"For Great Justice!" over and over...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RedOwl.7496

RedOwl.7496

So often I am at a Black Lion or Banker NPC, especially in Lion’s Arch, and there always seems to be a Warrior casting “For Great Justice!” over and over. It is so regular it is obvious they are using a macro to cast it. It is so annoying. A few have stopped when I ask but most just ignore me.

Is doing this ok? Doesn’t seem fair they can do this in pvp or pve. And even doing it in a city would keep them logged in unfairly.

So should I just report them for botting?

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Some Warriors have “For Great Justice!” on auto-cast, which is perfectly normal.

To put a skill on auto-cast, simply CTRL+Right Click on any ability on your bar. That also means you can no longer use #1 as an auto-attack and have to keep mashing that button just to use it. In addition, you can only allow one skill to be set as an auto-cast ability.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

If you suspect someone of botting, please report them via the in-game function instead of posting their names in the forums. Doing this would be a violation of the Code of Conduct.

Thanks for your understanding

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

OMG I hate this. I ask them to turn it off, but they never do.

I don’t know how it doesn’t drive them nuts, they have to hear it more than I do.

RedOwl.7496

Well since I no way to know if they have it on autocast I will just report them for botting anyway. Sick of hearing it over and over. If they get banned then maybe they will learn to NOT autocast it town.

Besides, I don’t think ANET wants people to stay logged in permanently anyway and wouldn’t casting it over and over do that?

RedOwl.7496

OMG I hate this. I ask them to turn it off, but they never do.

I don’t know how it doesn’t drive them nuts, they have to hear it more than I do.

Glad to hear I am not the only one bothered by this. I have actually left a city to find another merchant or whatever just to get away from it for some peace and quiet.

It is almost like they are doing it to ‘grief’ the players on their own server.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Using auto cast for “for great justice” = annoying (better just to have a rotation using it before every fight).
Using auto cast for “signet of rage” however = win…

P.S. I try to remember to turn it off when in a city, but after a while you don’t even notice it.

Clark Skinner.4902

Sometimes I will switch the audio language temporarily for some relief, lol.

It’s not even a skill that helps them in town. I’d understand if it was a Swiftness skill but it shouldn’t be autocast when there’s no combat, just like weapon skills aren’t.

I put in a suggestion in the suggestions forum, which will surely be a waste of time, to give us an option to disable sounds like this in town.

Posted by: Snowy.9580

Snowy.9580

Well since I no way to know if they have it on autocast I will just report them for botting anyway. Sick of hearing it over and over. If they get banned then maybe they will learn to NOT autocast it town.

Besides, I don’t think ANET wants people to stay logged in permanently anyway and wouldn’t casting it over and over do that?

Never heard a bot using it…EVER! And not to many bots stand about in the TP or LA. But sure, keep on judging others by your standards and upsetting people just because your annoyed. How dare they!

We’ll stop to sleep when the game is the best possible game we think it can be.
We’ve been awake since March 2007! Please help!
“GW2 the game with more rolls than roles!”

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

It is almost like they are doing it to ‘grief’ the players on their own server.

it’s exactly like that, they are flipping the TP and spamming “for great justice!” just to be annoying (perhaps also using it as a “yay!” every time they make profit).

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

Never heard a bot using it…EVER! And not to many bots stand about in the TP or LA. But sure, keep on judging others by your standards and upsetting people just because your annoyed. How dare they!

I think the OP is equating macro usage to botting. Not a comparison I would make, but valid none the less.

I’m actually surprised that there’s not rampant skill usage in cities. I see a lot of swiftness / mobility skills being used, but seldom see idiots casting ground-target spells all over the place.

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: tonyl.5063

tonyl.5063

Posts like this are why it’s so hard to want to actually log into this game anymore….

Stop abusing the report feature. They’re not botting, if they were botting, they’d be out killing stuff, not idling in a city. They have it on autocast, which is very common for warriors since having 1 off the auto attack gives you more control of your burst, which you kind of need that control as a warrior since so much combat time is spent trying to not get hit, so they put that on autoattack since it’s such a short uptime and cooldown.

Posted by: Pradton.8576

Pradton.8576

This is a tricky one and the diplomatic solution is more customization options in the sounds tab to block these sort of sounds, as well as some npc dialogs (im looking at you little girls next to the Lions Archs bank -_-).

Regarding this player saying “For Great Justice”:

-Reporting them for botting just so you can’t get what you want is wrong.
-Perhaps the player likes the sound of the phrase.
-Even if you ask them to stop doing it, they have every right to keep doing it.
-You can’t proof they are doing it to grief.

The best solution is just to add options to block sounds instead of flooding moderators with complaints.

(edited by Pradton.8576)

Posted by: Mayam.8976

Mayam.8976

Ah good. Thank God no less than an A-Net moderator dropped by this thread to ask you to be “100% sure (or at least as close as possible)” that you’re reporting a bot. Which your version of reading comprehension turned into, ’they’re using the auto-attack skill available to every player which clearly screams BOT (not really but that’s beside the point)!’

Please be sure to call them out on these very same forums for not responding quickly enough to all the actual bots who are wrecking gameplay for everyone as they weed through wild goose chases like all the players using their auto attack skill too. The sooner we teach these game makers that they can’t do anything right the better!

Or we could alternatively take you seriously and so likewise, anytime you see anyone auto attacking a mob you should report them as well, no way to know right? Be prepared to be reported yourself on the order of hundreds of times per day as well though – there’s just no way to really know! Log in and spend your game time reporting everyone you see! Man! This feels good doesn’t it! Community action, let’s get ’em!

*sigh

(edited by Mayam.8976)

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

As the sort of skill placed on auto-cast ArenaNet really should consider do they want a voice associated with it.

Dunno if this helps but every time I hear it now I hear ‘For Grape Justice’, nice to know those auto casters like grapes

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: Mace Fist Mojo.9083

Mace Fist Mojo.9083

Turn dialog sound .. off?

Or maybe we fancy, “I can run faster than a centaur!” over “For Great Justice!”

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

I play a shouts warrior and long ago I disabled dialogue sound.

The thing with “for great justice” is, with a shouts spec, you want to spam it on cooldown. All the time. Never leave a gap.

Posted by: Scorpion.3691

Scorpion.3691

Try doing what I do…use the mute button on your audio when in town…what type of sounds do you need to hear while in town anyways…

Posted by: Akiko.2364

Akiko.2364

What? there is sound in this game? (I just turn off my computer speakers when I am in town)

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

@ above-posters exactly this is a problem , people reporting other people for grudges or maybe a wrong reason or just wrongfully. There should be a way of filtering these reports. As for the For the great justice you can always play with the volume lower a bit.

play hard , go pro.

(edited by offence.4726)

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

There’s so many sounds that I wish we could selectively mute. I do want to hear some of them, like the shouts during battle. And I love in Khylo when the guy yells “Trebuchet!” But some of them really grate.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I take my headset off when they are around. No biggie.

I do think some players do it “just” because they know it annoys people/

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

We need more options in the sound menu. I never leveled my necro past 18 because the sound of the staff auto-attack becomes so thoroughly annoying after 20 minutes game time that I couldn’t stand to play him anymore. That doesn’t mean I should have to turn off all other sounds… I still want to be able to hear what my team is doing in a dungeon so I can try to synergize with them, and of course there is more than just animation to enemy attacks.

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

I take my headset off when they are around. No biggie.

I do think some players do it “just” because they know it annoys people/

We really don’t. Shout warriors are basically buff machines that need to keep spamming their FGJ on cd to keep the buffs up.

Clark Skinner.4902

Stop abusing the report feature. They’re not botting, if they were botting, they’d be out killing stuff, not idling in a city.

Actually I have seen an honest-to-goodness obvious bot in LA at the trading post. Cycling through all of the skills repetitively on and on, overnight and into the morning. I reported it here and it was gone later that day.

But that wasn’t just 1 skill on auto-cast, that was the full complement of them.

Botting the TP… sucks thinking some of the undercuts we’re enduring are from bots. And there are bot spammers in the city too remember.

A couple of days ago, Anet told me “if you ever run into any other players in-game you feel are botting or exploiting in any way, you are free to send the report”. The onus of proof isn’t on the person reporting. Anet will be able to tell and it’s better to report just to be sure.

Also, turning off dialogue audio has resulted in me missing parts of story mode because I couldn’t change the option back while in a cutscene. The put the audio in on purpose and to just turn the sound off is wasting all of the good sounds.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Actually, on a related note, there was one occasion where somebody suddenly appeared in the LA Bank and immediately died. Out of instinct I started ressing them (as did a few other players), but then the player vanished (unsure whether they waypointed or just logged out). I sometimes see other players just mysteriously appear dead near me, but I always thought it was a combination of people falling to their deaths from above and culling. The death in the Bank though, I can’t figure out how it happened.

Somebody said in chat that the person who died in the Bank and then vanished had to be a bot using a teleport hack, and not to res people who died in similar manners, but I’d like to gather more information about it if I can.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Actually, on a related note, there was one occasion where somebody suddenly appeared in the LA Bank and immediately died. Out of instinct I started ressing them (as did a few other players), but then the player vanished (unsure whether they waypointed or just logged out). I sometimes see other players just mysteriously appear dead near me, but I always thought it was a combination of people falling to their deaths from above and culling. The death in the Bank though, I can’t figure out how it happened.

Somebody said in chat that the person who died in the Bank and then vanished had to be a bot using a teleport hack, and not to res people who died in similar manners, but I’d like to gather more information about it if I can.

same thing,i see people dying next to me wherever i go and quickly dissapearing as well,the thing is ,those are places where you can’t be killed nor kill yourself.Like close to the bank in LA or whatever place somewhere Inside a building.I think the game is filled with hackers,we just don’t really realize it yet.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Can asuran warriors just say “For Science!” instead? :P

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

I’ve seen this type of thing before. If it’s not Warriors it’s Elementalist doing something that causes them to daze and gain swift and something else. I noticed this one day when I logged in to see them at the bank. 5 hours later there they are. still doing it. The best thing to do is to turn off your dialogue. I do it every time i enter a city. So sick of hearing this NPCs repeat there lines 10 times over and over. and ya i know the skill doesn’t have a line but it’s just the sound that the spell makes that was annoying (Speaking of the elementalist)

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

It’s not a hacker. If you die in WvW and relog, you reappear as a corpse in LA.

We really need more sound options for things like this. I’m hesitant to make a shouts warrior just because I’d want to kill myself after hearing FGJ 50 times in a row.

(edited by dekou.6012)

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

sort of off-topic,
i have been playing my thief again and when she gets hit sometimes,
she cries out “for great justice!”
i have no idea why, anyone know?

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Orion Magus.5348

Orion Magus.5348

It’s not as silly as my guardian yelling “retreat” during a fight and then charging into the enemy… Aparently he is confused as to what retreat actually means.

Posted by: Minute.7293

Minute.7293

It’s not as silly as my guardian yelling “retreat” during a fight and then charging into the enemy… Aparently he is confused as to what retreat actually means.

It’s probably a rune or a trait that gives might/fury, and the might/fury spell happens to be “For Great Justice!”.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

There is no reason to have a mechanism in game to repeat endlessly the same phrase. If you have the desire to hear the same phrase or weapon action by a character over and over again maybe a-net could sell these on the gem store and people to listen to then at home. Just have an endless loop of your phrase or action of choice and have those who need it supplied with the sound while others never have to hear them again.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Just wait till you get two or more warriors trying to outdo each others “For Great Justice!”…its like an endless echo lol.

Honestly it doesn’t bother me.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Opsfor.2814

Opsfor.2814

they enable it on autocast cos they are AFKing (don’t want to get DC for AFKing too long). LOL. Autocast, AFK for 1 day, no DC. WIN! Some enable on their Healing button for DC-Prevention!

Posted by: kenco.8475

kenco.8475

sort of off-topic,
i have been playing my thief again and when she gets hit sometimes,
she cries out “for great justice!”
i have no idea why, anyone know?

At least 4/6 Superior Rune of the Pirate on gear? Instead of ‘Yarr!’ you shout ‘For Great Justice’

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

After I read this post, I set autocast to true on “For Great Justice” and also for my Signet of Rage.

Sorry about that. Guess I’m now part of the problem, but I expect to do a bit better.

FWIW, I can be methodical at times, but I’m not a bot.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

No, you are a troll

After I read this post, I set autocast to true on “For Great Justice” and also for my Signet of Rage.

Sorry about that. Guess I’m now part of the problem, but I expect to do a bit better.

FWIW, I can be methodical at times, but I’m not a bot.

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

…you are a troll…

That’s harsh.

And, I disagree. I wrote the truth; it did not occur to me to set these support abilities to autocast, since for weapons I really hate autocast. And I do expect a benefit to fighting from having these items on auto; it worked well last night and this morning.

I’ll admit, it struck me as funny that a thread complaining about something opened my eyes to trying it. If that makes me a troll, then so be it.

Posted by: PolarApe.9351

PolarApe.9351

Couple weeks ago, some idiot was spamming some ‘Ghost’ costume sound effect at the bank in LA, for over four hours.

Posted by: mattbnh.9247

mattbnh.9247

If this were worth reporting, report it under ‘spamming’ not botting.
But it’s not really.

While we are at it, can I report a citizen for repeatedly saying, “No, I was looking at him.”
I consider this verbal abuse. I am offended when female plants call attention to my masculinity.

“That’s more than I really needed to know.” – Adventurer in LA

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

had some (insert kitten related expletive here) spamming the suprised emote over and over. Dunno how he managed to macro it. I just blocked the fool. Some people really are sad individuals.

Anet can ya not supply us with their IP so i can go knock on their door? Pretty please? I assure you I can stop 99% of the trolling in the game

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

So,being afk,casting the same skill over and over every 20 seconds,while not behind your keyboard is allowed ? If you absolutely have to stay ingame for whatever reason possible while being afk,cant you atleast find a quiet place with no people near instead of in the middle of la where everyone can be annoyed by the for great justice loop every 20 seconds ? I think its ridiculous,and very annoying on top of it.

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

im a warrior using shout build and i have FGJ on autocast. after about 3 days i didnt even hear it anymore myself. but yeah i understand its annoying and if you ask to take it off in city i can understand and it would be good manners to turn it off. but usually i forget about that since i dont notice it anymore myself. however at least its FGJ and not ON MY MARK!

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

And that’s a good way of getting an innocent player banned.. Maybe you might want to research what bots do and learn their mechanics so you can learn to spot one.. I reported one the other day and it clearly wasn’t sitting in one spot just shouting a buff skill.

As far as staying logged in, it really really irritates me that they made it where the game logs me out.. GW1 didn’t so why should GW2. I should be able to log in and if I have to run an errand so be it, I come back and my game is still on.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

Posted by: Shagaz.6209

Shagaz.6209

For Great Justice Shake It Off On My Mark For Great Justice Shake It Off On My Mark For Great Justice Shake It Off On My Mark For Great Justice Shake It Off On My Mark

<3 Shouting Warrior

Seriously, hearing shouts is considered part of the gameplay just as hearing your character (or other characters) telling you about their boons or conditions. But I think some shouts should only be autocasted while in combat.

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Just wanted to pop in to say: [“For Great Justice!”]

Really though, it would kind of be cool to be able to turn off character voice clips sometimes. Not just for shouting, but like those obnoxious NPCs that stand near crafting stations and repeat the same line over and over and over. “Ideas are like cream” …grr.

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Personally I like cutting myself off when I do it. Or mixing shouts to create sentences.

Shake it off! For great jutice!
Shake it off! On my mark!
For great…Shake it off!

Ohh the possibilities.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Even in groups of alot of people I don’t notice that spam of skill shouts, for me it comes kinda natural.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.