Food duration stacking

Food duration stacking

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

I cant be the only one who is annoyed to watch the buffs for the food duration. In wvw I got other stuff to care about, why cant we just click 30min food 10 times to get 300mins? Such a simple improvement which helps so much.

Food duration stacking

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Because food in the real world doesn’t work that way?

Also, they sell a gemstore item that greatly extends the food’s duration. They want you to buy that, they’re not going to make it unnecessary.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Food duration stacking

Aury.1367

Ah, didnt know. Maybe then we should get rid of waypoints, healing skills, every other non physical skills, potions which give you 10% attack vs a special race, hammers dropping from harpies, harpies, I never saw an ambulance ingame-we need one because the real world has. I also want all dragon NPCs to be deleted BECAUSE THEY FREAKING DONT EXSIST! I cant facepalm that hard.

Also, they sell a gemstore item that greatly extends the food’s duration. They want you to buy that, they’re not going to make it unnecessary.

Oh, sentence no.2 has actually a real sense. Food duration extenders are usefull if the food is expensive. But clicking the food 10 times still means you have to freaking buy the kitten food.

Food duration stacking

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Ah, didnt know. Maybe then we should get rid of waypoints, healing skills, every other non physical skills, potions which give you 10% attack vs a special race, hammers dropping from harpies, harpies, I never saw an ambulance ingame-we need one because the real world has. I also want all dragon NPCs to be deleted BECAUSE THEY FREAKING DONT EXSIST! I cant facepalm that hard.

That was the joke, yes.

My apologies, I didn’t think anyone would actually take that statement seriously.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Food duration stacking

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

If they added this, they would have to disable it for feasts, for obvious reasons.

I don’t think the Metabolic Primer has much to do with this, but I also have trouble picturing a use case for Metabolic Primer in the first place. 105 gems (the cost for primers bought in bulk) is 15 gold to buy, or 24 gold if you buy the gems in cash and sell them instead.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Food duration stacking

Aury.1367

If they added this, they would have to disable it for feasts, for obvious reasons.

Just a cooldown on that, done.

Food duration stacking

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

the real world doesn’t work that way?

Oh lawd.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Food duration stacking

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

This would be so great for consuming individual foods – as said, you have to buy the food in the first place so it would be a great quality of life change. Just have a stacking limit – ie, “you are full” at 5 stacks or something.

But of course more extreme limitations must be put in place for Feasts.

Food duration stacking

Aury.1367

well, simply put a “only once per feast” and were fine.

Food duration stacking

Posted by: JustCurious.3457

JustCurious.3457

Would be nice to be able to stack up the duration, I always forget to keep eating to reapply. There should be a limit though, maybe only up to 2 hours like the fireworks?

Classes: Guardian, Elementalist, Warrior, Thief, Engineer, Herald

Food duration stacking

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

For feasts: Just make them remove any food buff before applying their own. The result is that the feast will always refresh the duration to 30mins instead of adding them.

Edit: Maybe add a confirmation box if you’re about to remove a 31+mins food buff?

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

(edited by BunjiKugashira.9754)

Food duration stacking

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Yes it does. A python can eat prey size of deer and survive off it for weeks.