Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

How is this at all useful?

Food - 25% Movement speed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

to negate the automatic speedbuff of pact commander mastery in cities in order to have close to normal runspeed for jumping puzzles in cities again

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Obviously for WvW…

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Obviously for WvW…

Why would you want a negative 25% movement speed for WvW?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

Are you all sure that’s a -25% and not Food: 25% Movement speed?

Just a flesh wound.3589

Are you all sure that’s a -25% and not Food: 25% Movement speed?

No, not sure since the OP didn’t bother to write why he felt this was a good idea but instead just threw it out there and expected people to know why and where it would be useful nor did he go into how it would affect different game modes such as WvW with movement speed buffs on command like that.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

snip

obviously doesnt get that we should treat op’s like they know more then us. where are your manners sir.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

DGraves.3720

to negate the automatic speedbuff of pact commander mastery in cities in order to have close to normal runspeed for jumping puzzles in cities again

Wouldn’t just making the effect toggleable be … easier?

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Make it a big turkey dinner (poultry + oil + seasoning) for the -25% speed.

As for why was already brought up: jumping puzzles in towns.

Little red Lioka

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’m all for edible mounts.

It could be a cookie shaped like a horse and make little clomping noises as you run.

Recipe: red meat, cinnamon, cookie dough, coconuts.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Hero and gathering banners do give a 10% movement boost. Not exactly a cheap option, but considering people were dumping gold on swift moa feathers…

Also, grab the mid kits from sentries, lol. That actually helps.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Lol didn’t even realize that it looked like -25% till just now after wondering wtf ya’ll are talking about.

My bad.

Meant Food: 25% Movement speed

Just a flesh wound.3589

Lol didn’t even realize that it looked like -25% till just now after wondering wtf ya’ll are talking about.

My bad.

Currently to have a 25% movement speed you need to give up something in order to use something else. A utility slot, a weapon, a trait, a set of runes. With a speed buff from food it’s a 25% speed buff toggled on and off, on demand and no cooldown.

For example: they would have the food speed buff and combat buffs in inventory which they keep open and minimized to one side. In WvW they hit the speed food to have plus 25% speed to roam or to catch up with someone. Once combat is about to start they hit the combat buff food. If they need to disengage or chase someone they hit the speed buff food. They can have speed buffs and still have a preferred weapon set, an extra utility skill, a different trait chosen or a different set of runes. A toggle-able speed buff that doesn’t require you to give something up would have an appreciable effect on WvW.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

My bad.

You should edit the title. GOOD IDEA, BTW!!!

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

If this food exit would probably be very expensive for reason that Flesh Wound say. In many example have to sacrifice some thing for travel speed buff. I think Chronomancer only one I think of because it is in trait but not a trait can choose option because minor grandmaster . Part of trait line and my opinion Chronomancer much better.

Of course could also argue that by use this food with travel speed sacrifice other food buff because only one food work at a time.

;)

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

It could be programmed like the birthday blaster cake… it will not override any food you’re currently using, and any food eaten while it’s up will override it.

(speaking of, the birthday blaster does give you a 3 seconds of quickness… it’s just not long enough with the “sugar rush” state barring a reapplication for 30 sec)

~EW

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

Get a bowl of seaweed salad or a bowl of asparagus and sage salad then kill random ambient mobs while roaming around.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

This would change the way I think about playing Guardian … so I would say that’s pretty useful.

DGraves.3720

This would change the way I think about playing Guardian … so I would say that’s pretty useful.

What exactly would you change? Just curious.

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

Well if you could food buff speed, it might free up certain traits in classes that you build around that for. Or you could add in a condi cleanse or something vs the speed signet.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Not using Runes of the Traveller … always.

DGraves.3720

Not using Runes of the Traveller … always.

I can see that allowing for major opportunities.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

My bad.

Currently to have a 25% movement speed you need to give up something in order to use something else. A utility slot, a weapon, a trait, a set of runes. With a speed buff from food it’s a 25% speed buff toggled on and off, on demand and no cooldown.

For example: they would have the food speed buff and combat buffs in inventory which they keep open and minimized to one side. In WvW they hit the speed food to have plus 25% speed to roam or to catch up with someone. Once combat is about to start they hit the combat buff food. If they need to disengage or chase someone they hit the speed buff food. They can have speed buffs and still have a preferred weapon set, an extra utility skill, a different trait chosen or a different set of runes. A toggle-able speed buff that doesn’t require you to give something up would have an appreciable effect on WvW.

/nerdglasses
Technically, you’re giving up a food slot, but I see what you mean. Lots of people don’t even use food/honing items because they forget. In the above scenario, a pair of shared inventory slots would suddenly be a huge boon, since those slots remain on top of inventory. As far as “giving up” something in exchange for +25% speed. . .

I just had a little brainsplosion here. Why not an on-kill sigil that gives +1% speed per stack? It would require combat with critters, or players in wvwpvp, and it takes up a sigil slot that would normally go toward +damage or on-hit/crit effects.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632