Flame and Frost dungeon

Flame and Frost dungeon

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

I hate it and it isn’t even fun.. I hate it when you make things so difficult it can’t be done. And the new thing with this you can’t waypoint after dying and have to wait til everyone is dead is ridiculous. Ok rant done.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

Just take the time to learn the path and how to avoid dying. Ppl who have geared characters said once they knew the mechanics, it was a breeze. Find a good team and good luck.

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Gorn.5428

Gorn.5428

Dungeon cleared just with another guildmate. You just have to be careful.

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

Was easy as cake…

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

I hate it and it isn’t even fun.. I hate it when you make things so difficult it can’t be done. And the new thing with this you can’t waypoint after dying and have to wait til everyone is dead is ridiculous. Ok rant done.

Sry, but you are not supposed to waypoint zerg your way through that dungeon.

I really love the new dungeon, the boss fights are fun and have some new mechanics. The trash is not too powerful but can be challenging and, most important, it’s not too much trash.
Overall, it’s sad that that it’s just a Living Story dungeon.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

*<goes down the list of people saying it’s easy guessing their class> warrior warrior guardian warrior thief mesmer…..

Just did it myself and yes have to agree spent more time dead or on the ground then up and doing the strategy that is not fun. being killed instantly with 1 shots is not fun ever.

The teleport of the one boss was just out of this world kitten sorry but it is it keeps you from both dodging and running away. If this were pvp people would be screaming all over the place about how unfair that is.

Then we have AOE up AOE I thought you guys didn’t like AOE abilities because they were unfair and put the players at a disadvantage and here we have two bosses with nothing but AOE crossover attacks.

We got red circles on the floor that don’t do anything but make you waste a dodge because you think something is coming, you’ve got 3 waves at once (not enough dodges to get away there thanks), you’ve got burning conditions that appear out of nowhere AFTER a burning zone has just gone away (yeah how can the ashes catch us on fire?) with 100% uptime and then you got the teleport to the boss instantly (no time to actually repair if everyone wipes).

This just reminded me of why I don’t play your game. You didn’t focus on the open world, you just threw some short nonsense out there to try to passively ask people return to the world, you then put a dungeon in that’s the new focus, and then you make it so difficult people are dying the entire fight like wack-a-moles just for the sake of being harder.

I can’t imagine anyone on your team actually thinking this boss fight is fun without having some special armors and weapons on (the dev only kind) that lets you guys faceroll everything, I really don’t.

And then theres the horrible excuse for a reward. I got nothing out of the deal except 1 rare and a badge to make some piece of clothing with. Why do I need those again?

And finally let me comment on how terrible a design the trash mobs were, yes they were veterans but even veterans aren’t supposed to be immune to attacks and defensive moves. None of them were affected by retal or confus, none of their ranged attacks could be reflected by my magnetic shield (every shot hit me just the same even with that) and none of their abilities were being blocked by the shield in the toolkit. We have these abilities for a reason, to use them and then when you make it impossible for them to work, you make the whole system worthless.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

I thought it was easy. Maybe you just haven’t figured out how to beat them, how to use prioritization, etc.

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

U can die in the new dungon? Nice to know.

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Valinerya.6713

Valinerya.6713

First time through the dungeon today was a PUG of… get this… 4 Rangers and 1 Mesmer. I was one of the Rangers.

We wiped twice, stood back and looked at WHY we wiped, then adjusted our gameplay and carried on. Everyone was having fun, everyone succeeded, and we had a lot of laughs along the way.

It is NOT just warriors/guardians who are breezing through. Even the most “unfortunate” group can get through. If my PUG of 4 Rangers and 1 Mesmer can complete it, ANYone can.

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

The Dungeon is easy just look at the mechanics of each fight and adjust accordingly. If you can not do that you should not be playing any game that requires any amount of skill. Such as the final boss, my entire team but me got killed cause they failed to adjust to the boss mechanics where as I kept jumping over the bosses damage. Basically this is one case where L2P holds greatly.

Ps. Warriors would have a harder time on the final boss if they don’t have ranged. I was a ranger and my pet kept dyeing in 2 hits. Our guardian kept dying as well due to proximity to the boss.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Aurorrae.7462

Aurorrae.7462

tigirius

1. Try jumping the waves rather than dodging. Then your dodge is still up
2. When he teleports… you can mist form, invuln, bubble, what ever you do for your class
3. Look at your traits again. Eles have a handy clear condition when rolling. Helps with all the burning.

In other words, take another look at your skills you don’t use, your weapons in your bag and your traits and keep trying.

I thought it was relatively easy – which is fine for a story mode, temporary dungeon. We one pulled the end bosses without much trouble. It will be fun for a few weeks, and that will be that.

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

*<goes down the list of people saying it’s easy guessing their class> warrior warrior guardian warrior thief mesmer…..

I just did it with a group of total randoms (literally spamming /invite to people in Wayfarer at one point). I think it was something like a Ranger, a Guardian, a Mesmer, an Ele and myself (a Mes). It only took about a half hour or so and it was really fun, when we wiped we just assessed what we could be doing wrong and pretty soon we had it all sussed out:

Smash up the coolant boxes first in that one fridge-y room with the Molten adds and the Vet Effigy. For the last two bosses, try to dodge or evade the concentric ‘pound’ circles when he smashes the floor, and burn down the Firestorm first (since he grants Quickness to the Berzerker).

All of the above was just some common sense and patience.

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I can’t wait until you try an actual dungeon. They’re all fairly easy, but Molten Facility is like Hello Kitty Roller Rescue in comparison to some explorables.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I’ll give 2:1 odds TC is rocking full ’zerker gear.

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Andrax.4576

Andrax.4576

id rather have somewhat difficult dungeon for once, rather than constantly play the old dungeons that have become extremely easy to do.

the Molten Facility wasnt even that hard, sure it was somewhat challenging, but so what, challenge is fun for some.

Until they add difficulty option to dungeons, people will either complain that they are either too easy or too hard.

In this case, the dungeon was just released, you’ll have time to learn it. Id be very dissapointed if people were blasting through the dungeon like its nothing.

Rose Osiana [Elementalist]
Gandara EU
[DYE]

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

First run in was me (Warrior), two eles, a guardian, and a necro. Died a few times, but we figured out where we went wrong, fought hard, and eventually won. Was the first time we all went in too. AND it was a PUG.

Fun too. No yellings or anything… even had fun taunting that bloody weapons tester.
Me: That the best ya got?!
[cue dozens of red rings]
Me: HOLY-!
Necro: Ya had ta open your mouth…

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

WE beat the dungeon first time through, two wipes, one of those on the final bosses. We had no warrior with us. A mesmer, a guardian and three rangers. It wasn’t too hard.

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

I loved it.

Bravo.

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Sinned.8419

Sinned.8419

This dungeon was amazing. The final boss did have a tricky buff that you need to be aware of but after that, the boss is really smooth. Dodge, jump, and shoot.

Guild Wars 2 Machinimas and Let’s Plays found at www.youtube.com/delusionalquester

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Not a hard dungeon. The enemy types you’ve encountered before if you have done any of the F&F stuff, and the final bosses were influenced heavily from Dark Souls, though not as hard. Lots of dodging and jumping, take some vigor skills and some reflects and it’s cake. Was a laid back experience from most dungeons, appreciated the story. Hope we get some permanent content like this…nudge nudge wink wink.

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Valdur.3607

Valdur.3607

Did it with guildies on the first run,wiped once at the final Boss,learned from our mistakes and the second time it went smoothly.

The thing is the dungeon teaches you all the mechanics of the final fight.Everything that the player do is training ground for the final fight where you’ll have to deal with all the fight mechanics in a single encounter.Knowing your class and using the synergies of the other classes you are playing with can make your life easier.Adjusting your traits and weapons for a fight can make a big difference too.

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

Did it with partial guildies, partial pugs. Had a guardian, mesmer (me), ranger, ele, and engie. Had no problems up to the final bosses, where we wiped twice, but finishedit up after that.

I had few problems with dungeon, and I was running full glass. I even dropped down to 6 fps for half the dungeon lol. Nothing wrong with it.

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Darkdanjal.3401

Darkdanjal.3401

I dont know if you are trolling or not but if you are not sorry LOL to hard?… dungeons are not for you then…yesterday we one shotted the dungeon and didnt die once, and I love how they consider this a story mode dungeon, cant wait to see other dungeons with harder parts in it also.

thumbs up for Anet

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Not a breeze but not impossible. Did it with 2 warriors a necro my hunter and can’t remember the last one. We wiped at a blind corner with too many pulls and at the final double boss. The most difficulty was that final, range and keep moving.

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Certain parts were equally frustrating and satisfying at the same time.
The Champ ooze’s pull made me scream, but then I cheered when we finally killed it as I was fighting for my life.

The final two bosses wiped us a couple of times because Berzerker would teleport right on top of me as his AOE buddy decides to put rings all over my area. After a few adjustments to my skills they both went down afterwards.

It was a decent balance, I played with a PUG.

ArenaNet this was a good little fun frustrating jaunt.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

I LOVED this dungeon.. it’s not TOO easy and it’s not TOO hard.. for me anyway, it’s just right and my group 4 manned it. I really like this dungeon in comparison to a lot of the other ones… it’s just a shame it’s only here for a limited time.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

was not too easy, not too difficult and full of fun, i think it was a great success, tbh i think its my favourite dungeon.

the make up we had was just a simple pug as the guild wasn’t interested when i started (they wanted tb) so we had 2x rangers 1 x mesmer (me) 1xele 1x guard.

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I have to agree, same complaints I have about the other dungeons.

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

Then all I can say is you are truly playing a game that isn’t for you.

Ah, wait a minute…you’re one of those “every dungeon should be soloable” people, aren’t you?

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Then all I can say is you are truly playing a game that isn’t for you.

Ah, wait a minute…you’re one of those “every dungeon should be soloable” people, aren’t you?

No I’m one of these “Can we have one dungeon that I can play by myself, please? Or at least can I res at a wp again so I can learn what I did wrong rather than not being able to play for 5+ minutes please?” people. I’m playing a game that is fine for me, 5 months now and I’m still having plenty of fun. I just ignore the dungeons because they’re not fun with 1 or 5 people.

Flame and Frost dungeon

Posted by: gfox.6501

gfox.6501

Did the dungeon for the first time, I didn’t find it hard at all, but it was quite fun, and you had to be quick on your feet, which is why I enjoyed it. Our group was me (tanky warrior, mace+shield/longbow, because mobs hit hard and constantly), thief, necro, mesmer and ele. All of them seem like glass cannon, the ele had a bit of a hard time, but smooth run all through out.