Flames of war?

Flames of war?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: bigz.9823

bigz.9823

Talking to Grandmaster Craftsmen Hobbs to try to start the collection and I don’t see “flames of war” on the menu anywhere. What am I doing wrong? Or is it not added yet?

-bigz|Cono- JQ

(edited by bigz.9823)

Flames of war?

Posted by: Rasgalinj.2763

Rasgalinj.2763

Could be you have to get it from the new zone? I don’t know, just a thought.

Flames of war?

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

it’s in recipes. the first is called forgotten brilliance. second is neophyte’s beacon third is liturgy.

edited because order of recipe brain dumbness

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

(edited by nottsgman.8206)

Flames of war?

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

on that matter can we pls start getting some serious legendaries?

Flames of war?

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Arson Thief ES confirmed…… will look amazing paired with incinerator

Flames of war?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Flames of War is a serious legendary…
… if you imagine yourself back in the US Civil War, hiding in the basement of your family’s plantation cottage outside Greensboro, NC.

A Union soldier stumbles into the secret entrance and points his gun at you.

You pick up the object closest to you, a table lamp, with a shade crocheted by your Great Aunt Maude.

You swing the lamp once. You swing it again. The soldier goes down without firing the shot that would alert his company to your presence. The plantation is saved!

That, my friend, is a serious weapon.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Flames of war?

Posted by: Anela.3867

Anela.3867

… if you imagine yourself back in the US Civil War, hiding in the basement of your family’s plantation cottage outside Greensboro, NC.

You pick up the object closest to you, a table lamp, with a shade crocheted by your Great Aunt Maude.

You swing the lamp once. You swing it again. The soldier goes down without firing the shot that would alert his company to your presence. The plantation is saved!

Thank you. I needed a laugh just now.

Flames of war?

zealex.9410

well yes but not in a fantasy mmo and thats a lamp

Flames of war?

Posted by: bigz.9823

bigz.9823

it’s in recipes. the first is called forgotten brilliance. second is neophyte’s beacon third is liturgy.

edited because order of recipe brain dumbness

- This answered my question thanks.

-bigz|Cono- JQ

Flames of war?

Posted by: Snowrose.3490

Snowrose.3490

Guys where am i find the Gift of Balthazar ? I can’t find in wiki and in game

Flames of war?

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I mean its kinda true that they’re doing joke/serious for each legendary. So far we’re had:
bifrost / nevermore
I guess it doesn’t work for the axes, at a stretch you could say astralia was jokish.
quip / hope
dreamer / the tiger bow
moot / eureka
shooshadoo / flameseeker prophecies
hms divinity / predator
flames of war / rodgort

All except axe.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Flames of war?

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Hi Snow,

Since the legendary is made of metal, my guess is its gift will be similar to Shooshadoo and Eureka. Checkout the Gifts for the last 3 legendary weapons:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Eureka
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Shooshadoo
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Divinity

Shoosh’s and Eureka’s gifts take 4 things:
1 Gift of Metal
1 Gift of the Mists
100 Mystic Runestone
…And….

Then they have their own unique 100 quantity of “x” item (Shards of Friendship or Shard of Endeavor). For the Flames of War, I’m guessing it’ll be 100 Shards of War or something. This unique item is typically made from:

1 Mystic Curio
“x” number of Mithril Ingots
“x” number of Elderwood planks
1 Tribute to"whatever" (for the Flames of War, it’s the Tribute to Lithurgy.)

NOTE: You can buy Tributes to Lithurgy from the Ship NPC in Bloodstone Fen. I’m there now and he has them for sale – 10 Unbound Magic each.

I hope the above info helps. You can also try opening a ticket with Customer Service for clarification.

Good Luck!

Moonlight [THRU]

Flames of war?

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

Hi Snow,

Since the legendary is made of metal, my guess is its gift will be similar to Shooshadoo and Eureka. Checkout the Gifts for the last 3 legendary weapons:

1 Gift of Metal
1 Gift of the Mists
100 Mystic Runestone
…And….

Then they have their own unique 100 quantity of “x” item (Shards of Friendship or Shard of Endeavor). For the Flames of War, I’m guessing it’ll be 100 Shards of War or something. This unique item is typically made from:

1 Mystic Curio

NOTE: You can buy Tributes to Lithurgy from the Ship NPC in Bloodstone Fen. I’m there now and he has them for sale – 10 Unbound Magic each.

I hope the above info helps. You can also try opening a ticket with Customer Service for clarification.

Good Luck!

Your conclusion is wrong. Torches are huntsman weapons so the gift requires a Gift of Wood, not a Gift of Metal.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Flames of war?

Krypto.2069

Hi Snow,

1 Gift of Metal
1 Gift of the Mists
100 Mystic Runestone
…And….

1 Mystic Curio

Good Luck!

Your conclusion is wrong. Torches are huntsman weapons so the gift requires a Gift of Wood, not a Gift of Metal.

Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification, Miellyn!

Moonlight [THRU]

Flames of war?

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Hi Snow,

1 Gift of Metal
1 Gift of the Mists
100 Mystic Runestone
…And….

1 Mystic Curio

Good Luck!

Have you made it?

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Flames of war?

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

well yes but not in a fantasy mmo and thats a lamp

inb4 the next “torch” is a flashlight.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Flames of war?

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

I mean its kinda true that they’re doing joke/serious for each legendary. So far we’re had:
bifrost / nevermore
I guess it doesn’t work for the axes, at a stretch you could say astralia was jokish.
quip / hope
dreamer / the tiger bow
moot / eureka
hms divinity / predator
flames of war / rodgort

All except axe.

Bifrost is not a joke. Just because it has a rainbow on it does not mean it is a joke (the Bifrost as in the bridge to Asgard is a rainbow bridge). I would say that FoW is serious as well. It is litterally a ton a zealots worshiping Balthazar, god of fire. Yes it might be large, and you might not like it, but that doesn’t make it not serious.

Edit: If anything, Rodgort is the joke because it is named after Trogdor the Burninator.

Flames of war?

Lahmia.2193

bifrost / nevermore
quip / hope
dreamer / the tiger bow
moot / eureka
hms divinity / predator
flames of war / rodgort

All except axe.

Bifrost is not a joke. Just because it has a rainbow on it does not mean it is a joke (the Bifrost as in the bridge to Asgard is a rainbow bridge). I would say that FoW is serious as well. It is litterally a ton a zealots worshiping Balthazar, god of fire. Yes it might be large, and you might not like it, but that doesn’t make it not serious.

Edit: If anything, Rodgort is the joke because it is named after Trogdor the Burninator.

I’m talking purely looks here. Joke, light hearted, whatever. Bifrost is a rainbow buttplug. Flames of War is your aunties favourite lamp and Rodgort, well again, only the name seems jokey.

Flames of war?

Posted by: Plautze.6290

Plautze.6290

At least I’m not the only one expecting something … well… more impressive? More threatening than a chandelier-thingy. I mean, c’mon, the thing is called “Flames of War”! All I see is “Flames of Teatime”. Even Wild Abandon would look better as “Flames of War”. But then again, nearly all the legendaries don’t hold much appeal to me.

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Mindblower Torxx

Flames of war?

FrizzFreston.5290

I don’t mind the chandelier type of torch. But the legendary looks worse than the precursors of it.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flames_of_War

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Liturgy

They just went totally overboard on the legendary. with kinda cheap effects. It’s not even that it’s not serious, it’s just totally over the top.

Bifrost is a rainbow buttplug.

You really should get that stick out of your…

:p

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

Flames of war?

Posted by: luminachii.6941

luminachii.6941

Flames of war is by far the worst 2nd gen legend. If your not gonna try to make them fancy just stop trying please. Take this serious and make them awesome.candle stick smh

Flames of war?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

When I first saw the video of someone using it I was wondering why the torch is a cake …

Flames of war?

Lahmia.2193

You really should get that rainbow stick out of your…

:p

Fixed it for you ^^

Flames of war?

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

bifrost / nevermore
quip / hope
dreamer / the tiger bow
moot / eureka
hms divinity / predator
flames of war / rodgort

All except axe.

We had a developer comment here in the forums that they were surprised people regarded the “HMS Divinity” rifle as a joke, because internally at anet they considered it a serious legendary.

I don’t think the Bifrost staff is a joke — it’s got rainbow effects, but nothing like the unicorn arrows tied to it otherwise. It’s … also kinda, like, a rainbow themed legendary, because the (serious) real world Bifrost is also known as “the rainbow bridge”.

Flames of war?

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

I think of Nevermore as more of a joke weapon than Bifrost. It elicits a bunch of Edgar Allen Poe quips.

Flames of war?

Posted by: Ogwom.7940

Ogwom.7940

In my opinion, I prefer the Rodgort Model over that of Flames of War.
I do however like the arm aura and footsteps more on Flames of War (FoW… FoW raid confirmed)
All jokes aside, Rodgort looks amazing with Frostfang.

Flames of war?

Krypto.2069

bifrost / nevermore
quip / hope
dreamer / the tiger bow
moot / eureka
hms divinity / predator
flames of war / rodgort

All except axe.

We had a developer comment here in the forums that they were surprised people regarded the “HMS Divinity” rifle as a joke, because internally at anet they considered it a serious legendary.

I don’t think the Bifrost staff is a joke — it’s got rainbow effects, but nothing like the unicorn arrows tied to it otherwise. It’s … also kinda, like, a rainbow themed legendary, because the (serious) real world Bifrost is also known as “the rainbow bridge”.

It’s funny you mention the HMS Divinity! I finally decided to make it this morning even though I’ve not personally seen anyone with one in game with my own eyes.

And WOAHHH, Nelly! I am impressed by how “POWAAA-FUL” it feels (with its animations and sounds) in the hands of my Warrior. Dude, it feels like a bomb is detonating in my hands every time I shoot it! This thing is not for children! HAHA!

I’d put the HMS in the serious category for sure, just like the Predator, which I also have.

Good Job, Anet on the HMS Divinity!

(but the Flames of War, from a far… errr….ummm… well…. not so sure it’s really a weapon. Sorry.)

Moonlight [THRU]

Flames of war?

FrizzFreston.5290

candle stick smh

Hey to be fair to candle sticks:
https://youtu.be/dqkIMBCwzNg?t=111

Anet totally could make it work, just… maybe not with the caketorch.

Flames of war?

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

The torch is fine. Just needs a little backstory to tie it in with the fall of Balthazaar, maybe.

“Balthazaar stood, his soldiers defeated. The Shadow Army had chased him to the only sanctum he had left. The home of his late grandmother. The Shadow Army advanced against him. Mustering his inner fire, he grabbed the nearest sturdy object. Her decorative coffee table lamp. With a mighty bellow, he shouted “FOR GAM-GAM” and launched his counter attack. Balthazaar may fall, but not without a fight."

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

(edited by Squee.7829)

Flames of war?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I think of Nevermore as more of a joke weapon than Bifrost. It elicits a bunch of Edgar Allen Poe quips.

If only building Nevermore elicited Quips; that would be legendary.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Flames of war?

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

I’ve been hearing about legendary quipping issues lately….. oh wait, that is legendary armor : )

Flames of war?

Posted by: Jojo.6140

Jojo.6140

When I first saw it I was like “ugh, whats that? :/”, but then I looked closer to all the details and actually liked it. Its just a bit too big for my taste. Imo, they couldve taken away the lower ring of candles. So that its a bit more like the precursor, just with the zealots and balthasar and the effects added.

Flames of war?

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

Hi Snow,

1 Gift of Metal
1 Gift of the Mists
100 Mystic Runestone
…And….

1 Mystic Curio

Good Luck!

Have you made it?

Those gifts are one of the few things where ArenaNet is consistent.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Flames of war?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It actually is a serious Legendary. I looked it up and found

Flames of War is a Balthazar-themed torch. Acolytes, clad in red cowls, form a circle around the top of the torch, which resembles a summoning circle, surrounded by candles.” (and if you look you can see Balthazar in the summoning circle).

Which is nice to know cuz before I wiki’d it, I thought it was a cake surrounded by candles.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Flames of war?

Khisanth.2948

Flames of War is a Balthazar-themed torch. Acolytes, clad in red cowls, form a circle around the top of the torch, which resembles a summoning circle, surrounded by candles.” (and if you look you can see Balthazar in the summoning circle).

Which is nice to know cuz before I wiki’d it, I thought it was a cake surrounded by candles.

That picture seem to be staring directly up one of the acolytes robes ….

Flames of war?

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

People can call it serious all they like, the problem is that you can’t see the detail so the detail doesn’t matter. What does matter is that from a normal perspective it looks like a cake.

Its like Graphic Design: if you design a poster but make the type too small for people to read without walking right up to it, you failed.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Flames of war?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

People can call it serious all they like, the problem is that you can’t see the detail so the detail doesn’t matter. What does matter is that from a normal perspective it looks like a cake.

Its like Graphic Design: if you design a poster but make the type too small for people to read without walking right up to it, you failed.

No, no. Not necessarily. You know that there are serious Legendaries and non serious ones. What if this is the start of a series that are both, like the picture that is a beautiful woman if seen one way and an old witch if seen another. This Legendary could be both a cake and Balthazar being summoned, it depends on your viewpoint!

It’s a pity that it’s not a Legendary of Balthazar jumping out of a cake wearing… not much, as that’s a Legendary I would have definitely crafted but obviously it’s a missed opportunity.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Flames of war?

zealex.9410

Let me rephrase, ahem “on that matter can we pls start getting some more visually apealing and kitten looking legendaries?”

Flames of war?

Khisanth.2948

No, no. Not necessarily. You know that there are serious Legendaries and non serious ones. What if this is the start of a series that are both, like the picture that is a beautiful woman if seen one way and an old witch if seen another. This Legendary could be both a cake and Balthazar being summoned, it depends on your viewpoint!

It’s a pity that it’s not a Legendary of Balthazar jumping out of a cake wearing… not much, as that’s a Legendary I would have definitely crafted but obviously it’s a missed opportunity.

Maybe you are on to something. Maybe summoning Balthazar requires cake as one of the component.

Flames of war?

Posted by: Ookamikun.6472

Ookamikun.6472

I actually like HMS Divinity

Flames of war?

SlippyCheeze.5483

So did the developers, and they were all O_o that players put it into the “silly” bucket!

Flames of war?

Djinn.9245

So did the developers, and they were all O_o that players put it into the “silly” bucket!

I’ll bet they’re also surprised that there are players that put this one in the “silly” category.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Flames of war?

Khisanth.2948

Any cake based weapon is going to be categorized as silly.

Flames of war?

SlippyCheeze.5483

I’ll bet they’re also surprised that there are players that put this one in the “silly” category.

I can’t speak for anet, but I’m certainly shocked at the angry responses. I love the look of it, and honestly, I was more disappointed when it turns out to be cultists rather than just candles.

Improvised weapons for magic are awesome. I wish I used a focus on my necro so I could use the improvised one, that lil voodoo doll look, so good!

Not everything needs to be giant swords done in blacker than black to turn up the serious.

…but then, abyss black or whatever the dye is gets so much love, and I think it looks dreadful because all the detail vanishes into nothing but gloom…

Attachments:

Flames of war?

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

Its not about anything being blacker, its how the weapon looks thematically. Right now, it is a cake on a stick. Sunrise is not a super dark legendary and still looks more serious than FoW.

Battlelord Taeres

Flames of war?

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Its not about anything being blacker, its how the weapon looks thematically. Right now, it is a cake on a stick. Sunrise is not a super dark legendary and still looks more serious than FoW.

FoW is probably one of the MOST serious weapons in the game. It is a holy symbol to the god of fire. Has litteral cultists summoning him. I can agree that it could get a size decrease by probably 10% but it is a serious weapon all the way through.

Flames of war?

Djinn.9245

I can’t speak for anet, but I’m certainly shocked at the angry responses. I love the look of it, and honestly, I was more disappointed when it turns out to be cultists rather than just candles.

Were there “angry” responses? I saw disappointed and critical responses. I’ll have to reread because I don’t remember anger.

Improvised weapons for magic are awesome. I wish I used a focus on my necro so I could use the improvised one, that lil voodoo doll look, so good!

Not everything needs to be giant swords done in blacker than black to turn up the serious.

…but then, abyss black or whatever the dye is gets so much love, and I think it looks dreadful because all the detail vanishes into nothing but gloom…

Luckily GW2 doesn’t have a lot of black, serious looking prestige weapons. They glow, or flame, or any number of other interesting and powerful-looking effects. But you don’t have to be super-serious to prefer your adventurer be carrying something that looks like an actual weapon vs. something silly.

And don’t get me wrong, I don’t care that there is silly in GW2. I just personally prefer things that look like actual weapons and am disappointed when Anet releases something like this because that = one less thing for me. Others are excited because they prefer silly, and that’s fine, I’m just expressing my opinion.

Flames of war?

Djinn.9245

FoW is probably one of the MOST serious weapons in the game. It is a holy symbol to the god of fire. Has litteral cultists summoning him. I can agree that it could get a size decrease by probably 10% but it is a serious weapon all the way through.

Except that’s not what it looks like unless you look at it up close. Those who are talking about FoW looking like cake or candelabra or whatever are talking about how it looks from a reasonable distance.

If you see someone run by it looks like they are carrying cake on a stick. YOU many know what it really is, but that doesn’t matter to all those who don’t.

Flames of war?

Posted by: Ookamikun.6472

Ookamikun.6472

I mean, personally I don’t see anything wrong with HMS Divinity. I like cannon-looking weapons and the body of the weapon looking like a frigate pretty much complements it. I guess people are turned off by the sails?

Flames of war?

Djinn.9245

I mean, personally I don’t see anything wrong with HMS Divinity. I like cannon-looking weapons and the body of the weapon looking like a frigate pretty much complements it. I guess people are turned off by the sails?

I think it’s not that there is anything wrong with the body looking like a ship, its just that it’s so “kitchy” that makes it kind of silly. The ship looks kind-of cartoonish instead of threatening.