Foe Fire weapons / Mist Weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jon.5761

Jon.5761

Why on earth would you take away the glow effect when the foe fires/mist weapons are put away….. it makes no sense, what are you thinking? ……

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

THIS THIS THIS OMG.

Really what the hell. Completely ridiculous considering their cost.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: The Angle of Deth.2985

The Angle of Deth.2985

WHAT??!? I just made that sword! This is not what I made in the Mystic Forge…I want my mats refunded! Cause if it’s not gonna glow I want my mats back cause a violet transparent blade is NOT what I made.

I would never have shoved 1 Eldritch Scroll, 100 Mystic Coins, 250 Ectos and 250 Orichalcum greatsword blades into the forge for this! I even bought gems to finish the kitten thing!! I will NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!

Absolutely ridiculous.

(edited by The Angle of Deth.2985)

Posted by: Anjhouli.7049

Anjhouli.7049

I’m still not ingame… how bad is it? Can anyone post a quick screen? I really loved that weapon…. I built myself the greatsword and two axes…

Jrunyon.3012

This is how the mist pistol looks sheathed now..

Attachments:

Nesmee – Thief

Posted by: Jon.5761

Jon.5761

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LIwyv0f.jpg[/IMG]

lol. what a load of rubbish

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

they both looks ugly anyways with or without effects.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

….I feel so bad for you…. sometimes you cant even see the Greatsword and the only thing you can see is theglow around the “Vision of the Mists” Greatsword….

maybe they did it because legendaries too have their specialeffects only when wielded
and its not fair that non-legendaries which are a lot cheaper have effects while not used and legendaries dont…

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: slycere.1296

slycere.1296

This is really sad… considering the effort I exerted gathering the materials to make my Mist weapon it feels so unfair. And a stealth update at that (no mention whatsoever in the release notes nor in any pronouncements prior to the update). If I had known they would be implementing this in this update I would’ve had second thoughts crafting mine. I feel sort of cheated….

I understand that it may be a step towards refining some of the game’s particle effects for increased performance but why these weapons? There are tons of particle effects in other areas of the game where you could have started. This move — directly impacting a player’s effort and stealthily applying it with nary an explanation, while not really answering any substantial game issue — simply leaves a bad taste….

I really hope this was unintended.

Shyld Slycere, Synful Slycere, Syn Slycere,
Bryndle Slycere, Bryl Slycere, Flytes Slycere,
Shyde Slycere – Northern Shiverpeaks

Jrunyon.3012

they both looks ugly anyways with or without effects.

Oh hey Nuka, did they add trolling the forums as a new daily this patch? That seems to be all you do. How about you take your negativity to a different game.

Nesmee – Thief

Posted by: Remedy.8051

Remedy.8051

The new strategy of less frequent but of supposedly higher quality is really paying dividends.

On a completely unrelated note – my mesmer clones no longer wield Vision of the Mists (purple aura or not) or even Bifrost.

Apparently, it was too easy to find the human player amongst the clones.

Annoy (Mesmer) – Henge of Denravi

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

Well, maybe it’s only me, but in general I do like it when weapons lose their particle effects when stowed. Maybe it’s just a bit weird for the mists weapons because they supposedly consist entirely of the glowing “ethereal essence” or whatever.. I do hope they did the same for the fiery dragon sword.

Posted by: Aikawa.8726

Aikawa.8726

“I really hope this was unintended.”

So do I.

It really feels like having corrupted weapons. Not that I find them horrible but well… If I knew from the beginning that it wouldn’t glow I wouldn’t have crafted those weapons…

It’s like buying an iPhone 5 then you realize it’s just an iPhone 4.

“I feel sort of cheated….”

That is EXACTLY how I feel right now.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Something tells me it’s a bug.

Posted by: SnakoTakagorro.1257

SnakoTakagorro.1257

What the… I was so stunned when i logged in… just to find that my Vision of the Mist was so horribly nerfed. They removed the glow and the awesome double hilt it once had. I was farming all those expensive recources and waiting for so long to get this great sword – just to loose it after only 4 days. Why did they do that? What’s the point of removing it’s main selling point – something that made this weapons unique and great to have. I just have to pray that it was unintentional or they change it back.

The Angle of Deth.2985

The problem is that we made that blade with the knowledge that it would glow wielded AND stowed. For that weapon to be changed after the fact is unbelievable.

It’s not right. I’ve had my blade about two weeks.

I want my raw mats (yeah 6 stacks of ori as I have no use for blades at this point, mystic coins, and a stack of ectos) refunded or the gold in game equivalent and my skill pts returned.

I’ll mail the blade to who ever at Anet or destroy the blade. Which ever TPTB prefer. Cause I do not want it now.

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

What. The. Hell.

I am sitting on 1 Eldritch Scroll, 100 Mystic Coins, 250 Orichalcum Greatsword Blades, and 235 ecto. I have been working on this sword since Christmas because I know I’ll never be able to craft a legendary. Way to completely demolish everything I’ve been working toward. At first I was thrilled that they fixed “Pure Of Voice”, now I don’t even wanna log in this evening…

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

“I really hope this was unintended.”

So do I.

It really feels like having corrupted weapons. Not that I find them horrible but well… If I knew from the beginning that it wouldn’t glow I wouldn’t have crafted those weapons…

It’s like buying an iPhone 5 then you realize it’s just an iPhone 4.

“I feel sort of cheated….”

That is EXACTLY how I feel right now.

Isnt Iphone 4 just the same like Iphone 5? HAHA

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

The Angle of Deth.2985

Actually, it would be like buying an iPhone 5 and then Apple making it a Blackberry.

Aikawa.8726

Haha, that is the point, it’s almost the same, but slightly different. :p

Well, I mean, you buy something and it isn’t what you have expected for. It’s just outrageous.

Mists Weapons and Foe Fire Weapons had just lost what made them unique.

It really is a shame, hope to have a fix soon! Or at least have a GOOD reason to their removal.

Posted by: Pascone.9078

Pascone.9078

Really can’t believe this. If this really was intended, why? I worked so kitten hard with the knowledge that Wall of the Mists would be misty stowed. It just looks absolutely terrible now when it’s stowed away. I spent so long gathering all the mats up and now the skin’s changed? This isn’t what I worked hard for and it took bloody ages as well. Don’t know what to think anymore.

Posted by: galimx.8907

galimx.8907

I hope this is a bug or byebye gw2.

Posted by: Anjhouli.7049

Anjhouli.7049

Been ingame now. It sucks. One doesn’t even see the vision of the mists anymore on the back of the character. I fell in love with this skin very early on, and worked hard to get the stuff together. I have had mine for months now, and I loved it! Now it’s just… meeeh.

Posted by: Nottix.7864

Nottix.7864

I’m sure it’s intended. Just found out the completely changed the sound on my legendary rifle. So upset now. All that work to get one, and they change the sound, one of the reason I pushed for that one.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I’m so glad I never farmed for that stuff now. I’d be kitten off otherwise.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Aikawa.8726

If this is really intended, then better not buy stuff anymore. Who knows, they might just change the Abyssal dye and say us it’s red now. Oh wait, why not change the armor/weapon’s stats? That would be great, either way, nice job on this one.

You just ruined the effort of a lot of players.

galimx.8907

Its like you buy a blue ferari, but then after few days it changes to a van. Guess thats ok for anet?

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

I shall add my hope that this is indeed a bug, not a feature.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

yeah, looks pretty lame…

Posted by: kandolo.2574

kandolo.2574

Posted by: Gretl.3156

Gretl.3156

I’ve read the topic, I got sweaty palms, rushed to my char with Abyssal Scepter and…
Q.Q
Dear God, all my ectos just got wasted on a purple stick.
What’s the point of trying to make weapons look like with legendary effect? (I mean like with twilight – you get no aura and stuff until you use it). It’s an exotic, it doesn’t have to hide its quality until it’s required to be taken!
Let’s just all claim our stacks of ecto back for making purple poop instead of Unique Mist/Foefire Weapons…

galimx.8907

Whats the point of Vision of the Mists now ? It looks like a level 10 greatsword. 250 ectos for that? Are you kidding me ? I dont get it really.

The Angle of Deth.2985

And let’s not forget in addition to the stack of ectos, 50 skill pts, 1500 ori ore, and 100 mystic coins.

I want my mats back. This is bordering on fraud.

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

Really? Wow… I’ve been saving up for my foefire for quite some time now, but now I’m not even sure I want it anymore :S

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Posted by: Draconus.9786

Draconus.9786

Yea it basically ruined my visions of the mist. It was my favorite weapon. It honestly makes me not want to log on anymore.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I would certainly like to give them the benefit of the doubt and think it’s a bug. However there’s a thread in the bug forum and here and no response. Given the cost of, say, Foefires Essence, this is certainly a ragequit level issue. They can settle it with one response. Of course, if they intend to say it’s intentional they’ll have to gear up for another PR event.

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I’m sure this is a bug. It needs to be reverted.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Draconus.9786

I hope it’s a bug. Up until now I had no problems with this game. It’s fun, no subscriptions, etc. Honestly I am pretty outraged by this. Well I won’t be spending anymore money in the gem shop or playing until this hopefully gets fixed. It’s a huge disappointment for many I can imagine. I think I may have to just shelf this game for awhile.

The Angle of Deth.2985

I can’t even bring myself to do the dailies. I never miss them.

Usually do some dungeons…

What’s the point?

Posted by: Culzean.8571

Culzean.8571

This is definitely not intended. If you can’t speculate at the answer to “why?” then it’s probably a bug.

-Wulf

Raine.1394

Just logged in again and you know what? Foefires Essence isn’t simply ‘less’ without the effects, it’s ugly. It’s just way too much bright plainness in your face. Now I’m OCD around the issue, we really need an answer.

Posted by: Yozoh.8179

Yozoh.8179

Aikawa.8726

I swear, Wall of the Mists looks worse than anything else. It’s horrible :

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6412/gw117r.jpg

It’s ******* PINK!

Intentional? Unintentional? Either way it doesn’t change the fact that we are now playing with horrible looking weapons (when stowed). In fact, I just don’t even feel like playing the game atm.

Just have to wait for an answer I guess.

Raine.1394

Wow, I don’t own that one and it truly is bizarre without the effects. Just, wow.

Posted by: Calpurnia.9267

Calpurnia.9267

Well, that’s crazy to hear. I’m terrified to see what my Anomaly or Aether look like now.

I think the main drive for me to buy five of the Mist weapons from the TP and craft one Aether was for the particle effects showing while unsheathed. I really hope this gets reversed soon.

I’m not sure if it’s a bug – wouldn’t it be intentional for them to make such a change?

Calpurnia
Strike Force [SF] : : Jade Quarry

Draconus.9786

Seriously wish a dev would come in and at least answer if this is a bug that’s being fixed or intentional.

Posted by: Talken.3867

Talken.3867

Wow, my foefire hammer looks like crap now without the glow…. I hope they patch this, what was the point of working/farming so hard for the mats then??

Anet, we demand answers!

Posted by: Sous.5164

Sous.5164

The bow Aether has this same issue. I have posted a message on the bugs forum at the link below if you would like to keep an eye on the subject.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Aether-visual-effects-broken/first#post1520628

Raine.1394

Posted by: Diogo Augusto.6904

Diogo Augusto.6904

That’s sad, just made my FoeFire’s Essence :/

I really hope they fix this quickly