Anets office. Nor do I suspect many players from around the world care that in the good ol’ US of A on the west cost that it’s still the 28th for X more many hours.

If you have a global website which is advertising a launch date of a product you either stagger the launch for each local timezone (not possible in this case), provide multiple times for launch based on the zones you operate in or you localize the website page for each area you operate in. It’s not rocket science. You don’t advertise 28th to the world then deliver the product on the 29th for a large chunk of your user base with the only explanation being a flippant “when its ready” from a dev, that just smacks of a blatant disregard for your user base.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You guys do realize there is physically no way for ANet to release the update at the same local time for everyone?

Where did anyone ask them to release the update at the same local time? What i see is people that want to know the release hour. Preferably in GMT.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

ArenaNet work in PST times, go ask Google to get it converted to your own timezone.

And when they say January 28th, I’m very certain they mean sometime during 28th PST… which means it’ll be 29th before many Europeans and further east get to experience the update.

God.. people who freak out over this, the same people who kept bugging Anet over and over for a release date and screaming about being lied to, etc. etc. It’s like cry-wolf and my ears are just deaf to whenever they open their mouth now. Impatient kids, you’ll have a whole month to experience it before the Feb update, why are you freaking out? It’s a game, not your life, calm down…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Hakkero.7120

Hakkero.7120

There’s no way to know an exact time because there’s no way to know when you found all the bugs and kinks in the patch.

If Anet put a time down and doesn’t meet it people will rage.
If Anet puts the patch out but then have to do maintenance right after people will rage.

They’ll release it when they feel it is ready. We also know that it’ll be out within the end of the 28th PST. So just go about your life normally and it’ll be out when it’s out.

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

All the fuss is beeing made by impatient younger players that are jumping on refresh button waiting for patch notes. Which puzzles me, since all they do after reading patch notes is flood forums with complaints how they are let down, not comunnicated or informed etc.
Its like their life is depending on weither they will update it and log in same second patch is up..lol

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

There’s no way to know an exact time because there’s no way to know when you found all the bugs and kinks in the patch.

If Anet put a time down and doesn’t meet it people will rage.
If Anet puts the patch out but then have to do maintenance right after people will rage.

They’ll release it when they feel it is ready. We also know that it’ll be out within the end of the 28th PST. So just go about your life normally and it’ll be out when it’s out.

If they intend release the update the game on 28th, it should mean that the game is fairly tested and set to release on the last hours of 27th.

So instead of putting a time and don’t meet up, or putting the patch and doing maintenance, why not to deliver the update pronto? It will bring some bugs, and might have some exploits, but that’s how updates work!

The only valid explanation for this behavior, is not to overload the download/Patch server. Every other explanation is huge load of bullkitten. Whatever the reason might be they should have stated the why they didn’t set a deadline.

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

*knockknock – “ANet?”
*knockknock – “ANet?”
*knockknock – “ANet?”

Seriously though: 28th is half over in the old world.

Pannonica
Red Guard

LadyRhonwyn.2501

*knockknock – “ANet?”
*knockknock – “ANet?”
*knockknock – “ANet?”

And I think most ANet people are just stretching and maybe even thinking about getting out of bed.

All events in GW1 started at 21:00GMT+1 (Noon ANet time). Most updates both in GW1 and GW2 happen somewhere in the middle of the night in Mainland Europe, so end of the workday for ANet. Why should it be different this time? Would you all be more satisfied if ANet put down 28/29th of January instead of 28th of January? Will it really be more clear that way?

Hakkero.7120

So instead of putting a time and don’t meet up, or putting the patch and doing maintenance, why not to deliver the update pronto? It will bring some bugs, and might have some exploits, but that’s how updates work!

Pretty sure if there’s an exploit or a serious bug, maintenance will have to be done.
If that happens people will rage even more then they are now.

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

You guys are ridiculous. You want to know up to the minute/hour information on the update. Well they don’t know! It could release in 8 hours from now. Or maybe 6 hours. When it’s done it will be released. If they came on here and said “oh expect it at 12pm est” and if it’s just one hour late there will be a kitten storm.

And to whoever said they only update their information on twitter and not the forums, that is just a downright lie. They update everything on the forums. Thetr is an announcement page on the right side of the screen for everything.

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

*knockknock – “ANet?”
*knockknock – “ANet?”
*knockknock – “ANet?”

And I think most ANet people are just stretching and maybe even thinking about getting out of bed.

All events in GW1 started at 21:00GMT+1 (Noon ANet time). Most updates both in GW1 and GW2 happen somewhere in the middle of the night in Mainland Europe, so end of the workday for ANet. Why should it be different this time? Would you all be more satisfied if ANet put down 28/29th of January instead of 28th of January? Will it really be more clear that way?

Ill add one more Q to the list…What difference does it make if it lands on 28th or 29th?

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I will laught when it will be 1st of February, no patch yet, and all those saying what difference it does, will whine too. And still no other response from Anet than: When its done…

Posted by: LoopySnoopy.7923

LoopySnoopy.7923

I’m enjoying this pantomime. Why does every one get on there high horse a simple answer they want to make cash fast. So far Anet has not lied to us in the U.K its mid after noon on the 28th. If it is like the guild wars 1 updates we used to get them around pm GMT but I suspect today’s daily still wont give you anything new. So guys chill and relax what’s the rush this beautiful game will be with us for many years to come. Well I hope so any ways

Too much agreement kills a chat.

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

I think it is funny to see people that were kicked from dungeons on last boss, because they can’t kill him in 3:30 minutes. I like to see how they defame developers for theirs lack of respect and professional skills. How devs close topics because theirs players base is from stupid kids that can’t assess theirs sense of humor about “when it’s done”

What do you think guys?

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Which only goes to prove Anet couldnt care less about their players. Every time all we want is to be kept up to date!
Every time Anet slap us in the face, keep quiet, dont make posts (on any media) and people get annoyed.
Surely somebody at Anet has the brains to realise players/customers like to be kept informed. Its simple good customer service, something Anet repeatedly FAIL to do !

…really?

They gave a date…but because they don’t give you the exact hour of the content release, they hate the people that give them money.

Because despite all the content added in this patch (which will be the smallest of the next 3), to prove they care, they must provide an exact time with each patch release.

…really?

I think it is funny to see people that were kicked from dungeons on last boss, because they can’t kill him in 3:30 minutes. I like to see how they defame developers for theirs lack of respect and professional skills. How devs close topics because theirs players base is from stupid kids that can’t assess theirs sense of humor about “when it’s done”

What do you think guys?

this post is unreadable. I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

ezd.6359

What do you think guys?

this post is unreadable. I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Sorry for my english, it is not my native language. I just tried to say they must reveal ETA! In other way we will see many QQ threads on these forums.

Posted by: zaniix.9074

zaniix.9074

When will then be now? Soon!

Chill out people. You act like the game has stopped working until its patched, just play and have fun the patch will happen when it happens.

——Tranquill Rain [CO]——

Posted by: Talken.3867

Talken.3867

Really? You guys are whining and crying about a patch that will come out within the next 12 hours.

Don’t some of you have better things to do, like work and ya know, school maybe? I’m at work now and I love reading this thread during my break, gives me good chuckles

It will be here when is here, whining and crying is not gonna make it come any sooner.

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

man there are a bunch of you out today, herd Anet was coming out with a patch and decided to come and complain so every one can see it.

always around big update time and its ALWAYS the SAME people.

ezd.6359

Chill out people. You act like the game has stopped working until its patched, just play and have fun the patch will happen when it happens.

It is indeed stoppped. I don’t want to be kicked from dungeon on last boss. Since arena.net don’t want to tell us time, we can’t plan anything.

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

What do you think guys?

He’s saying that when people is doing their instances, they get kicked because of that wretched “New build available. The client will restart in 3:30 minutes”… without any previous warning.

That shows small respect for the player base. If I only have 3 hours to play everyday, i could plan my schedule if i knew what time the game would go updating. Like every other gaming company (that have maintenance and updates scheduled and have them informed to the playerbase).

I don’t mind if they don’t the exact time, but a simple : “Hey would be around 12pm PST”. I would be perfectly fine with that!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Kilic Bela.4680

Kilic Bela.4680

“when its done” -

the GW2 equivalent of Eve Online’s

soon™…

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

What do you think guys?

He’s saying that when people is doing their instances, they get kicked because of that wretched “New build available. The client will restart in 3:30 minutes”… without any previous warning.

That shows small respect for the player base. If I only have 3 hours to play everyday, i could plan my schedule if i knew what time the game would go updating. Like every other gaming company (that have maintenance and updates scheduled and have them informed to the playerbase).

I don’t mind if they don’t the exact time, but a simple : “Hey would be around 12pm PST”. I would be perfectly fine with that!

Ahhh, I see.

That’s a legitimate concern, then. That’s the only reason I could see someone needing an exact time for the patch, though.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Talken.3867

Talken.3867

It is indeed stoppped. I don’t want to be kicked from dungeon on last boss. Since arena.net don’t want to tell us time, we can’t plan anything.

Then go do something else besides dungeons, it is not the only thing in the game ya know.

Hakkero.7120

I could have sworn that in a dungeon when the patch hit it gave you at least 30 mins. At least that’s what it did for my group when I was running Arah.

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

I don’t see why its a big issue for them not giving the dates for different time zones on the website. This could be even implemented as a small macro in the forum, no big deal. Would clearly save some confusion. These are apparently those little convenience things that would cost absolutely nothing to implement but nobody seems to find time to do them.

Posted by: Dragon.9564

Dragon.9564

ArenaNet work in PST times, go ask Google to get it converted to your own timezone.

And when they say January 28th, I’m very certain they mean sometime during 28th PST… which means it’ll be 29th before many Europeans and further east get to experience the update.

God.. people who freak out over this, the same people who kept bugging Anet over and over for a release date and screaming about being lied to, etc. etc. It’s like cry-wolf and my ears are just deaf to whenever they open their mouth now. Impatient kids, you’ll have a whole month to experience it before the Feb update, why are you freaking out? It’s a game, not your life, calm down…

agree 100% just calm down and relax.

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Ahhh, I see.

That’s a legitimate concern, then. That’s the only reason I could see someone needing an exact time for the patch, though.

Indeed. But I recall something ANet said somewhere (I cannot find anything on this forum… It does say there are 100+ results, but I can only find see 10…) that they were working on that or even that they wouldn’t do it like that again…

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

so if were not going to get the approximate time can you at least hint if we should do our daily achievement today or not ie if i do my daily in x hours the patch wont be in x hours +1 where x +1 is still before reset thus missing out on a days worth of laurels compared to people who wait an extra hour

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Posted by: ZaxanRazor.6235

ZaxanRazor.6235

I really think they’d save themselves a lot of bother if they’d just announce update dates properly.

28th US
29th EU
29th AUS / Asia.

It’s not hard is it? It’s just a couple of seconds extra typing. Gotta laugh at the Americans saying “oh it’s obvious that it’s catered for us” – showing their typical total ignorance of the rest of the world.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

It is currently 7am PST on the 28th which means the patch will launch sometime in the next 17 hours.

I will post periodic updates for people that do not understand time zones

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

I think they should always provide 2 dates: for this case 28th and 29th because EU gets the updates later at night or the next day. So giving just 1 date is not accurate and can be misleading

ZaxanRazor.6235

It is currently 7am PST on the 28th which means the patch will launch sometime in the next 17 hours.

Listen, stop being conceited.

It’s not about people not understanding timezones, it’s about announcing to a global (please understand this includes places outside of the USA) audience than an update will happen on the 28th when it in fact won’t.

Posted by: Afyael.1740

Afyael.1740

I’m honestly not that bothered about WHEN the patch is released, I would just like to see the notes so that I know whether I can start playing on my ranger and engineer again. Usually they release the notes BEFORE the patch?

Admittedly I missed the december patch but for the fractals and halloween patches I seem to remember getting patch specifics prior to release. It’s bugging me.

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

If you are in a dungeon, fractal or personal story instance, you receive 3 HOURS to complete it before the game kicks you for the update. Not minutes, HOURS!

It’s only minutes in the open world (including WvW).

This has been in place for MONTHS.

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Oh, and I should add that ALL the fractals take place in the same instance. So you can finish your run of 3-4 fractals without restarting your game when the update comes around.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I’m honestly not that bothered about WHEN the patch is released, I would just like to see the notes so that I know whether I can start playing on my ranger and engineer again. Usually they release the notes BEFORE the patch?

Admittedly I missed the december patch but for the fractals and halloween patches I seem to remember getting patch specifics prior to release. It’s bugging me.

Actually they always post the patch notes after the patch is launched, generally within an hour or so.

You can find all the patch notes on this forum:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Patch is online in Europe. I already got 2 Precursors from lvl 13 fractals. Everybody in my group at least one. Im so rich right now!

;-)

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Hakkero.7120

It’s not about people not understanding timezones, it’s about announcing to a global (please understand this includes places outside of the USA) audience than an update will happen on the 28th when it in fact won’t.

The problem is that people need to understand that Anet’s times are based on PST which is the server’s time. But people assume that the time they say is according to the time zone they live. So the moment it hits 12 am on the 28th wherever they live they expect the patch out at that moment.

Meaning that for the patch to hit exactly the instant it hits the 28th on the planet earth, Anet would have to be in their office working at 10am on sunday.

ZaxanRazor.6235

The problem is that people need to understand that Anet’s times are based on PST which is the server’s time. But people assume that the time they say is according to the time zone they live. So the moment it hits 12 am on the 28th wherever they live they expect the patch out at that moment.

Meaning that for the patch to hit exactly the instant it hits the 28th on the planet earth, Anet would have to be in their office working at 10am on sunday.

I understand that fine.

What I don’t understand is what’s so hard about typing “28th Jan USA, 29th everywhere else”

Rather than “28th of Jan”.

Understand?

Posted by: Exiled.6901

Exiled.6901

Patch is online in Europe. I already got 2 Precursors from lvl 13 fractals. Everybody in my group at least one. Im so rich right now!

;-)

Yes, they have also nerfed Shadow Form finally!

Honestly, I think update will be available at 00:00 GMT because thats when the daily restarts and with the addition of new laurels it just makes sense to make them to not update it midtime, because a lot of people have todays daily done.

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

lets be honest, it’ll be released for most of us on late 29th.

I’m fine with that, but I’d prefer that a company with a global audience actually state the official dates for the update. Other companies with MMO’s like to at the very least state the developers time-zone, as to avoid confusion.