Food items w/ crit hit bonuses: internal cooldown

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Food items that give special bonuses upon a critical hit now have an internal cooldown before they can produce the special bonus again.

Huge Nerf… but no compensation?

It wasn’t that overpowered, but there was no reason to nerf this, now confusion/retal need a huge nerf in pve wvwvw.

I mean, you pretty much just made a lot of viable builds worthless but didn’t improve healing at all to match the effects, its a pretty dumb move.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Food shouldn’t even exist in a game that is meant to place players on an even scale and be more about skill in the first place.

It’s a bit ridiculous if you’re quitting because consumable items which were heavily abused in WvW have been changed >.>

Daecollo.9578

Food shouldn’t even exist in a game that is meant to place players on an even scale and be more about skill in the first place.

It’s a bit ridiculous if you’re quitting because consumable items which were heavily abused in WvW have been changed >.>

Well, now the only good food is 10% Critical Damage/Precision, Congradulations on Wowifying the game and removing all the fun effects.

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

R.I.P Omnomberry Pie

:3

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

Well, now the only good food is 10% Critical Damage/Precision, Congradulations on Wowifying the game and removing all the fun effects.

I liked omnomberry pies as much as anybody, but really, you can’t say with a straight face that that consumable wasn’t blatantly overpowered. I don’t think that just every single worthwhile dungeon spec was built around this consumable was intended.

edit: Does anybody even know if the new food stacks with the warrior’s banner by any chance?

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

I loled at “not that overpowered”

As someone who used them quite often, I can say with complete certainty that they were indeed overpowered. Nothing like a Symbol of Wrath + Whirling Wrath healing for a good 10k health. Good thing I gave them up a week ago since I figured this was coming on the 26th. I’ve already altered my builds to compensate for the loss of Pie.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

Daecollo.9578

I liked omnomberry pies as much as anybody, but really, you can’t say with a straight face that that consumable wasn’t blatantly overpowered. I don’t think that just every single worthwhile dungeon spec was built around this consumable was intended.

edit: Does anybody even know if the new food stacks with the warrior’s banner by any chance?

Yes, but now dungeons will be much much harder, retaliation and confusion will be overpowered in wvwvw, this food was pretty much the only thing keeping these things in check.

Confusion/Retaliation really need an internal cool-down as well.

Posted by: Olfinbedwere.5049

Olfinbedwere.5049

can i have your food n stuff?

wintermute.4096

Yes, but now dungeons will be much much harder, retaliation and confusion will be overpowered in wvwvw, this food was pretty much the only thing keeping these things in check.

Confusion/Retaliation really need an internal cool-down as well.

Retaliation and confusion overpowered? Imho, as long as confusion still gets the pve calculation for damage it can be decent, maybe, but I don’t really see it as op since it shouldn’t actually kill a target who is not completely brain afk.
The answer to confusion and retaliation should never be just powering through it as hard as possible I think.

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

any news if how long is the internal cooldown?

i personally use omnom pie,

would it be 2 sec internal like sigil of blood?

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Confusion is overpowered in WvW. Anet pretty much realized it was overpowered against enemy players, so in sPvP the damage is cut by 50%. For some reason, they never changed it in WvW.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

How can something be overpowered if anyone and everyone can use it?

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

The problem is that many builds absolutely depended on the heal on crit effects to be viable. After hearing about how much they want to improve the professions to ensure that each profession has at least six viable end game builds, rather than the one or two that some professions are stuck with, they now have wiped out a number of the existing viable builds!

Many crit builds are now worthless, along with all the crit gear people spent a lot of time/effort/money/gold acquiring.

This food effect was disproportionately powerful vs. other proc on crit effects, but it had become an essential effect for a number of builds. With no healing boost to compensate, the meta is negatively impacted by this “fix” to a significant degree.

(edited by Fiontar.4695)

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

Seems i will need to actually move with my guardian now in dung encounter :P Good change IMO

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

I just made like 100 omnom pies when I hit 80 on my warrior yesterday. LOL What a waste. Looks like zerker build will be less viable.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

(edited by Ruprect.7260)

wintermute.4096

Confusion is overpowered in WvW. Anet pretty much realized it was overpowered against enemy players, so in sPvP the damage is cut by 50%. For some reason, they never changed it in WvW.

Lol. Actually, it’s the other way around. Confusion was amped up in pve because mobs attack so incredibly slowly. Being this way in wvw as well is just a side effect of that.

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

@Daecollo.9578

You did see that max. retaliation stacks were reduced from 25 to 5, right? Duration still stacks, but this was still definitely a nerf…

Posted by: Mysteries.3659

Mysteries.3659

I never used the stuff, but I know a lot of people that are pretty much stuck with 60g in gear that doesn’t have a corresponding useful build. Along with the stealth nerf, thieves got hit hard this patch. Game devs always seem to miss the mark with patches.