FoW/UW

FoW/UW

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: olleandersson.9408

olleandersson.9408

Am I the only one who would kill to see this in Guild Wars 2 aswell? My question is, would it actually work, as it did in Guild Wars 1? What would the pros/cons be? Would it work with the class setups, with the dodge system etc? Or would it be as with any other dungeon – a faceroll. ?

~ [LuPi] Lupi Stole My Bike ~
Melee ranger since launch.

FoW/UW

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

lvl85-90 champions as common enemies like Aatxe, with at least rare drop, GL&HF
Thats what i expect from UW.

FoW/UW

Posted by: Almoryk Kane.6085

Almoryk Kane.6085

There are various ways that Fissure of Woe and Under World could work in the new Guild Wars 2 style. It would have to be a private instance. It would be great for it to be an open world map with really tough events that need coordination. With leaving plenty of stuff to do for the “zerg”

For private instance I think there should be 2 modes. One for the slandered 5 group. And another for a 10 group. Much like the Factions Urgoz Warden they doubled the group size from 6 to 12. Leaving room for balancing and challenge. If you remember death in FOW or UW was permanent. If everyone is dead or one person is alive without resurrection it was game over. You had to start from the beginning. With how everyone can resurrect there would still need to be some challenge to keep it risk versus reward. As for reward there needs to be really good stuff. New Armors, new weapons, and maybe some new pre cursor legendary stuff. It would be nice and I am sure its on the way. One day.

FoW/UW

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Imo, Fractals cover the role of FoW/UW. They’re far more difficult that the GW1 “dungeons,” and give exclusive loot.

FoW/UW

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Imo, Fractals cover the role of FoW/UW. They’re far more difficult that the GW1 “dungeons,” and give exclusive loot.

Exclusive GARBAGE LOOT.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

FoW/UW

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

UW/FoW= when the party dies, you exit the zone.
0 way points.
Lvl 90 baddies and a lvl 100 boss would be nice with interesting mechanics.
Eternal gear, obby blades and chaos axes that are rare and need to be acquired from playing and NOT in the gemstore.
I would even welcome Obsidian armor that is NOT in the gemstore.
There is nothing left to do in GW2 except Teq and Wurms and even that is different content than elite dungeons.
Make me change my bar in the dungeon, make me think for the love of balthazaar about the dungeon and not just stack n smack!
I can’t imagine myself continuing to play GW2 without some sort of high risk, high reward content that is fun and engaging.
Fractals is NOT that content and zerg is the antithesis of that content.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

FoW/UW

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

Am I the only one who would kill to see this in Guild Wars 2 aswell? My question is, would it actually work, as it did in Guild Wars 1? What would the pros/cons be? Would it work with the class setups, with the dodge system etc? Or would it be as with any other dungeon – a faceroll. ?

I ran duo UW runs for people that were either too lazy or coudn’t do it themselves. I made 1.2k ectos doing that in a few months. >Might of been more, not sure.

Anyhow, I don’t see us getting anything of the level of UW or FOW. The first time I stepped into UW I was one shotted, I stepped in on my first character a Ranger. No idea what to expect.

I can’t see any form of UW/FOW being implemented in a respectful matter of what it were in GW1. It would just be a “harder” dungeon with a daily reward and in a few weeks there would be a optimal tactic out online. And because of the Gems>gold/Gold>gems. There would be no meaningful reward. GW2 is a pure themepark MMO with no room for anything but strict systems and DR. It’s the sad truth and why I have not played for a month.

I played for about two weeks after the feature pack, went from 60 gold to 300. But the boring routine of doing the same dungeons over and over, and the world bosses got old pretty quick.

I just don’t see any kind of content being fun and rewarding enough like it were in GW1. If it gives too much rewards it will be nerfed and result in people doing something else.

The Auction House is the cause of this IMO. You can’t have rewarding content because the items will simply be cheap. Because of the global auction house.

In GW1 I was aiming to buy the Polar bear. I managed to buy a Identified one for my ectos. It was way more rewarding for me than getting my two legendaries in GW2.

FoW/UW

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I ran duo UW runs for people that were either too lazy or coudn’t do it themselves. I made 1.2k ectos doing that in a few months. >Might of been more, not sure.

Anyhow, I don’t see us getting anything of the level of UW or FOW. The first time I stepped into UW I was one shotted, I stepped in on my first character a Ranger. No idea what to expect.

I can’t see any form of UW/FOW being implemented in a respectful matter of what it were in GW1. It would just be a “harder” dungeon with a daily reward and in a few weeks there would be a optimal tactic out online. And because of the Gems>gold/Gold>gems. There would be no meaningful reward. GW2 is a pure themepark MMO with no room for anything but strict systems and DR. It’s the sad truth and why I have not played for a month.

I played for about two weeks after the feature pack, went from 60 gold to 300. But the boring routine of doing the same dungeons over and over, and the world bosses got old pretty quick.

I just don’t see any kind of content being fun and rewarding enough like it were in GW1. If it gives too much rewards it will be nerfed and result in people doing something else.

The Auction House is the cause of this IMO. You can’t have rewarding content because the items will simply be cheap. Because of the global auction house.

In GW1 I was aiming to buy the Polar bear. I managed to buy a Identified one for my ectos. It was way more rewarding for me than getting my two legendaries in GW2.

Sadly I agree 100% with this post

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

FoW/UW

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

GW1 was done right, I still play once a week. LONG LIVE GW1

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

FoW/UW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

… If you remember death in FOW or UW was permanent….

No, it isn’t, you can rez each other but if the entire party wipes it is indeed all over. But that is common and not an exception, only world instances have resurrection shrines.

FoW/UW

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

I would just love to see the non-linear instances come back, where you have a bunch of tasks to complete (10/11 quests in UW/FoW) which you can complete in your own order and in your own way. Much like AC story, where after killing the champion in the middle platform where Kholer is in explorable (Foefire’s Heart) you have to kill 3 bosses, but it is up to you in which order to kill them.

Nova [rT]

FoW/UW

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

GW1: Aatxe, mighty demonic creatures; Children of an ancient race who once dominated most of the mosts.

GW2: Aatxe, weak shadowy creatures who serve no other purpose than guiding a world event.

FoW/UW

Posted by: olleandersson.9408

olleandersson.9408

This. I still hope for something similar to FoW/UW though… A challenging dungeon that is permanent. But then again, i doubt it would be any harder than the current dungeons, the dodge function is what makes everything so easy. Especially with vigor & superior sigil of energy.

~ [LuPi] Lupi Stole My Bike ~
Melee ranger since launch.