I've enjoyed this game wholeheartedly

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nebulizer.3276

Nebulizer.3276

Lately all i’ve seen on the forums are rants after rants on the latest patch. I for one have enjoyed this game wholeheartedly. And no i’m not a casual gamer, I was top progression on my WoW server, top guild in Warhammer and Aion on my designated server. I knew going into Guild Wars 2 that endgame wasn’t going to be this shining gem, there were no raids, I was iffy on the no trinity system because I loved healing in my old games, but I was ready for something to break the pace of every other MMO.

That being said i’ve been pleasantly surprised with the Halloween update and the latest Lost Shores, yes the event had its hiccups but anything with the size and scope of thier events would have suffered issues and this being the first time i’m sure they will learn from this as we did. The new fractals are simply amazing in dungeon design and philosophy. The way in which they were incorporated into the lore means limitless possibilities for new fractals in the future and if they are on par with these 9 or better I can’t wait. The new ascended gear is simply a space in between Exotics ( way to easy to obtain) and Legendaries ( the true endgame for people who are in this game for the long haul). And I have a good feeling we will eventually have Legendary Armor sets established in this game in the future. So Ascended isn’t some huge stat increase. The systems established in this game rely more on builds and skill than the stats on your gear honestly. People have overreacted to Ascended gear when its just another addition to having fun endgame. Do you HAVE to do Fractals 13+ for the best items in the game….No. But is there a certain fun and challenge for those who invest their time into dungeons…Yes. Its just another option endgame not and end all for players that they must commit to.

So for those who still love the game for what it is, enjoy the fact that they keep balancing the classes, and introducing quality content month after month, please reply in the post i’ve made stating why you enjoy the game and what you look forward to in the future and most noticeably Wintersday update. I for one hope they give some love and attention to World vs World since it has become one of their most popular systems in the game. Thanks and see you all in game!

Nebulizer

Posted by: Ash.2175

Ash.2175

As a casual gamer I’ve enjoyed this game a ton. Love the crafting system, love their dungeon system, and love love spvp. While its pretty easy to figure out most crafting profession’s discovery formulas, I’ve found the mystic forge to be a fun distraction. I’ve chosen to not google the recipes I can make in the mystic forge and enjoy finding a new recipe and seeing what I get. As for the dungeons, I’ve had a ton of fun with the different fight mechanics and getting rocked if I can’t figure out what to do. The fractals were super fun to figure out and will continue to be challenging especially as I play higher difficulties. Spvp is just super fun. Its the place I get to be competitive and improve/test my skill versus other players. Winning is addictive and losing just gives me incentive to tweak my build or improve my gameplay. I have long term goals of map completion, more lvl 80 characters and gearing them out (legendary weaps included), spvp ranks, and eventually dabbling in WvW (once I improve my computer). I feel like there’s just so much to do or accomplish. I feel like I progress whenever I play and don’t feel useless because I don’t have the absolute best gear. I still add to a party just because of my skill level and group centric builds. But the best part of this game? When life gets busy and I don’t have much play time for a week I don’t feel like I’m wasting money, and that week doesn’t render my characters obsolete. And what? my primary guild loves spvp too much to pve? no problem, I can join another guild and rep them to get my pve fix. What an amazing game. Thanks ArenaNet.

Posted by: Febrizzio.8024

Febrizzio.8024

i still Love this game… thank’s

[Tarnished Coast]
Febrizzio Romeo, Human Guardian of [Pro Baddies]
Indonesia Player, Say Hello ^_^

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

As a semi hardcore gamer, I feel screwed by lost shores because the entire event was bad. The first day – bugged. The second day – nothing to do! The third day – 4 hours of lag and death and then getting nothing!

The fractals is stupid, nobody is even doing level 1 any more and I haven’t even started how is this good design? Ascended gear breaks the game philosophy. The gem store items sucked even if I would want to spend money which I don’t since buying keys during Halloween.

Dropping 500+gs in a 1 time event was the final nail in the coffin. Why would I want to play a game where people are rewards 1000x better for just being casual?

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Posted by: Robbyx.1284

Robbyx.1284

You dev alts should stop posting these threads, you’re just embarrassing yourselves now.

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

The event wasn’t bad. The bugs and lag were bad.

Fractals are fun, though frustrating. Personally, I enjoy being frustrated by a game. It should be hard, it’s intended to be hard. Something can be hard and fun at the same time.

Ascended gear, I’m still on the fence about. The fact that it’s account bound though, seems fine. Depends on the stat differences in my opinion. If they are 25% better than other gear… that could be an issue. If there isn’t enough variety, having runes rather than infusions will probably be better for most people anyway.

Precursors dropping is also fine. These same people could drop the rares/exotics that they get from an event into the forge and get the same things. Sure, the odds are higher, but it’s still gambling. The “casual” gamers likely only tried once as well, while the “hardcore gamers” tried on each of their characters. If they gave a precursor to everyone… it would be an issue.

Honestly, I think these forums are just a breeding ground for negativity.

First everyone complains that the precursors are too expensive.

GW2 tries to fix it by giving everyone an extra shot at them, as well as increasing their drop in the forge.

Now everyone is complaining that it’s unfair that so many people got the precursors.

They didn’t just magically place one into everyone’s inventory, because they know that would spit in the face of the players who worked hard for them. If you had Zap before, it doesn’t hurt you if someone else gets it. Have pride knowing you worked hard for it, and some other guy lucked into it. Same thing happen in real life, and in tons of other games. Some people pay money that they spent grinding on high level gear, and others loot it and keep it.

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

I still enjoy the game. I even made a thread about how my game isn’t really going to change at this point, but it didn’t go over well with certain members of the forum.

Posted by: Loumy.7841

Loumy.7841

You dev alts should stop posting these threads, you’re just embarrassing yourselves now.

LOL :-D

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

No, the only truly embarrassing thing in this thread is that you actually believe that the only people who liked this weekend event are the devs, and that they’re creating alts purely to fight back against your perceived “threat”.

Let’s get real for a moment, if indeed you are right and the vast majority of people hated this event, why would ANet bother making fake accounts to water down the negative feedback? The only rational choices that a dev team would make are:

1) Acknowledge the vastly negative feedback and improve for next time.
2) Ignore it and continue on your current path, refusing to admit fault.

To create fake accounts just to water down public dissention requires time and effort that any sane dev team would never invest. If they’re as evil as you want to imply, then why bother watering down public opinion when they can just ignore it? Saves time and money that way.

Honestly, folks like yourself should just take a break from the game. And maybe grow up a little, too. It’s a game, you really need to relax and express yourself a bit more calmly.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Loumy.7841

I think he was just making a funny remark. Do you really think anyone thinks that the devs sit here and make comments? Maybe that’s why they aren’t fixing bugs, lol

critickitten.1498

I think he was just making a funny remark. Do you really think anyone thinks that the devs sit here and make comments? Maybe that’s why they aren’t fixing bugs, lol

Yes, I really do think people believe that.

Because some people really DO believe that. :P

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

Devs don’t even make many official comments. To make new accounts to skew the community wouldn’t make much sense.

Or maybe the devs are just genius like that.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

I’ve got a total of 9 chars, one of each, including a Mesmer, that I cycle through, depending on the mood I’m in, and none of them are even level 40. I’ve been able to solo everything for map completions except a few a of the skill point challenges, and there are usually folks around trying to do it at the same time, so it still gets done. I haven’t tried dungeons yet, but since none of the dungeon armor or weapons blow me away, I’m not really worried about getting them done. I don’t feel like I’m being left behind by anyone or for not having comparable gear to anyone else and I never viewed it as a race of who can get to 80 the fastest or who has the biggest exotic/legendary/etc. … I think it’s just straight out fun … feel like missions? Go fill a few hearts … feel like hunting/gathering? Go mine/gather mats … feeling industrious? Go craft for awhile … feeling like taking in the scenery? Go check out the vistas … Need some excitement? There’s usually a few different DEs going on … and on almost every map i wander to, there’s someone asking for a hand in the chat, so it certainly never feels empty like i’ve seen some folks describing on other threads … i can be as active or as laid back as i want to on any given night …

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

Loumy.7841

On with the tin foil hat again! :-D

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

For me, GW2 is my number one MMO.

Unfortunately my overall number one videogame is Fallout 3, followed by Chrono Trigger. So GW2 is number three in my overall gaming life.

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

I’ve got a total of 9 chars, one of each, including a Mesmer, that I cycle through, depending on the mood I’m in, and none of them are even level 40. I’ve been able to solo everything for map completions except a few a of the skill point challenges, and there are usually folks around trying to do it at the same time, so it still gets done. I haven’t tried dungeons yet, but since none of the dungeon armor or weapons blow me away, I’m not really worried about getting them done. I don’t feel like I’m being left behind by anyone or for not having comparable gear to anyone else and I never viewed it as a race of who can get to 80 the fastest or who has the biggest exotic/legendary/etc. … I think it’s just straight out fun … feel like missions? Go fill a few hearts … feel like hunting/gathering? Go mine/gather mats … feeling industrious? Go craft for awhile … feeling like taking in the scenery? Go check out the vistas … Need some excitement? There’s usually a few different DEs going on … and on almost every map i wander to, there’s someone asking for a hand in the chat, so it certainly never feels empty like i’ve seen some folks describing on other threads … i can be as active or as laid back as i want to on any given night …

I know you posted something similar in another thread already. I agreed with the sentiments there and I agree with them here. There are definitely a faction of players who just log in to enjoy the game and don’t worry about these things. I’m one of those people. I find it interesting that some people don’t understand that.

Posted by: Sieger.8902

Sieger.8902

I loved this game, but I can’t play it anymore

I don’t know why, I want to play, but I don’t know if its because all my friends left or what.

I think, that it would be awesome if someday we are going to have PvP like 15×15 or 20×20, with some nice things to do, also some really nice prizes for doing this.

For dungeons, I’d really like if we have a LFG tool, I’ve played other MMOs, and I passed the time where I spent all my day looking for ppl to do dungeons on the chat.

I want to level another toon, but, I tried, almost saw no one leveling, on 3 different servers.

I really wanna change my toon’s appearance, when can we do it?

But, I have hope the game, will give something or I’ll find something to come back, because it’s really a great game.

(edited by Sieger.8902)

Posted by: Sharalei Nightmyst.3619

Sharalei Nightmyst.3619

Honestly, you guys with all the negativity need to move to another thread. The OP specifically asked for comment from those who are still enjoying the game, in an attempt to bring some positivity to these forums.

The Lost Shores were given to you for free and yet you whine like little children.

It’s like watching a kid stamp it’s feet, scream at the top of it’s lungs and threaten to never eat icecream again because mommy bought it vanilla when it wanted chocolate. Whaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

If you are looking for more opportunities to whine please use any of the thousands of threads started for the pure purpose of whining. But keep it out of this thread.

This topic is not for you! Let’s keep it mature and on topic. Thanks!

(edited by Sharalei Nightmyst.3619)

Posted by: Pingley.1268

Pingley.1268

Personally, I still love and enjoy this game! In fact, I continue to play every chance I get! I love how past couple of updates were ambitious despite their bugs. Normally, games would just throw in a fair and some prizes, but GW2 made an entire adventure (Pursuing the Mad King and defeating him). As for the Lost Shores, there were many glitches and I couldn’t do the events; however, I took a look at what ANet did for thew update and I was happy. They added Fractals of the Mists, a dungeon that was meant to repeated and could tend to those that complained about no endgame and being bored all the time, but was not necessary for players to do if they don’t like to spend too many hours on the game. The Southsun Coves was not necessarily a bad feature. It shows that ANet is dedicated to making big changes to GW2 (Karka attacking Lion’s Arch and a new zone to explore).

Posted by: Bleeds.4029

Bleeds.4029

Count me as one that still loves this game and thinks that it is the best game on the market at this time.

But, you may also count me as one that thinks there is a long, LONG way to go on class balances and bug fixes. I also may be counted as one that is a bit peeved that there are developers, and I can only assume that it is the effort of an entire team(s) of devs, that are creating more content (lost shores) and only TWO that are working on class balance and trait systems.

I’ll be happy to wave my fanboi flag for this game, but let’s keep it real.

Posted by: dregoloth.8763

dregoloth.8763

I love Guild Wars 2, and here’s why:

• Anet obviously cares about the game and the series.
  • It has the best long-term value proposition of any game on the market.
  • I can (almost) single-handedly liberate the researchers of Dredgehaunt Cliffs from the occupying force of communist moles, despite the fact that their claim to the region holds some legitimacy.
  • The lore is amazing.

Of course, I still have some complaints which pale in comparison to the whole of the game, but I expect those will be rectified within the next couple of years.

Posted by: yandere.9176

yandere.9176

The point is I really liked the event. I got tedious at some points but I got a percurser and an awesome exotic ring and I thought I had earnt it. That was a very cool feeling. There will be other events and perhaps these will be at times were I won’t be able to participate, but that is fine… that happens.
I can say that I really enjoyed the Halloween event except for the jumping puzzle but that is ok, not every content is for everyone. I eve got all the other archivements.
I did jumping puzzles including obsidian sanctum and I even played a few round PvP which I never imagined because I am usually a strict PvE player.

I havn’t had the chance to ecperiance the Fractals of the Mist, and I have to say that I am currently not very motivated to log in. And the reason for this is the ascended gear. I can see that there could be some middle ground between Exotic an Legendary but the higher stats really make this uncomfortable.

So much became strange, useless and kind of unenjoyable because of the sudden gear progression: the crafting, the other dungeons, WvW… Yeah it is a small step but it is hard to imagine where it will lead.
I fear that Legendaries will have higher stats than ascended gear, making them mendetory to aquire. I fear that they will introduce gear progression in sPvP that you ha to grind for the gear just to be on even level with other players.
I played this game for many hours, and spend many hours mentaining the wiki and yes it was fun. But the changes leave me with that uneasy feeling that the fun is over. That the game changed so dramaticlly in such a short period of time that it is hard to imagine if it will still enjoy it in another two month. I could never imagine that I have this kind of dread thinking about content updates and what they might destroy and there is some kind of trust lost in the company that wanted to redefine the genre. That was proably a bit to ambious.

However, that makes me so hesitent to invest myself into this game anymore. So yeah I am still enjoying the game at the moment, but defenitly not how I used to.

Desolation – Mistress of significance level

Posted by: erock.1702

erock.1702

Thank you for this post! I have been avoiding the official forums as of late because I can’t stand all the negativity and the level of maturity (not to mention the rationality) of forum members is appalling.

I’ve been into single player RPG’s for many years and am very familiar with the post launch hissy fit that most player bases exhibit. GW2 is my first MMO and I can’t tell you how much I love it – it’s going to be a long time until I go back to other games. However the small minority of players that whine, cry and throw tantrums on this forum have driven me away (from the forum, not the game).

I have never been as annoyed with the human race as I have been while reading this forum. I come here for game tips, news and camaraderie – not to listen to children complain about how this and that are not to their specifications. It’s really very sad that there are so many players who considered themselves the utmost authority in game design – when in actuality the only thing their expressing are their own personal dislikes. Just because you “believe” certain game systems should function a specific way doesn’t make it so.

It’s not YOUR game, it’s Anet’s and they will do with it as they please. If you don’t like it, then please leave! And don’t worry, there are more than enough players to keep the game going – getting rid of 100-150 cry-baby players does not affect a player base in the MILLIONS.

It reality, the only thing making me not want to play the game are the negative players, who don’t know how to express themselves appropriately (and over-react to everything like a 12 year old).

Thanks to the original poster for a positive, constructive post. I hope to see more of these in the future.

Posted by: Robbyx.1284

Robbyx.1284

No, the only truly embarrassing thing in this thread is that you actually believe that the only people who liked this weekend event are the devs, and that they’re creating alts purely to fight back against your perceived “threat”.

Let’s get real for a moment, if indeed you are right and the vast majority of people hated this event, why would ANet bother making fake accounts to water down the negative feedback? The only rational choices that a dev team would make are:

To create fake accounts just to water down public dissention requires time and effort that any sane dev team would never invest. If they’re as evil as you want to imply, then why bother watering down public opinion when they can just ignore it? Saves time and money that way.

Honestly, folks like yourself should just take a break from the game. And maybe grow up a little, too. It’s a game, you really need to relax and express yourself a bit more calmly.

Its was just in jest, and more directed at the moronic fanboi who yesterday accused WoW developers of starting alts and coming here to post negativity on the forums to discredit GW2.

Posted by: Chronos Khan.4539

Chronos Khan.4539

I enjoyed the Halloween event, had lots of fun with the jumping puzzle and throwing my monitor outside :P I kid….

So I was in between for Lost Shores, it seemed very small from the previews and I was right, fractals are amazing and I had fun with the different challenges it gives players (and seeing people get killed to wind lol).

The final event was very laggy but was able to finish it 20 champion karka appear on this topic oh boy….

On the subject of the ascended armor, I’m ok with it for now, just as long as they give us a chance to grab the armor as well in future expansions. I really think this madness that is happening is just nonsense, much like the gas crisis, it will be ok there’s plenty of ascended armor for all lol.

Now I know why I’m never on here that much because of these silly negative posters and people bashing the game, glad I just play and don’t complain too much.

The self proclaimed mayor of Lion’s Arch
watch my GW2 vids at:
youtube.com/valentinogames

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

I still really love the game. I don’t think my criticism of recent developments precludes my enthusiasm for the game, but rather reflects it. =)

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

Posted by: RamataKahn.4283

RamataKahn.4283

Why would devs need to say anything about this at all?

critickitten.1498

Its was just in jest, and more directed at the moronic fanboi who yesterday accused WoW developers of starting alts and coming here to post negativity on the forums to discredit GW2.

Good to hear. :P

Sorry, but tone is impossible to read through a text medium, and given that some people really ARE stupid enough to think that way….it’s easier to believe that they’re serious. :P

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

I really enjoyed the event and killing all those karka. It was crazy at times and at a few points when there were karka everywhere I would lag for a bit. But the rewards received at the end were worth it. Sad to say I did not get a precurser although someone in my guild did I think.

I do feel bad for the players who were disconnected at the end and unable to get the rewards. And also for those who were unable to log in at all due to some problem with Anet’s log in server. Those folks have the legitimate right to complain and I hope that Anet can compensate them soon.

Posted by: delmarqo.5038

delmarqo.5038

I wish we could establish green text as the sarcasm color

I love the game. It’s been a long time since I’ve really gotten this into an MMO, and I’ve played the heck out of many and dabbled in most. The pace of achievements and the fluidity of the zone content have captured me.

There’s many things that could be better, like the seemingly-nightly broken DEs. I understood what they were trying to do with Lost Shores, but quality aside, I figured it wasn’t for me because it requires a play-style I haven’t had the time for in 10 years

GW2 for its diverse experiences offers still enough for a rabid casual player like me: someone who obsesses but doesn’t have the lifestyle to support it

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Posted by: Draven.7210

Draven.7210

Guild Wars 2 is still the best online MMO out there. Call me a fanboi if you want but this game hits every nail right on the head for me. The art, animation, exploration, pvp, wvw, dungeons – all amazing. Not perfect, but still amazingly entertaining.

This game is still VERY young and it will take about a year I’d say to polish it in it’s live state to smooth out the kinks. No MMO that I’ve every played (and I’ve played alot) has ever launched in perfect condition without bugs or without any criticism. And even though the new Ascended gear is slightly concerning, there’s absolutely NO reason for the people here on the forums to overreact is such a dramatic way.

As for Lost Shores, the lag hit me only in the initial event but not the final, which I had no problems attending, even from here in Japan. I’d like them to time it a little better for us and the Aussies, and I have faith they will work on making future events, including one-time events, more accessible for us around here.

The new survey is proof that ANet is listening and cares about the players and should reassure players with concerns that improvements and new content is coming! All we need is just a little patience – Guns n Roses

(edited by Draven.7210)

Posted by: catofnine.3194

catofnine.3194

Not a dev alt here, but bought the game based on the free trial this past weekend and I am really enjoying the game. The social aspect in game is still a little weird to me i.e. people will show up to help on events, but no one says anything in chat. I’m still figuring my way around the game, but I’m very glad I tried this instead of SW:TOR’s f2p. LOTRO’s my primary mmo, but this is fast becoming a good second home.

Posted by: Nebulizer.3276

Nebulizer.3276

Just an update from a long post I had a long time ago, I still log in to the game play regularly and still see all the forum trolls and ragers alive and kicking….making me think they still login and play too Many updates have come and gone and I’ve been able to be around for a few of them. I’m enjoying everything since Flame and Frost and really like the direction the Living Story is going and much improved as of late. I’ve went from my guardian main to my Necro loving the new skill though I think it was a little too much. The new dungeons were good and excited to see them acknowledge that the fractals was a perfect place to return them I’m very glad because the new dungeons deserve a permanent home in GW2. I was lucky enough to get a jetpack and my Charr still possesses his cute little Chainsaw of Death. I don’t think i’ll ever be able to farm a Legendary but I got 100% map completion on my Guardian and got quite a few ascended items w/o every putting in any effort to do so. Just want to say Anet keep up the good work, this game is still very enjoyable and despite a lot of the negative posts there are still a lot of people out there that enjoy the game, I mean I still get queues in Lions Arch and the battlegrounds that’s always a good sign.

Nebulizer-Flu Shot