For those who complain that this game lacks of endgame content.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Komatik.2078

Komatik.2078

If you just do events, map completions and some WvW you get plenty of money from playing normally. There is no need to specifically farm. You also, at the same time, get plenty of karma.
What the game prevents is the ridiculous situation they had in GW1 where people made builds that made them invincible while pulling an entire zone of vaettirs, rezoning and repeating for hours etc. So many players ended up at the gold cap that ecto’s had to be used as an unofficial currency. This is madness.
Half the forum is filled with complaints that “the entire game is a grind and Anet promised a game with no grinding, why don’t I have all the items after 2 weeks!” and the other half is complaining that running around in circles killing the same mobs for hours isn’t as profitable as actually playing the game.
Just play normally and vary your activities and you’ll have everything eventually.

• I don’t like WvW
  • map completion is frustrating due to the high travel costs not to mention repairs along the way

are these the only 2 things i could do just to break even with my repairs, travel, crafting
and armour upgrade costs?
Cuz srsly am not going to play a game that makes me earn/ farm 4 vials of blood for 2 runs before the law of diminishing returns kicks in while i need 44 of them just to lvl to the next tier of crafting without spending gold

Anet promised a game with no grinding

yet a dungeon set cost 13k, crafting require ridiculous amounts of mats wich you can’t farm/ earn btw, Karma gear cost 42k a piece and so on am not gona repeat the full list.

I dont understand that you are defending this cuz think about it this way no matter what rules they put in to discourage players from farming/ earning currency A for X amounts of time. It will still always take less time for a hardcore player to get everything he wants while we the casual only have a hour a week mby and only get 20-30 out of the13k for a full set this will take me years without a visual clue that am making progress.

Just play normally and vary your activities and you’ll have everything eventually.

well i can’t do that eather due to the law of diminishing returns code
stay to long in a zone or DE you like and you get punished for it

(edited by Komatik.2078)

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

• I don’t like WvW
  • map completion is frustrating due to the high travel costs not to mention repairs along the way

are these the only 2 things i could do just to break even with my repairs, travel, crafting
Cuz srsly am not going to play a game that makes me earn/ farm 4 vials of blood for 2 runs before the law of diminishing returns kicks in while i need 44 of them just to lvl to the next tier of crafting without spending gold

yet a dungeon set cost 13k, crafting require ridiculous amounts of mats wich you can’t farm/ earn btw, Karma gear cost 42k a piece and so on am not gona repeat the full list.

Well I’ve been doing a bit of everything and I hardly die. I have nearly full exotic including crafted weapons and 4 pieces of 42k karma gear. I have a 5g guild backpack, maxed huntsman and some gold spare. No I have not bought gold with gems, I actually converted gold into gems and bought dye with it.

Zone completion gives a decent amount of silver and 40 of a crafting material appropriate to the area, so it’s far more worthwhile to finish that off than to grind. Higher level zones actually give level 70-ish exotics for zone completion, which you can wear, salvage for ecto’s or sell.

I don’t understand why you’d want to keep doing the same DE over and over? If your drops stop just move on.

Posted by: Josher.9612

Josher.9612

It took around 5 months for normal people to get to max lvl in WOW and I never felt any sort of grind back them. I’ll be hitting 80 in around 1 month or less. If the only real progression is how my character looks, there certainly isn’t much motivation for me to play that character all that much.

The progression system is all over the place. Become max level instantly and get every ability in the game, then you’re deleveled again. Dungeon give you these rewards, which aren’t even good. PvP gives you these other rewards, but you can’t use them here or there. Its all very disjointed. You barely stay in one area long enough to really connect with it any gear you get is outdated so quickly, unless you’re collecting rares and buffing them up, which I forced myself to do just to CARE about the gear I have. Seems I can get a almost 10 levels out of a yellow, instead of trading greens and blues every 2-3 levels.

Its fun, but the persistence isn’t there, which is good and bad.

Posted by: Komatik.2078

Komatik.2078

• I don’t like WvW

Well I’ve been doing a bit of everything and I hardly die. I have nearly full exotic including crafted weapons and 4 pieces of 42k karma gear. I have a 5g guild backpack, maxed huntsman and some gold spare. No I have not bought gold with gems, I actually converted gold into gems and bought dye with it.

Zone completion gives a decent amount of silver and 40 of a crafting material appropriate to the area, so it’s far more worthwhile to finish that off than to grind. Higher level zones actually give level 70-ish exotics for zone completion, which you can wear, salvage for ecto’s or sell.

I don’t understand why you’d want to keep doing the same DE over and over? If your drops stop just move on.

why, becuz i like to help my friends in lower lvl zones and just becuz crafting just requers me to get massive amounts of mats. I dont think you fully grip the law of diminishing returns its applied for the entire map not just the event you are doing but for every event you are playing on the map spend more then 15min in the map and the law will automaticly kick in just do some tests and you will notice it.

I dont like to be controlled if i want to do a boring DE over and over again that should be my choice not Anets. For me Guild Wars 2 is sounding more as Penalty Wars 2

loved it but starting to hate it

Posted by: teemoor.4397

teemoor.4397

I know what YOU should do, you should purchase Pandaria.
This game gave you content worth of 60$, I hope you had fun, cya.
This is not game for you, and this game won’t change even a bit to match your image of perfect mmo, because there are alot of people actually loving this game.

Why would I buy Pandaria? Never played WoW (tried, but didn’t play).