Foefire Wraps Skin Night Effect

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

I bought the new Foefire Wraps skin, and the description describes how the gloves look different at night. I’m honestly not noticing a difference though. Since LA seems to be in perpetual daylight for some reason, I went to AC (as I believe it’s always night time there, am I wrong?), and also a couple of maps that appeared to be at night time. Does the effect just get more noticeable, or am I missing something? For instance, on the shoulder pads the candles light up at night. I suppose I could transmute one of my weapons to an AC skin to be sure, but that’s a waste!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not sure if this applies in your case, but…

The ghostly aura effect does not appear at all if the wearer’s chest piece sleeves cover the forearms down to the wrist.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Foefire_Wraps

Good luck.

nosleepdemon.1368

I saw that, but I think I’m OK – I’m wearing Braham’s chest piece. Taking the armour off didn’t change the effect. I see a coloured, dyeable smoke rising from the gloves but it doesn’t seem to change much during night or day time. I assumed that maybe the gloves began to glow blue like Foefire, or that the effect somehow became stronger but I don’t think I’m seeing any difference. It must be subtle. I’ve attached a picture; the blue you see there is from the Herald’s Glint stance.

Attachments:

(edited by nosleepdemon.1368)

nosleepdemon.1368

It’s now daytime and you can see that the effect is slightly darker, but I wouldn’t say that it’s really changed. It looks more like the post processing bloom and bright light have washed the colour out. I do like the appearance of the gloves, but if this is indeed the “changing” of the effect, that’s a bit misleading imo.

Attachments:

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The blue areas seem to be glowing more at night, but it not a marked effect.

What setting is “animations” on?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

nosleepdemon.1368

This is against some cliffs in LA at day time. The effect is definitely diminished. Judge for yourselves if it’s worthy of being termed “different”. The shoulders cost the same amount, have the same tooltip text, but their appearance changes when their candles light up at night.

Attachments:

nosleepdemon.1368

The blue areas seem to be glowing more at night, but it not a marked effect.

What setting is “animations” on?

Everything’s maxed out, including animations. The blue effect is actually Glint. If I switch to Shiro for example, it turns green.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I know on the ghostly infusions, it doesn’t show if animations are set to low. What do you have animations set to on your computer?

Well, maybe it’s just subtle.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: WarRooster.6502

WarRooster.6502

I got them too and as far as i can tell there is no appearance change. I waited for the the transition between day and night and nothing on the gloves changed. I have tried it with both the original dyes and dyes that i have picked and still nothing. I thought that the dye channel that is used for the luminescent runes was going to change color depending on the time of day . But there is no change. Is the appearance change something else ??

2nd picture is in AC , no difference.

Attachments:

nosleepdemon.1368

I know on the ghostly infusions, it doesn’t show if animations are set to low. What do you have animations set to on your computer?

Well, maybe it’s just subtle.

It must be yeah, perhaps the fact that I’ve chosen a slightly darker purple (still the brightest I have) has something to do with it.

nosleepdemon.1368

I got them too and as far as i can tell there is no appearance change. I waited for the the transition between day and night and nothing on the gloves changed. I have tried it with both the original dyes and dyes that i have picked and still nothing. I thought that the dye channel that is used for the luminescent runes was going to change color depending on the time of day . But there is no change. Is the appearance change something else ??

2nd picture is in AC , no difference.

I can only suspect that it’s a very slight darkening of the ghostly smoke aura. I honestly can’t think of anything else that it might be. The trouble is that just general day light seems to hide the effect – you would expect it to be naturally less noticeable in sun light. Maybe it’s a bug?

I’m more curious than disappointed; they do look good with the glow and how the wrappings hang off the character’s arms. I’d say they are a nice alternative to the Chaos Gloves, but if it’s eye stabbing neon you’re looking for, the Chaos Gloves do give more bang for one’s buck.

(edited by nosleepdemon.1368)

Just a flesh wound.3589

That’s disappointing. I’ve bought the gloves with the (apparently erroneous) assumption that there would be day/night changes like the weapons.

Figures :/

ANet may give it to you.

WarRooster.6502

I don’t know, i have tried it using an orange for the rune and smoke effect and you can see the smoke in the day time just fine. It’s hard to know when you don’t know what the effect is supposed to be.

nosleepdemon.1368

That’s disappointing. I’ve bought the gloves with the (apparently erroneous) assumption that there would be day/night changes like the weapons.

Figures :/

That’s what I was expecting – a bright blue glow overriding the usual colour. Maybe it’s not quite working as intended?

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m guessing what you see is what you get. That regardless of the advertisement, it’s only a smoky effect that might intensify a bit a night.

(And the shoulders are bizarre).

ANet may give it to you.

nosleepdemon.1368

I’m guessing what you see is what you get. That regardless of the advertisement, it’s only a smoky effect that might intensify a bit a night.

(And the shoulders are bizarre).

Yup, ah well

WarRooster.6502

The thing is… when you first buy them and put the gloves on the rune and smoke effect is green . The advert header on the Gem Store shows the effects as blue. To me this suggests that the colors are supposed to change between night and day. This is why i bought them.
It would be nice if we could get some clarification on this as i think it’s a bug and the colors are not changing like their supposed to .

nosleepdemon.1368

Green? That’s bizarre! If I recall, when I previewed them the effect colour was blue, and this remained so when I assigned the skin to my gloves. Resetting the dye also returns them to their blue colour. I am hoping this is a bug, because they could do with a more obvious transition. A bit of clarification would be great!

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

The gloves look nice, but idk about that shoulder piece..

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I got the shoulders to go pretty well with my male sylvari berserker’s look, but they are very niche.

Attachments: