Flushing The Mystic Toilet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Guns and Giblets.9308

Guns and Giblets.9308

I offer this quote without comment:

2,000 rares without seeing a precursor is not, in fact, all that uncommon. I have a recorded streak of over 7,000 rares fed to the forge without seeing a precursor (and that is not counting the rares that popped out of the forge and immediately recycled back in).

Precursors are really that rare, and the RNG gods are fickle. Do not play the forge game for precursors if you can’t afford to lose hundreds of gold without seeing a result.

“A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.” -Jewish Proverb

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I could care less about a Legendary weapon, so, I’m unconcerned.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

then whats the point in replying?

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

I got a precursor, Storm for Meteorlogicus, off a random trash mob in Arah path 4 (this is why I really cringe at skipping mobs usually). A friend of mine got Dusk off from mystic toilet. Yet another one got Zap from killing in WvW. Precursors in general, are just that random and fickle. It is VERY annoying and I think the devs intend for it to annoy us that way.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Same point as using the toilet?

Im Mudbone.1437

Because I can.

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

I’ve heard Anet intends to make precursors craftable. If so, this would be a big help to those already having issues with getting the T6 dust required.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

LOL on SOS server this morning someone had attached a tree to the forge and you could pull it like a chain…… flushhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I’ve heard Anet intends to make precursors craftable. If so, this would be a big help to those already having issues with getting the T6 dust required.

Awesome! A bloodstone shard, 250/250 ori crafting material and 20,000 crystaline dusts sounds good?

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Then why did you bother posting in the topic?

Im Mudbone.1437

Then why did you bother posting in the topic?

For the same reason I posted in another thread about this, “because I can”.

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Awesome! A bloodstone shard, 250/250 ori crafting material and 20,000 crystaline dusts sounds good?

Too little, actually. Bloodstone Shard wouldn’t stop anyone, 500 pieces of orichalcum have easily found sources, and Crystalline Dust is found in multiple areas.

No, I would expect ArenaNet to make the recipe for precursors to be as frustrating as the current Mystic Toilet is. Something like 500 Charged Lodestone (together with a nerf to their drop rates from Orr boxes and from Fractals) together with 250 Pristine Fractal Relics, 100 laurels and something obtuse like 1000 dungeon tokens, with different dungeons for different precursors.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s all the “scavenger hunt” becomes, in fact: insane grind to get something that is just a component in the massive Legendary grind.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Hit or miss. Once threw 50G worth of exotics into the forge and got the Lover, decided to try my luck again(greed) and lost 700G in a day and pretty much rose every level 75 exotic price up 30s