Flame and Frost... broken?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: szthesquid.9576

szthesquid.9576

As many of you might already know, there’s new stuff in Wayfarer Foothills – repair signs, recover refugee relics, light fires, and the occasional event.

But…

We didn’t get mail to let us know the event was starting.

The event tracker in the top right corner is still empty.

Nothing at all is happening in Diessa Plateau.

Is this intended? Or has something gone wrong?

Posted by: SemmlerTh.2685

SemmlerTh.2685

thats a good question. And shouldn’t there be herolds somewhere?

Posted by: Tar.2894

Tar.2894

The “event tracker” shouldn’t actually be there – an ANet dev said it has to do with PvP Tournaments and will be patched out with the next patch.

Give the event more time.

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

I believe the heralds are in all the major cities. Haven’t seen one yet myself though.

Posted by: Sam.9157

Sam.9157

All good questions, 1hr 17minutes after the ‘start’ and still no word from Anet. If it’s bugged, then fine, just tell us. Ignoring the problem solves nothing, not communicating with your customers is worse than having a bugged event.

Posted by: LiveSpartan.8206

LiveSpartan.8206

The orange star is not part of the events its something for Spvp that got there by mistake.

LiveSpartan.8206

I believe the heralds are in all the major cities. Haven’t seen one yet myself though.

Theres a herald in the Hoelbrak.

Posted by: SemmlerTh.2685

SemmlerTh.2685

where? :O

I couldn’t find him!

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I have not found the Herald in Hoelbrak. Where is the Herald?

Posted by: Jeremy Winston.2165

Jeremy Winston.2165

I thought it was supposted to start at noon, PST?

First to die!

If I beat you, you might want to consider changing games.

LiveSpartan.8206

Near the might and main he doesnt doing anything just tells you whats going on.

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I think that the herald is confusingly not labeled as a herald. The label is “Refugee Coordinator,” and can be found at the gold star in Hoelbrak. Assuming they’re the same thing. You won’t learn much from her yet anyway.

Posted by: Unga.8305

Unga.8305

I found the “Volunteer Coordinator” in the center of Hoel Brak (in the area where the Xmas dungeon was), and I have done all the achieves possible so far and earned the Title of Volunteer, but I never received the mail for the karma reward.
-•The first Living Story achievement, Refugee Volunteer, has been added. Players who complete this achievement by playing the Flame and Frost: Prelude content will be rewarded with the Volunteer title. They will also receive a karma reward via in-game mail.
..My Question is, is that supposed to come immediately or some time down the road?

Posted by: Jaaded.1870

Jaaded.1870

I found the “Volunteer Coordinator” in the center of Hoel Brak (in the area where the Xmas dungeon was), and I have done all the achieves possible so far and earned the Title of Volunteer, but I never received the mail for the karma reward.
-•The first Living Story achievement, Refugee Volunteer, has been added. Players who complete this achievement by playing the Flame and Frost: Prelude content will be rewarded with the Volunteer title. They will also receive a karma reward via in-game mail.
..My Question is, is that supposed to come immediately or some time down the road?

Zone out

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Wished they made short movies, same as in the personal story.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Posted by: Unga.8305

Unga.8305

Zone out

It worked, thanks.

Posted by: Glinting.2347

Glinting.2347

“The playable Living Story content will start appearing tomorrow (January 29) at around noon Pacific Time in Wayfarer Foothills. You will see refugees requiring your assistance along the path, around Breakneck Pass.
Later on that day, there will be events in Diessa Plateau. You’ll be sent an in-game mail letting you know about the events in Diessa Plateau. If you’re already logged in when that happens, you need to change maps to receive that message.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-to-start-the-flame-and-frost-story/first#post1313570

So the main events aren’t meant to have started yet, at least not specifically.

Posted by: Anka.3675

Anka.3675

I shouldn’t have to go outside the game to find info about how to even begin to participate. Talking to the Refugee Coordinator should at least had set me on the path of where to go.

Posted by: Sam.9157

Sam.9157

I shouldn’t have to go outside the game to find info about how to even begin to participate. Talking to the Refugee Coordinator should at least had set me on the path of where to go.

I agree completely.

Posted by: Jeremy Winston.2165

Jeremy Winston.2165

I don’t think it’s really started. Diessa is still down, and there’s no mail telling you what’s going on.

First to die!

If I beat you, you might want to consider changing games.

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

You can find out what you’re doing under the achievement for it.

I do agree though they badly need to wrap up holiday/living story system stuff up under one new ‘quest’ type system. It’s a bit bonkers to see map chat explode with the same questions for an hour.

Posted by: Anka.3675

Anka.3675

It wouldn’t be hard for the refugee coordinator to say something along the path of “They’re comming through the breakneck pass, why don’t you go see if you can help them out.” And then maybe have the memento collectors also say something forthcomming about where they came from.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I agree that Anet could do a better job of communicating the story better to the players. The coordinator was useless, and the collector refugess didn’t help at all either. However, I did notice the stars on the map. It’s just that when I got to the locations, the NPC were of no help in furthering the story.

Posted by: Avitarus.1865

Avitarus.1865

I didnt get any mail about events in Diessa either. Guess I’ll go try and find the Coordinator to see if he has any flavor text/lore to enlighten me. These events are somewhat frustrating.

Fear, for when I appear, threads soon after disappear…