For player retention

For player retention

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Keep reading that the recent changes were to help with player retention. Wondering if any testing was done with existing systems but, differing visual styles? I honestly think and believe if the game widened it’s artistic style, we’d retain more players in the long run. Bring in more vibrant colors, make some areas cleaner with more greenery, and add more fantasy flare. Make life worth living in Tyria!

An example is the Oasis in Dry Top. The Zephyrite airship and cliffs was another great addition. Create an 80 zone like Queensdale with champs and you’d have plenty of people flocking to it.

So was does everyone else think? Is more of the same going to be helpful (muddy earth tones with skulls, flames, tent skirts, and hobo sacks) or should the game branch out and widen it’s appeal?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

For player retention

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

As a new player I am very sad that you would suggest such a thing. What do you think would happen if I started the game and saw so many colors? Obviously I would be confused and stop playing. Please don’t discriminate against new players.

For player retention

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

As a new player I am very sad that you would suggest such a thing. What do you think would happen if I started the game and saw so many colors? Obviously I would be confused and stop playing. Please don’t discriminate against new players.

LOL! Maybe Anet can make a deal with Gucci or Rayban and make official Guild Wars 2 beginner glasses? They’ll be available on the TP right below the “Get More Gold” button.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

For player retention

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

LOL! Maybe Anet can make a deal with Gucci or Rayban and make official Guild Wars 2 beginner glasses? They’ll be available on the TP right below the “Get More Gold” button.

This joke gets funnier every time someone tells it. It’s always on topic and helps the conversation immensely. Thanks for making my…

ow, sorry, I just took an arrow to the knee.

Edit: On topic, I don’t think that would aid the player retention Anet is trying to work on, which is getting more people to stay with the early game after trying it.

For player retention

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I agree, I want to see Rytlock in clown shoes with a red nose and put Logan in a jester suit, because colour!

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

For player retention

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

For player retention

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Devona’s Rest

For player retention

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Not my point. NPE was to get new players to stay and not giving up. It has Zero to do with retaining vet players. Has it’s been pointed out by the devs, vets shouldn’t be seeing a bunch of this stuff plus “somehow” some of those level restrictions are in the wrong place.

When I think of vet retention I think of higher level activities like what they did with Dry Top.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

For player retention

Posted by: Terrin.2685

Terrin.2685

I wonder if letting use our characters has henchmen in the dungeons would help?

I gave up on them in this game and all other MMO’s because I got sick of people following only the community approved proper path and excluding all else including people who want to do the side stuff.

Being able to use our characters as henchmen would open the dungeon up to everyone more than it currently is and get some people (like me) to take the time to build up a full team.