For those who complain that this game lacks of endgame content.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reinth.1498

Reinth.1498

Well, I personally think otherwise. This game has much to offer at endgame.
I assume that more of those who just reached the level cap will come and complain about the same thing. So, it is either you expect this to be a perfect game for you or you seriously just need to take a break.

Cheers!

It’s not a question of can or can’t. There are some things in life you just do.

Posted by: Birdy.4816

Birdy.4816

Here’s a good sum up of all the complaints currently, Reinth. <whine whine whine whine whine whine I WANT EVERYTHING IN A DAY whine whine whine whine whine>

What does it offer at endgame that isn’t a total grind fest exactly?

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

It’s those kinds of complaints that make me wish ArenaNet would release more content for pre-80 zones and maybe add more pre-80 zones to the game. Oh man, the grin I would have on my face from seeing all these WoWites pitch a fit.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

Sometimes I think Anet game developers must have the patience of a Saint when dealing with all the people constantly contradicting themselves about what they want in GW2.

Posted by: Moonthrower.1406

Moonthrower.1406

You mean, when I hit level 80 first… I won’t have any huge advantage in a month over fresh 80s?!?!?!

WHAT?!??!!? BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reinth.1498

I will get it straight for you.
You clearly take it as a total grind fest because mainly you are grinding for something. You are never obligated to do so but you still keep doing it. I don’t feel like writing an essay to explain what the endgame offers. So, good luck.

(edited by Reinth.1498)

Posted by: Badmethod.4762

Badmethod.4762

Don’t pay Birdy any heed Renith as he has little clue and has been spouting negativity in pretty much every thread he has been in. He will toddle off and whine on some other forum soon enough and still wonder why he feels so rotten all the time.

Posted by: SpectacularYak.6518

SpectacularYak.6518

Birdy is in every thread guys. This is his thing to do. He’s lookin’ to rustle some jimmies. Just say “Oh it’s Birdy! I’m sorry about the herpes you claim you got from GW2, Birdy!” and carry on.

Posted by: Pirhana.8935

Pirhana.8935

Once WvW issues are fixed and ppl stick with a server you will start to see a good endgame there. it took a few months for this to happen in DAOC, after a while guild will be established and known in WvW and you will start to see server pride, and not having to wait in a que will help aswell. i hope they add a reward system so you can keep building your character in pvp (not a gear system)

Birdy.4816

You clearly take it as a total grind fest because mainly you are grinding for something. You are never obligated to do so but you still keep doing it. I don’t feel like writing an essay to explain what the endgame offers. So, good luck.

No, I played like the rest of you, enjoyed 1-80. it came around all too fast being an easy and pretty void of challenge to that point. like any other mmo levelling, although it was flashier and more immersive, I guess that’s what the kids like these days.

This may have a different approach to MMOs, but it is still marketed as an “MMO PERSISTANT WORLD EVERY CHANGING, CONSTANT THINGS TO DO” …. but those things to do are so minor compared to pretty much all the competition (in PvE at least).

All of you say you could write a really long list, all of you talking nonsense when simple bullet point format would do.

Prooblem is all you can do is make a small list look big like the stupid PR garbage they blurted out the other day “things to do at 80 – things you have already done now go through them with a fine tooth comb because there is literally nothing else other than token and materials.”

And you know full well that is the reality for PvE’rs.

Birdy.4816

Birdy is in every thread guys. This is his thing to do. He’s lookin’ to rustle some jimmies. Just say “Oh it’s Birdy! I’m sorry about the herpes you claim you got from GW2, Birdy!” and carry on.

You are in every thread too, whats your point?

Posted by: diggdugg.9815

diggdugg.9815

could a mod please close this thread , there is no discussion, ideas, facts , its one person throwing some words at another person, really these forums should be better than this
/close thread pls

SpectacularYak.6518

You are in every thread too, whats your point?

It’s because I can’t wait to see what you’ll say next, Birdy! What is it today!?

GW2 ran over my dog?
GW2 burned down my house?
GW2 made me waste hours on a forum posting reams of bile about a game I hate?

Posted by: Badmethod.4762

Badmethod.4762

No, I played like the rest of you, enjoyed 1-80. it came around all too fast being an easy and pretty void of challenge to that point. like any other mmo levelling, although it was flashier and more immersive, I guess that’s what the kids like these days.

This may have a different approach to MMOs, but it is still marketed as an “MMO PERSISTANT WORLD EVERY CHANGING, CONSTANT THINGS TO DO” …. but those things to do are so minor compared to pretty much all the competition (in PvE at least).

All of you say you could write a really long list, all of you talking nonsense when simple bullet point format would do.

Prooblem is all you can do is make a small list look big like the stupid PR garbage they blurted out the other day “things to do at 80 – things you have already done now go through them with a fine tooth comb because there is literally nothing else other than token and materials.”

I had to laugh at the “void of challenge” bit. If you want to be challenged then go to Uni or feed the starving or something. last time I checked this was a game and people came here to enjoy their travels and socialize. Void of challenge hehe, still chuckling here over that.

Posted by: Komatik.2078

Komatik.2078

Ive posted this in another thread but i will repost it here again since its more on topic then it was on the other thread.

How is this game not a grind?
Everything costs money, karma or dungeon tokens.

I enjoyed the game very much at first but now it starting to frustrate me
I loved lvling my ranger but now with everything f*** up i don’t have any reason
To keep playing while this game has so much potential it has more flaws then goods that Completely destroy all the fun things left to do.

My lvl 80 ranger is pretty much on hold since there is no incentive to do anything in this game cuz the income from [input activity] issent rewarding enough for the time and cost investment put in the first place.

• i cant craft cuz there is no relible income for gold → TP
  • i cant farm for crafting due to the anti farming code
  • orange karma gear is around 42k per piece wtf???
  • i cant run dungeons cuz they drop only blue’s and green’s and very sometimes a yellow
  • i cant farm dungeon gold due to anti farming code
  • i cant farm for dungeon gear due to the 13k tokens needed to get a full set
  • i cant farm dungeons cuz there to time consuming for the reward given, loot as intellectual rewarding wise.
  • events are also not a reliable source of income anymore due to the massive zergs
  • i cant play the TP becuz every item is almost at vendor price.
  • did i forget something [input here]

I think most ppl saying the reward is not rewarding enough are using the wrong word.
    Cuz atm ppl saying you need to play for fun dont understand that the issue issent all about the loot. It is about the a steady income of currency that is lacking in this game and the massive amounts of time and gold sinks put in to discourage this.

If they atliest would buff the rewards or lower the costs ppl would atliest have some incentive to stop complaining, cuz i can’t do kitten when am broke i can’t even vent my frustration on /m due to anti spamming code.
Imo there to many limiting Factors in gw2

And if anyone knows what is FUN and dosen’t require gold or a huge amount of time
plz let me know, cuz am at a lose here.

SpectacularYak.6518

I had to laugh at the “void of challenge” bit. If you want to be challenged then go to Uni or feed the starving or something. last time I checked this was a game and people came here to enjoy their travels and socialize. Void of challenge hehe, still chuckling here over that.

Amusingly, the EQ fans used the “void of challenge” cudgel to beat WoW fans with when that game launched.

In time, the abused become the abusers.

Also amusingly, no MMO ever has ever been particularly challenging on a tactical or reflex level, almost all of them allow you to brute force your way through with a massive time investment.

Reinth.1498

Well, for now honestly I don’t bother if the Devs gonna close this thread because this is the fact about what most of those “unsatisfied” fresh 80s will do. If you know what I mean..

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Endgame PvE options at level 80:

-Get 100% world completion. This is pretty fun most of the time, but it’s over quite quickly unless you’re sitting around waiting on bugged skillpoints, or for your server to change WvW positions so that you can pick up PoIs/vistas.

-Do events. But why? They’re really just the same old “mindlessly mash 1 against waves of harmless enemies that run straight into the AoE killing fields” sort of thing you’ve done from 1-80. It tends to be more than a little mind-numbing and I don’t really know why I would spend my free time doing it. You can get some money and karma for ugly orange gear, but that doesn’t seem like a great motivator. I already have enough cash/karma to buy full 80 oranges but I haven’t even bothered. My 78 oranges are worse by a whole couple stat points and don’t need fine transmutation stones.

-Do explore mode dungeons. These are extremely frustrating, buggy nightmares, and that’s assuming you can even somehow manage to get 4 other poor idiots to waste their time to lose money and get 1% closer to some armor set. Considering how difficult that can be, good luck getting all of the massive amount of tokens you’ll need, especially when only a small fraction of the playerbase is even good enough to make progress in them. I want to like dungeons, but they are incredibly unfun and very reminiscent of D3 Inferno.

-Get more crafting professions to 400. There is absolutely zero reason to do this unless you really like throwing money away. Save time and just give it away.

-Get a legendary weapon. Haha! Right.

I don’t really know what to do at this point aside from play alts, which doesn’t seem particularly appealing. Already defended enough circles against 7 waves of centaurs. Mashing 1 to try and tag everything isn’t gonna be all that different on a warrior than a thief.

Posted by: Aven.7295

Aven.7295

As i see it, the “redesigned endgame” is one of 3 things

A. NC pushed the game so hard to come out that the game was not ready but they made due with what they had and are trying to sell and incomplete product. (Most likely choice, all you have to do is look at aion to know NC’s take on things.)

B. It was a cop out so they thought they could get away with not doing unique content for max level. (unlikly but possible)

or C. They truely belive they are redesigning endgame and are confused as to why players are in an uproar.

either way, they need to seriously rethink their aproach because they built a game that supposed to be next gen but all i see are billions of mechanics to punnish players for playing their game.

Aven Scorchfield, lvl 80 Guardian
Server: Maguma
Guild: Judgement [Eye]

Posted by: BatteryBiscuits.1573

BatteryBiscuits.1573

Well this has been a similar problem in the begining of gw1 until they released the underworld and fissure of woe and such. I wouldn’t really call Orr as endgame material itself. Of course there’s certain difficulties but it’s not really a hard place itself with the ammount of people.
If the underworld and fissure of woe would be also in gw2 i’D like to see smart mobs or smart dynamic events that would spell doom on random zerg so that coordination would be needed.
It would be a ture challenge and big fun along with nice rewards if there will be.

Then again I assume the next 1-2 weeks of something like this would fill the forums with: Underworld Way too hard, please fix.

Posted by: Thor Rising.7850

Thor Rising.7850

The economy is so bad right now. It takes around 8 to 14 gold per piece of exotic gear, and you can only farm about 2 g in a day with all these new restrictions. The explorable nerf didn’t affect me too much, but since the loot from chests is usually bad, there’s no point in grinding them unless you really want to do 10 runs per piece of gear that you will have to transmute onto exotic armor with better stats.

The anti-farming software makes it so I can kill Risen for about 20 minutes and net around 50 silver to 1 g per every few hours. With my limited time to play, I can make around 1 gold per day now to grind towards my exotic armor set. Every day the set I’m going for rises in price, effectively keeping it out of my reach. I can’t do dungeons because I would lose money, I can’t do dynamic events because I get very bad money and the diminishing return makes it worse and worse. Doing world events usually takes about an hour to get a chest full of blue items, sometimes not even level 80 gear. Map completion has never been something I’m interested in.

What I want is to be able to do dungeons and actually make money from them. As it is now, you spend more money on repairs than you get from the dungeon, and sometimes you might get one gold item if you’re lucky. Dungeon runs take at least an hour, and you need to do 10 runs to get one piece of gear that you will need to transmute onto something more expensive.

Posted by: Deith.7596

Deith.7596

“I want everything in a day”, well I want SOMETHING to do during the day and you cankitten off if you think doing 8 professions is my dreamwork. “Well, the game is new, log out and log in in like 2 months when they add new content” – well, the game isn’t new on the market of mmo and still they make the same mistakes and you try to justify it with dumb arguments.

None of good stories starts with “I was drinking my milk when suddenly…”

Posted by: IanAwesome.3192

IanAwesome.3192

You’re a tool if you think that all mmo’s (this one in particular) should be a “casual” and zerging snoozefest where you pretty much can faceroll 1-5 in pvp, DE’s and world bosses. For a game that was supposed to bring so much “tactics” to the game with It’s innovative control scheme, I can see where he comes from with “void”. The victories I gain in Guild Wars gives me a little, next to nothing, and actually leaves a pretty hollow and void feeling.

And regarding the Op, I’ll simply quote what another player wrote which sums up my feelings thus far very well:

“1-80 it tells a nice story, and there is a ton of other people around, but there is no real reason for them to even be there tbh.
After that, its just a silly grind fest, all MMO’s are just a silly grind fest, so no shocker there really, only to be expected.
What is shocking on the other hand is just how buggy and badly put together the Game is.

And last but not least, a complete ‘Zerg’ mentality brought on by the removal of the Trinity system, a trinity system that in itself was not a bad thing, it just failed because Game Devs ‘failed’ to make Tanking and Healing ‘FUN’, lol
Oooh ZERG, that reminds me, WvWvW, the one thing that I thought would be GW2’s best feature turned out to be nothing more than a Zerg fest,
There is no strategy, no tactics, no nothing, there is not even any PvP lol, it’s just endless Zerging, big groups running around, smashing gates and then killing a mini boss"

(edited by IanAwesome.3192)

Posted by: LooLoo.1437

LooLoo.1437

I don’t want something in a day, I want something I can get in let’s say.. not 200 hours worth of work?

I’ve tried every method imaginable to make money, and before nerf it was around 1 gold per hour. I thought that was bad, I am not even going to try to make money anymore until these systems are looked at again and repaired.

I try to complete the map but there are so many skill point bugs that I can’t even complete a zone without running into a bug so I just give up and sit in town or play an alt.

Posted by: Spryt.8012

Spryt.8012

Well what did you do in other mmorpg? Daily for faction? Dungeons/experts for gear? Raids? Crafting? Well you can do pretty much all that in GW2 except instanced raids. What were you expecting to be doing at endgame?

Posted by: Gareth Porlest.7209

Gareth Porlest.7209

I just wish the end game wasn’t regulated to doing things that are extremely tedious. Why oh why didn’t they follow the brilliant way they handled Guild Wars, in that aspect.

Posted by: IanAwesome.3192

IanAwesome.3192

Well what did you do in other mmorpg? Daily for faction? Dungeons/experts for gear? Raids? Crafting? Well you can do pretty much all that in GW2 except instanced raids. What were you expecting to be doing at endgame?

Not what I’ve been doing up until that point, so to say. Their “80 things to do at lvl 80” is a mockery of what end-game should be like. Achievement hunting and doing “puzzles” isn’t real end-game content. Of course I was hoping there would be more 80 zones aswell as instances.

Posted by: Sannou.8632

Sannou.8632

Posted by: iniside.4736

iniside.4736

What exatcly you do in other mmos ?
Ahh I know. You grind single instance (raid, whatever), to gear up xx ampount of people so you can grind another instance to gear up xx people so you can do another instance..
At least what I remember from so called other mmos, that have end-game, and more things to do.
Actually i find more things to do in GW2.

I’m not going into this discussion. You just expect something entirely diffrent.
I for once feel GW2 realise all it’s promises.

Not what I’ve been doing up until that point, so to say. Their “80 things to do at lvl 80” is a mockery of what end-game should be like. Achievement hunting and doing “puzzles” isn’t real end-game content. Of course I was hoping there would be more 80 zones aswell as instances.

There is no universal definition of how “end-game” should be tackled.
If you don’t like it. Play another game.

I really like GW2 after level 80. If you can’t understand it. Fine. It’s matter of taste. It’s game not scientific work.

(edited by iniside.4736)

Posted by: Kevman.6280

Kevman.6280

All you do at lvl 80 is farm…..there is no initiative to gain better gear or to strategize with guildies on how to take down that next RAID etc …and dungeons in this game are just zergs….die run back ..die runback… arena net has to do something or ill be looking to buy a new MMO

Posted by: ACME.2015

ACME.2015

There is endgame. It’s just boring as hell. Orr, dungeons, wvw don’t even give good rewards or money. The best way to gain money right now is to play the trading post. That involves standing near the trading post npc for hours playing the post, not the game.

Posted by: teemoor.4397

teemoor.4397

This game has much to offer at endgame.

I don’t feel like writing an essay to explain what the endgame offers. So, good luck.

So there is something in GW2 endgame, but it’s a secret and only chosen ones see it?
Let’s brake down the content in categories:

Dungeons
Did em all, won’t do again, why would I? I get nothing from them.

Crafting
Did it all, equipped my guild, bored. And everyone and their mother are crafters anyway.

Dynamic events
Don’t get me started.

WWW/SPVP
Did it, it’s awful. No roles + mindless zerg = even more mindless zerg.
No rewards. No personal rewards, no world rewards (these +3% bonuses are kinda nothing). In Aion you sieged an Abyss fortress, captured it and then you had access to that fortress’ instance, for example. No open world PVP, no gank, no fun.
SPVP is all about who can stand in glowing spot longer. I mean really. Even 1v1 tournaments would be more interesting. TEH BESTEST WARR EU ©

Exploring 100%
This one is funny – I did 70% just by leveling to 80, so 100% is like +2 more days after that).

So what do I do @ lvl 80 (considering I have 3 exotic sets incl. jewelry and all weapons)?

Deith.7596

I don’t feel like writing an essay to explain what the endgame offers. So, good luck.

So there is something in GW2 endgame, but it’s a secret and only chosen ones see it?

Dungeons

Crafting
Did it all, equipped my guild, bored. And everyone and their mother are crafters anyway.

Dynamic events
Don’t get me started.

WWW/SPVP
No rewards. No personal rewards, no world rewards (these +3% bonuses are kinda nothing). In Aion you sieged an Abyss fortress, captured it and then you had access to that fortress’ instance, for example. No open world PVP, no gank, no fun.
SPVP is all about who can stand in glowing spot longer. I mean really. Even 1v1 tournaments would be more interesting. TEH BESTEST WARR EU ©

Exploring 100%
This one is funny – I did 70% just by leveling to 80, so 100% is like +2 more days after that).

So what do I do @ lvl 80 (considering I have 3 exotic sets incl. jewelry and all weapons)?

They just gonna say “you rushed everything, it’s your fault” even if it’s not the case.

Posted by: tribeca.3729

tribeca.3729

Here’s a good sum up of all the complaints currently, Reinth. <whine whine whine whine whine whine I WANT EVERYTHING IN A DAY whine whine whine whine whine>

There is nothing really to get.

Posted by: Renome.2736

Renome.2736

Dungeons

Crafting

Dynamic events
Don’t get me started.

WWW/SPVP

Exploring 100%

I know what YOU should do, you should purchase Pandaria.
This game gave you content worth of 60$, I hope you had fun, cya.
This is not game for you, and this game won't change even a bit to match your image of perfect mmo, because there are alot of people actually loving this game.

Posted by: Gauradan.8361

Gauradan.8361

I know what YOU should do, you should purchase Pandaria.
This game gave you content worth of 60$, I hope you had fun, cya.
This is not game for you, and this game won’t change even a bit to match your image of perfect mmo, because there are alot of zombies actually loving this game.

Fixed that for you.

The only thing that is perhaps worth doing is leveling and that only once. Everything else is a grindfest. And don’t tell me to play dungeons and DEs for fun, because doing the same thing 50 times over sure as hell isn’t fun.

Aed f’haeil moen Hirjeth taenverde.

tribeca.3729

Ive posted this in another thread but i will repost it here again since its more on topic then it was on the other thread.

I loved lvling my ranger but now with everything f*** up i don’t have any reason
To keep playing while this game has so much potential it has more flaws then goods that Completely destroy all the fun things left to do.

My lvl 80 ranger is pretty much on hold since there is no incentive to do anything in this game cuz the income from [input activity] issent rewarding enough for the time and cost investment put in the first place.

• i cant craft cuz there is no relible income for gold -> TP
  • i cant run dungeons cuz they drop only blue’s and green’s and very sometimes a yellow
  • i cant farm dungeons cuz there to time consuming for the reward given, loot as intellectual rewarding wise.
  • events are also not a reliable source of income anymore due to the massive zergs

I think most ppl saying the reward is not rewarding enough are using the wrong word.
    Cuz atm ppl saying you need to play for fun dont understand that the issue issent all about the loot. It is about the a steady income of currency that is lacking in this game and the massive amounts of time and gold sinks put in to discourage this.

If they atliest would buff the rewards or lower the costs ppl would atliest have some incentive to stop complaining, cuz i can’t do kitten when am broke i can’t even vent my frustration on /m due to anti spamming code.

And if anyone knows what is FUN and dosen’t require gold or a huge amount of time

The main reason imo they are making it hard to gain gold and/or removing all viable ways to earn gold. Is due to them not wanting people to use in game gold to buy too many gems. Soon they will come out with tons and tons of cash shop items and keeping the player base poor will promote more real money sales of gems.

Anyone who has played a fare amount of free to play games (in this case a buy to play game) with a cash shop knows this is what is normally done. You tell the player they can earn everything the cash shop has to offer if they just put in the time to get the gold to convert to what ever type of currency the cash shop uses. They then nerf every way to make money in game so it is almost like you spend more money trying to gain money.

(edited by tribeca.3729)

Posted by: Gimano.7381

Gimano.7381

Sometimes I think Anet game developers must have the patience of a Saint when dealing with all the people constantly contradicting themselves about what they want in GW2.

They’re probably not always the same people so they’re not contradicting themselves, it’s just different opinions from different people.

I’m not max level yet so I don’t care about any form out end game

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

-Get 100% world completion. This is pretty fun most of the time, but it’s over quite quickly unless you’re sitting around waiting on bugged skillpoints, or for your server to change WvW positions so that you can pick up PoIs/vistas.

-Do events. But why? They’re really just the same old “mindlessly mash 1 against waves of harmless enemies that run straight into the AoE killing fields” sort of thing you’ve done from 1-80. It tends to be more than a little mind-numbing and I don’t really know why I would spend my free time doing it. You can get some money and karma for ugly orange gear, but that doesn’t seem like a great motivator. I already have enough cash/karma to buy full 80 oranges but I haven’t even bothered. My 78 oranges are worse by a whole couple stat points and don’t need fine transmutation stones.

-Do explore mode dungeons. These are extremely frustrating, buggy nightmares, and that’s assuming you can even somehow manage to get 4 other poor idiots to waste their time to lose money and get 1% closer to some armor set. Considering how difficult that can be, good luck getting all of the massive amount of tokens you’ll need, especially when only a small fraction of the playerbase is even good enough to make progress in them. I want to like dungeons, but they are incredibly unfun and very reminiscent of D3 Inferno.

-Get more crafting professions to 400. There is absolutely zero reason to do this unless you really like throwing money away. Save time and just give it away.

I don’t really know what to do at this point aside from play alts, which doesn’t seem particularly appealing. Already defended enough circles against 7 waves of centaurs. Mashing 1 to try and tag everything isn’t gonna be all that different on a warrior than a thief.

LOL, that’s absolutely hilarious – poster deliberately reduces the gameplay to the most boring, mechanistic thing he can possibly do, and then complains that he’s bored.

Genius!

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

Poor birdy, the white knights of anet continue to pretend that nothing is wrong unfortunately.

I alos love how if we say anything negative about this game, we are branded as wow-players.

Minion

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

• i cant craft cuz there is no relible income for gold -> TP

You just claimed the game is a grind and then listed a load of things that you say prevent you from grinding…

Posted by: Renome.2736

Renome.2736

I don’t want to believe some people think not the way I do and I will call them zombies.
Even if I can’t describe what I want, Anet MUST (because they clearly do-I payed 50 bucks!) change it to work like i want it to (again: even if I don’t know what i want)

Fixed that for you.

(edited by Renome.2736)

tribeca.3729

At this point I am just leveling alts of each of the professions I enjoy. I have found no real reason to play my level 80 anymore. I am still having a ton of fun playing my alts so I think I will get my money worth over the next few months.

I have learned to just look at this game more like a single player game that cost 59 bucks. You get a few hundred hours of fun then walk away.

Posted by: Easterlily.5836

Easterlily.5836

I actually think that the game has as much to offer on max level than on lower level.

You always continue forward, but there will be curves before you reach the end of the road.

Posted by: Gareth Porlest.7209

Gareth Porlest.7209

LOL, that’s absolutely hilarious – poster deliberately reduces the gameplay to the most boring, mechanistic thing he can possibly do, and then complains that he’s bored.

Genius!

Outside of WvW and PvP, there is nothing else to do at the end game that doesn’t get boring faster than it should.

Like I said, Anet needs to go back to Guild Wars 1, see what they did for end game content there..realize people did it for 5 years and it was working..take those few mechanics and implement them into this game and then profit.

Posted by: Komatik.2078

Komatik.2078

You just claimed the game is a grind and then listed a load of things that you say prevent you from grinding…

No i dont think you understand fully what am trying to say, the game prevent’s you of making reliable gold, thus prevent’s you from progressing whatever you are doing ingame.

It’s so bad you can’t even farm/ grind/ earn whatever you want to call it.
becuz its:
A: to time consuming
B: discouraged → anti farming code
C: hase a very steep price

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

The major issue with the endgame is this in my opinion (though it is not an issue for me personally): You have countless things to do after getting to 80, but the game does not offer much, some may say any character progression after hitting max level. Most other MMORPG have conditioned people to the cycle of max level => farm max gear (probably in “raids” and stuff) => new content released => +levels, max gear now sucks, new max gear… GW1 never worked that way, but probably we now have a new generation of players who expect a game to be like that.

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

No i dont think you understand fully what am trying to say, the game prevent’s you of making reliable gold, thus prevent’s you from progressing whatever you are doing ingame.

It’s so bad you can’t even farm/ grind/ earn whatever you want to call it.
becuz its:
A: to time consuming
B: discouraged -> anti farming code
C: hase a very steep price

If you just do events, map completions and some WvW you get plenty of money from playing normally. There is no need to specifically farm. You also, at the same time, get plenty of karma.

What the game prevents is the ridiculous situation they had in GW1 where people made builds that made them invincible while pulling an entire zone of vaettirs, rezoning and repeating for hours etc. So many players ended up at the gold cap that ecto’s had to be used as an unofficial currency. This is madness.

Half the forum is filled with complaints that “the entire game is a grind and Anet promised a game with no grinding, why don’t I have all the items after 2 weeks!” and the other half is complaining that running around in circles killing the same mobs for hours isn’t as profitable as actually playing the game.

Just play normally and vary your activities and you’ll have everything eventually.

Deith.7596

New generation? Guild Wars 1 release: 2005, WoW release: 2004.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

well, not applying strictly correct sociological terminology here A “next generation” game isn´t necessarily released 20 – 30 years after the last game too.